report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2011, 04:46 PM
I am new at Scam.com

cystic travel group scam

if you recieve a glossy brochure in the mail containing two scratchie cards (one of them will be a winning ticket), stay away. They will ask for a photocopy of all your personel info and ask you to pay a nominal fee for all of the overseas taxes. you will not recieve any prize and they will take off with your money. The scam that i have encounted is the Cystic Travel Group. They will send all there info and they have a fake website and everything. www.cystictravelgroup.com

WATCH OUT!!!!!

has anyone else encounted the same scam?

Old 08-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Newbie Member

Re: cystic travel group scam

I got this rubbish in my mailbox......how the hell did these f**kers get my address.......
@clearbags...what did you win? I won US$180k....love to see how many others won the 2nd prize (apparently there are only two of us).
Im in Aust....interested to know where else the a**holes are sending their filth.......

Old 08-07-2011, 08:47 PM
I am new at Scam.com

yes im in adelaide and won the $180,000 us money as well.they are very cunning and convincing to a degree.Ass wipes!!!!! Everyone stay away no matter what crap they tell you and change your phone numbers as they havent given up on me yet..hmm maybe i should copy n paste what he last wrote to me in an email .its funny how the so call sponsor's voice from hong kong sounds exactally the same as guy from malaysia.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:17 PM
I am new at Scam.com

In Adelaide as well... Won the $180k prize to. LOL... I thought there was only Two second prizes LMFAO..Very persistent and almost convincing

Old 08-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Newbie Member

so 3 of the 4 post are from us in Adelaide. You can't tell me that is random. I have brought it to the attention of the ACCC, then again, i dont expect much from them.....
There has to be a way of backing up karma truck and dumping a big load of crap on them.....mail bomb, DOS attack.....not that im encouraging it...

Old 08-08-2011, 06:06 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I also received a Cystic Travel Brochure. Same deal.
This one was good. For awhile they had me. You know from the start, however there is something inside of us that dares to dream. I had a recent cruise so to receive this was not totally out of the blue to receive this brochure, especially with sponsors such as Princess Cruises. The company Cystic Travel seems to be listed which makes their scam although more difficult to crack.
The authorities were notified 2 days ago so it will be interesting to see what happens

Old 08-08-2011, 09:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I just won 180 thousand US dollars today in the mail.and typed in cystic travel into google which brought me to here thanks for being here to circumvent theses pricks quote=clearbags19;1073660]if you recieve a glossy brochure in the mail containing two scratchie cards (one of them will be a winning ticket), stay away. They will ask for a photocopy of all your personel info and ask you to pay a nominal fee for all of the overseas taxes. you will not recieve any prize and they will take off with your money. The scam that i have encounted is the Cystic Travel Group. They will send all there info and they have a fake website and everything. www.cystictravelgroup.com

WATCH OUT!!!!!

has anyone else encounted the same scam?[/quote]

Old 08-08-2011, 09:28 PM
I am new at Scam.com

got it in the mail today and also won 180 thousand, thanks to this site all i did was google cystic travel and it brought me here, well done

Old 08-08-2011, 09:42 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I also received the brochure, very convincing. The lady assured me that I had the original ticket as there are scammers also promoting their company. she also said they were bringing the group to australia, adelaide sydney, melbourne and the gold coast. She will tell you that she a single parent with a young child and she is coming to adelaide. what a load of crap. had me and my hub** going for a while until a family member alerted us of the scam.
whatever you do, don't send any info of yourself. if she gives you this number to ring it's also a bogus number. it is supposed to be Hong Kong Finance Authority. they are not even listed in HONG KONG. the number is 001185294573059. I am from adelaide, too. Pricks. not happy.

Last edited by eve webster : 08-08-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:51 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I also received the brochure, very convincing. The lady assured me that I had the original ticket as there are scammers also promoting their company. she also said they were bringing the group to australia, adelaide sydney, melbourne and the gold coast. She will tell you that she a single parent with a young child and she is coming to adelaide. what a load of crap. had me and my hub** going for a while until a family member alerted us of the scam.
whatever you do, don't send any info of yourself. if she gives you this number to ring it's also a bogus number. it is supposed to be Hong Kong Finance Authority. they are not even listed in HONG KONG. the number is 001185294573059.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Newbie Member

quite disturbing that there seem to be more Adelaide people on the list....

How the hell did they find us.?

I had a call from Carmen yesterday. I gave her my mobile number when i first made contact. When she called yesterday, i said she had the wrong number....As far as i am concerned, the can keep waisting time and money calling my mobile.

But it still concerns me they have my address. SOMEONE has given it to them.....

Old 08-09-2011, 06:42 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Thanks to scam.com and all of the previous contributors. I knew it was too good to be true to win US$180K! I read the small print on the 'winning' scratchie and it says "Any duplicated copies of any winning cards will not be a valid claim". This immediately aroused my suspicions. I don't think the authourities will be able to do mush, but I also wonder how these mo fo's got my ADL name and address.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Newbie Member

i am convinced, this is not a coincidence, that 95% on the people here are from Adelaide.

I therefore submit to you all, we must have something in common or have a link somehow. Its too spasific to be random......

Still , these a**holes deserve a smack in the chops none the less....

Old 08-09-2011, 08:56 PM
I am new at Scam.com

We received the 2 scratchies in the mail. We rang Bryan last night and he asked me to scan the winning ( $180,000 ) scratchy and email it to him today at work. Thanks to you guys, he can go f**k himself. Some sort of payback would be good for these guys. His email is bryan.loh@cystictravel.com

P. S. We are based in country Victoria

Old 08-10-2011, 03:11 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Yes I too received two scratchie tickets and behold won a second prize of US180,000. would have been nice, but thanks to your posts, know now just another scam.
I am in adelaide as well.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanW1955 View Post
We received the 2 scratchies in the mail. We rang Bryan last night and he asked me to scan the winning ( $180,000 ) scratchy and email it to him today at work. Thanks to you guys, he can go f**k himself. Some sort of payback would be good for these guys. His email is bryan.loh@cystictravel.com

P. S. We are based in country Victoria
here's an idea......sign them up to mailing list etc.
here's carman@cystictravel.com

:t ongue:

Old 08-10-2011, 09:20 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Same deal here! I received the winning scratchy for US180K and was asked to pay US$3780
up front to complete the legal requirements for payout in Hong Kong. The guy I had
contact with was a Kent Chan form Cystic Travel- very convincing these guys and have
all the smart answers and processes to make it seem real. Thankfully I googled the
Cystic Company last night and was directed to this website!
I contacted Mr Chan this morning and informed him the scam had been reported to
authorities in Aus and that I had records of all dealings with him that I would provide
to assist any possible investigation. He blamed other scammers but didn't hang around
chatting!!! The old saying applies:" if it sounds too good to be true, then it most
likely is!!" BE AWARE!!!

Old 08-10-2011, 10:33 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Any of you adelaide people ** chance going on the Cruisin Country Cruise in oct/nov....could that be a link?