report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Freedom. Love it. Cherish it. Acquire it. Keep it.

Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Religion, in general, tends to shut down all logic and reason. It trades rationality and verifiable facts for blind beliefs and apocryphal tales.

Religion offers cheap "explanations" for human experiences and the human condition without any care for rigor or validity. If may offer you lots of "feel goods", but very little in actual substance.

Worse, some blind believers of some of these religions actually are lead to do extremely whacky things -- like fly planes into buildings or kill doctors. Like committing mass suicides or even mass murders.

Religion is extremely dangerous. While I support the rights of everyone to believe what they want, I also assert the personal responsibility behind what beliefs you personally choose to engage. You shall be held actually responsible for any and all actions you may make as a result of your beliefs.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Religion -- the Biggest Scam of all Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFred View Post
Religion, in general, tends to shut down all logic and reason. It trades rationality and verifiable facts for blind beliefs and apocryphal tales.

Religion offers cheap "explanations" for human experiences and the human condition without any care for rigor or validity. If may offer you lots of "feel goods", but very little in actual substance.

Worse, some blind believers of some of these religions actually are lead to do extremely whacky things -- like fly planes into buildings or kill doctors. Like committing mass suicides or even mass murders.

Religion is extremely dangerous. While I support the rights of everyone to believe what they want, I also assert the personal responsibility behind what beliefs you personally choose to engage. You shall be held actually responsible for any and all actions you may make as a result of your beliefs.
You may be partly right. However, the burden of proof is on atheist to demonstrate that God doesn't exist.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
You may be partly right. However, the burden of proof is on atheist to demonstrate that God doesn't exist.
No...
The burden of proof is on the theist.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:33 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
You are an atheist with regard to every other of the myriad gods humanity has invented.

If you are correct, the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that those gods dont exist.

I think you can see how silly that is.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:59 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomFred View Post

I am with you in intent, but may I correct you? The problem is not that the world's ideologies are the root of all evil but that they are old, much to old, even obsolete. They need to be replaced and our secular ideology has failed because it has proven to be unabgle to do that. To bring unity to the world, we need an advanced new science-based ideology.

Ideology is important because it is the only thing that determines how we think. Without any common belief system, we are unable to agree on anything and, hence, incapable of cooperating to achieve any common goal. Currently, we are using our secular ideology to think with.

You see, we are social group primates and can feel instinctively close to only at most a couple hundred people and normally no compassion for others not in the group. We have to credit our ideological system with spreading that group sense of unity and security from small hunting/gathering groups we are used to living in, now to ones millions of people in size.

More on this subject is in my website at civilization-overview dot com

Old 03-14-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
There is no burden of proof.

I believe x.

You believe y.

that is all that is needed.

Unless of course you wish to kill someone for believing other than you.

Or you wish to coerce someone to believe the same as you.

but there is no burden of proof for belief.
There is always burden of proof on a person asserting a claim.

Old 03-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Quote:
No, it's not. The burden of proof is on the theist.

I claim that miniature pink unicorn created the universe...matter of fact, I know it. Now prove me wrong.

You fail AGAIN.
"I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle View Post
You are an atheist with regard to every other of the myriad gods humanity has invented.

If you are correct, the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that those gods dont exist.

I think you can see how silly that is.
I think you hit the nail on the head. However, I'm in a quandary. As before, there is no empirical proof for God. Much of the problem is because God has assumed a policy of nonintervention with regard to earth. I don't know the reason, but after the fall of paradise, most of what happened was the natural order of things.

Nothing has changed. God created the universe as a PRISON for Satan. You know the rest of the story, I've posted it many times.

Upon examination, it sounds silly because it violates what humans want. However, strange as it sounds, it's true.

Last edited by Cnance : 03-14-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
No, it's not. The burden of proof is on the theist.

I claim that miniature pink unicorn created the universe...matter of fact, I know it. Now prove me wrong.

You fail AGAIN.
What I've discovered on my journey through scientific theories is that there are as many MYTHS proposed by science about the creation of the universe as there are religions. Think about that!

People who live in glass houses shouldn't through stones.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:20 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Nothing has changed. God created the universe as a PRISON for Satan. You know the rest of the story, I've posted it many times.

Upon examination, it sounds silly because it violates what humans want. However, strange as it sounds, it's true.
First, sounding silly doesnt mean something isnt true. Most Americans it seems think evolution sounds silly, and reject it, but its patently true.

