report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Auction Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2011, 12:00 PM

Listia Scam

I had the misfortune to deal with this "Free" items auction website called Listia. After recommending friends, completing their signin bonuses, and selling a few items, I had amassed a small fortune (I would guess), of about 4000 in "Credits". I bid on a few items, but always seemed to be out-bid, curiously no matter how much I committed. Such is not unusual with auctions.
However, one day I went to sign in, and was informed my account was suspended. I figured I had been hacked, and wrote the "Help" (A grave misnomer). I later checked my e-mail, and was told it was for "Violations of the Rules" with a link to the rules webpage. I read all the rules top to bottom, with no clarity, so I wrote again, and again, and again. Never have I heard any more responses. My items and payments were kept.
These were only Worldly Goods, they will Pay for them in time, as no Deed goes Unnoticeed. I've prayed for the thiefs, but I'd feel Gifted by the Lord should they find their way into Our Church.

Blessing to All- Live Well

Last edited by Administrator : 03-10-2014 at 08:02 AM.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:59 PM

Re: Listia Auction Scam

I am a banned listia member, reason why I got banned, because a banned listia member have the same shipping address together with me, they think that 2 people use the same shipping address must be one person and is trying to fraud other people

Some of you may ask, why your family used one address other member can not use the same address because listia would only verify one address only once and not even twice ... 2 or more use same shipping , if different people (whole family same surname), different christian names, would listia ban them?

WOULD, THEY WOULD BAN ANY 2+ MEMBERS WITH SAME HOUSE NUMBER IN SHIPPING ADDRESS

at least my freinds and I got banned due to repeated shipping address.

Listia is a serious scam page. some people even got banned after they paypal to listia.com on listia credits due to the reason that "NORMAL LISTIA MEMBER SHOULD NOT HAVE SO HIGH CREDIT AMOUNTS".

Same shipping address, one person has 2 or more people in family or friendlist, already have 2 people possibly using your address to send items to you. if your birthday, they go listia to buy items, right?

but listia would think that both people are same person to you and ban everyone with same shipping address.

ask yourself one important question, Are you going to murder your freind and family for listia?

Especially there are innocent people who really dont know that their freinds used their address and used his/her own address in listia, then he/she and that friend (those friends) are all suspended.....yes think how and we are.....

one IP only one computer thing. people in same IP first 3 number groups are using listia, then your IP and their IP would be banned and called SAME PERSON TOGETHER. this is bullshit. Any Computer with same 3 IP or similar first 3 IP are called your IP. to listia. period.

so yes listia must be :2 gunsfiring_v1::2gu nsfiring_v1::2guns firing_v1:(eliminated) from internet to avoid giving people serious mental loss.

Last edited by Administrator : 03-10-2014 at 08:03 AM.

Old 03-10-2014, 12:23 AM

Re: Listia Scams

Any 2 listia member use same shipping address are definitely being suspended that listia did not even go warn listia existing members.

Old 03-10-2014, 06:45 AM

Re: Listia Auction Scams

I hate people who cheat and tell lies, listia staff, stop being so fake hearted by saying your page is nice, I have a friend who got suspended on 3rd march 2014, he today cried that he was innocent when being banned.

listia dare to say that my friend have mistake so being banned.

We ordinary people who never work anytime for listia (even if work for listia, SORRY NO, work in listia must tell lies, why bother working there.) are the one who is telling the truth on listia

those who said listia is a great site, if you guys look carefully you will know what happen and what is wrong

yes all posts are listia employee doing

we dont need such decoration or circus act. we dont need to do any circus act.

being a banned listia member, let me tell people my banned reason

Same shipping address with listia (at least one member) member.

listia would not allow/tolerate 2 people or more people with same ship add even if your receiver are not the same person. they only judge by shipping address

I dont wanna work in listia. if working in listia must have to write fake words that LISTIA A NICE PAGE, I AM TOUCHED

my freind cried today. I think I wish to let people know listia would never care how long your membership is, they ban people as they wished.

so I would just tell people about how I think alright.

Listia has no heart, this page is a damn page. a damned page that must be banned from internet to avoid ruin people and give people mental loss

9 out of 10 people dislike this page.

do you know why

do you know that, when you sending mails in listia,com listia staff can read your messages. some banned people got hunted when they write LISTIA IS BAD PAGE on messages. or if you write things that speaks listia is bad page, you will be banned.

shipping address is a big reason why many were banned. 2 people or more with one address when you win items, you are banned.

the worst moments are, some moments, you won sellers items, listia ban you without let you write the shipping address. seller really guess that you left listia and forgo the item

yes listia is very harsh.

sometimes if you were banned, you even got no opportunity to check back the items you bidded, especially if you win great gorgeous items, but listia does not give you anymore chance to write shipping address but just perm ban you without any reasons.

even if a person is banned, let them write their final address before listia ban them I think it's not a harsh request. but listia, especially if you got banned, you can never have this chance.

