report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2005, 12:12 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Baghdad Yacht Club

Not sure if it counts as an outright scam or just some guy with a good imagination making a few bucks, but I got a chuckle out of Baghdad Yacht Club. I even bought a shirt so I guess I got scammed. I can't imagine that there's really a yacht club in Baghdad, but I bought the shirt for my neighbor's son who's seving in Iraq.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Newbie Member

sailing scam

i hope this ends up in the right area but i hav recieved emails from scott bright. so is he really i scam? this is the first email i got from him and have had a few more since. The email is followed later on asking for u to get a work visa from "worldtravelagency@ukvisa.com ©" (b.t@consultant.com)

Dear Applicant {Anthony Ivory},

GTI Management wishes to thank you for contacting us regarding the arrangement of your Traveling Documents to the United Kingdom. We promise to Offer you the best which you will be Glad you did. It was Indicated in your E-mail that you have been told by PRINCESS LUCIA-Luxury Motor Yacht {Mr. Scott Bright} who asked you to contact us. We promise never to disappoint you as we have never disappointed him either. We would request that you provide us with the following so that the documentation will start immediately. We would get your visa within a week as soon as we receive the information from you.

- Full Name:

-Mailing Address:

-Phone Number:

-Nationality:

-Passport Photo page:

-Consulate of the United Kingdom (British Embassy) Address In your Location (If available):

-A Total of £ 1,000.00 for the processing of your Visa, Flight Ticket and other Backing Documents to enable you travel down to United Kingdom.

Type of visacharge
Validity
Term of issue
Consular fee
Single entry
12 month
3 days
£ 1,000.00
Single entry
14 months
5 days
£ 1,050.00
Single entry
18 months
7 days
£ 1,400.00

All Documents will be processed and arranged here in our Office after which will be forwarded to the British Embassy along with your Flight Ticket. Also, some Copies of this Document(s) will be sent to you.. Do note that a Copy of the United Kingdom Visa Form which you are to print, fill, scan and resend to us will be forwarded to you after we receive all requirement in full.

We will begin in earnest once we receive all necessary Details.

In anticipation of your response.

Yours Faithfully,
Global Travels International

Dear Crew,

I am Capt. Scott Bright from United Kingdom, I am recently working with PRINCESS LUCIA-Luxury Motor Yacht here in United Kingdom.We are seeking applicants to work on the new year-round UNITED KINGDOM flagged Passenger ship. Its a private own yacht, The monthly salary will be 3,500 sterling pound every three weeks, accommodation will be provided by the company. e-mail me and get back to me with a copy of your C.V/ Resume if interested Hope to hear from you soonest.

Best Regards,
Capt Scott Bright
PRINCESS LUCIA-Luxury Motor Yacht
201-203 Regent Street
London W1R 7DD
United Kingdom.

Last edited by sprinky : 03-29-2009 at 09:42 PM.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Platinum Member

Re: sailing scam

Seem to be old scam floating around. Read this discussion link for more information

http://www.dockwalk.com/Essentials/D...=posts&t=19788

There are two most probable motives for this scam. Either they want to steal your identity, or they want you to cash fake check and send money for "equipment".

Last edited by BorisZ : 03-29-2009 at 09:23 PM.

Old 03-30-2009, 12:22 AM
Newbie Member

Seems to me that for an English outfit (?) they don't speak the language very well. From the US or Canada, you should be able to get a flight for around $6-800, possibly even less. And 1,000 pounds is over $2,000. You should also be able to get your visa directly from the british gov't. Too many things not quite right here I think. Do a few Google searches.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Newbie Member

yeah thats what i thought. i emailed him back just to annoy him saying that i got another agent here in aust to organise it and he reckoned that i could only do it through that company lol.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:58 AM
Newbie Member

Hey sprinky, that's a good idea. Maybe we should all email him ten times a day asking for all sorts of information from him. That should sort him out in a hurry. Tell the thug that you want all sorts of photos and so on, plus half a dozen references. Anything to waste his day.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:22 AM
Newbie Member

yeah i have been it was fun then i sent him an email tell him wat i thought after wasting his time for about 2 weeks

Old 08-29-2010, 09:39 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Yacht Employment Available

Hello Crew,

My name is Capt.Brain Strike, 50 Years Old from United Kingdom,resides in London United Kingdom. I work with London Cosmos Yacht Club - Luxury Motor Yacht in United Kingdom.We are seeking applicants to work on the new UNITED KINGDOM flagged Passenger ship. Its a private own yacht,accommodation will be provided by the company.