So what differenciates one "silly" sounding idea from another? Evidence.

And so I dont reject your beliefs because they sound silly, and "humans" (if you mean atheists) dont reject the existence of gods because they sound silly, or because they arent "what we want".

We reject them because there is no evidence.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:01 AM

Quote:
What I've discovered on my journey through scientific theories is that there are as many MYTHS proposed by science about the creation of the universe as there are religions. Think about that!

People who live in glass houses shouldn't through stones.
Hollow threat of knowledge.
"I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:04 AM

Quote:
I think you hit the nail on the head. However, I'm in a quandary. As before, there is no empirical proof for God. Much of the problem is because God has assumed a policy of nonintervention with regard to earth. I don't know the reason, but after the fall of paradise, most of what happened was the natural order of things.
No proof of god.

Quote:
Fantasy based on your dream. (see No proof of god)

Quote:
Occam's Razor. No, it sounds silly because it is.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:03 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle View Post
First, sounding silly doesnt mean something isnt true. Most Americans it seems think evolution sounds silly, and reject it, but its patently true.
Tsk tsk, thistle. These forums are not representative of most Americans. At least not the formally educated ones.

Plenty of us know what we're talking about :)

Old 03-15-2011, 05:37 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturefreak2101 View Post
Tsk tsk, thistle. These forums are not representative of most Americans. At least not the formally educated ones.

Plenty of us know what we're talking about :)
Sure, I certainly dont make any assumptions about any country or politics from the nuts on this site, lol.

But wikipedia suggests in 2005 only 40% of Americans accepted evolution, scarily on a downward trend. WE know its true, ie sensible Americans know its true, my point was just that the incredulity of a majority doesnt mean something isnt true.

I think I sneaked out of that one ...

Old 03-15-2011, 08:42 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
No proof of god.

Fantasy based on your dream. (see No proof of god)

Occam's Razor. No, it sounds silly because it is.
Silly is the multiple universe idea for creation, silly is the idea of no beginning, silly is the idea that the universe as always been the way it is, silly that science can explain natural processes but not produce one.

The important question is who created the universe. Until science can show how the universe came about from natural causes, the explanation is God did it.

My dreams have nothing to do with questions raised. Address the argument.

If you can't explain how the universe came from natural causes, then it's a stand off. I have no empirical proof for God and you have no empirical proof for one single natural cause explanation.

You claim god is a myth. I claim scientific explanations without evidence are myths. It's a stand off.

Last edited by Cnance : 03-16-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
The important question is who created the universe. Until science can show how the universe came about from natural causes, the explanation is God did it.
No "who" needed...well, only for those who need to have their hands held...for those who need to feel they are greater than all other life forms because they are insecure in the FACT that they are no better or worse than any other form of life on this planet. We're not special, we just are.

That would be you. Why?

"...the explanation is God did it." Pure STUPIDITY. There is no proof that any god ever existed, created anything or had a hand in anything. Again, you need have your hand held to make you feel complete.

Pathetic.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Silly is the multiple universe idea for creation, silly is the idea of no beginning, silly is the idea that the universe as always been the way it is, silly that science can explain natural processed but not produce one.
Silly because you need to believe in your Pink Unicorn Sky Fairy. Your belief is based on nothing more than a desire to feel special.

As for you moronic comment, there is plenty of evidence for expanding/contracting Universe and a paradigm of thought that only make sense in a multi-universe context...and while these are only hypotheses at this point...there is science and mathematics behind them.

Unlike your belief which lacks even the smallest amount of evidence or logic to be elevated to a hypothesis.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:02 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
No "who" needed...well, only for those who need to have their hands held...for those who need to feel they are greater than all other life forms because they are insecure in the FACT that they are no better or worse than any other form of life on this planet. We're not special, we just are.

That would be you. Why?

"...the explanation is God did it." Pure STUPIDITY. There is no proof that any god ever existed, created anything or had a hand in anything. Again, you need have your hand held to make you feel complete.

Pathetic.
Drop the insults and present your argument. What proof do you have for a natural cause explanation for the universe?

As time progresses, science looks increasing stupid for proposing hair brain theories, The most famous to date is the most stupid theory ever --- multiple universes. What's amazing is that Stephen Hawking, one of the world's greatest scientist, proposed it.

Present a rational theory, then you can gloat over science's superiority.

Unless supported by empirical evidence, scientific hypotheses about the universe are myths.

Last edited by Cnance : 03-15-2011 at 10:07 AM.