report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2011, 11:41 PM

MLM Growth Trends

MLM Growth Trends.

From what I've read lately, MLM is becoming more and more popular.
I'm looking for more links that discuss this trend.

"How wrong is it for a woman to expect a man to build the world she wants,
rather than to create it herself."

Old 06-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Most Valued Platinum Member

Re: MLM Growth Trends

Quote:
Originally Posted by walksthedogs View Post
MLM Growth Trends.

Good subject wtd.....I'm going to be busy today away from the pc at times, but I'll do some looking and post anything I find.
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:10 AM
Silver Member

I'd say MLM will become regulated in law within the coming 10 years. This will be good for the industry (the few honest MLM-networks) as such but we could see a whole lot of MLM-networks getting banned and collapsing from this. I would think this law would be a franchise-light approach where the networks will be forced to supply more to their members then they do today and perhaps limiting membership fees in a way that make it impossible for the MLM's to have a forced auto ship for someone to receive bonuses.

MLM explained

Old 06-09-2011, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffBluff View Post
I'd say MLM will become regulated in law within the coming 10 years. This will be good for the industry (the few honest MLM-networks) as such but we could see a whole lot of MLM-networks getting banned and collapsing from this. I would think this law would be a franchise-light approach where the networks will be forced to supply more to their members then they do today and perhaps limiting membership fees in a way that make it impossible for the MLM's to have a forced auto ship for someone to receive bonuses.
You mean MLMs are not regulated now??
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:18 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
You mean MLMs are not regulated now??
Not like other businesses are, the reason why there are so many fishy MLM's come from the fact that the law has overlooked these for a while. You can more or less enter any agreement with a distributor which isn't possible for franchising. I would also expect the $500-rule to receive a revision where the total purchases/fees/products/etc count toward this making auto ship less appealing to an MLM that has the Ponzi/Pyramid setup.

MLM explained

Old 06-09-2011, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Not like other businesses are, the reason why there are so many fishy MLM's come from the fact that the law has overlooked these for a while. You can more or less enter any agreement with a distributor which isn't possible for franchising. I would also expect the $500-rule to receive a revision where the total purchases/fees/products/etc count toward this making auto ship less appealing to an MLM that has the Ponzi/Pyramid setup.

This has all been looked at a couple of years ago and most of the silly rules and regulations proposed were turned down. And rightly so. Sorry.... back to the drawing board for you.

Now, can we keep this thread on subject, which is.... MLM Growth Trends.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-09-2011, 02:32 AM
I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!

I found this mlm growth trend illustration below. It seems to be pretty much the same as it has always been.

Has anybody discovered some unknown secret?

Here's a good one....
"That's why I changed my 'story'".
Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Old 06-09-2011, 03:10 AM
Platinum Member

An animated version of the above image would better illustrate MLM growth patterns. I'll try to describe it. The people would be colored in gradients between red and green. Red means they lost money, and green means they made money. The people at the top would be bright green, and all the ones at the bottom would be red. Then, the people at the bottom would be continually disappearing and then new people would replace them. Any MLM graphic has to illustrate the turnover at the bottom of the pyramid, as well as the profits and losses incurred by it's participants.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:30 AM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by walksthedogs View Post
MLM Growth Trends.

Great question!

There's only one or two places I go to grab insights in that area!

Click Here!

Hope that helps...
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Old 06-09-2011, 07:36 AM

Quote:
I'd say MLM will become regulated in law within the coming 10 years.
What makes you say that? It is already regulated now?!

Quote:
This will be good for the industry (the few honest MLM-networks) as such but we could see a whole lot of MLM-networks getting banned and collapsing from this.
Please explain... collapsing from what?

Quote:
I would think this law would be a franchise-light approach where the networks will be forced to supply more to their members then they do today
What do you mean? Forced to supply more of what, exactly?

Quote:
and perhaps limiting membership fees in a way that make it impossible for the MLM's to have a forced auto ship for someone to receive bonuses.
I'm not sure, but I don't think you know what auto-ship is for, and or how it actually works?! It's RARELY "required" to earn.

As usual, for MLM at least, you're in over your head bluff-o!
― Criss Jami
Click Here!

Old 06-09-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
An animated version of the above image would better illustrate MLM growth patterns. I'll try to describe it. The people would be colored in gradients between red and green. Red means they lost money, and green means they made money. The people at the top would be bright green, and all the ones at the bottom would be red. Then, the people at the bottom would be continually disappearing and then new people would replace them. Any MLM graphic has to illustrate the turnover at the bottom of the pyramid, as well as the profits and losses incurred by it's participants
Please let us know when you get all of that hard, unattainable data together from all of those individuals. The world awaits with bated breath!

