report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2011, 06:41 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Aliexpress Scams

Aliexpress scam, they are the most dishonest online marketplace company around at present. They allow thousands of scam artists to advertise there defective, shoddy products on there site. Many items listed on there site are not really available for sale, they will take your order and money then a few weeks later you will get a refund less the transaction fees ! they make great money out of "sorry out of stock items". There escrow buyer service is a joke, another scam. You will not get what you ordered ie (bait and switch) different items will be supplied, and there will be no user guides in english etc. Any disputes will go in the favour of the vendor. Do not use Aliexpress they cost me a lot of time and money.
Anyone else had some Aliexpress scam experience?

Old 05-26-2011, 03:40 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Aliexpress Scams

yes Ali express is a real scam. To anyone who is attempting to purchase their "products" please don't do it. I was in the same boat. But luckily I got my money back through my bank. The bank credited my account and filed a claimed against Ali express.. they will be investigating this supplier..Sorry guys you think you got me but you didn't...HA HA!!

Old 05-27-2011, 12:00 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Funny, i've been dealing with Aliexpress for nearly 12 months now and the goods have always been ok and worked fine. I've purchased everything from wireless adapters to solar panels. The escrow payment also works fine.

Old 05-30-2011, 03:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com

YES YES YES, ALIEXPRESS are the up & coming internet online marketplace scam artists of all time !
The facts are ALIEXPRESS do not care if there advertisers are honest or not, it makes no difference to them as they are only about the commissions. I too was caught out, in a bait and switch scam. The supplier to this day is still advertising the same item he cannot supply ! I emailed ALIEXPRESS with a link to the ad after my experience, guess what ! they just are not interested, most of there Chinese suppliers are advertising goods they do not have in stock, bait & switch scams very common at ALIEXPRESS. ALIEXPRESS DO NOT CARE if the supplier has stock or not, as it makes there website look very fat. When (if) a supplier ships something it will mostly be not as described and if it is as described the quality will be disgusting. I got my money back through my bank eventually after wasting 6 months in there so called "dispute resolution process" another complete scam and waste of time. I guess they have many millions of dollars of payments in limbo awaiting "resolution", its a great source of interest free funds for them. Customer service at ALIEXPRESS does not exist once you make a complaint, try getting anything other than a automated response from them. Additionally there Escrow service is supposed to make you feel warm & safe, HUH! what a joke another ALIEXPRESS SCAM.
Anyone that has had a good experience at ALIEXPRESS has just been lucky, ALIEXPRESS COMPANY, VERY DISHONEST, GOLD MEDAL SCAM ARTISTS....

Old 05-30-2011, 06:07 PM
Bronze Member

Aliexpress is a marketplace. Since they don't regulate all of the sellers on Aliexpress, many of them are scams.

However Aliexpress itself is not a scam and there are many reputable vendors on there that conduct lots of business.

Old 06-27-2011, 04:48 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Aliexpress seems to be a little shady. Has anyone found a marketplace that does seem to be a little more reliable? Or found a company over seas that seems to do good business?

Old 06-28-2011, 11:18 AM
I am new at Scam.com

"escrow buyer service is a joke" - good point!

Here's my direct shopping experience from Aliexpress.com/Alibaba.com:

1. Ordered 3 tablet pc, returned one of them and went through a process of complain, but got no refund.

2. Another 2 tablet pc suddenly stopped working 1 month later.

3. The credit card number that I only registered both at alibaba.com and paypal has been used by unknown people to purchase applications and softwares online, totally NZ$144.81.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Newbie Member

Yes they are total scam site a complete rip-off.
This seller
X SHOW TECHNOLOGY LTD is a total waste!
I purchased a 7in PC notebook but when i received it it had no manual and the wrong plug so ok i could live with that but when i plugged in with an adopted to charge it smoke started coming from the usb port.
I opened a dispute with the seller weeks ago but today i received an email stating they were releasing the money because i had not replied to them which i had twice.
Funny that so i covered myself by opening a dispute also with paypal which is still ongoing.
People must be warned to stay away from these scam site.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Well I'm still regularly using aliexpress with no probs. I don't know that I would purchase more than one of an item first time with a supplier, but that's good practice with any non-brand name electronics. I have purchased knock sensors, notebook power supplies, a solar panel, various PDA and phone mounts, various phone accesories, USB wireless adapter with no problems. I don't think I would purchase mobile phones, photographic equipment or computer hardware without first getting a sample or properly researching the supplier. As per a previous post Alliexpress is definitely not a scam and you would have to be a bit simple to think, that of the thousands of vendors that list products with them, some are not going to be suspect.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:23 AM
Newbie Member

