report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Silver Member

Re: Top 400 MLM Earners

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
When a person loses money to gambling who is to blame?
Good to see you comparing MLM to such a honest activity as gambling. Why not include loan sharks why you are at it?
Quote:
When a person loses money buying lottery tickets is that the fault of the government?
I have to this day not found any lottery that tell their players to fire their boss and start buying tickets and recruit their friends and family to play.

Quote:
When a farmer raises pigs and the cost of the grain and water to feed the pigs exceeds the market price he sells the pigs at, whose fault is that?
Though luck, there isn't necessarily anyone to blame...

I blame the Brazilians when anything goes wrong. I started doing so after the world cup semi-final of 1994

MLM explained

Old 06-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
I compare business ownership to gambling.

Owning a business is a gamble...ask any failed business during this recession. And any business that makes it.

But behind the gamble is the owner, and how much time, effort and dedication they put into keeping their business alive.
You should compare owning an MLM to putting your house on fire, joining a suicide sect and publicly stating you have a likening for exposing yourself to kids. You would probably have more of your friends and wealth left when you are done with this then from joining an MLM.

MLM explained

Old 06-06-2011, 09:50 PM
Most Valued Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
To me it comes down to where the money comes from. Does the guy making 100k get most of his income from sales to retail customers or does he get it from money paid by members....
Those guys in the list will make the vast majority of their money from downline commissions, who will have been taught to retail a small amount and build a downline themselves. Thats how MLM works, everyone doing a small amount of retail and building a downline who do the same. Its called ''leverage''.

Quote:
In a legit MLM - the focus should be on selling goods or services to customers who are not a member of the mlm.
And building a downline of people who do the same.

Quote:
If the MLM charges $50/month for some cloned website - its probably a scam.
Possibly, but not necessarily. It depends on the value or non-value that website provides. (my company charges nothing for many more than one website, so I'm biased, but I wouldnt necessarily call those that do, scams)

Quote:
If the mlm charges $500 (499.99) to sign up- its probably a scam.
Again, same as above. Depends on value of sign up pack. Does it include useable/retailable product for example?

Quote:
The money should come from the sale of some good or service, not out of the pockets of the downline.
Yes.
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffBluff View Post
You should compare owning an MLM to putting your house on fire, joining a suicide sect and publicly stating you have a likening for exposing yourself to kids. You would probably have more of your friends and wealth left when you are done with this then from joining an MLM.
Wow, really?

"How wrong is it for a woman to expect a man to build the world she wants,
rather than to create it herself."

Old 06-07-2011, 01:38 AM
Band

Quote:
When a person loses money to gambling who is to blame?
Depends on the circumstances. If a person was intentionally misled by someone, I would say that the person doing the misleading shoulders a portion of the blame.
Quote:
When a person loses money buying lottery tickets is that the fault of the government?
Personally, I believe it is a shared blame, but that is a very specific situation on which I have strong opinions. The govt shouldn't be in the business of gambling resulting on a nearly purely regressive tax (save us some time and have your kids explain that to you).
Quote:
When a farmer raises pigs and the cost of the grain and water to feed the pigs exceeds the market price he sells the pigs at, whose fault is that?
Likely his. If he was intentionally mislead by those selling the feed as to the price of the feed, is the blame fully on the farmer?
I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Old 06-07-2011, 01:40 AM
Band

Quote:
I compare business ownership to gambling.
Quoted for posterity.

I love the irony of you not understanding the difference between managed risk and gambling. Sadly for you, the difference between the two is often the difference between you and the people you argue with..... education.
I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes View Post
Depends on the circumstances. If a person was intentionally misled by someone, I would say that the person doing the misleading shoulders a portion of the blame.Personally, I believe it is a shared blame, but that is a very specific situation on which I have strong opinions. The govt shouldn't be in the business of gambling resulting on a nearly purely regressive tax (save us some time and have your kids explain that to you).Likely his. If he was intentionally mislead by those selling the feed as to the price of the feed, is the blame fully on the farmer?
Looks like everyone in your world misleads everybody. Strange situation.
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:17 AM
I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
Those guys in the list will make the vast majority of their money from downline commissions, who will have been taught to retail a small amount and build a downline themselves. Thats how MLM works, everyone doing a small amount of retail and building a downline who do the same. Its called ''leverage''.
Nope, it's called a barely legal pyramid scheme that should be either outlawed or reclassified as a hobby (shopper's club).