Now, if you could just find some way to get to the mystery of how much time and effort goes into each business individually before failure or success, you just might have some data that's really worth something there!

Let us know...good luck!

Kerry
― Criss Jami
Click Here!

Old 06-09-2011, 08:47 AM
I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
I'm not sure, but I don't think you know what auto-ship is for, and or how it actually works?! It's RARELY "required" to earn.
BBBBWWWAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Old 06-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
Please let us know when you get all of that hard, unattainable data together from all of those individuals. The world awaits with bated breath!

Now, if you could just find some way to get to the mystery of how much time and effort goes into each business individually before failure or success, you just might have some data that's really worth something there!

Let us know...good luck!

Kerry
What information? What individuals? All I was talking about was making a relevant graphic illustration. What on earth are you talking about?

Old 06-09-2011, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
relevant? relevant?
If you say it one more time Beetlejuice will pop out!

Old 06-09-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
What information? What individuals? All I was talking about was making a relevant graphic illustration. What on earth are you talking about?
You replied above, with the following...I think you were trying to make a point about turnover in an MLM. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by needs2stop
An animated version of the above image would better illustrate MLM growth patterns. I'll try to describe it. The people would be colored in gradients between red and green. Red means they lost money, and green means they made money. The people at the top would be bright green, and all the ones at the bottom would be red. Then, the people at the bottom would be continually disappearing and then new people would replace them. Any MLM graphic has to illustrate the turnover at the bottom of the pyramid, as well as the profits and losses incurred by it's participants
You're talking about people, distributors in an MLM, not a pyramid scheme.

Without hard data, your "theory" about turnover & why people do or don't do something in DS, it's all just guesswork based on your negative opinion of MLM in general, and an oversimplified math idea, isn't it?

Also, in a legit MLM, people are buying products and services that they love to use and recommend (at least, they SHOULD BE!!!), so how do "all of them lose money", if all they wanted to do is get access to wholesale in the first place?! Are they really ALL losers?!

Not even the Income Disclosures posted here don't answer all of those little details, but you seem to have it ALL figured out. Or was that description of the "illustration" just your guesswork?

That's what I was talking about?!
― Criss Jami
Click Here!

Last edited by ohein56 : 06-09-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Platinum Member

The "guesswork" you are referring to ohein56 is just simplification for the sake of brevity and the ease of argumentation.

I'm not going to research every little detail and provide links and stats in order to make a basic point that has been proved and reiterated a million times already, on this forum and others.

You cling to these one-off instances of people who join MLM just to make $60/mo or to receive discounts on products, but that is such a small segment of MLMrs that its not even worth taking into account for the sake of the discussion.

I agree that some MLMrs use the products, appreciate their value, and are happy customers. But my point is that they would be that way without the MLM. The fact that they are in MLM just means that they are eventually going to have to recruit someone else, or lose money. Or the one-off instance where they are in the MLM with no intention of making any money and just buy products wholesale that they could by at Sam's Club wholesale for the same price--which only further illustrates the pointlessness of MLM.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
The "guesswork" you are referring to ohein56 is just simplification for the sake of brevity and the ease of argumentation.

I'm not going to research every little detail and provide links and stats in order to make a basic point that has been proved and reiterated a million times already, on this forum and others.

You cling to these one-off instances of people who join MLM just to make $60/mo or to receive discounts on products, but that is such a small segment of MLMrs that its not even worth taking into account for the sake of the discussion.

I agree that some MLMrs use the products, appreciate their value, and are happy customers. But my point is that they would be that way without the MLM. The fact that they are in MLM just means that they are eventually going to have to recruit someone else, or lose money. Or the one-off instance where they are in the MLM with no intention of making any money and just buy products wholesale that they could by at Sam's Club wholesale for the same price--which only further illustrates the pointlessness of MLM.
Sorry, but your just wrong wrong wrong...on many different levels!

Quote:
All you see in your world is the outcome of your idea about it.

~ Neale Donald Walsch
Time for a big shift in your paradigm. Sorry.

Quote:
To create a new business that makes
money, and more significantly, employs
others, and more significantly, gives a
product to a customer that improves their
life, is our greatest challenge, our greatest
opportunity, and the greatest gift, far
greater than any charity that we can give
our fellow person.

~ Paul Zane Pilzer: Economist, Entrepreneur
― Criss Jami
Click Here!

Old 06-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
I would also expect the $500-rule to receive a revision where the total purchases/fees/products/etc count toward this making auto ship less appealing to an MLM that has the Ponzi/Pyramid setup.
Bodhi, you make no sense here. If a Ponzi/Pyramid posing as an MLM it is illegal. Why would they regulate a $500 rule to make something illegal less appealing when they should be closing it down?