report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2011, 06:27 AM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Re: Top 400 MLM Earners

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
I do not defend scams. I am here to defend a legitimate enterprise called Network Marketing or Multi-level Marketing, against the lies, and innuendo perpetrated by folks here.

I think pyramid and ponzi schemes are abhorent and the operators should be prosecuted.
I'll second that one as well!
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Old 06-09-2011, 07:14 AM
Most Valued Platinum Member

And I'll third it.
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
I do not defend scams. I am here to defend a legitimate enterprise called Network Marketing or Multi-level Marketing, against the lies, and innuendo perpetrated by folks here.
I think pyramid and ponzi schemes are abhorent and the operators should be prosecuted.
Just because something is technically legal in your country at the moment does not mean it is not a scam or even a legitimate 'enterprise'.

If even 50% of your affiliates in your MLM scams were successful and made a living at it you could make a valid argument. But that is not even remotely the case.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:24 AM

This is the Amway Decision from 1979, after the FTC tried to prove that the MLM compensation plan they were using was an illegal scam. The decision was made in the courts that it wasnt illegal or a scam, and it mentions nothing about being ''technically legal''.

LINK HERE
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:28 AM
Platinum Member

And when we discussed Greenzap on this site the ardent defenders of MLM cried foul - claiming that it was a legit MLM...and how dare we attack it. They had a local san diego newspaper write a story about how they were under attack by bloggers.... There were over 100,000 members, how could it possibly be a scam..

And now the MLM was shut down, the founder is in jail with a 1 million dollar bond charged with 52 fellonies...

Then there was YTB.... It was publically traded, it had over 100,000 members - it was one of the top 25 travel sellers in the country, it was a member of the DSA, it had all sorts of partnerships... It just couldn't possibly be scam... All the people that questioned it were haters...

I think they dropped from 160k members when there were sued in California, and IL down to about 30k users... There are still around but they sell lotions and potions on some online mall now....

Then there was My Harvest America- mail order groceries... It just didn't make sense, it was too expensive to ship... All the members posted these glowing testimonials... Of course its gone.

There was the eco fuel company - that had a fuel additive - it must be legit - come to find out it was basically the chemical in moth balls...and its shut down.

Now there is another fuel compay on here with glowing testimonials of how people are gettting 20-30% better fuel economy which is utter crap.....

There are ardent defenders of everything on this board... they cry foul when anyone attackes their MLm -but they disapear when its gone...

Old 06-09-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
Just because something is technically legal in your country at the moment does not mean it is not a scam or even a legitimate 'enterprise'.
too effin funny!

Read the following very s-l-o-w-l-y...

Something that's "technically legal", means that it's legal/legitimate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
If even 50% of your affiliates in your MLM scams were successful and made a living at it you could make a valid argument. But that is not even remotely the case.
What does any of that have to do with a business being "legitimate" or not?

What country/planet are you from?!

Just wonderin...
― Criss Jami
Click Here!

Old 06-09-2011, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
And when we discussed Greenzap on this site the ardent defenders of MLM cried foul - claiming that it was a legit MLM...and how dare we attack it.
Just to be clear...I consider myself to be one of the "ardent defenders of MLM" "legit" MLM..., ...just to be clear, I NEVER, NOT even once!, endorsed or defended GreenZap, YTB, ASD, MyHarvestAmerica, nor ANY fuel additive deal-e-o ever! Not once!

Just to be clear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
There are ardent defenders of everything on this board... they cry foul when anyone attackes their MLm -but they disapear when its gone...
Yep, weird phenomenon, huh? It's called, embarrassed!
― Criss Jami
Click Here!

Old 06-09-2011, 08:59 AM

What you people have a problem with (and I mean you anti MLM zealots) is that you cant separate ''the MLM compensation plan'' from ''the company''.

''MLM'' is just a way of compensating distributors. To say that MLM is a scam is illogical, as the MLM compensation plan has been decided in court in 1979 to be perfectly legal.

Where the problem lies is with the company itself. The compensation plan is not the scam, the individual company is. It might be making illegal income claims, illegal product claims; it may be refusing to pay bonuses to distributors; it may be terminating distributors for no good reason etc.......

To say that all MLMs are scams only goes to show your lack of understanding of the subject. Any MLM company found to be a scam and subsequently shut down, will have been shut down not because of the MLM compensation plan, but one of the reasons above.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Platinum Member

The problem I see - is that YTB would have never been shut down if they hadn't been publically traded and forced to post details about their income.

They could have just claimed that they were selling hundreds of millions of travel and would have never been in trouble.

To me - there are very similary to other MLMs on here that we just can't get the info on.

For example ACN. You make 1% of our sales until you pass a certain threshold... A guy off the street can be an affillaite for a dish program and make about $100 a sale - but pay $500 and join ACN (plus $150 a year) and you get about 40 cents a month for selling a dish package.

I can't get the actual financials - but it sure looks like most of the revenue comes from membership fees, not from selling anything.. They get aound those pesky MLM laws by being privately held - but I think their just like YTB - except their can hide the numbers....

Old 06-09-2011, 11:06 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
too effin funny!

Just because something is legal doesn't mean it is ethical or that it isn't a scam.

Do you think taking advantage of somebody who is mentally handicapped and getting them to give you all of their money is legitimate? Because it is 'technically legal'.

I guess to you anything is moral as long as you can get away with it.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:13 AM
Band

Quote:
too effin funny!

