report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Investment Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2011, 06:37 AM
I am new at Scam.com

ETF Tipping Point- Kirt Christensen claims 6.23%

Does anyone know about Kirt Christensen and his ETF Tipping Point methodology and subcription service? He claims be able to produce a 6.25% Monthly return. It seems to be too good to be true http://etftippingpoint.com/

Bookmark and Share

Old 05-16-2011, 03:39 AM
Diamond Member

Re: ETF Tipping Point- Kirt Christensen claims 6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdone View Post
Does anyone know about Kirt Christensen and his ETF Tipping Point methodology and subcription service? He claims be able to produce a 6.25% Monthly return. It seems to be too good to be true
Ask for a registered, audited, real money track record. Two years would be sufficient to start. Of course you will get nothing but dodges and excuses. If this guy could do that, investment banks would be trying to place millions with him and he wouldn't have time to be stiffing retail traders who don't know any better.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

It sounds like it is most likely a scam to me. 6% a month seems very unrealistic. I find it hard to believe those results are from real actual trades.

I just attended an ETF Tipping Point webinar, and I asked about audited results. Below, I've posted the back and forth question and answer. Do you agree that he's most likely hyping the results?

ADD: notice that he said he's only been "selling to my students" since January of this year. He's not saying the website has been providing signals to students in past years which makes me skeptical.

A: we provided the entire trade by trade history of all 9 sectors, back to the start date of january 2007 to all members, so that they can peruse the numbers to their heart's content.

Q: How do I know the trades you say you took in past years were real trades and not made up afterward?

A: we give all member's access to the entire 4+ years of historical trades, check out the prices on those dates and times, see for yourself...

Q: right, but those trades could be made up after the fact, or the resutl of curve-fitted backtesting. How do I know you really gave actual signals in those past years. Anyone can start a website and post trades of past years that give results. How do I know the trades are real. Are your results audited by an independed 3rd party?

A: if you're that skeptical, this isn't for you. we've been selling to my students since january of this year... and have dozens of people that can verify of course... we also have a full 2 part money back guarantee and all that. i wouldn't have been in business for 12 years if i'm making crap up :)

Last edited by Venture123 : 05-21-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I looked into this and wanted to see actual trade history from Jan - May 2011 - did not get a reply. Also, you may want to read his Earnings Disclaimer page on the website - especially the Non-Average Results part. Not for me.

Old 09-28-2011, 03:10 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi,

Kirt Christensen, owner of ETF Tipping Point here. I'd like to clear up a few things...

The ETF system has been running since January of 2007, almost 57 months now. 2011 has been a very tough year, but, that's not unique to us, as you well know.

...We're still outperforming almost standard you'd care to measure this against, apples for apples...

As of today, we're averaging 5.8% per ETF, per month, over the past 57 months.

See the exact numbers for the 9 sectors here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EE&output=html

There was a comment earlier in the thread that we didn't provide the full trade history earlier. Sorry about that, we had to re-configure the software that the historical trades were tracked on, and it turned out to be 120mb of files, and 54 different data sheets and several hundred macros that needed to be re-written. Soon, I'll have all the nice equity curves graphs and all that, but the data speaks for itself...

Complete trade history:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Xc&output=html

I'm available at kirtchristensen@gmail.com if you have serious questions or interest, thanks!

Kirt Christensen

Old 09-28-2011, 03:27 PM
I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirtchristensen View Post
Hi,

Kirt Christensen, owner of ETF Tipping Point here. I'd like to clear up a few things...

The ETF system has been running since January of 2007, almost 57 months now. 2011 has been a very tough year, but, that's not unique to us, as you well know.

...We're still outperforming almost standard you'd care to measure this against, apples for apples...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...EE&output=html

There was a comment earlier in the thread that we didn't provide the full trade history earlier. Sorry about that, we had to re-configure the software that the historical trades were tracked on, and it turned out to be 120mb of files, and 54 different data sheets and several hundred macros that needed to be re-written. Soon, I'll have all the nice equity curves graphs and all that, but the data speaks for itself...

Complete trade history:

I'm available at kirtchristensen@gmail.com if you have serious questions or interest, thanks!

Kirt Christensen
Kirt:

Impressive, any chance you could post your trade activity since inception - year end brokerage account statements would be fine - in PDF form - actual statements with name of broker - you can black out the account numbers and personal information.

