report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Newbie Member

freecreditscore.com is a scam

http://www.freecreditscore.com/ is a scam its not free i had to pay $12,99 per day its a scam do not try i got rid if it in 7 days

Last edited by roozie1 : 12-29-2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: fixed a typo

Old 12-30-2010, 10:42 AM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Re: freecreditscore.com is a scam

I wouldn't consider them a scam or even a scheme. Unlike a lot of the "free trial" sites that DO NOT tell you upfront that your card will be charged, freecreditscore puts it right on the front page in plain view and even normal size print:

"When you order your free Credit Score here, you will begin your 7-day trial membership in Triple Advantage®. If you don't cancel your membership within the 7-day trial period*, you will be billed $14.95 for each month that you continue your membership."

Old 04-11-2011, 05:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I wanted to check my score, got the 7 day trial and forgot to cancel. When I saw the charges on my bank statement, it prompted me to cancel at that time. I went to log-in, the site did not recognize me, I tried to use their help, and it did not recognize me either. I called their service desk on Monday, and went through their automated system and it sent me a temporary password. I tried to log-in and it did not work. I talked to a representative in person. I explained that I was upset that I was just charged and now I cannot get in. He had the nerve to ask how my day was going. He sent me another e-mail, and it did not work. He sent me a third e-mail, now it finally works. I asked him to cancel it right then and there. He offered me the same service for 50% off when I asked him to cancel it. The phone call to the representative took 25 minutes. I do not think this is a legitimate site.

Last edited by mumbles : 04-11-2011 at 06:02 AM.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:14 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Yes, it is a scam. I signed up for the free trial and the next day i had 2 charges on my credit card for 29.95! They said they would refund only one of the charges of 29.95 and the other charge was non-refundable! They said it could take up to 10 days to refund me the 29.95 charge. I cancelled my membership right then. I will see if I get my refund.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:26 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Yes Freecreditscore,com Is A Scam I Signed Up For The Free Trial The Changed My Mind .i Called And Canceled In The Next 10 Min,icancelled And 7 Days Later I Was Billed From Some Kind Of Idenity Protection That Im Guessing Came With Freecreditscore.com They Took 14.95 From My Credit Card,when I Called Them They Said I Did Not Cancel With Them Well How Can I Cancel With Them When I Did Not Even Know I Had An Account With Them Anyway I Was Ripped Off And There Needs To Be A Law Against This Type Of Thing.but Never Again.you Live And You Learn.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:30 PM
I am new at Scam.com

belyeu1234, THAT JUST HAPPENED TO ME!!! Two charges of $29.95 and I don't know what it was for. I am aware of the 14.95 charge if you do not cancel before the 7 free days are up, but I saw these charges on my bank account today and I only signed up 2 days ago. They only refunded me 1/2 which is unacceptable. I lost 2 hours of work sitting on the phone trying to keep my bills from getting paid out of my account, filed a fraud complaint at my bank, called landlord to hold off on cashing my rent check, and i had to cancel my debit card. I do everything electronically and changing my debit card is going to be a real pain in the ass. I will be a pain in theirs until I get the rest of my money back. I consider myself educated and I have common sense. I did not see any authorization for these charges, nor did I ask for any extra services outside of the free 7 day trial.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:34 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by roozie1 View Post
http://www.freecreditscore.com/ is a scam its not free i had to pay $12,99 per day its a scam do not try i got rid if it in 7 days
SCAM IS TOTALLY RIGHT. I CHOSE MY CLICKS CAREFULLY AFTER CHOOSING THE FREE TRIAL. I CANCELLED WITHIN 7 DAYS. DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING UNTIL I SAW MY BANK STATEMENT AND FOUND A CHARGE FOR $29.95. THE AD SAID SPECIFICALLY YOU CAN SEE YOUR TREE SCORES AT LEAST ONCE DURING YOUR FREE TRIAL. TURNS OUT THAT ONE CLICK TO SEE THEM OPENED AN UNSEEN AND UN-NOTIFIED CHARGE FOR 30 DAYS USE OF THE SERVICE. HAD NO IDEA, NEVER GOT TOLD BEFORE CLICKING THIS WILL COST YOU. IT IS TOTALLY HIDDEN UNDER THE "CHECK YOUR SCORES DURING FREE TRIAL." OF COURSE WHEN ASKING FOR REFUND THEY SAY I ORDERED THIS PRODUCT AND RECEIVED ONLY WHAT I ORDERED, YEAH RIGHT. THIS SORT OF THING IS DEFINITELY A SCAM, TRUE THEY SAY YOU CAN SEE YOUR SCORES BUT BEWARE OF THE "HIDDEN" CLICK THAT WILL COST YOU WITHOUT KNOWING IT. THIS SORT OF THING SHOULD BE OUTLAWED.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

