report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Anti-MLM Bigots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
How many people did you tell about the product/service?
A couple dozen. But most wouldn't even give me the chance to actually talk about the products and services. They just rolled thier eyes and told me "not interested" as soon as I started talking about what to them sounded like a sales pitch.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Most Valued Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
A couple dozen. But most wouldn't even give me the chance to actually talk about the products and services. They just rolled thier eyes and told me "not interested" as soon as I started talking about what to them sounded like a sales pitch.
A couple of dozen??!! Thats all?

Seriously, you quit...very easily.
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Joe Is Cool

Quote:
I only quit because people wouldn't join. They wouldn't join because all they see or read about it is that people join, lose money, and quit. And that is due to the reputation of the company and MLM in general.

I would've had no problem working the business over a few years and offering a decent, competetively priced service. Even if most people didn't sign up (and assuming at least some of them did). But when everyone tells you to get lost and that it's a scam, and then you realize that the company itself was indeed lying to you, that pretty much means you need to quit.
I agree that people have some culpability in making decisions but you guys are still blaming the victim here.
(Christy Doyle and Iamsilly)

Old 10-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
A couple of dozen??!! Thats all?

Seriously, you quit...very easily.
Well if ZERO percent of 24 people that I actaully know said yes, then that stands to reason that if I asked an additional 24 STRANGERS, I'd probably get a similar result.

And I really had no choice at that point but to stop. There was no one else for me to call or ask to show up to meetings, and once the meetings stop, you are dead in the water. At that point I didn't quit. I just licked my wounds and focused on other stuff momentarily hoping that I could let things cool down and then try again later. But by the time I went to try again, I discovered the underlying scam and then officially quit.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Well if ZERO percent of 24 people that I actaully know said yes, then that stands to reason that if I asked an additional 24 STRANGERS, I'd probably get a similar result.

And I really had no choice at that point but to stop. There was no one else for me to call or ask to show up to meetings, and once the meetings stop, you are dead in the water. At that point I didn't quit. I just licked my wounds and focused on other stuff momentarily hoping that I could let things cool down and then try again later. But by the time I went to try again, I discovered the underlying scam and then officially quit.
You'll probably have to expose your business/products to hundreds, if not thousands to reach any level of success. Sounds a lot, but showing 3 people a day for a year is over 1000 people. 24 people is not even getting warmed up!
You merely did what most people do, though you probably told more people than most. Hence the high ''failure rate'' (its not failure, its quitting)
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Joe Is Cool

Quote:
You'll probably have to expose your business/products to hundreds, if not thousands to reach any level of success. Sounds a lot, but showing 3 people a day for a year is over 1000 people. 24 people is not even getting warmed up!
You merely did what most people do, though you probably told more people than most. Hence the high ''failure rate'' (its not failure, its quitting)
If you can't get a sale from people you know, good luck being able to show your wares to another 976 people, let alone making any actual sales.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
If you can't get a sale from people you know, good luck being able to show your wares to another 976 people, let alone making any actual sales.
Yea, if no one shows even a remote interest, then that's a big indicator of future results, even if you ask a bunch more people.

I should've known better because at the meeting I first attended, I was the only one who was even remotely interested there too.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:16 AM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Quote:
TBH, it sounds to me like you were dead in the water from the start.

Only a couple dozen people, huh? If you worked on your approach/pitch, do you think you could have improved your results...?

IMO, you were in the wrong company, and you 'failed' by quitting...
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Old 10-19-2011, 06:24 AM
Joe Is Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
TBH, it sounds to me like you were dead in the water from the start.

Only a couple dozen people, huh? If you worked on your approach/pitch, do you think you could have improved your results...?

IMO, you were in the wrong company, and you 'failed' by quitting...
No matter how good your pitch is, selling sh#tty MLM products is nearly impossible.

You guys have sh!t for brains. Quitting is not failure, quitting is a wise business decision.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:34 AM

Quote:
No matter how good your pitch is, selling sh#tty MLM products is nearly impossible.
Are all MLM products "shitty"?

I certainly don't think so....though I haven't seen, used or tried all of them so, how would I know?!

You have apparently?! so....wait, I don't think I'll take your word for it, thanks just the same...

