report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2011, 05:40 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Is 800 Notes a scam extorting money?

Is 800 notes a scam using extortion techniques? According to this article, 800 notes and Julia Forte use extortion as a tool to remove negative blogs. Is 800 notes and Julia Forte involved in an illegal scam? Based on what the article says, she was directly involved with the clear case of extortion. If this alleged scammer, Julia Forte is extorting money, I hope she is arrested soon and chardged for these crimes. Check out this link xcomplaints.com/complaint/extortion-of-money-c156.html

Last edited by katiescorner : 01-29-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:09 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Is 800 Notes a scam extorting money?

Julia Forte of 800notes.com in Holly Springs, North Carolina allowed false complaints about me to be posted on her website, refused to take them down, added more of her own, and then tried to blackmail me to have them removed.

I own my own construction company. I am not a telemarketer and have never made a cold call for my business. One day it was brought to my attention that someone had wrote slanderous material about myself and my company on the site 800notes.com.

I visited this website, read the slanderous and hurtful false claims, then I saw that this website was regarding telemarketers and cold callers. I have never made a cold call so I located the email address of Julia Forte, the 800notes owner, and emailed her explaining that I have never made a cold call so this was clearly a false post and to please remove the post.

I also realized that Julia Forte does not check the credibility of any of the posts on her site and allows anything about anyone to be posted on there whether they are true or not. This post about me could have been made by a competitor, a disgruntled former employee, or even an old high school person I didn't get along with. I couldn't believe this site allowed just anything to be posted on there.

Julia Forte emailed me back something about how some amendment of the constitution protects her site and that she will not remove the post. I emailed her back with my direct cell phone number (my business number was the one used on the site) and asked her to please call me about the false claims and I wanted to explain that my business does not even make telemarketing calls.

Julia Forte called me alright. She told me that she'd be happy to remove the post - for a fee of $1000! I said "No thank you, Ms. Forte. That one post about me online doesn't bother me that much." Julia Forte angrily hung up the phone.

The next day I checked out the site to see if maybe Julia Forte came to her senses and removed the post. Not only did she not remove the post but suddenly THREE more posts that were much more slanderous about me were posted!! Since I told Julia the one post didn't bother me she clearly added more herself hoping that would make me pay her off to remove the posts. I refuse to give in to this woman's blackmail but it's too bad she is using the internet against innocent people to try to make her own profit. I sure hope that one day this woman's poor ethics are put to a stop.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:53 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Julia Forte with 800notes is a scammer

I am a high school math teacher and have never worked as a telemarketer or debt collector in my life. I recently noticed on 800notes.com there are complaints that I am a scammer and that I call and harass people. This is obviously not the truth based on my profession and I have found out that anyone can post things anonymously on that site whether they are true or not. It is probably a student who dislikes me. I contacted 800notes to have the posts removed since they are false. Julia Forte ignored me. I then see on her site that you can "sue the poster but not Julia" yet when I contacted Julia to give me the identity of the poster she again ignored me. I am a teacher trying to help today's youth and Julia Forte and 800notes have ruined my reputation! Julia Forte has no regard for human decency so please do not pay to advertise on her site because she is damaging innocent people's lives!

Old 06-04-2011, 09:39 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Julia Forte with 800notes.com is a thief!

I paid Julia Forte of 800notes.com in Holly Springs North Carolina to advertise on her website and she STOLE MY MONEY! Do not advertise on 800notes.com. Julia says she is trying to stop scammers but the real scammer is her!

Old 11-09-2012, 02:15 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Is 800 Notes a scam extorting money?

800notes.com is a scam...they target small or medium size businesses to extort money from them. They just deteriorate the image of the firms, by making baseless accusations & when you want them to remove theses comments they do ask for money. They have few employees (so called users) operating their websites 24/7, making sure no nice comments or posts been added to any of their threads. As the website is own & operated by their own bunch of people, they keep deleting any post or comment which are not in favor of their BUSINESS. They have done some good work by helping people know about different scams in the United States & businesses who do not follow the FTS guidlines, but i think that was just one of the ways to build their names over the internet. And behind the scenes they do all their illegitimate activities. All the users on 800notes are fake, off work few of their employees do ask for monitory favors (amount differs) to remove the negative posts.