Hope to hear from you soonest.
Best Regards
Here is my Email ID
career_yacht@live.com
Capt.Brain Strike

Dear Crew ,

We appreciate your interest in working with us and we have open an application file with reference number 0020/UK/AUG/AU/4084.We have gone through your CV and We found the post of Safety Officer for you with salary amount of 5,500 GB Pounds per month.The destination is always from London to France,Ireland,Belgium,Norway,Wales and USA.

Benefit:
The company will provide free accommodation ,Insurance (NIN) ,Flight Ticket,Tax Free and many more benefit you will see in your Appointment Letter.

Working Schedule:
Working Days & time: Monday to Friday: 8:00 AM - 6:00PM (GMT)

Saturday & Sunday: Off Day

Shift Time: Three daily shifts, Morning, Afternoon and Night.

Contract Period: 2 Years contract and it can be extended if only you wish to remain with our company

Vacation : 3 Month Vacation Interval for you to visit your love ones and family back home

As a notice of acceptance of job offer , we shall send you appointment and invitation letter for you to sign and return the sign copy back to us for record purpose . so therefore kindly let us know if you are satisfy with the salary rate above in order for us to proceed further.

We await to hear from you ASAP.
Regards
Capt. Brian Strike

Old 08-29-2010, 09:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Attached to this mail is your appointment letter , you are to carefully go through this appointment letter and make sure you have a thorough understanding of the terms and conditions contained therein because your signing it translates to your acceptance of the terms and condition contained therein and they will be binding on you throughout your contract stay with us . You are to sign the appointment by printing out only the last page of the appointment document, then write your signature and date at the appropriate spaces provided and send back to us via email for record purpose.

Since you are convince that you will arrive here within 2 week from now..we dont need to delay much time as your service is highly needed ..so therefore after receiving the Sign appointment letter , we shall proceed with the preparation of your traveling document.

Congratulations on your success
Regards
Capt. Brian Strike

Brain Strike <career_yacht@live.com>

We want to use this opportunity in congratulating you in advance for accepting to join our company. How soon do you want to come or can you make it down here within the next two week as we are urgently in need of you to arrive here as soon as possible .If you know it is possible for you to arrive here within the next two weeks , kindly find attached to this mail job interview questionnaire for you to fill and submit back to us so that it will speed up the process of your appointment letter.

We advice you to keep record of your application reference number and we hope you are not attached to any company presently so that you will focus on your job application as we are highly in need of you to arrive here soon, if not kindly let us know now before you sign any contract agreement with us.If yes we suggest that you start writing your resignation now to whom ever you are working for, so that you can pay more attention to your newly job ,if only you are really serious about this job offer..

*Full Name:
*Contact Address
*Date of Birth :
*Phone Number:

We await your immediate response to this mail.
Regards
Capt. Brian Strike

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/USER/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

Old 08-29-2010, 02:49 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Thanks for posting up those examples of the fake job emails.
Quote:
therefore after receiving the Sign appointment letter , we shall proceed with the preparation of your traveling document.
That is the 'lead-in' for the next email which will demand cash be send via Western Union for the visa, fake documents, health certificate, non-existent paper work, travel expenses, whatever costs the scammer dreams up.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 09-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Newbie Member

Yacht charter, boat rental scam

Beware !

Hello, We are happy to view your website online, we are a French couple that works and live in Hongkong. We will like to make a reservation on your chatered Yacht boat. Although, my wife she is sick now, after recovered from her sickeness we want to visit your Country and we will like to know if we can make the reservation through our credit card for the month of September 28-till next month 10th. Three hours per day on each day. Please let us know the terms and condition. e.g How much is the payment deposit? Do you refund the money back if incase we are unable to come? Please we are waiting to read from you and to know some details accrdingly Thanks. Hope to read from you soon Name: Barry White City: Lai Kok EASTE State : Kowloon Phone: (852) 28021544 Fax: (852) 2398-3336 Country: Hong Kong.

Old 09-09-2011, 02:22 PM

Re: Yacht charter, boat rental scam

100% scam.