Wow, you don't get even the simplest of points. I thought about explaining his point further, but it's pointless.

Yeah, keep thinking that anything that is legal is perfectly legitimate. Murder was completely legit until the first law made it illegal. Leave it to an MLMer to not be able to separate ethics from legality.
I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:16 AM
Band

Quote:
Just to be clear...I consider myself to be one of the "ardent defenders of MLM" "legit" MLM..., ...just to be clear, I NEVER, NOT even once!, endorsed or defended GreenZap, YTB, ASD, MyHarvestAmerica, nor ANY fuel additive deal-e-o ever! Not once!
Yeah, you didn't defend YTB, you joined them.
I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes View Post
Wow, you don't get even the simplest of points. I thought about explaining his point further, but it's pointless.

Yeah, keep thinking that anything that is legal is perfectly legitimate. Murder was completely legit until the first law made it illegal. Leave it to an MLMer to not be able to separate ethics from legality.
WTF!!!!...............
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
WTF!!!!...............
Exactly, why on Earth would Kerry use that logic? At least you agree with me that he's off his rocker in his thinking...

Old 06-10-2011, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Yeah, you didn't defend YTB, you joined them.
jUST CAN'T LET IT GO, CAN YA?!

Are you actually implying that you don't understand the difference between a person joining an MLM to look at it from the inside, and joining one to promote it? Really? You can't be that dense, can you? I've explained this to you before?! Having comprehension issues, AGAIN!?

Man, you've got it bad, Cal...

Cal = Anti-MLM cynic/bigot...

Quote:
A cynic is not merely one who reads bitter lessons from the past, he is one who is prematurely disappointed in the future.

~ Sydney J. Harris
Typical, for you, Cal.
― Criss Jami
Click Here!

Old 06-10-2011, 11:02 AM
Band

Quote:
jUST CAN'T LET IT GO, CAN YA?!
somebody really doesn't like having the truth pointed out. :)
Quote:
Are you actually implying that you don't understand the difference between a person joining an MLM to look at it from the inside, and joining one to promote it?
No, I'm outright saying it's pathetic that you couldn't take one simple look at the structure and see the pyramid scheme. You said you joined to help out a friend that joined. Instead of being helpful and seeing it for what it was, something many of us who you say "don't know anything because we've never done MLM" could do easily, you had to join "to see it from the inside." YTB is the same from the inside as from the outside....an obvious pyramid. Commissions on websites instead of actual product.
Quote:
You can't be that dense, can you?
No, but you can.
Quote:
I've explained this to you before?! Having comprehension issues, AGAIN!?
No, I understand it just fine... you are embarrassed you didn't see what was obvious to the "novices."

Old 06-11-2011, 06:51 AM

Quote:
somebody really doesn't like having the truth pointed out. :)
WTF!?

You're living in a fantasy world, cal. Anti-MLM bigotry is clearly rotting your brain.

Quote:
No, I'm outright saying it's pathetic that you couldn't take one simple look at the structure and see the pyramid scheme.
That's what you see every time you see an MLM. Interesting. I thought so...
Quote:
You said you joined to help out a friend that joined. Instead of being helpful and seeing it for what it was, something many of us who you say "don't know anything because we've never done MLM" could do easily,
Yep, I needed a closer look. I'm not an Anti-MLM bigot like you & "many of us" here...sorry...

Quote:
you had to join "to see it from the inside."
Yep, and I confirmed what I suspected. There wasn't much of a real business, as the travel deals, after joining, (for FREE), just weren't there! I confirmed that by looking at YTB, from the inside, for free. BFD You want to make a mountain out of that mole-hill, knock yerself out, bigot-boy.

Quote:
YTB is the same from the inside as from the outside....an obvious pyramid.
Oh really!? How do you know? Did you join for free and find out for yourself, or are you just guessing again?

Quote:
Commissions on websites instead of actual product.No, but you can.No, I understand it just fine... you are embarrassed you didn't see what was obvious to the "novices."
As I said, you're living in a fantasy world, bigot-boy...

You're sounding more and more like a full-fledged CAWIT every time we have an exchange now! Cool! I'll bet SBM is flat proud of ya...

It's been fuN!!

Thanks for making my day Cal! There's a spring in my step now that wasn't there when I woke up. Thanks!

Kerry
― Criss Jami
Click Here!

Old 06-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Band

Quote:
That's what you see every time you see an MLM.
An obvious lie on your part as always. I don't say every MLM is a scam, I do think MLMs are inefficient. I've said that quite often. Try to keep up (no worries, we know you can't).
Quote:
Yep, I needed a closer look. I'm not an Anti-MLM bigot like you & "many of us" here...sorry...
you mean you can't look at simple published numbers and see all the revenue was from websites, not travel. You think you need to join to read SEC filings?
Quote:
Yep, and I confirmed what I suspected. There wasn't much of a real business, as the travel deals, after joining, (for FREE), just weren't there! I confirmed that by looking at YTB, from the inside, for free. BFD You want to make a mountain out of that mole-hill, knock yerself out, bigot-boy.
I'm not making a mountain out of anything, just pointing out the truth and laughing at you getting riled up at it.
Quote:
Oh really!? How do you know? Did you join for free and find out for yourself, or are you just guessing again?
public SEC filings showed exactly where the money was coming from. No guessing whatsoever. Real numbers. Real numbers always seem to be the curse of an MLMer.

:)