You know I find it very sad that that ppl out there complain about fcs.com its says on there in plain site what u will be charged if u just take a moment to look at it unless u are illiterate or cannot read simple English u would like millions of other ppl are be enjoying a fantastic site that has helped mlso many ppl myself included to get where they want to be with there credit report

Old 01-05-2012, 10:54 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I see these type of scams, but if i am interested in a home credit repair package and I see them advertised, are these scams? One such link is http://myreviewforyou.com/get-financ...-credit-score/ which takes you to a clickbank product, which looks pretty good, but I am dubious.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:24 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwparsona28 View Post
You know I find it very sad that that ppl out there complain about fcs.com its says on there in plain site what u will be charged if u just take a moment to look at it unless u are illiterate or cannot read simple English u would like millions of other ppl are be enjoying a fantastic site that has helped mlso many ppl myself included to get where they want to be with there credit report
I was born and raised in the United States. I speak perfect English, thank you very much. I am about as far from illiterate as you're going to get. I do consider myself pretty savvy however these people are quite slick. They charged my account $31.95 and said I ordered all 3 credit reports. I've called my bank to dispute the charges and they are being refunded as we speak. Buyer beware. Just because they can come up with a pretty good television commercial doesn't mean they won't rob you blind when you're not looking.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Silver Member

[quote=katiescorner;1002940]I wouldn't consider them a scam or even a scheme. Unlike a lot of the "free trial" sites that DO NOT tell you upfront that your card will be charged, freecreditscore puts it right on the front page in plain view and even normal size print:

Actually Katie, it IS in fact a scam. It is operated by the same criminals responsible for all of the previous ads featuring the annoying "musicians".

This is just one of the many sites reporting this advertisement's actual intentions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeCreditScore.com

One very important detail that signals this being a "scam" in the sense of the word, is **they don’t give you a FICO score but rather something different called the Experian Plus Score (sidenote: Experian owns the FreeCreditScore website.)**

And I am 100% positive that their score is by no means accurate.
Here is the report the above ** was pulled from:
http://creditcardforum.com/blog/free...-legit-review/
If your heart is large enough to envelop your adversaries, you can see right through them and avoid their attacks. And once you envelop them, you will be able to guide them along the path indicated to you by heaven and earth.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:24 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Their trial offer is definitely misleading. I signed up for their "7-day trial" on 1/15 cancelled on 1/22, and was still charged $14.99. I called to complain and was told by the agent that the 7-days included the day I signed up, so I would have had to cancel on 1/21 to avoid the charge. I haven't gone back to look at the fine print but did open a complaint with the BBB just for grins.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:51 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Mine's a little worse... I never signed up for the service, yet was charged for it, $29.90. I too have reported it to AMEX and to the BBB. This company has learned NOTHING since they were fined and sued... just to be more crooked.

Old 02-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Golden Financial Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyjim View Post
I wanted to check my score, got the 7 day trial and forgot to cancel. When I saw the charges on my bank statement, it prompted me to cancel at that time. I went to log-in, the site did not recognize me, I tried to use their help, and it did not recognize me either. I called their service desk on Monday, and went through their automated system and it sent me a temporary password. I tried to log-in and it did not work. I talked to a representative in person. I explained that I was upset that I was just charged and now I cannot get in. He had the nerve to ask how my day was going. He sent me another e-mail, and it did not work. He sent me a third e-mail, now it finally works. I asked him to cancel it right then and there. He offered me the same service for 50% off when I asked him to cancel it. The phone call to the representative took 25 minutes. I do not think this is a legitimate site.
Hi,

First off, freecreditreport.com is very helpful for folks trying to build good credit. I personally use the service. You get emailed alerts when anything negative appears on your report, when your score increases, etc.. The service offers you the ability to monitor your credit.

