report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-13-2011, 12:47 PM
FreedomFred FreedomFred is offline
Freedom. Love it. Cherish it. Acquire it. Keep it.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Religion, in general, tends to shut down all logic and reason. It trades rationality and verifiable facts for blind beliefs and apocryphal tales.

Religion offers cheap "explanations" for human experiences and the human condition without any care for rigor or validity. If may offer you lots of "feel goods", but very little in actual substance.

Worse, some blind believers of some of these religions actually are lead to do extremely whacky things -- like fly planes into buildings or kill doctors. Like committing mass suicides or even mass murders.

Religion is extremely dangerous. While I support the rights of everyone to believe what they want, I also assert the personal responsibility behind what beliefs you personally choose to engage. You shall be held actually responsible for any and all actions you may make as a result of your beliefs.


Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 03-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Cnance's Avatar
Cnance Cnance is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,852
Re: Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFred View Post
Religion, in general, tends to shut down all logic and reason. It trades rationality and verifiable facts for blind beliefs and apocryphal tales.

Religion offers cheap "explanations" for human experiences and the human condition without any care for rigor or validity. If may offer you lots of "feel goods", but very little in actual substance.

Worse, some blind believers of some of these religions actually are lead to do extremely whacky things -- like fly planes into buildings or kill doctors. Like committing mass suicides or even mass murders.

Religion is extremely dangerous. While I support the rights of everyone to believe what they want, I also assert the personal responsibility behind what beliefs you personally choose to engage. You shall be held actually responsible for any and all actions you may make as a result of your beliefs.
You may be partly right. However, the burden of proof is on atheist to demonstrate that God doesn't exist.



Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 03-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Harutsedo Harutsedo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 38
Re: Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
You may be partly right. However, the burden of proof is on atheist to demonstrate that God doesn't exist.
No...
The burden of proof is on the theist.

Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 03-14-2011, 12:33 AM
thistle thistle is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,600
Re: Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
You may be partly right. However, the burden of proof is on atheist to demonstrate that God doesn't exist.
You are an atheist with regard to every other of the myriad gods humanity has invented.

If you are correct, the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that those gods dont exist.

I think you can see how silly that is.

Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 03-14-2011, 04:59 AM
charles brough's Avatar
charles brough charles brough is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8
Re: Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFred View Post
Religion, in general, tends to shut down all logic and reason. It trades rationality and verifiable facts for blind beliefs and apocryphal tales.

Religion offers cheap "explanations" for human experiences and the human condition without any care for rigor or validity. If may offer you lots of "feel goods", but very little in actual substance.

Worse, some blind believers of some of these religions actually are lead to do extremely whacky things -- like fly planes into buildings or kill doctors. Like committing mass suicides or even mass murders.

Religion is extremely dangerous. While I support the rights of everyone to believe what they want, I also assert the personal responsibility behind what beliefs you personally choose to engage. You shall be held actually responsible for any and all actions you may make as a result of your beliefs.
I am with you in intent, but may I correct you? The problem is not that the world's ideologies are the root of all evil but that they are old, much to old, even obsolete. They need to be replaced and our secular ideology has failed because it has proven to be unabgle to do that. To bring unity to the world, we need an advanced new science-based ideology.

Ideology is important because it is the only thing that determines how we think. Without any common belief system, we are unable to agree on anything and, hence, incapable of cooperating to achieve any common goal. Currently, we are using our secular ideology to think with.

You see, we are social group primates and can feel instinctively close to only at most a couple hundred people and normally no compassion for others not in the group. We have to credit our ideological system with spreading that group sense of unity and security from small hunting/gathering groups we are used to living in, now to ones millions of people in size.

More on this subject is in my website at civilization-overview dot com
__________________
Brough,
civilization-overview.com

Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 03-14-2011, 10:49 AM
Harutsedo Harutsedo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 38
Re: Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
There is no burden of proof.


I believe x.

You believe y.

that is all that is needed.

Unless of course you wish to kill someone for believing other than you.