Quote:
You guys have sh!t for brains. Quitting is not failure, quitting is a wise business decision.
Gee, thanks for sparing us the full power of your usage of the word shit, by using an "!" instead of an "i". It made your colorful insult so much more palatable... how nice of you, yer a peach...

Quitting CAN be a good decision, it depends entirely on the circumstances, doesn't it?

Quote:
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

~ Thomas Edison

Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

~ William Churchhill

Failure is only the opportunity to more intelligently begin again.

~ Henry Ford

Success...seems to be connected with action. Successful men keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.

~ Conrad Hilton
― Criss Jami
Click Here!

Last edited by ohein56 : 10-19-2011 at 06:42 AM.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:38 AM
Joe Is Cool

Quote:
Are all MLM products "shitty"?

Success...seems to be connected with action. Successful men keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.

~ Conrad Hilton
Show me where I said all? You're showing evidence that you really have sh!t for brains.

Quitting an MLM doesn't mean someone has quit trying to earn a living or making an extra buck. It would be insanity to stay in an MLM when the prospects of making a profit look bad. Don't you get that?

Old 10-19-2011, 08:18 AM
Joe Is Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
So if you don't believe they are all crappy....why did you select what you thought were the crappy ones to sell?
In many cases, the opportunity sucks as badly as the products. It's an easy decision to quit after that. A lot of people don't mind the products and prices when they believe that said products will deliver them a lifestyle or their dreams of cash rolling in while they si[ cocktails. Once the reality sets in, most of these folks no longer want any part of the business or the products.

If people truly liked the products, MLM would keep growing year after year as "most" former distributors would keep buying the products, but you know they don't.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:22 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I've tried several MLM's and this one appears to be the real thing. They have products, they have a good reputation and they pay you for your work.

Take a look at it and let me know what you think.

Link Removed

Last edited by katiescorner : 10-19-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
In many cases, the opportunity sucks as badly as the products. It's an easy decision to quit after that. A lot of people don't mind the products and prices when they believe that said products will deliver them a lifestyle or their dreams of cash rolling in while they si[ cocktails. Once the reality sets in, most of these folks no longer want any part of the business or the products.

If people truly liked the products, MLM would keep growing year after year as "most" former distributors would keep buying the products, but you know they don't.

Many companies are growing year after year. Your favourite, Amway will be having its first $Billion month soon I believe.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-19-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Show me where I said all?
I didn't say you said anything, I asked a question. You did say "MLM", not many, or even 'most' MLMs', you said, "selling sh#tty MLM products is nearly impossible". Unless you imply otherwise, considering your prior extreme anti-MLM 'position, I naturally thought you meant ALL MLM's.

Quote:
You're showing evidence that you really have sh!t for brains.
What evidence is this of yours?

You've resorted to more insults. Is that "evidence" that Yer a charmer? ...yep-pers!

Quote:
Quitting an MLM doesn't mean someone has quit trying to earn a living or making an extra buck.
Kind of like someone that likes MLM isn't a crook, scammer or victim? kinda like that? I get it.
Quote:
It would be insanity to stay in an MLM when the prospects of making a profit look bad. Don't you get that?
I get that, IF you're trying to profit.

Is it "insanity" if many people(notice where I didn't say ALL?), like myself, stay "in MLM" cause they like the products or services?

Where do they fit into your analysis of MLM failure & success?

Using a product or service that you like/LOVE is a 'success' in my book!

The 'opportunity' to 'profit' if possible, is a big plus, IMO. Icing on the cake so to speak...

Why don't you and your anti- MLM buddies ever "get that"?!
― Criss Jami
Click Here!

Last edited by ohein56 : 10-19-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickMN View Post
I've tried several MLM's and this one appears to be the real thing. They have products, they have a good reputation and they pay you for your work.

Take a look at it and let me know what you think.

link removed...
There's a 1/24 thread on the scam.com forum, guess you missed that?!

What do I think? I think you just may have spammed the forum!

Careful there patrick!

Welcome to the forum
― Criss Jami
Click Here!

Old 10-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Joe Is Cool

Quote:
I

Is it "insanity" if many people(notice where I didn't say ALL?), like myself, stay "in MLM" cause they like the products or services?
Whatever. People in cults "enjoy" being in one.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Whatever. People in cults "enjoy" being in one.
Meaning what?
― Criss Jami
Click Here!