report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Dennis Markuze a.k.a. David Mabus - In Trouble

Frequent godbot troll to Scam.com and many other website where the god vs. science debates happen, is about to be investigated ** the Monteal Police....

Quote:

MONTREAL — Following a deluge of thousands of complaints from around the world, Montreal police have launched an investigation into a St. Laurent man accused of making hundreds, if not thousands of deadly threats.

The man is believed to be Dennis Markuze, but uses a variety of pseudonyms when online, including David Mabus and Hebert Marxuxe.

Complainants say that he creates accounts on Twitter or on message boards then starts insulting, harassing, and threatening atheists, scientists, and journalists with profanity-laden messages telling people that they will be executed and subjected to the judgement of God.

In October 2010 Markuze showed up at the Atheist Alliance International conference in Montreal, where he was recognized and challenged ** attendees before he left.

Someone identifying themselves as Markuze then went online to the Humanist Canada website and wrote: "believe me, the only reason the photo is available is because I WANTED IT OUT THERE.... actually it is quite a flattering photo of me: With finger cocked and pointing, I say "And I gotta take out these idiots!"

Many people say they have complained to the Montreal police department in the past few years but that no investigation was ever launched.

Police have said that any investigation would be difficult because while Markuze lives in Montreal, many of his alleged victims live in other countries.

That changed this week, when more than 3,000 people signed a petition calling on police to investigate reports of death threats. Each signature resulted in an email to police.

Kyle VanderBeek, a San Francisco man who started the petition, says the threats are disconcerting and he wanted to act now instead of waiting for things to escalate.

VanderBeek says while testy exchanges are common online, alleged threats of decapitations, ex ecutions and genocide are not.

Montreal police have posted several messages on their own Twitter account, assuring people they are investigating and asking them to stop bombarding police with messages.

With files from the Canadian Press

Dennis,

Making death threats against others IS A CRIME. Enjoy the cavity search coming your way!
"I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:36 AM
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Re: Dennis Markuze a.k.a. David Mabus - In Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
Frequent godbot troll to Scam.com and many other website where the god vs. science debates happen, is about to be investigated ** the Monteal Police....

Dennis,

Making death threats against others IS A CRIME. Enjoy the cavity search coming your way!
WOW! No Shit, eh?

From Canadian TeleVision News station:
http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=MontrealHome
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Diamond Member

What I find most scary about this is that it appears his family supports his actions.

Quote:
“That’s ridiculous,” she said. “(My son) would not even kill a fly.
Maybe they don’t understand his message or something.”

Markuze’s mom said that her son told her he isn’t afraid of going to jail.
“He said, ‘What do you want me to do? If they want to take me to prison let them take me to prison. What can I do?’” she said.
She said that her son has the right to talk and tell the truth.
“I thought this was a free country,” she said. “Maybe he is misunderstood, but definitely I am not scared of his work.
"I am not scared at all about what he is doing. I am the mother. And mothers know best.”
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...=rssnewscanada

Apparently she considers spamming death threats to people accross the world part of her rights as a citizen.

I was minorly concerned before about this character but after seeing the quotes made ** his mother I'm very concerned.

If his parent or guardian has no problem with his activities than what does that say about the values this man has received?

What's more annoying is that now he's apparently in Ottawa
Quote:
She said her son lives with her, and is currently in Ottawa and can’t be reached for comment.
Montreal to Ottawa isn't a very far jump but it the minimum distance to effectively puts him across provincial lines and out of the immediate reach of the Quebec police department. They cannot question him if they don't know where exactly he is.

I doubt he's going to be home anytime soon to face the music. I suspect they are hopping it'll all blow over.

I'd almost be included to let it all go knowing that the point was made. However, since his gardian doesn't seem to see anything wrong with his actions and now DM has directly felt the heat of the law. If he escapes prosecution this will only embolden him to further action.