Or you wish to coerce someone to believe the same as you.

but there is no burden of proof for belief.
There is always burden of proof on a person asserting a claim.

Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 03-14-2011, 03:27 PM
LogicallyYours's Avatar
LogicallyYours LogicallyYours is offline
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,378
Re: Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
You may be partly right. However, the burden of proof is on atheist to demonstrate that God doesn't exist.
No, it's not. The burden of proof is on the theist.

I claim that miniature pink unicorn created the universe...matter of fact, I know it. Now prove me wrong.

You fail AGAIN.
__________________
"Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 03-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Cnance's Avatar
Cnance Cnance is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,852
Re: Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle View Post
You are an atheist with regard to every other of the myriad gods humanity has invented.

If you are correct, the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that those gods dont exist.

I think you can see how silly that is.
I think you hit the nail on the head. However, I'm in a quandary. As before, there is no empirical proof for God. Much of the problem is because God has assumed a policy of nonintervention with regard to earth. I don't know the reason, but after the fall of paradise, most of what happened was the natural order of things.

Nothing has changed. God created the universe as a PRISON for Satan. You know the rest of the story, I've posted it many times.

Upon examination, it sounds silly because it violates what humans want. However, strange as it sounds, it's true.


Last edited by Cnance : 03-14-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 03-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Cnance's Avatar
Cnance Cnance is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,852
Re: Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
No, it's not. The burden of proof is on the theist.

I claim that miniature pink unicorn created the universe...matter of fact, I know it. Now prove me wrong.

You fail AGAIN.
What I've discovered on my journey through scientific theories is that there are as many MYTHS proposed by science about the creation of the universe as there are religions. Think about that!

People who live in glass houses shouldn't through stones.

Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 03-15-2011, 12:20 AM
thistle thistle is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,600
Re: Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
Nothing has changed. God created the universe as a PRISON for Satan. You know the rest of the story, I've posted it many times.

Upon examination, it sounds silly because it violates what humans want. However, strange as it sounds, it's true.
First, sounding silly doesnt mean something isnt true. Most Americans it seems think evolution sounds silly, and reject it, but its patently true.

So what differenciates one "silly" sounding idea from another? Evidence.

And so I dont reject your beliefs because they sound silly, and "humans" (if you mean atheists) dont reject the existence of gods because they sound silly, or because they arent "what we want".

We reject them because there is no evidence.

Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 03-15-2011, 02:01 AM
LogicallyYours's Avatar
LogicallyYours LogicallyYours is offline
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,378
Re: Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
What I've discovered on my journey through scientific theories is that there are as many MYTHS proposed by science about the creation of the universe as there are religions. Think about that!

People who live in glass houses shouldn't through stones.
Hollow threat of knowledge.
__________________
"Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 03-15-2011, 02:04 AM
LogicallyYours's Avatar
LogicallyYours LogicallyYours is offline
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,378
Re: Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
I think you hit the nail on the head. However, I'm in a quandary. As before, there is no empirical proof for God. Much of the problem is because God has assumed a policy of nonintervention with regard to earth. I don't know the reason, but after the fall of paradise, most of what happened was the natural order of things.
No proof of god.

Quote:
Nothing has changed. God created the universe as a PRISON for Satan. You know the rest of the story, I've posted it many times.
Fantasy based on your dream. (see No proof of god)

Quote:
Upon examination, it sounds silly because it violates what humans want. However, strange as it sounds, it's true.
Occam's Razor. No, it sounds silly because it is.
__________________
"Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 03-15-2011, 05:03 AM
naturefreak2101 naturefreak2101 is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast, USA
Posts: 1,795
Re: Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle View Post
First, sounding silly doesnt mean something isnt true. Most Americans it seems think evolution sounds silly, and reject it, but its patently true.
Tsk tsk, thistle. These forums are not representative of most Americans. At least not the formally educated ones.

Plenty of us know what we're talking about :)

Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 03-15-2011, 05:37 AM
thistle thistle is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,600
Re: Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturefreak2101 View Post
Tsk tsk, thistle. These forums are not representative of most Americans. At least not the formally educated ones.