They also offer educational information on their website that consumers and members can take advantage of. You can learn to be a credit expert. Good credit could save you thousands of dollars on an annual basis.

Having said that, you should reconsider your thoughts about the service, and look at it as an investment. They offer a great service, so why not charge for it.

For a free credit report, with no strings attached and in accordance to the federal law, you can obtain a report without your score at annualcreditreport.com

I don't work at freecreditreport.com either, but just have a lot of experience with our clients using the service.

I work at Golden Financial Services, where we offer debt relief programs.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Silver Member

ok people for a small lil fee you can get your whole freaking credit life restored and belive me this guy knows his stuff because the gov't tried to shut him down.

Order the book from Kevin trudeau Debt cures they do not want you to know about.

Wife got it as B day gift from her friend 5 years ago i succcesfully fixed my sons Credit and wiped out all his CC debts got the fees waived saved him $4000 and credit score was increased to 750 from 560

Also his books might be in your local free library.

Old 03-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybill View Post
ok people for a small lil fee you can get your whole freaking credit life restored and belive me this guy knows his stuff because the gov't tried to shut him down.

Order the book from Kevin trudeau Debt cures they do not want you to know about.
Kevin Trudeau (Wiki)
Just some highlights from the Wiki article, see article for citations.
Quote:
Legal proceedings

In connection with his promotional activities he has had a felony conviction and has been an unsuccessful defendant in several Federal Trade Commission (FTC) lawsuits. Trudeau has been charged several times by agencies of the United States government for making claims without evidence. In these cases Trudeau signed a consent decree in which he did not plead guilty but did agree to stop making the claims and to pay a fine. Trudeau subsequently began to sell books, which are protected by the First Amendment.

Trudeau was convicted of fraud and larceny in the early 1990s. The FTC has sued him repeatedly and keeps an extensive record of its conflicts with him. A court order currently restricts his ability to promote and sell any product or service; however, he is permitted to promote books and other publications due to free-speech protection under the First Amendment as long as they are not used to promote or sell products or services and do not contain misrepresentations. On November 19, 2007, a court found Trudeau in contempt of that court order for making deceptive claims about his book The Weight Loss Cure "They" Don't Want You to Know About. In August 2008, he was fined more than $5 million and banned from infomercials for three years for continuing to make fraudulent claims pertaining to the book. The amount of the monetary damages was later increased to $37 million.

1990-1991: Larceny and credit card fraud
In 1990, Trudeau posed as a doctor in order to deposit $80,000 in false checks, and in 1991 he pleaded guilty to larceny. That same year, Trudeau faced federal charges of credit card fraud after he stole the names and Social Security numbers of eleven customers of a mega memory product and charged approximately $122,735.68 on their credit cards. He spent two years in federal prison because of this conviction. Later, in an interview, he explained his crimes as:

"... youthful indiscretions and not as bad as they sound, and besides, both were partly the fault of other people, and besides, he has changed. The larceny he explains as a series of math errors compounded by the 'mistake' of a bank official. As for why the bank thought he was a doctor, that was just a simple misunderstanding, because he jokingly referred to himself as a 'doctor in memory'. He still can't quite believe he was prosecuted for the larceny charges. 'Give me a break,' he says."

1996: SEC and various states
Trudeau began working for Nutrition For Life, a multi-level marketing program, in the mid-1990s. In 1996, his recruitment practices were cited by the states of Illinois and Michigan, as well as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Illinois sued Trudeau and Jules Leib, his partner, accusing them of operating an illegal pyramid scheme. They settled with Illinois and seven other states for $185,000 after agreeing to change their tactics. Michigan forbade him from operating in the state. A class action lawsuit was filed by stockholders of Nutrition for Life for violations of Texas law, including misrepresenting and/or omitting material information about Nutrition for Life International, Inc.'s business. In August 1997, the company paid $2 million in cash to common stockholders and holders of warrants during the class period to settle the case. The company also paid the plaintiffs' attorney fees of $600,000.

1998: FTC fine
In 1998, Trudeau was fined $500,000, the funds to be used for consumer redress by the FTC, relating to six infomercials he had produced and in which the FTC determined he had made false or misleading claims. These infomercials included "Hair Farming," "Mega Memory System," "Addiction Breaking System," "Action Reading," "Eden's Secret," and "Mega Reading." The products included a "hair farming system" that was supposed to "finally end baldness in the human race," and "a breakthrough that in 60 seconds can eliminate" addictions, discovered when a certain "Dr. Callahan" was "studying quantum physics."