You must be one of the lucky few then, i did purchase a sample unit a 7in PC and there is where the problem lies " when i tried to charge it smoke came from the USB port within seconds " and this was from a so called GOLD supplier with excellent feedback!
Maybe they are not all Scammers but Aliexpress sided
with the seller and paid out my money to him.
I still have all the replies from them all the good it did me.
AMG-1998

Old 07-13-2011, 06:43 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I ordered 100 headphones from a buyer, having previously bought from the site and had no real problems, however the headphones had not turned up, so I emailed a seller and after he had not replied in 2 weeks I filed a complaint to paypal. He soon replied, saying that he had had a lot of orders and must have lost track. He then said to cancel the complaint on paypal and he would send them immediately. Soon after, he put the trackling info onto aliexpress, and I recieved a shoddy looking memory stick several weeks later. When I tried to report the seller to paypal, they could not do anything as you are only allowed to file one complaint, and Aliexpress were less than bothered, not even bothering to reply, and as previously stated, their phone line was useless. Lost all £500 that was spent on the headphones, so I would encourage cautious behavoir when making purchases on the site, despite the ability to make good deals with honest sellers.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Newbie Member

Yes the seller tried that with me asking me to drop the paypal case and said all would be sorted but i did not close the case thankfully.
The latest trick the seller is he refused to sign for the return package and now its on the way back to me according to the tracking infomation.
I only send it back because paypal insisted i return the package at my expense to receive the refund so the latest now is i have to fax paypal proof of the address i send the package to in China!

Old 07-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Newbie Member

They tried that with me also but thankfully i did not close the case with paypal and the latest in this saga is i refurned the PC to the seller ** registered post and he refused to sign for it!
Now paypal need me to fax the details of where i send it to in China!
So now i have the package on its way back to me for all the good that will do and i have to wait for the outcome of this from paypal.
To sum it up i purchased the PC which was total crap & dangerous + customs + vat + return p/p and i am heading back to where i started from?
AMG-1998

Old 07-25-2011, 01:09 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I had opened a dispute with Paypal, but 41 days later, they emailed me that I got insufficient evidance to claim the money back!

Suggest you just contact your bank and fill up a form of 'Notification of disputed transaction', instead of getting 'support' from Paypal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG-1998 View Post
Yes they are total scam site a complete rip-off.
This seller
X SHOW TECHNOLOGY LTD is a total waste!
I purchased a 7in PC notebook but when i received it it had no manual and the wrong plug so ok i could live with that but when i plugged in with an adopted to charge it smoke started coming from the usb port.
I opened a dispute with the seller weeks ago but today i received an email stating they were releasing the money because i had not replied to them which i had twice.
Funny that so i covered myself ** opening a dispute also with paypal which is still ongoing.
People must be warned to stay away from these scam site.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Similar things that happened to me! no one to sign up the form so the parcel returned to me!

As I know that China government just released the new laws early this year, so most Alibaba and Aliexpress scammer flew out of the Shenzhen city. Some news showed this city faced challenge of empty building.

There are some possibilities that 'no one sign up the parcel':

1. the address is a fake.
2. the scammer left Shenzhen city but still active at aliexpress.
3. laughing at the parcel notice card and ignored it, or telling the delivery man they are the new client in the business unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG-1998 View Post
They tried that with me also but thankfully i did not close the case with paypal and the latest in this saga is i refurned the PC to the seller ** registered post and he refused to sign for it!
Now paypal need me to fax the details of where i send it to in China!
So now i have the package on its way back to me for all the good that will do and i have to wait for the outcome of this from paypal.
To sum it up i purchased the PC which was total crap & dangerous + customs + vat + return p/p and i am heading back to where i started from?
AMG-1998

Old 07-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Newbie Member

Aliexpress, Alibaba, eBay

All of these places are marketplaces which don't really keep too close an eye on what the hell their sellers are doing.

Ebay has had to clean its act up in the last few years and the latest scandal surrounding Alibaba

(http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...i-resigns.html)

might scare them into doing something but who knows. It's definitely a case of buyer beware.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Newbie Member

Hi Guys,
a quick update i have no idea where the package is as it was not returned, after weeks sending emails to paypal and 3 faxes with the proof of the postal address in China and threatening Legal action against paypal my refund is on the way.
Now paypal will use any excuse not to refund as i believe they will side with the person who they make the most money out of i.e. the seller.
Now at the start all i needed was to provide the tracking info for the returned item which i did them when he refused to sign for the package paypal them wanted " proof of address " that it was returned to!
I provided that proof 3 times ** fax and they still would not accept it until i said that i would take legal action.
Do keep emailing paypal because if the item was send back and tracking info was supplied to them that should be enough do not let them get away with it keep sending emails everyday.
AMG-1998

Old 08-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Newbie Member

Last update from me as i got a full refund and will advise everyone not to give up and persist with both aliexpress and paypal!