report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2011, 10:58 AM
I am new at Scam.com

ROCKMYLOVE64 or Prince Charming on MATCH.COM

Beware of someone (alexcrimmins62@yahoo.com) claiming to be your prince charming there to make your dreams come true on Match.com. States he is a widow of 10 years with a young son raising him alone, very eager to find his match. No family - parents died.Quickly has you move all your communication over to Yahoo Messenger. Swoops you in by alot of quoted love material, pet names, promises of a future with his $1.5 project in West Africa to be completed in a couple of weeks (and just happens to be returning to whatever area you are in)! This goes on for about one week - then the bombshell - a sob story about losing his wallet holding all his remaining money ($4000) before he gets paid on the project and has no money to feed his son so ASKS YOU for $500 or any amount to feed he and his son! I even led him along once the light bulb went on that he was a total SCAM to see how stupid he would really think I was but never once fell for the actual ridiculous request for money. I am reporting this so other people don't waste the time I did and it makes me not want to participate in the online dating experience ever again. Maybe it works for others but NOT ME!

Old 01-25-2011, 05:12 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Re: ROCKMYLOVE64 or Prince Charming on MATCH.COM

Glad to read that you saw through that scammer's story.

Thanks for posting up the email address and story line from that scammer. If you still have them, you could also post up the emails themselves. Making a scammer's scam googlable is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post and then does not become a victim because you took the time to "get the word out". Thanks!!

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, ask questions and learn all about that hobby.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 01-30-2011, 06:58 AM
I am new at Scam.com

funluvhunt11

48, Smithfield, VA, US
Seeking women 40-55
Additional profile information unavailable

I'm sorry to admit that he convinced me to send him money. Not enough to make or break me, except maybe to break my heart. Be careful girls, these guys/girls are good! If Nigeria is mentioned in his/her travels or he/she sends an airline itinerary, check the flight. IT"S NOT REAL.....
I hope whoever the picture is on Match.com survives this. I hope they don't use my pictures next!
I am an intellegent, professional woman who would NEVER fall for this.....but I did and you could, too. BEWARE! The love letters start out long and lovely and all about finding love and what he/she has lost. Usually there is a spouse/fiancee that has been lost and a child still with him/her. Good luck

Old 01-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Sorry to read that you lost money to a scammer but happy that you found Scam to post your story. There are sites devoted to posting the pictures used by scammers, their email addresses, phone numbers and the emails themselves.

Making a scammer's scam googlable is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post and then does not become a victim because you took the time to "get the word out". Thanks!!

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, ask questions and learn all about that hobby.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 01-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Silver Member

i am new to match.com and i notice a lot of scammers on there. most of them post beautiful pictures, but one dead giveaway is most of them state they are in their late 20's looking for men from 40-60. i report all of them and match deletes their profiles.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Newbie Member

oh there are actually thousands of scams similar to this... please don't fall to this. no prince charming will ever contact you with such promises. Don't be fooled@

Old 02-21-2011, 05:33 PM
I am new at Scam.com

There is someone similar with the email address of alex0147@yahoo.com who goes by the name of Alex Donald... has one daughter, is a contractor from London who travels the world for business. He never did ask for money, but was eager to come to the states to meet me and willing to relocate. A guy by the name of Tommy Richards did ask for money. Says he is an antiques dealer and in England where they won't cash any checks for him. Says he is Swedish. Like you, I didn't fall for it and makes me very weary of online dating, although I know of many people who have had great luck with them.