report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!

Re: MLM's w/ competitively priced products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
I guess you haven't found a scam to bust yet.
If somebody advised me to hang some "sizzle" cards in public shitters all over town, I would consider that to be a scam.

Of course, you might have a different interpretation.

Here's a good one....
"That's why I changed my 'story'".
Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Old 08-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
At least ChrisDoyle has the balls to use his real name on a public forum!

He's got more hutzpah than you do, fyst-o!

Pathetic!? YOU are the pathetic one here, just to be clear, hate-boy, ...cynic...!
LOL. Are we back playing this "who has the balls to post his real name" game when you and Doyle have no real answer to your business incomes? Just admit it, both you and Doyle make nothing despite decades of attempts at MLM, and b-y revealing how much you make will completely go against the hype you are trying to peddle here.

Last time when you tried to play this pathetic who-has-the-balls-to-post-his-real-name game, the conclusion was the clown who started all this "anonymous troll" argument ended up having his name converted to **** ******** A taste of his own "anonymous troll" medicine no less

Oh yeah, and we also never found out if Kerry Lee Hein is really a woman or not.

Prove it, bitch

Old 08-02-2011, 06:42 AM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyst View Post
LOL. Are we back playing this "who has the balls to post his real name" game when you and Doyle have no real answer to your business incomes? Just admit it, both you and Doyle make nothing despite decades of attempts at MLM, and b-y revealing how much you make will completely go against the hype you are trying to peddle here.

Last time when you tried to play this pathetic who-has-the-balls-to-post-his-real-name game, the conclusion was the clown who started all this "anonymous troll" argument ended up having his name converted to **** ******** A taste of his own "anonymous troll" medicine no less

Oh yeah, and we also never found out if Kerry Lee Hein is really a woman or not.

Prove it, bitch
www.mademypoint.wth

Proof!? You be the judge...

Hope you get those ego challenges squared away. Such ugliness...
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Last edited by ohein56 : 08-02-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
www.kerry*ein.com

Proof!? You be the judge...

Hope you get those ego challenges squared away. Such ugliness...
Such ugliness... I agree with you.

Hmm... sounds like your company is breaking the law b-y paying commissions on new recruits:
Ways to Financial Freedom
There are basically three ways to earn when you become a SendOutCards Distributor.

Leadership Bonuses are earned when a new Distributor in your downline purchases a product package. Starting off, you'll receive $140 every time someone purchases a Wholesale Premium Package and that amount only increases as you rank advance. These commissions are paid weekly.
Explain yourself, scammer

Old 08-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:

Hmm... sounds like your company is breaking the law b-y paying commissions on new recruits:
There are basically three ways to earn when you become a SendOutCards Distributor.
Leadership Bonuses are earned when a new Distributor in your downline purchases a product package. Starting off, you'll receive $140 every time someone purchases a Wholesale Premium Package and that amount only increases as you rank advance. These commissions are paid weekly.
That sounds like the 5linx compensation deal, sign up two downlines and do 20 points, and get 750 $$$!

Old 08-02-2011, 11:47 PM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Quote:

Explain myself?! (Even though you answered your own question...hint hint!)

Also, if you have 'issues' with the SOC comp-plan, I suggest you take them up with SOC, fyst-o.

Considering you're the one that's asking, do your own legwork. TBH, Knowing you, anything I say or respond with would likely be met with hate and insults, regardless...

I'll pass.
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Old 08-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Silver Member

Quote:

What's to explain? You sign someone up, they purchase a product package and you get a big bonus. They aren't paying the bonus for signing someone up. That's a $59 package. If you can squeeze $140 commission out of $59 you might want to swing over to Capitol Hill. They could use your help.

Last edited by GeryD : 08-03-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeryD View Post
What's to explain? You sign someone up, they purchase a product package and you get a big bonus. They aren't paying the bonus for signing someone up. That's a $59 package. If you can squeeze $140 commission out of $59 you might want to swing over to Capitol Hill. They could use your help.
Of course it has to be called a "product package" otherwise it wouldn't have seen the light of day. There's nothing new. But why do they put "new Distributor" there?