Calling this setup a "business" is absurd. And these guys wonder why the IRS has a difficult time allowing autoshippers to claim business expenses...go figure!

Doyle, I'm impressed that you FINALLY admitted "retail to outside customers" is such a minscule part of this whole scheme and doesn't any effect whatsoever on how the big wigs at the top get paid or how much.

It's only an aid to the fraud to get people interested...that's it.

Here's a good one....
"That's why I changed my 'story'".
Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Old 06-07-2011, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James R View Post
Nope, it's called a barely legal pyramid scheme that should be either outlawed or reclassified as a hobby (shopper's club).

Calling this setup a "business" is absurd. And these guys wonder why the IRS has a difficult time allowing autoshippers to claim business expenses...go figure!

Doyle, I'm impressed that you FINALLY admitted "retail to outside customers" is such a minscule part of this whole scheme and doesn't any effect whatsoever on how the big wigs at the top get paid or how much.

It's only an aid to the fraud to get people interested...that's it.
''Barely legal'', what kind of rubbish is that. Something is either ''legal'' or ''illegal'', no such thing as ''barely legal''. Your posts get more idiotic every day. Do you realise that posters on here who are anti-MLM call you an idiot.......you dont do much for their cause do you, but please carry on, you're an asset to us.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-07-2011, 06:31 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
''Barely legal'', what kind of rubbish is that. Something is either ''legal'' or ''illegal'', no such thing as ''barely legal''. blah blah blah.. SNIP!
Ahh.. simple words from a simple mind. Sorry DOYle... the world is not all black and white. And that applies to law as well. DOY! DoDo Bird Doyle strikes again!

Old 06-07-2011, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodaattone View Post
Ahh.. simple words from a simple mind. Sorry DOYle... the world is not all black and white. And that applies to law as well. DOY! DoDo Bird Doyle strikes again!
Great post. We can learn a lot from that one....not.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walksthedogs View Post
Wow, really?

Yes, ask ChrisDoyle...

MLM explained

Old 06-07-2011, 07:03 AM
Band

Quote:
Stupid question. You can lose money in any and every type of business, including network marketing.
It's not a question aimed at describing MLM vs. non-MLM.

So you would agree that someone with an MLM marketing slogan that one can't lose money in their MLM would be fraudulent?

Old 06-07-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffBluff View Post
Yes, ask ChrisDoyle...
You've asked me. The answer is NO.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-07-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes View Post
It's not a question aimed at describing MLM vs. non-MLM.

So you would agree that someone with an MLM marketing slogan that one can't lose money in their MLM would be fraudulent?

Which slogan?
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-07-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!

Quote:
I've seen Subways, Jerrry's Subs, Quizno's and I never thought I'd see it, but a McDonalds go under. These are all top franchises. So mismanagement, bad timing, down economy, location, lack of advertising, whatever...can cause ANY business to go under.
So the failure rate of Subways, Jerrry's Subs, Quizno's, and McDonalds is also 99%...right?

Do you use this example to lure new recruits aka ("paid for customers")?

Here's a good one....
"That's why I changed my 'story'".
Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Old 06-07-2011, 09:32 AM

The great thing about MLM is, if its done sensibly losses can be negligible.
If you become a distributor because you love a product and would buy it without doing the business, then you are receiving value for your monthly expenditure, so it cant be called a loss.

If you build your business by word of mouth, which is free, as opposed to buying leads, or paying for advertising, you wont lose any money there.

And if you've bought a large product pack (which is usually optional), laws these days state there must be a 90%+ refund policy, so you cant lose much there.

Compare that with many non-MLM businesses and its very favourable.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Band

Quote:
I would think any business described that way would not be on the up and up... (I don't know the exact legal definition of fraudulent).
How about if the wording was "All you have to lose is your pain." :)

Well, except you could also lose your time, your money, etc, etc.
Quote:
I've seen Subways, Jerrry's Subs, Quizno's and I never thought I'd see it, but a McDonalds go under.
If typical businesses went under as often as MLM distributorships, there would be no economy.