report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-08-2011, 11:41 PM
walksthedogs's Avatar
walksthedogs walksthedogs is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Location Location!
Posts: 532
MLM Growth Trends

MLM Growth Trends.

From what I've read lately, MLM is becoming more and more popular.
I'm looking for more links that discuss this trend.

.
__________________
"Wag more, bark less."

"How wrong is it for a woman to expect a man to build the world she wants,
rather than to create it herself."



.


Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 06-09-2011, 12:05 AM
ChrisDoyle's Avatar
ChrisDoyle ChrisDoyle is offline
Most Valued Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,730
Re: MLM Growth Trends

Quote:
Originally Posted by walksthedogs View Post
MLM Growth Trends.

From what I've read lately, MLM is becoming more and more popular.
I'm looking for more links that discuss this trend.

.

Good subject wtd.....I'm going to be busy today away from the pc at times, but I'll do some looking and post anything I find.
__________________
The musings of joecool44:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.



Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 06-09-2011, 01:10 AM
BuffBluff's Avatar
BuffBluff BuffBluff is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 332
Re: MLM Growth Trends

I'd say MLM will become regulated in law within the coming 10 years. This will be good for the industry (the few honest MLM-networks) as such but we could see a whole lot of MLM-networks getting banned and collapsing from this. I would think this law would be a franchise-light approach where the networks will be forced to supply more to their members then they do today and perhaps limiting membership fees in a way that make it impossible for the MLM's to have a forced auto ship for someone to receive bonuses.
__________________
"This thread is as much of a failure as you are at MLM."

MLM explained

Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 06-09-2011, 01:14 AM
ChrisDoyle's Avatar
ChrisDoyle ChrisDoyle is offline
Most Valued Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,730
Re: MLM Growth Trends

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffBluff View Post
I'd say MLM will become regulated in law within the coming 10 years. This will be good for the industry (the few honest MLM-networks) as such but we could see a whole lot of MLM-networks getting banned and collapsing from this. I would think this law would be a franchise-light approach where the networks will be forced to supply more to their members then they do today and perhaps limiting membership fees in a way that make it impossible for the MLM's to have a forced auto ship for someone to receive bonuses.
You mean MLMs are not regulated now??
__________________
The musings of joecool44:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 06-09-2011, 01:18 AM
BuffBluff's Avatar
BuffBluff BuffBluff is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 332
Re: MLM Growth Trends

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
You mean MLMs are not regulated now??
Not like other businesses are, the reason why there are so many fishy MLM's come from the fact that the law has overlooked these for a while. You can more or less enter any agreement with a distributor which isn't possible for franchising. I would also expect the $500-rule to receive a revision where the total purchases/fees/products/etc count toward this making auto ship less appealing to an MLM that has the Ponzi/Pyramid setup.
__________________
"This thread is as much of a failure as you are at MLM."

MLM explained

Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 06-09-2011, 02:09 AM
ChrisDoyle's Avatar
ChrisDoyle ChrisDoyle is offline
Most Valued Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,730
Re: MLM Growth Trends

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffBluff View Post
Not like other businesses are, the reason why there are so many fishy MLM's come from the fact that the law has overlooked these for a while. You can more or less enter any agreement with a distributor which isn't possible for franchising. I would also expect the $500-rule to receive a revision where the total purchases/fees/products/etc count toward this making auto ship less appealing to an MLM that has the Ponzi/Pyramid setup.

This has all been looked at a couple of years ago and most of the silly rules and regulations proposed were turned down. And rightly so. Sorry.... back to the drawing board for you.

Now, can we keep this thread on subject, which is.... MLM Growth Trends.
__________________
The musings of joecool44:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 06-09-2011, 02:32 AM
James R's Avatar
James R James R is offline
I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,595
Re: MLM Growth Trends

I found this mlm growth trend illustration below. It seems to be pretty much the same as it has always been.

Has anybody discovered some unknown secret?

__________________
Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.


Here's a good one....
"That's why I changed my 'story'".
Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 06-09-2011, 03:10 AM
needs2stop's Avatar
needs2stop needs2stop is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,630
Re: MLM Growth Trends

An animated version of the above image would better illustrate MLM growth patterns. I'll try to describe it. The people would be colored in gradients between red and green. Red means they lost money, and green means they made money. The people at the top would be bright green, and all the ones at the bottom would be red. Then, the people at the bottom would be continually disappearing and then new people would replace them. Any MLM graphic has to illustrate the turnover at the bottom of the pyramid, as well as the profits and losses incurred by it's participants.
__________________
There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 06-09-2011, 06:30 AM
ohein56's Avatar
ohein56 ohein56 is offline
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern, California
Posts: 13,182
Re: MLM Growth Trends

Quote:
Originally Posted by walksthedogs View Post
MLM Growth Trends.