Old 08-03-2011, 04:38 PM
I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeryD View Post
Gery D,

Do you think Vitamark's Sizzle card advertisement program could help in this endeavor? Do you use them?

You could toss a couple in the $59 packages and they won't know what hit em'!!!

Of course, I wouldn't suggest "swinging over to capitol hill" with a stack of Sizzle cards because that might result in an embarrassing arrest on your part.

I'm not sure about the commission ratio, but squezzing out Sizzle cards...is a sensitive subject at this point in this discussion.

Here's a good one....
"That's why I changed my 'story'".
Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Old 08-04-2011, 06:04 AM
Silver Member

BoxAlarm,

I am going to give you the same advice I gave you before.

Concentrate on climbing the ladder @ your current job as a Fairfax Co. Firefighter. You can eventually get to six figures that way.

With the shifts you work (and the time it takes from your fam), why would you even think about wasting your time & another cent of your family's $ on an MLM?

Old 08-04-2011, 06:26 AM
Curiosity hasn't killed me yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
That's what I'm finding so far. I'm hoping to be shown otherwise on this forum. I'm trying to keep an open mind, but it's difficult.

Also, I've seen some MLM companies ask people what they drive, what's their dream car, etc. Rich people don't concern themselves with these type of depreciating material assests, at least until they attain true wealth. I just bought a large home for pennies on the dollar with a short sale, which I will sell for a large profit when I retire and move in 25 years. I will pay 20% towards my retirement home, invest the rest, and use income from that 80% to pay the mortgage. My fire department has a pension and a three year DROP, which is where you retire, collect your pension in deferred comp, and still continue to work. If I don't have rental property before I retire, I'll use the DROP money and leftover money from the aforementioned 80% to buy one or several rental properties. I invested in Vanguard's intermediate term bond index from early 2009 until late 2010, earned 11% on it, and used that toward the 3.5% FHA down payment. Better risk/reward that keeping the money in the bank or a MMA, I would think. Being a bond index, it could have lost a little, but I would still have enough for a down payment regardless. I was able to have a deck built with the investment returm.

That's the kind of things that the wealthy and those who will become wealthy will concern themselves with, not cars, "bling-bling," expensive clothes, etc. As such, MLM seems to be mainly marketed towards those of lower socio-economic status. I don't see too many get wealthy off of MLM, only a few here and there. 5linx says that Russell Simmons, Dominique Wilkins, and others are representatives now. It's not clear if thy're distributors or just being compensated to promote Globalinx/5linx, though. I suspect the latter.
I too understand that it is not the get-rich-quick schemes that will make a person wealthy, if that is what he wants, but a combination of things. I invest in my 401(k), my husband has 401(k) and pension with his job, plus we have stock investments. We also have a rental property and do "handyman" work on the side. Both of us make good incomes with our jobs, and although right now are paying off debts (left from my first marriage), we are comfortable and enjoy our lifestyles. On the other hand, my ex husband, who has never been one to save money, always been behind on bills (hence all the debts left over in MY name because his credit was shot), and uses others to basically survive (living at his girlfriend's house rent free and has her paying his cell phone bill because he's "broke" from paying child support LOL) Anyway, he got into one of those MLMs with the dream car and the overprice diet shakes and the cult mentality. He has his fancy car and has gone on his fancy get away seminar/vacations - but I don't think he's getting wealthy as he is currently petitioning the court to reduce his child support amount because of his "low income". He got fired from his full time job because he was neglecting it ** spending more time on this MLM and now finds himself hard pressed to find a job, so the MLM IS his job. He has no retirement plan, no health insurance, no credit, etc. He is the perfect target for these MLMs - someone who is looking for something that promises to make them a millionaire overnight.

I would like to find something that I can have as a supplemental income, even if it's just a couple hundred extra a month, with good products reasonably priced and without me having to hassle everyone I come in contact with to become a distributor with me.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:50 AM
Silver Member

There are some MLM's with competitively priced products.

Look at Lightyear Wireless. Their core product is wireless and they offer an unlimited everything plan for $59.99 per month. It's Sprint's network but Lightyear is selling the service and billing the customer.

It's $59/month ($64 with taxes and fees) for unlimited talk (to any phone - cell or land-line), unlimited text, and true unlimited data (no caps). There are no credit checks and no contracts.