There is no renter, no French couple, no one from Hong Kong and nothing legit in any of the emails.

There is only a scammer trying to steal your hard-earned money.

The next email will be from another of the scammer's fake names and free email addresses and will demand you over charge a stolen credit card and send the "excess" money to the scammer posing as the "travel agent". Or some illness will befall the "wife" and they will need a refund asap via Western Union or moneygram.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

If you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of great jobs, lottery winnings, millions in the bank and desperate, lonely, sexy singles. He will sell your email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

You could post up the email address and the emails themselves that the scammer is using, it will help make your post more googlable for other suspicious potential victims to find when looking for information.

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, you could google for information. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

6 "Rules to follow" to avoid most fake jobs:
1) Job asks you to use your personal bank/paypal account and/or open a new one.
2) Job asks you to print/mail/cash a check or money order.
3) Job asks you to use Western Union or moneygram in any capacity.
4) Job asks you to accept packages and re-ship them on to anyone.
5) Job asks you to pay visas, travel fees via Western Union or moneygram.
6) Job asks you to sign up for a credit reporting or identity verification site.

Avoiding all jobs that mention any of the above listed 'red flags' and you will miss nearly all fake jobs. Only scammers ask you to do any of the above. No. Exceptions. Ever. For any reason.

If you google "overcharge the credit card scam", "fraud Western Union payment scam" or something similar you will find hundreds of posts from victims and near-victims of this type of scam.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:05 AM
Newbie Member

Boat Rental Scam, Yacht Charter Scam

From John Bruner joh999331@gmail.com

Hello, Do you have boat available for booking from Saturday 22nd to 28th October, 2011.The number of guest to expect is 6 people. Get back to me if you have opening for reservation during my stated date. Warm Regards, John Bruner 9 St. Vincent Street Glasgow G2 5NW Scotland +44(0)-703-592-57

Old 09-21-2011, 05:52 AM
Newbie Member

Birthday yacht charter, boat rental scam

FROM Don Williams -

mr.donwilliams@yahoo.co.uk
Hello, I will like to contract your services with respect to my wife's birthday(Mrs Jasmine Williams) scheduled to hold on the 20th of NOV 2011.I will like you to take charge of the arrangements.Mrs Williams(my wife) happens to be from your country and this birthday celebrations is meant to be a surprise package that is to say she is not aware of this arrangement. Please get back to me with any of the services which you can provide as regards the birthday arrangement for my wife. - Vehicles /hotel transfers for the guests - ( coaches transportation) - location for the Birthday party - lodging for the guests for an estimate of twenty people(arriving on the 19 of NOV - and departing on the 23rd(morning) of NOV)2011 - Birthday cakes and Flower decorations - Sight seeing tours for the guest/ boat tours - (21st NOV) - DJ Sound& flower decoration The Birthday Budget is at the range of 24,000 GBP for now and it remains very flexible pending our final conclusion.Please do let me have the details of all i should know as regards the arrangement. Estimates and calculations should be based on the quoted budget. Do get back to me asap via e-mail- mr.donwilliams@yahoo.co.uk Mr Don Williams

Old 10-01-2011, 04:02 PM

Re: Boat Rental Scam, Yacht Charter Scam

100% scam, you are correct.

There is no one interested in chartering a boat.

There is only a scammer trying to steal your hard-earned money.

The next email will be from another of the scammer's fake names and free email addresses and will demand you overcharge a stolen credit card and send the "excess" back to the scammer posing as somoeone else, in cash, and only by Western Union or moneygram.

Or they will send a fake check and before it clears, "disaster" will strike and the "renter" will need that cash immediately for expenses and you will be instructed to cash the check, keep "some" for your troubles and send the rest, in cash, via Western Union or moneygram.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of great jobs, lottery winnings, millions in the bank and desperate, lonely, sexy singles. He will sell your email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, you could google for information. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

Old 10-26-2011, 11:44 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Are you getting regular scammers coming to you all the time? i wonder is it the same person

Old 10-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

could be you got on a sucker list posted someplace for all the aspiring scammers to use.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:06 AM
Newbie Member

Hi Kusadasicruise
I receive an average of 15 to 20 boat rental scams by email, per annum...such a waste of time...I would strongly suggest to "googlelize" the name and/or address of the "potential" client to know if it's a scammer or a real client.