Plenty of us know what we're talking about :)
Sure, I certainly dont make any assumptions about any country or politics from the nuts on this site, lol.

But wikipedia suggests in 2005 only 40% of Americans accepted evolution, scarily on a downward trend. WE know its true, ie sensible Americans know its true, my point was just that the incredulity of a majority doesnt mean something isnt true.

I think I sneaked out of that one ...

Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 03-15-2011, 08:42 AM
Cnance's Avatar
Cnance Cnance is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,852
Re: Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
No proof of god.



Fantasy based on your dream. (see No proof of god)



Occam's Razor. No, it sounds silly because it is.
Silly is the multiple universe idea for creation, silly is the idea of no beginning, silly is the idea that the universe as always been the way it is, silly that science can explain natural processes but not produce one.

The important question is who created the universe. Until science can show how the universe came about from natural causes, the explanation is God did it.

My dreams have nothing to do with questions raised. Address the argument.

If you can't explain how the universe came from natural causes, then it's a stand off. I have no empirical proof for God and you have no empirical proof for one single natural cause explanation.

You claim god is a myth. I claim scientific explanations without evidence are myths. It's a stand off.


Last edited by Cnance : 03-16-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 03-15-2011, 09:45 AM
LogicallyYours's Avatar
LogicallyYours LogicallyYours is offline
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,378
Re: Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Quote:
The important question is who created the universe. Until science can show how the universe came about from natural causes, the explanation is God did it.
No "who" needed...well, only for those who need to have their hands held...for those who need to feel they are greater than all other life forms because they are insecure in the FACT that they are no better or worse than any other form of life on this planet. We're not special, we just are.

That would be you. Why?

"...the explanation is God did it." Pure STUPIDITY. There is no proof that any god ever existed, created anything or had a hand in anything. Again, you need have your hand held to make you feel complete.

Pathetic.
__________________
"Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 03-15-2011, 09:52 AM
LogicallyYours's Avatar
LogicallyYours LogicallyYours is offline
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,378
Re: Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Quote:
Silly is the multiple universe idea for creation, silly is the idea of no beginning, silly is the idea that the universe as always been the way it is, silly that science can explain natural processed but not produce one.
Silly because you need to believe in your Pink Unicorn Sky Fairy. Your belief is based on nothing more than a desire to feel special.

As for you moronic comment, there is plenty of evidence for expanding/contracting Universe and a paradigm of thought that only make sense in a multi-universe context...and while these are only hypotheses at this point...there is science and mathematics behind them.

Unlike your belief which lacks even the smallest amount of evidence or logic to be elevated to a hypothesis.
__________________
"Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 03-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Cnance's Avatar
Cnance Cnance is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,852
Re: Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
No "who" needed...well, only for those who need to have their hands held...for those who need to feel they are greater than all other life forms because they are insecure in the FACT that they are no better or worse than any other form of life on this planet. We're not special, we just are.

That would be you. Why?

"...the explanation is God did it." Pure STUPIDITY. There is no proof that any god ever existed, created anything or had a hand in anything. Again, you need have your hand held to make you feel complete.

Pathetic.
Drop the insults and present your argument. What proof do you have for a natural cause explanation for the universe?

As time progresses, science looks increasing stupid for proposing hair brain theories, The most famous to date is the most stupid theory ever --- multiple universes. What's amazing is that Stephen Hawking, one of the world's greatest scientist, proposed it.

Present a rational theory, then you can gloat over science's superiority.

Unless supported by empirical evidence, scientific hypotheses about the universe are myths.



Last edited by Cnance : 03-15-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BIGGEST SCAM Of ALL TIME... FEDERAL RESERVE... BANKS... IRS FTC-SCAMS.COM Government Scams 2 09-02-2013 09:11 AM
E-gold: Biggest scam of all time? Ponzi_Nemesis Internet Scams 0 12-18-2005 11:37 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the Userís own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.