Lightyear offers some very good Android phones and reasonable prices (remember there is no contract so you're just paying upfront for the phone). They also have some basic phones that you can get for just $9.99.

The activation fee is $29 to become a customer (Verizon charges $39).

So when you look at it this service is very competitive. Verizon and AT&T both charge over $130 per month for the same type of service and they are going to make you sign a contract and they both cap your data. Sprint is a little better but they only allow unlimited calling to other wireless phones. You pay more for being able to call land-lines too. T-Mobile is okay but they put a tremendously low cap on your data.

That means Lightyear is lower than Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile.

Lightyear also has a CUSTOMER referral program where customers can refer 5 customer to a distributor and they can earn $60 in credits to apply to their wireless account (hence free wireless). The customer just has to pay the $4 in taxes and regulatory fees. Seems pretty competitive to me.

Yes, there are companies like Straightalk (WalMart) where you can get it less but they certainly don't have the smartphones that Lightyear offers. Then there's always MetroPCS (YUCK) and Cricket (Double YUCK)! Their service quality is poor.

Lightyear could easily save 250 million people money on their wireless bill (the number of customers that have AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile). That is a majority of this country so to me they appear pretty darn competitive.

Old 08-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Of course it has to be called a "product package" otherwise it wouldn't have seen the light of day. There's nothing new. But why do they put "new Distributor" there?
It's called a product package because it's products. They don't have to buy it to be compensated for sales later on. It says "New distributor" AND that package Because if you sign up a new rep and they buy some other package you don't get $140 Leadership Bonus. If you sign them up as a rep and and have them understand right away the best way to build a business and the value of being able to present the nicest products out there at a less expensive rate to encourage sales you are given EXTRA compensation for your leadership skills.

Old 08-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Darkness Shines on Pyramids

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRedd515 View Post
I too understand that it is not the get-rich-quick schemes that will make a person wealthy, if that is what he wants, but a combination of things. I invest in my 401(k), my husband has 401(k) and pension with his job, plus we have stock investments. We also have a rental property and do "handyman" work on the side. Both of us make good incomes with our jobs, and although right now are paying off debts (left from my first marriage), we are comfortable and enjoy our lifestyles. On the other hand, my ex husband, who has never been one to save money, always been behind on bills (hence all the debts left over in MY name because his credit was shot), and uses others to basically survive (living at his girlfriend's house rent free and has her paying his cell phone bill because he's "broke" from paying child support LOL) Anyway, he got into one of those MLMs with the dream car and the overprice diet shakes and the cult mentality. He has his fancy car and has gone on his fancy get away seminar/vacations - but I don't think he's getting wealthy as he is currently petitioning the court to reduce his child support amount because of his "low income". He got fired from his full time job because he was neglecting it ** spending more time on this MLM and now finds himself hard pressed to find a job, so the MLM IS his job. He has no retirement plan, no health insurance, no credit, etc. He is the perfect target for these MLMs - someone who is looking for something that promises to make them a millionaire overnight.

I would like to find something that I can have as a supplemental income, even if it's just a couple hundred extra a month, with good products reasonably priced and without me having to hassle everyone I come in contact with to become a distributor with me.
You write about the typical MLM story with your ex-husband and then you finish with wanting to join one.

You don't want to ask everyone you come in contact with but who then will you sell to?

It is my opinion that it doesn't matter one bit whether products are competitively priced, good or crappy. It's the system that stinks.

With MLM, the distributor IS the customer for the company owner who calls you a "business owner" instead of a "customer".

Also, the guy above talking about Lightyear. So maybe it's $10 cheaper to sign up, but do you think that an individual can compete with the advertising and mass marketing that Verizon and Wal-mart have? Of course not. Simply put it is, at best, almost impossible to make it. I believe the numbers are 99% don't make money in MLM. Again, not about the product, which company you work for, etc. etc., it's just that the system sucks. It will be human nature for someone to pick up a product when they are at the grocery store or where ever. It is only the one in the business, the distributor, who will make the extra effort to order from the company. Hence, he is really the customer for the company. And not only is he the "customer", he is also a worker/advertiser doing it on his dime. I'm sure the MLM owner is laughing all the way to the bank - Genius really.