I hate listia. I hate it.

listia, those who write listia good site, are all listia hired people or listia employee.

thank you very much for let me write this note.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:50 PM
Bronze Member

Well even Ebay is notorious for being unreasonable with their members, so with a lesser known site such as Listia, people should be cautious that it may be a shady site. At least the members who will read it will consider themselves warned.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:09 AM

can you block people whom you know, use listia or write your shipping address or write same shipping address with you.

then IP thing let me tell you what happen

netvigator, my home use netvigator, library also netvigator, library are 202 head no matter which HONGKONG library, even if tuen mun, tsuen wan, sha tin, laguna city, Causeway bay, central, wanchai , victoria harbor, or aberdeen.

all 202.40.XXX.XXX IP

but library not only 2-3 computers. but listia only judge by FIRST 3 NUMBER on your IP address

/Listia judge if you have multiple account or same person by FIRST THREE IP ADDRESS NUMBER

FIRST 3 DIGITS

netvigator, has a habit, let me show you guys. every 5 days, netvigator would give another new IP to you. that is it.

can you force your ISP (internet service provider) give that same 3 digits just for you and nobody else?

can you force those who got the 3 digits you registered in listia, REALLY PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER IN LISTIA

can you do that?

yes it's difficult not to be suspended.

esp. listia.com rules are even retarded.

same IP are you. man, how can you make sure others who use the same 3 digits you registered in listia, NOT TO REGISTER IN LISTIA ON THEIR OWN.

if they do that, yes listia catch them and you together and suspend all people together.

esp this rule, "2 people can not write identical shipping address"

that is even retarded than anyone. ebay also let you to have 2 people same ship add.

but listia, 2 people same ship add are called one person pretending to be 2 people trying to fraud.

some sellers claim that you must have a verified address to send free US shipping items. if you no verified they not send. this is shady. what would most of us think right

if you really have the item why you not send to others,

banned people are not deceased people. NOT DECEASED, you must still send, you still gotta send if anyone bid on your item. not because the winner is banned they cant have the items

yes there are a lot of troubles on listia

I would tell people, NOT USE PAYPAL ON LISTIA

if you use you may be PAY TO GET BANNED

do not supprot listia. most people can not stay any longer.

Sperkins28 in listia is the only one who spread that he is 4 yr only those who are bad devils violate the rules, but when the number of banned listia members increase, can you still say that because ALL THOSE MANY PEOPLE ALL VIOLATE RULE so banned by listia is reasonable?

when the amount of people banned from listia staff start to rise to a very unreasonable amount/number, can you still claim that those people are sinful so listia ban them very correctly?

yes the amount of suspended listia.com members are increasing.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:12 AM

Re: Listia Scam

Listia judge if you have multiple account or same person by FIRST THREE IP ADDRESS NUMBER

FIRST 3 DIGITS

shipping address suspension if 2 listia members have same shipping address

when you give address to 2 people or more people you must have to be very careful or ask them if they used your address in listia first.

any address only got automatically verified only on the first attempt

2nd typing of the same address would pull 1st address typer out then suspend both people. then upcoming people with that address are banned in seconds to minutes.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:13 AM

DO NOT BELIEVE sperkins28 in listia, he is too lucky that his IP is luckily not being used by other person to open / register listia account so he can stay for 4 yrs. others who use listia can never stay any longer, dont even say to go for 4 yrs.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:14 AM

Same shipping address 2+ accounts in listia are suspension without giving chance

Same shipping address 2+ accounts in listia are suspension without giving chance

Old 03-12-2014, 05:30 AM

There is a warning to existing listia.com members, any 2 people with same shipping address even if receiver names are not the same person, listia.com would still suspend the people that has same shipping address. the grey box (so-called LISTIA ADDRESS VERIFICATION SYSTEM) that you have to give your shipping address after you won the item, right? Be noted that each address in any country can only be verified once and second attempt on same address will only lead to Listia relevent members' profile suspension.

Old 03-16-2014, 05:40 AM
Newbie Member

Listia isn't a scam, but it should no longer be an interest of anyone to join at this point. If you want to get rid of stuff, go to your local goodwill store, Craigslist, eBay, or the classifieds area of your favorite message board.

Nothing in life is free, except the air you breathe.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:34 AM
I am new at Scam.com

The concept of the site isn't a scam but the business has some very bad business practices.

I've made a post about one of their business practices on raffles and how they violate state and provincial laws. In some states or provinces they are considered an illegal lottery.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=586009

Old 03-20-2014, 02:19 AM

Now listia.com gets more and more unreasonable and inhumane to people, they not only suspend people speedy, they even delete 3 yr members and even got remove people's name on auctions.

When my freinds and I are trying to bid on items, and we bid all 4307 points on every items we bidded due to we were suspended before, and do you know what happened to all of us who bidded.

when those relevent auctions nearly end, listia REMOVED OUR NAMES OUT and even say that multipled accounts.

what kind of shit service is listia. listia is scam

scam - free account can only go up to 4307 points. or now, 4105 points. if you need use paypal money to buy listia credits, this is already SCAM

scam - you need to pay money on online site. to be deceived and suspended in future.

Old 03-20-2014, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling Down View Post
Listia isn't a scam, but it should no longer be an interest of anyone to join at this point. If you want to get rid of stuff, go to your local goodwill store, Craigslist, eBay, or the classifieds area of your favorite message board.

Nothing in life is free, except the air you breathe.
listia is scam

scam - free account can only go up to 4307 points. or now, 4105 points. if you need use paypal money to buy listia credits, this is already SCAM

scam - you need to pay money on online site. to be deceived and suspended in future.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:14 AM

Listia state what do you guys know

even if you win auction, if you are suspended nuts page on member profile, sellers can just relist the item without sending to you, this kind of thing is not scam ? ? ? ?

if that is not called SCAM , then what is "real scam">?

Old 03-20-2014, 03:14 AM

I suspect those sellers who said your address not verified, you are banned so they not sent, may not even have the items they listed.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:17 AM

Do you guys think that, Banned listia members should not get what they won in listia.

yes this kind of things should not happen on anywhere. sadly listia made this come true

Old 03-20-2014, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle12.8 View Post
The concept of the site isn't a scam but the business has some very bad business practices.

I've made a post about one of their business practices on raffles and how they violate state and provincial laws. In some states or provinces they are considered an illegal lottery.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=586009
BANNED MEMBERS SUSPENDED AFTER THEY WIN LISTIA AUCTIONS, SELLERS JUST RELIST AND NOT SENDING, DO YOU THINK THIS IS REALLY NOT "SCAM">??????