From what I've read lately, MLM is becoming more and more popular.
I'm looking for more links that discuss this trend.

.
Great question!

There's only one or two places I go to grab insights in that area!

Click Here!

Hope that helps...
__________________
If everyone is thinking alike, then no one is thinking.
― Benjamin Franklin
Armed neutrality makes it much easier to detect hypocrisy.
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 06-09-2011, 07:36 AM
ohein56's Avatar
ohein56 ohein56 is offline
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern, California
Posts: 13,182
Re: MLM Growth Trends

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffBluff View Post
I'd say MLM will become regulated in law within the coming 10 years.
What makes you say that? It is already regulated now?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffBluff View Post
This will be good for the industry (the few honest MLM-networks) as such but we could see a whole lot of MLM-networks getting banned and collapsing from this.
Please explain... collapsing from what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffBluff View Post
I would think this law would be a franchise-light approach where the networks will be forced to supply more to their members then they do today
What do you mean? Forced to supply more of what, exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffBluff View Post
and perhaps limiting membership fees in a way that make it impossible for the MLM's to have a forced auto ship for someone to receive bonuses.
I'm not sure, but I don't think you know what auto-ship is for, and or how it actually works?! It's RARELY "required" to earn.

As usual, for MLM at least, you're in over your head bluff-o!
__________________
If everyone is thinking alike, then no one is thinking.
― Benjamin Franklin
Armed neutrality makes it much easier to detect hypocrisy.
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 06-09-2011, 07:44 AM
ohein56's Avatar
ohein56 ohein56 is offline
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern, California
Posts: 13,182
Re: MLM Growth Trends

Quote:
Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
An animated version of the above image would better illustrate MLM growth patterns. I'll try to describe it. The people would be colored in gradients between red and green. Red means they lost money, and green means they made money. The people at the top would be bright green, and all the ones at the bottom would be red. Then, the people at the bottom would be continually disappearing and then new people would replace them. Any MLM graphic has to illustrate the turnover at the bottom of the pyramid, as well as the profits and losses incurred by it's participants
Please let us know when you get all of that hard, unattainable data together from all of those individuals. The world awaits with bated breath!

Now, if you could just find some way to get to the mystery of how much time and effort goes into each business individually before failure or success, you just might have some data that's really worth something there!

Let us know...good luck!

Kerry
__________________
If everyone is thinking alike, then no one is thinking.
― Benjamin Franklin
Armed neutrality makes it much easier to detect hypocrisy.
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 06-09-2011, 08:47 AM
James R's Avatar
James R James R is offline
I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,595
Re: MLM Growth Trends

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
I'm not sure, but I don't think you know what auto-ship is for, and or how it actually works?! It's RARELY "required" to earn.
BBBBWWWAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 06-09-2011, 09:56 AM
needs2stop's Avatar
needs2stop needs2stop is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,630
Re: MLM Growth Trends

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
Please let us know when you get all of that hard, unattainable data together from all of those individuals. The world awaits with bated breath!

Now, if you could just find some way to get to the mystery of how much time and effort goes into each business individually before failure or success, you just might have some data that's really worth something there!

Let us know...good luck!

Kerry
What information? What individuals? All I was talking about was making a relevant graphic illustration. What on earth are you talking about?
__________________
There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 06-09-2011, 10:51 AM
needs2stop's Avatar
needs2stop needs2stop is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,630
Re: MLM Growth Trends

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
relevant? relevant?
If you say it one more time Beetlejuice will pop out!
__________________
There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 06-09-2011, 11:00 AM
ohein56's Avatar
ohein56 ohein56 is offline
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern, California
Posts: 13,182
Re: MLM Growth Trends

Quote:
Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
What information? What individuals? All I was talking about was making a relevant graphic illustration. What on earth are you talking about?
You replied above, with the following...I think you were trying to make a point about turnover in an MLM. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needs2stop
An animated version of the above image would better illustrate MLM growth patterns. I'll try to describe it. The people would be colored in gradients between red and green. Red means they lost money, and green means they made money. The people at the top would be bright green, and all the ones at the bottom would be red. Then, the people at the bottom would be continually disappearing and then new people would replace them. Any MLM graphic has to illustrate the turnover at the bottom of the pyramid, as well as the profits and losses incurred by it's participants
You're talking about people, distributors in an MLM, not a pyramid scheme.