So you might get dribs and drabs from people who like something and/or feel sorry for you, but is that enough to be worth all your time and effort. People will get bored with what you're selling or find it cheaper elsewhere like Sams.

Maybe you're considering Mary Kay or similar? Well my neighbor can try to sell it to me for retail to make her profit, or I can go to ebay and buy all the ex-consultants crap for quite cheap. Btw, I don't use it as that was just an example.

Your friends will probably start avoiding you for fear that you are going to try to sell them something.

Anyway, if you don't want to be like your ex, don't bother with MLM because it is what it is.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannybeingmanny View Post
There are some MLM's with competitively priced products.

Look at Lightyear Wireless. Their core product is wireless and they offer an unlimited everything plan for $59.99 per month. It's Sprint's network but Lightyear is selling the service and billing the customer.

It's $59/month ($64 with taxes and fees) for unlimited talk (to any phone - cell or land-line), unlimited text, and true unlimited data (no caps). There are no credit checks and no contracts.

Lightyear offers some very good Android phones and reasonable prices (remember there is no contract so you're just paying upfront for the phone). They also have some basic phones that you can get for just $9.99.

The activation fee is $29 to become a customer (Verizon charges $39).

So when you look at it this service is very competitive. Verizon and AT&T both charge over $130 per month for the same type of service and they are going to make you sign a contract and they both cap your data. Sprint is a little better but they only allow unlimited calling to other wireless phones. You pay more for being able to call land-lines too. T-Mobile is okay but they put a tremendously low cap on your data.

That means Lightyear is lower than Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile.

Lightyear also has a CUSTOMER referral program where customers can refer 5 customer to a distributor and they can earn $60 in credits to apply to their wireless account (hence free wireless). The customer just has to pay the $4 in taxes and regulatory fees. Seems pretty competitive to me.

Yes, there are companies like Straightalk (WalMart) where you can get it less but they certainly don't have the smartphones that Lightyear offers. Then there's always MetroPCS (YUCK) and Cricket (Double YUCK)! Their service quality is poor.

Lightyear could easily save 250 million people money on their wireless bill (the number of customers that have AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, and T-Mobile). That is a majority of this country so to me they appear pretty darn competitive.

You forgot to mention what a poor selection of phones LY has. It's fine if you like reconditioned phones and a few of yesterdays Blackberries.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:12 PM

That's definitely me!!

I could care less for all the latest techno widgets and gidgets and can't STAND all the fees associated with them.

Give me a straight forward phone any day.

Used a Samsung Knack until recently when I had to upgrade because it died on me (was a due a free upgrade anyway). My new phone's just as simple as the old one. The way I like it. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodaattone View Post
It's fine if you like reconditioned phones and a few of yesterdays Blackberries.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
Much better to talk to the business minded for a number of reasons. One they understand the business model, two they have the resources to make a go of it, three they have the skill sets required...and many are looking for another one.that would be wrong...the most successful people I know in MLM have multiple brick and mortar businesses.If one is familiar with finance and feels they've been duped...something is amiss.No, some MLMs sell what you perceive to be crap. I wouldn't want to work with someone who doesn't do their due dilgence. How much do you normally pay for toothpaste? Do you like sodium laurel sulfate...do you like putting something in your mouth with "Warning DO NOT SWALLOW" Can you believe the instructions say put on an amount the size of a pea??
Let me help you out there.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodaattone View Post

You forgot to mention what a poor selection of phones LY has. It's fine if you like reconditioned phones and a few of yesterdays Blackberries.
Perhaps you should look again!

Current phones listed:

Samsung Transform 920 ID Android - Brand NEW

Kyocera Zio 8600 ID Android - Brand NEW

HTC Hero - Brand NEW

Sanyo Taho 4100 - Brand NEW

LG Optimus 670 ID Android - Brand NEW

LG Rumor Touch 510 - Brand NEW

Samsung M360 - Brand NEW

BB 8330 Gray Certified Pre-Owned

LG 225 Certified Pre-Owned

That's 9 phones and 7 are brand new - with multiple Android Smartphones to choose from.

Maybe next time you should look before you say something like that?