At this point. This must be carried to some conclusion.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:01 AM

I would bet the likes of PZ and Dawkins, being very reasonable people, would agree to drop these complaints for a public apology, agreement to seek counseling and an agreement to stay off the INTERNET for a specified period of time.

Similar to what happened to Sean "VenomFangX" the Christian Fundie of YouTube.

Personally, I think Dennis is a spoiled "momma's boy" who get his way whenever he stomps his feet...and know doesn't know where to run and hide...and might be looking for a way out. Your typical "internet tough guy" type.
"I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:07 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
I would bet the likes of PZ and Dawkins, being very reasonable people, would agree to drop these complaints for a public apology, agreement to seek counseling and an agreement to stay off the INTERNET for a specified period of time.

Similar to what happened to Sean "VenomFangX" the Christian Fundie of YouTube.
Dawkins and PZ might be willing to do that. Coupled with a restraining order against prevening him from getting within several hundred meters of them and the convention.

However, I don't think thats possible any more.

Venom was a civil matter involving liable statements and mis-use of the DCMA (sp?). The power and the problem was directly between 2 parties.

This situation is a criminal matter. Between DM and the police. There are as well hundreds of complaints an a direct complaint from Montreal itself.

The complaint cannot simply be dropped or held as a bargining chip.

Quote:
Personally, I think Dennis is a spoiled "momma's boy" who get his way whenever he stomps his feet...and know doesn't know where to run and hide...and might be looking for a way out. Your typical "internet tough guy" type.
I suspect DM and his family will try to blame others for this current problem. However, it's pretty obvious that they have had numourous warnings including being dropped ** every ISP in the area. They had there chance some time ago to prevent this.

There are a couple of things I find amusing about this entire case.

I have yet to find a single christian blog that supports DM. Appeartently he's taken it even to far for there liking.

If anything it's the athiests blogs that have been saying that compassion is deserved.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Montreal police make arrest in "Mabus" case on online death threats
A photo of Dennis Markuze/ David Mabus taken at the Atheist Alliance International meeting in Montreal, Oct. 2010
Updated: Wed Aug. 17 2011 4:09:35 PM

ctvmontreal.ca

Montreal police announced an arrest has been made in the so-called "Mabus" case of a man making death threats online.

The police have been inundated with complaints from around the world regarding the man, and made a public plea last week for people to stop sending complaints because an investigation is underway.

The threats often come from someone using the pseudonym "David Mabus," but he is widely believed to be Dennis Markuze, 36, a St-Laurent man. He also uses the screen name Hebert Marxuxe.

Police did not announce who they arrested and said no further details would be provided as the investigation is ongoing.

Complainants say that he creates accounts on Twitter or on message boards then starts insulting, harassing, and threatening atheists, scientists, and journalists with profanity-laden messages telling people that they will be executed and subjected to the judgement of God.

In October 2010, Markuze showed up at the Atheist Alliance International conference in Montreal, where he was recognized and challenged ** attendees before he left.

Someone identifying himself as Markuze then went online to the Humanist Canada website and wrote: "believe me, the only reason the photo is available is because I WANTED IT OUT THERE.... actually it is quite a flattering photo of me: With finger cocked and pointing, I say "And I gotta take out these idiots!"

Last week, nearly 5,000 people signed a petition calling on police to investigate reports of death threats. Each signature resulted in an email to police.

Kyle VanderBeek, a San Francisco man who started the petition, says the threats are disconcerting and he wanted to act now instead of waiting for things to escalate.

VanderBeek says while testy exchanges are common online, alleged threats of decapitations, ex ecutions and genocide are not.
Hey, Dennis....Couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Hey, Dennis....Couldn't happen to a nicer person.
Entire story of the entire complaint can be found here.
http://skeptools.wordpress.com/2011/...-mabus/#theend
(long and very informative)

He's been arrested, arraigned and placed on a 30 day psychological hold to be evaluated. He is to appear in court again on September 19th.
http://www.globalmontreal.com/montre...983/story.html

Last edited by Spector567 : 08-19-2011 at 04:32 PM.