report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2011, 05:55 AM
Diamond Member

A real hero and a real zero.

This is a real hero...

Sgt First Class Petry will be awarded the Medal of Honor for losing a hand throwing a grenade away from his comrades.

And this is a two bit loser....

Max Cleland, former Democrat senator, who in 1968 during the Tet Offensive was returning to a Marine Corps fire base when he stopped to pick up a hand grenade that blew up in his hands.

Max has been lying about his injuries for years, first while opposing U.S. involvement back home from Vietnam to the war on Islamofascism. He claims he was "crippled in combat." which is a flat out lie.

The hero vrs the zero....who is the better man?

Old 06-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: A real hero and a real zero.

Dan, You are indeed a real zero. Real class, insulting someone who has patently served his country with distinction in many ways.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Max saw the grenade on the ground and he instinctively went for it. Soldiers in combat don't leave grenades lying around on the ground. Later, in the hospital, he said he thought it was his own but I doubt the concept of "ownership" went through his mind in the split seconds involved in reaching for the grenade.
Soldiers are also told in basic training and otherwise...never...never....never pick up a grounded hand grenade!

I was in the navy and told any explosive or device of any type must never be handled when found. You block it off, prevent others from the scene and notify EOD.

Max did not get his wounds in combat, not even close to a combat operation so he shouldn't be bad mouthing America while saying..."I was wounded in combat." Insted he should say..."Duh, I was fucken retarded!"

Quote:
You are indeed a real zero
I don't go around lying that I was in combat when I wasn't, not like old Max.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrush1966 View Post
sourcewatch.org/Max Cleland,
Quote:
Military Service
*Army ROTC; Stetson University
*U.S. Army 1965-1968; Commisioned Second Lieutenant and promoted to Captain 1968
*Airborne, Ft. Benning, Georgia
*Aide de Camp, Ft. Monmouth, New Jersey
*Volunteered for duty in Vietnam in 1967
*Wounded in grenade explosion April 8, 1968 (lost both legs and right arm)
*Recovered from injuries "in various Army and Veterans Administration hospitals"
*Awarded Bronze Star and Silver Star

"Cleland volunteered as communications officer for 2d Battalion, 12th Cavalry, which had been chosen for Operation Pegasus - the relief of Khe Sanh - in April 1968. CPT Cleland was on a mountaintop with his Signal team to set up a radio relay when he lost his legs and right arm to a grenade explosion. For Khe Sanh he received the Bronze Star for meritorious service and Silver Star for gallantry in action."

The awards of star medals appear unrelated to the grenade explosion accident which caused hs injuries. The Silver Star Medal Citation references action on 4 April. The grenade explosion was on 8 April.

Silver Star Medal Citation
Captain Cleland distinguished himself by exceptionally valorous action on 4 April 1968 Ö during an enemy attack near Khe Sanh.

When the battalion command post came under a heavy enemy rocket and mortar attack, Captain Cleland, disregarding his own safety, exposed himself to the rocket barrage as he left his covered position to administer first aid to his wounded comrades. He then assisted in moving the injured personnel to covered positions.

Continuing to expose himself, Captain Cleland organized his men into a work party to repair the battalion communications equipment, which had been damaged by enemy fire.

His gallant action is in keeping with the highest traditions of the military service, and reflects great credit upon himself, his unit and the United States Army.

Grenade Explosion Accident. In his own words,
On April 8, 1968, I volunteered for one last mission. The helicopter moved in low. The troops jumped out with M16 rifles in hand as we crouched low to the ground to avoid the helicopter blades. Then I saw the grenade. It was where the chopper had lifted off. It must be mine, I thought. Grenades had fallen off my web gear before. Shifting the M16 to my left hand and holding it behind me, I bent down to pick up the grenade. A blinding explosion threw me backwards.

Veterans Affairs
"In 1969, Cleland was asked to testify before the United States Senate Veterans Affairs Committee to describe the difficulties veterans were experiencing returning home from Vietnam. The next year, Cleland was elected to the Georgia State Senate, thus beginning a 33-year career in public service. As the youngest member of the Georgia Senate at the age of 28, he wrote the state law making public facilities in the state accessible to the elderly and the handicapped."

Old 06-01-2011, 02:52 PM
Newbie Member

There are always two sides to a coin. As to Mr. Max, we will never really know as there will always be different accounts from different individuals.

