report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Corporate Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Scammed Buyer

Green Dot Prepaid Card Scam

No matter what you do, don't ever buy a green dot prepaid credit card. Use Netspend if you are smart, you'll save a lot of money and headaches. Green dot costs $10 for the card, and $4.95 to load it. The funds are never available for hours , sometimes days. And there customer service reps are from The Phillipines. They are the biggest liars. Their commercial says the card is good for purchases immediately, and worldwide. Well hear this. I put $100 on a new card, went to make a purchase from overseas, and declined, 3 times. Now, I called them and they told me for security purposes, the temp card doesn't work overseas. So I asked their CS rep where he's from, he said the US. I said "what?", then he said I am from Phillipines, and my company is from the US. I told him I can't make a purchase from overseas, but they could hire from there? Not too fair. Plus, it's false advertisement. Then I told him I want my $100 bucks back, and the load fee of $4.95, he said yes, 2-4 weeks you get check. An hour later my purchase is put through.

They sent me a permanent card in the mail. Like a dummy, I needed a card to use for my online business, and loaded $400 dollars on it. I added it for payment to my distributors account. First purchase declined. I tried to buy something online.. Declined. I log into my checking account, try to add funds, the bank account has a charge and then $25 overdraft. Then my site makes a sale through PayPal. No funds, denied, lost 12.95. I want them to pay all of it. My green dot account says $400 loaded, but $2.95 available. Ripped off. So much for immediate usage like they advertise. I think a nice law suit is in the house. Ladies and Gents, do not buy these piece of s#€t cards, they charge a monthly maintenance fee for non usage, plus a per purchase price too. My card loses like $4 per month If I don't load $1000.

It really sucks the big one of Abraham... Bad!

Old 02-02-2011, 08:05 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Green Dot Prepaid Card Scam

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']We are truly sorry for any inconvenience. Green Dot is committed to offering our Customers the best value for their money. We never charge overdraft, penalty, per purchase or customer service fees. And customers don’t pay the monthly charge in any month they make at least 30 purchases or load $1000. Plus Direct Deposit reloads and cash withdrawals at thousands of participating ATMs are FREE! We have done our best to highlight our simple fee plan and card guidelines by clearly posting them on our card packaging and website. We have an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau, the leader in advancing marketplace trust. But, we do understand that this card may not be a perfect fit for everyone.[/font]

Please email us at custcareref@greendotcorp.com including your full name and a contact number if you are in need of further assist you.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dot Corporation View Post
We never charge overdraft, penalty, per purchase or customer service fees. And customers don’t pay the monthly charge in any month they make at least 30 purchases or load $1000. Plus Direct Deposit reloads and cash withdrawals at thousands of participating ATMs are FREE!
Gee, thanks for restating what the OP already said, how precisely is that helpful or are you just posting an ad here?

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 02-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Hating everyone equally since 1966

Personally, I use account now.

$9.95 activation fee, and 4.95/month fee, no per-use fees except for ATM, netspend charges $1.00 for a purchase, even a 79c candy bar!

Old 02-22-2011, 06:10 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brywilson2 View Post
Personally, I use account now.

$9.95 activation fee, and 4.95/month fee, no per-use fees except for ATM, netspend charges $1.00 for a purchase, even a 79c candy bar!
Personally I use something called a bank... you know... debit? free purchases, unless its gas or some piece of junk 45 cent purchase fee at a gas station.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianM View Post
Personally I use something called a bank... you know... debit? free purchases, unless its gas or some piece of junk 45 cent purchase fee at a gas station.
Did you ever get your account wiped out from purchases online?

I did, that's why I spend a little extra on prepaid to protect my money. Load whatever you need to spend on the card, and thieves can't take anything because it is not there. But, when you use Green Dot, you pay ten bucks for the card, and $4.95 everytime you load it. You can only load it in preset increments, like$20, $50 $100, $200, $400 at a time. Netspend is designed for somebody like me. $10 to buy the card... Then $1 to load any custom amount you want... then a $1 fee when you buy something online...

With Green Dot, I needed to load $725 ... so do the math, and figure out what it cost me...cost me $20 to load it... and I have $25 I have to withdraw adding an atm fee of $2..
So they robbed me of $22 bucks, and the funds aren't even immediately available because the service sucks... Netspend is right there all the time. And If there is a problem, they have Americans on the line helping you, not Philipinos or Pakistanis

Old 02-24-2011, 09:35 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Electronic View Post
Did you ever get your account wiped out from purchases online?

I did, that's why I spend a little extra on prepaid to protect my money. Load whatever you need to spend on the card, and thieves can't take anything because it is not there. But, when you use Green Dot, you pay ten bucks for the card, and $4.95 everytime you load it. You can only load it in preset increments, like$20, $50 $100, $200, $400 at a time. Netspend is designed for somebody like me. $10 to buy the card... Then $1 to load any custom amount you want... then a $1 fee when you buy something online...

