report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2011, 03:00 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Has anyone heard of wake up now?

Has anyone heard of the MLM "wake up now" out of Utah? And if so what things have you heard? Thanks

Old 04-25-2011, 11:52 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Has anyone heard of wake up now?

Oh, I've heard of them. I'll give them till April 29th to settle their bill with me and then I'll post what I know about them. As of right now all I can say is that they have owed me $8000 for nearly 8 months and have paid only $500 of it to me. They have until April 29th to pay my very generous settlement offer of $5500 and then I file my claim against them in Small Claims Court as well as with the FTC, Labor Commission, and Attorney General's office. I've got a list of complaints against them which span much further than contract violations with employees. So Google Wake Up Now in a week and see what you find.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

you loaned money to an MLM?

Old 04-26-2011, 05:05 AM
Silver Member

Looks like Liberty League meets My Harvest America meets Infinity Downline.. I find it "odd" that the compensation is listed under "Products" on their website. walk away. no wait.... RUN!

Old 05-02-2011, 05:22 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
you loaned money to an MLM?
No, it wasn't a loan. I actually worked for them in their corporate office. They allowed me to work all of June and then in July advised me they wouldn't be able to pay me. I continued to work in July, but it became apparent that they were trying to cut me out of the loop and I finally tendered my resignation on August 1st.

The funny thing is that now they are telling their attorney that I abandoned my job in June and got another one. funny... I don't recall starting any new positions until September. They are so willing to lie in this matter that it isn't even funny. That's ok though. I've got everything so well documented that they are just digging a deeper and deeper hole. Small Claims Court judges love to see companies who lie to avoid responsibility and then get caught in those lies. I'm half tempted to find a lawyer and file a civil suit against them to collect punitive damages, but I'm not greedy like that. I just want what they owe me and I'll call it quits. They appear to want to do this the hard way though...

Old 05-11-2011, 06:41 AM
I am new at Scam.com

My dispute with Wake Up Now is closed. Regardless of any issues I have with them as an employee, I still encourage people to explore what they have to offer and evaluate for themselves if it is something which will work in their lives. The country is upside down in debt and I have always felt strongly that the product Wake Up Now offers is an amazing way to change lives for the better. If they were a scam then they would have been shut down long ago, but I believe they will continue to grow as more people discover what it is that they have to offer. Once they get past the stigma of being a network marketing company, I believe people will see that this is probably one of the best ways to market this type of thing because it puts those who need the product the most in contact with people who could really help them. You should evaluate the product Wake Up Now offers based on what you need and forget about what other people tell you about network marketing. You don't have to sell it in order to use it. Look at the product and take the network marketing element out of the equation. If you are looking for a way to get control of your finances and get back on track, then I don't know of anything else like what they sell. That is the honest truth.

Old 05-11-2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth and Integrity View Post
My dispute with Wake Up Now is closed. Regardless of any issues I have with them as an employee, I still encourage people to explore what they have to offer and evaluate for themselves if it is something which will work in their lives. The country is upside down in debt and I have always felt strongly that the product Wake Up Now offers is an amazing way to change lives for the better. If they were a scam then they would have been shut down long ago, but I believe they will continue to grow as more people discover what it is that they have to offer. Once they get past the stigma of being a network marketing company, I believe people will see that this is probably one of the best ways to market this type of thing because it puts those who need the product the most in contact with people who could really help them. You should evaluate the product Wake Up Now offers based on what you need and forget about what other people tell you about network marketing. You don't have to sell it in order to use it. Look at the product and take the network marketing element out of the equation. If you are looking for a way to get control of your finances and get back on track, then I don't know of anything else like what they sell. That is the honest truth.
How did your dispute end? That would definitely help people make their decision. Especially with a company that had no troubles lying about your employment history.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Communications Manager of wakeupnow

I am the Communications Manager with wakeupnow and am so sorry to hear about that discrepancy with the contracted employee but am so glad that it was settled on good terms.
For those who are curious, wakeupnow reaches its 2 year mark in September and is well on its way towards many more years of growth. With changes in the corporate staff and a product that the world needs, wakeupnow is bound to become a household name for helping America get out of debt one person at a time. I invite people to learn more at wakeupnow.com and to please feel free to email me at communications@wakeupnowinc.com. I am ready and willing to answer all of your questions.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:34 AM
I am new at Scam.com

^ from the looks of it definitely some interesting sales tactics....

Old 05-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Don't pet an angry bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finelinez View Post
^ from the looks of it definitely some interesting sales tactics....
Oh god this thread is classic. Not sure why people bump these but glad they do. Here is a person coming on swearing to take a company down for not paying him. Then he gets paid and sings praise. Perfect analog to a huge chunk of the business, its all about the money.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:54 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I concur, that thread with the phony complaint that miraculously got resolved is very SUSPECT and classic. We may have been born at night, but not last night...smh #TeamSmartCookie

Old 07-22-2013, 02:59 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
Has anyone heard of the MLM "wake up now" out of Utah? And if so what things have you heard? Thanks
If you really want a good company that speaks the truth and makes you the money they tell you, WakeUpNow is the right spot. Spots around the U.S. are filling fast. Come join now. For more information contact me at jr92139@gmail.com.