Without hard data, your "theory" about turnover & why people do or don't do something in DS, it's all just guesswork based on your negative opinion of MLM in general, and an oversimplified math idea, isn't it?

Also, in a legit MLM, people are buying products and services that they love to use and recommend (at least, they SHOULD BE!!!), so how do "all of them lose money", if all they wanted to do is get access to wholesale in the first place?! Are they really ALL losers?!

Not even the Income Disclosures posted here don't answer all of those little details, but you seem to have it ALL figured out. Or was that description of the "illustration" just your guesswork?

That's what I was talking about?!
__________________
If everyone is thinking alike, then no one is thinking.
― Benjamin Franklin
Armed neutrality makes it much easier to detect hypocrisy.
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here


Last edited by ohein56 : 06-09-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 06-09-2011, 11:12 AM
needs2stop's Avatar
needs2stop needs2stop is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,630
Re: MLM Growth Trends

The "guesswork" you are referring to ohein56 is just simplification for the sake of brevity and the ease of argumentation.

I'm not going to research every little detail and provide links and stats in order to make a basic point that has been proved and reiterated a million times already, on this forum and others.

You cling to these one-off instances of people who join MLM just to make $60/mo or to receive discounts on products, but that is such a small segment of MLMrs that its not even worth taking into account for the sake of the discussion.

I agree that some MLMrs use the products, appreciate their value, and are happy customers. But my point is that they would be that way without the MLM. The fact that they are in MLM just means that they are eventually going to have to recruit someone else, or lose money. Or the one-off instance where they are in the MLM with no intention of making any money and just buy products wholesale that they could by at Sam's Club wholesale for the same price--which only further illustrates the pointlessness of MLM.
__________________
There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 06-09-2011, 11:36 AM
ohein56's Avatar
ohein56 ohein56 is offline
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern, California
Posts: 13,182
Re: MLM Growth Trends

Quote:
Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
The "guesswork" you are referring to ohein56 is just simplification for the sake of brevity and the ease of argumentation.

I'm not going to research every little detail and provide links and stats in order to make a basic point that has been proved and reiterated a million times already, on this forum and others.

You cling to these one-off instances of people who join MLM just to make $60/mo or to receive discounts on products, but that is such a small segment of MLMrs that its not even worth taking into account for the sake of the discussion.

I agree that some MLMrs use the products, appreciate their value, and are happy customers. But my point is that they would be that way without the MLM. The fact that they are in MLM just means that they are eventually going to have to recruit someone else, or lose money. Or the one-off instance where they are in the MLM with no intention of making any money and just buy products wholesale that they could by at Sam's Club wholesale for the same price--which only further illustrates the pointlessness of MLM.
Sorry, but your just wrong wrong wrong...on many different levels!

Quote:
All you see in your world is the outcome of your idea about it.

~ Neale Donald Walsch
Time for a big shift in your paradigm. Sorry.

Quote:
To create a new business that makes
money, and more significantly, employs
others, and more significantly, gives a
product to a customer that improves their
life, is our greatest challenge, our greatest
opportunity, and the greatest gift, far
greater than any charity that we can give
our fellow person.

~ Paul Zane Pilzer: Economist, Entrepreneur
__________________
If everyone is thinking alike, then no one is thinking.
― Benjamin Franklin
Armed neutrality makes it much easier to detect hypocrisy.
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 06-09-2011, 02:37 PM
GeryD GeryD is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Garland (Dallas Cty.) TX
Posts: 315
Re: MLM Growth Trends

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffBluff View Post
I would also expect the $500-rule to receive a revision where the total purchases/fees/products/etc count toward this making auto ship less appealing to an MLM that has the Ponzi/Pyramid setup.
Bodhi, you make no sense here. If a Ponzi/Pyramid posing as an MLM it is illegal. Why would they regulate a $500 rule to make something illegal less appealing when they should be closing it down?
__________________
"The Argument from Intimidation is a confession of intellectual impotence. ~Ayn Rand


Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is Market trends a scam? J-Jon Mail Order Scams 5 03-18-2014 09:30 AM
Controlled Growth in MLM - Is is Possible? yodaattone MLM Scams 77 01-02-2011 04:19 PM
Early-voting trends appear to favor Barack Obama sojustask Political Chat 3 10-25-2008 02:23 PM
Prefect Health Trends Network .... hmmmm Big Steelers Fan MLM Scams 0 11-05-2007 03:59 PM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the Userís own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.