Below is copied from Kirt's site:
Yes, it is possible to safely average 6.32% a month investing in ETFs, devoting just 1 hour per week… Your own research will prove how real (and simple) this is as you go through our material & leave a comment in the form below!
…I’ve uncovered a little secret “twist” about the financial markets, nothing “cloak and dagger”, but it’s a surprisingly simple “tell” that allows us to profit from 9 very different market sectors, such as:
DOW 30
S&P 500,
QQQ Tech index
Banking index
Oil index
Gold index
Semi-conductor index
Real Estate index
Materials index
Please watch the 3 minute video above, and then leave a comment below & tell me exactly what you think!
In return, as soon as you leave a comment, I’ll shoot you over an email that contains instant & immediate access to the rest of our site, and redirect you to the “good stuff” where I’ll gladly share with you further information, including:
My 13 minute “Executive Summary” Video, which details exactly how (and why) this “ETF Tipping Point System” works — and has worked, month in and out, in real market conditions, bull & bear, for the past 4 Years…
The exact 3 Word “Market Twist” that makes this all possible — yep, this whole thing can be summed up that easily!
Full instructions on how to attend one our twice weekly, 2 hour live webinar training events, held on Tuesdays at 5pm pacific and Saturdays at 11am pacific
This ETF trading system is simple to understand, and if you can read a simple chart, you’re all but set. No complicated formulas, no subjective “mumbo jumbo” …And the best part, you can trade it in less than 1 hour per week!
To imediately increase your trading results, using simple ETFs as your trading vehicle, just leave a short, honest comment below and in exchange I’ll give you much more info, videos, rock-solid proof, full system results, and a free 2-hour live webinar training with me personally…
There is no zero cost, and no obligation, and no string attached. We will use your email to keep you informed about the progress of the system and notify you of upcoming live webinars, but of course you can remove yourself with the click of a button at anytime.
Leave a short, honest comment below and I’ll see you in the inside!

Old 09-29-2011, 04:31 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirtchristensen View Post
Hi,
Complete trade history:
Kirt Christensen
Please post an audited, registered, real money track record. As well as the name of your brokerage house and your brokers/advisors license number, so we can verify that you are a real person with a real account that is earning these profits.

Not only will the SEC be interested, but if they are real, several of the major financial houses will be beating on your door looking to place billions with you.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:24 AM
Help Ordinary People Increase Money

Hi Kirt,

Did you ever promote a 'Treat Options Trading As Your Business' course in a series of videos?

If yes, I bought the course 3 years ago from you. The course is too technical!

I looked at your chart ... quite impressive ... though I have encountered a better graph chart than yours, really.

When you want to promote this kind of stuff, people want to see actual, audited account profit/loss statements. Do you have? Is it convenient to show those statements?

Bye

Lost money to scam? This system gives $5,000 from $500, after 3 years & some more thereafter. See proof | My Poem on Scams

Old 10-05-2011, 07:10 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Several red flags here. First, the data is only backtested data up through some point in time (around feb 11), the performance of the system has been underwater from Feb til present (live period). Third, the history shows that the majoriy of time each sector was either long or short and rarely in cash. However, the current signals have alot of "flat" time suggesting some change.
Lastly, he keeps promising to update the data through present but as of recently has not done this, so the last data posted (showing 6% monthly returns to show in the webinars) is now 6 months old.

To his credit he responded to my emails (but didn't update the data). He promptly refunded my money when requested - kudos there.

razor

Old 10-05-2011, 12:36 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Wanted to add some info on a few points:

1) The data isn't backtested, these are real trades sent in real-time, going back to January of 2011, see the above spreadsheets, everything is there.

We are making the full boxscore and the ongoing trade history available to prove that we're not fly-by-night scammers :)

2) Yes, 2011 has been tough, it's been tough for everyone :) However, we're still averaging 5.8% through the end of September, 2011, in 4 years and 9 months.

3) We don't offer audited statements or brokerage account statements. What we do offer is the full "paper trade" trade history of the system's performance going back to 2007, your mileage will vary, according to your fills and commissions.

4) Yes, the system has been in cash on a variety of sectors this summer, showing that the market is in flux.

5) We're not going anywhere, we honor our guarantees (as noted by razor99), and we have hundreds of very happy customers for a variety of investing products (as noted by Yeoch, who's comment "it was too technical" gives me a chuckle..)

Anyway, if anyone has further questions, I invite you to register for the webinar at:

http://etftippingpoint.com/webinar/w...ration=default

...or just contact me directly at:

kirtchristensen@gmail.com

Thanks!