With Green Dot, I needed to load $725 ... so do the math, and figure out what it cost me...cost me $20 to load it... and I have $25 I have to withdraw adding an atm fee of $2..
So they robbed me of $22 bucks, and the funds aren't even immediately available because the service sucks... Netspend is right there all the time. And If there is a problem, they have Americans on the line helping you, not Philipinos or Pakistanis
My bank is free deposit, free debit, and free ATM... if its at the location which is just fine with me to be honest.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:36 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dot Corporation View Post
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']We have an “A+” rating with the Better Business Bureau, the leader in advancing marketplace trust.
If you look at these sites, people often wonder just WHY Green DOT has an A+ rating. Including ME! http://www.trustlink.org/Ask-The-Com...-A-rating-4598

http://www.trustlink.org/Reviews/Gre...tion-205924704

I purchased a Green Dot card to have my direct deposit. At that time, I lived at the YMCA here in Phoenix, AZ. I had no problems but, as soon as I move to a real apartment complex, they cancel my card and say, "I'm sharing my personal information and that at least 10 other people have Green dot cards at my apartment complex." Greendot obviously don't recognize individual apartments as ONE household! I am only the second person to ever occupy my apartment as they are kind of new. Well, they sent back my direct deposit and it took over three weeks for me to be reissued my money. However, I incurred $75 in late fees and, an eviction notice that goes against my credit rating. MAJOR damages! No, the BBB does not help! Green dot did however offer me $25 for my troubles (Cara Almon) called me and she offered that. Humm, $75 out of pocket late fees and a damaged credit. Do they really think that $25 will ** me off? NO! Green dot are thieves, scammers and they discriminate!
If any one wants a good card, get Bank Freedom! bankfreedom.com I've used them since Green Dot and, I have had no problems with them at all!

Old 01-04-2012, 09:03 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Watch Out for Overdrafts: Green Dot Cards

I am so MAD! Green Dot is supposed to be a "Prepaid" credit card. I had my SSI and Disability direct deposited onto mine. Three weeks ago I log into my account and see that I was supposedly $298.00 OVERDRAWN!!! Now I ask you, how can you be overdrawn on a PREPAID account??? So I canceled my account. Now the SSA accidentally sent my direct deposit to my Green Dot account (which was CANCELLED three weeks ago. Yet Green Dot has NOT returned those funds to the treasury so that they cpuld send it to me. As a result I am at risk of losing the roof over my head and my power (and it is in the 20's here). I have reported them to the FDIC because the FDIC backs Synovus Bank (which is the bank the Green Dot Corporation uses!! Check your account closely if you still have a Green Dot card!!!

Old 01-04-2012, 09:05 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt D View Post
If you look at these sites, people often wonder just WHY Green DOT has an A+ rating. Including ME! http://www.trustlink.org/Ask-The-Com...-A-rating-4598

http://www.trustlink.org/Reviews/Gre...tion-205924704

I purchased a Green Dot card to have my direct deposit. At that time, I lived at the YMCA here in Phoenix, AZ. I had no problems but, as soon as I move to a real apartment complex, they cancel my card and say, "I'm sharing my personal information and that at least 10 other people have Green dot cards at my apartment complex." Greendot obviously don't recognize individual apartments as ONE household! I am only the second person to ever occupy my apartment as they are kind of new. Well, they sent back my direct deposit and it took over three weeks for me to be reissued my money. However, I incurred $75 in late fees and, an eviction notice that goes against my credit rating. MAJOR damages! No, the BBB does not help! Green dot did however offer me $25 for my troubles (Cara Almon) called me and she offered that. Humm, $75 out of pocket late fees and a damaged credit. Do they really think that $25 will ** me off? NO! Green dot are thieves, scammers and they discriminate!
If any one wants a good card, get Bank Freedom! bankfreedom.com I've used them since Green Dot and, I have had no problems with them at all!
yes! They tried to charge me $298.00 in an overdraft!!! HOW can you have an overdraft on a prepaid card? I reported them to the FDIC.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:35 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I was scammed by emporiumcloseout.com out of a purchase for a new toolbox. I paid for the tool box with a GreenDot MoneyPak. After getting an email confirmation that my order was received and processing, a week went by. Then, it turns out this “company” has disappeared- website is offline, phone disconnected, emails are bouncing back.
So I contact GreenDot to dispute the transaction.

GreenDot Corp. stated they knew where the funds went. They have some person’s name, address, contact information and won’t release it without a subpoena. Since that card where my MoneyPak was loaded has no money in it, they (GreenDot) won’t refund me my money. GreenDot is protecting the guilty, and making it near impossible for the victim to resolve a loss.
Having done some browsing on the internet regarding GreenDot complaints, there are more bad than good.

I am hoping to get the attention of a class action lawyer, to take action against Green Dot Corporation.

Please visit my Facebook page and tell your story.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Green-Dot-Scam/363956476967377?skip_nax_wizard=true