We need to move forward.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Diamond Member

I can see why this caused some controversy.

In my opinion because this accident happened while doing a military mission where there was a chance of getting attacked by the enemy he is correct in saying he was injured in combat. The injury did not happen while fighting the enemy but it would not have happened if he was not engaged in the military operation.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Platinum Member

Reminds me of a certain Secretary Of State Landing under "Heavy Fire"

Old 06-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark56 View Post
There are always two sides to a coin. As to Mr. Max, we will never really know as there will always be different accounts from different individuals.

We need to move forward.
Thanks, I'm moved.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle View Post
Dan, You are indeed a real zero. Real class, insulting someone who has patently served his country with distinction in many ways.
Yup, totally. Dan pimped Hispanic women when he served. Ask him, he brags about it.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Most Valued Platinum Member

wouldn't the low life be the guy who actually dropped the grenade!? and danrush of course for not checking his story before gettin all fired up about soldierin!? i was just thinking!? cold blooded killers make the best soldiers, RIGHT!? the gung ho types!? is danrush a best soldier!? what woulda happened if he didn't join the military!? be in san quentin now!?

Old 09-28-2011, 12:51 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I saw Sgt First Class Petry interviewed on television, and he seems like a regular guy, and his actions certainly entitled him to the medal.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:49 AM
Florida Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjoe View Post
Yup, totally. Dan pimped Hispanic women when he served. Ask him, he brags about it.

Wrong Dan Chombo!

Old 09-28-2011, 05:28 AM
Challenge Authority

Cleland's no hero and neither is the goose stepping robot in the OP who lost his hand.

Anybody who has been involved in this country's illegal and barbaric militarism since WW II is guilty of being an accessory to war crimes... plain and simple.

The only difference between the two is that - in Cleland's day - the military consisted of some higher caliber individuals because they were drafted.

The US Military since the Vietnam debacle - represented by Dandouche and Snappytool - is simply a receptacle for human waste that - otherwise - would be flipping chicken somewhere.

The US Military has become nothing but a toilet for society.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:19 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrush1966 View Post
Soldiers are also told in basic training and otherwise...never...never....never pick up a grounded hand grenade!

I was in the navy and told any explosive or device of any type must never be handled when found. You block it off, prevent others from the scene and notify EOD.
1. This was the vianame war they had different training or non at all.
2. This was a small mission sent to put up a radio antenna I doubt they an an explosive ordinance disposal team with them.

So in short no matter what you do now. At the time of the incident these procedures were not in place, or available.

Quote:
Max did not get his wounds in combat, not even close to a combat operation so he shouldn't be bad mouthing America while saying..."I was wounded in combat." Instead he should say..."Duh, I was fucken retarded!"
He was on a military mission not sleeping in his bunk.

Also I dare you to go into a VA hospital and say that. 50% of American casualties are from friendly fire.

Do Allied soldiers you bomb get to say they were injured in combat? Does it somehow make it any less important.

Quote:
So what would you like him to say? That while on a combat mission in a forigen country somebody in platoon dropped a grenade and I tried to get it to prevent my comrades from being injured and failed.

He's a dumb fuck in your book because he was injured by friendly fire.

Guess what. Half the American injured are dumb fucks in your book because there own troops shot them.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:12 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyDan View Post
Wrong Dan Chombo!
Nope, I got the right one Pu**y, and you know it.

Spent your time in the service pimping out hispanic women to the officers. Ya said so yourself. Own it hon, it's got you all over it.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:14 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post

Also I dare you to go into a VA hospital and say that. 50% of American casualties are from friendly fire.
Ever notice how dan can never source his shit?

On accounta he just makes it up.

Source it dan.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:23 AM
Florida Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyjoe View Post
Nope, I got the right one Pu**y, and you know it.

Spent your time in the service pimping out hispanic women to the officers. Ya said so yourself. Own it hon, it's got you all over it.
Hey Chombo, I wasn't posting in this thread till you included me. Danrush is different! try to keep up

Old 09-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyDan View Post
Hey Chombo, I wasn't posting in this thread till you included me. Danrush is different! try to keep up
You're the one having difficulties keeping up shoog.

"Dan pimped Hispanic women when he served."

That's you, not him.