2004: FTC contempt of court and injunction
In June 2003, the FTC filed a complaint in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois against Trudeau and some of his companies (Shop America (USA), LLC; Shop America Marketing Group, LLC; and Trustar Global Media, Limited), alleging that disease-related claims for Coral Calcium Supreme were false and unsubstantiated. In July 2003, Trudeau entered into a stipulated preliminary injunction that prohibited him from continuing to make the challenged claims for Coral Calcium Supreme and Biotape.

In the summer of 2004, the court found Trudeau in contempt of court for violating the preliminary injunction, because he had sent out a direct mail piece and produced an infomercial making prohibited claims. The court ordered Trudeau to cease all marketing for coral calcium products.

In September 2004, Trudeau agreed to pay $2 million ($500,000 in cash plus transfer of residential property located in Ojai, California, and a luxury vehicle) to settle charges that he falsely claimed that a coral calcium product can cure cancer and other serious diseases and that a purported analgesic called Biotape can permanently cure or relieve severe pain. He also agreed to a lifetime ban on promoting products using infomercials, but excluded restrictions to promote his books via infomercials. Trudeau was the only person ever banned by the FTC from selling a product via television. Lydia Parnes, speaking for the FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection stated: "This ban is meant to shut down an infomercial empire that has misled American consumers for years." Trudeau claimed the government was trying to discredit his book because he was "exposing them."

2005: Trudeau v. FTC
On February 28, 2005, Trudeau filed a complaint against the FTC in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia seeking declaratory and injunctive relief. Trudeau also filed a motion for preliminary injunction, which the court denied.

The complaint charged that the FTC had retaliated against him for his criticism of the agency by issuing a press release that falsely characterized and intentionally and deliberately misrepresented the 2004 Final Order. That conduct, Trudeau asserted, exceeded the FTC's authority under 15 U.S.C. § 46(f) and violated the First Amendment. The FTC responded with a motion to dismiss the complaint for lack of subject-matter jurisdiction under Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 12(b)(1), and for failure to state a claim for which relief can be granted under Rule 12(b)(6).

The district court granted the FTC's motion to dismiss. First, the court concluded that it lacked subject-matter jurisdiction because the press release was not "a 'final agency action'" under “section 704 of the [Administrative Procedure Act]”, 5 U.S.C. § 704. Second, the court held, "in the alternative, that Trudeau’s claims failed to state a viable cause of action as a matter of law."

Trudeau later filed an appeal which was unsuccessful in reversing the court's ruling.

2005: Trudeau v. New York Consumer Protection Board
Trudeau filed a lawsuit on August 11, 2005, accusing the New York State Consumer Protection Board of violating his First Amendment rights by contacting television stations in New York state and urging them to pull Trudeau's infomercials promoting his book Natural Cures "They" Don't Want You to Know About. Trudeau won a temporary restraining order on September 6, 2005 prohibiting the Board from sending letters to the television stations. The temporary restraining order was replaced by a preliminary injunction. However, Trudeau lost a motion to have the Board send a "corrective letter" to the television stations and subsequently dropped all claims for monetary damages. The case is still in litigation.

2007: FTC contempt of court action
The FTC filed a contempt of court action against Trudeau and the companies that market The Weight Loss Cure 'They' Don't Want You to Know About, alleging that Trudeau was in contempt of a 2004 court order by "deceptively claiming in his infomercials that the book being advertised establishes a weight-loss protocol that is 'easy' to follow." The action was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois on September 17, 2007. According to an FTC press release, Trudeau has claimed that the weight loss plan outlined in the book is easy, can be done at home, and readers can eat anything they want. When consumers buy the book, they find it describes a complex plan that requires intense dieting, daily injections of a prescribed drug that is not easily obtainable, and lifelong dietary restrictions.

On November 19, 2007, Trudeau was found in contempt of the 2004 court order for "patently false" claims in his weight loss book. U.S. District Court Judge Robert W. Gettleman ruled that Trudeau "clearly misrepresents in his advertisements the difficulty of the diet described in his book, and by doing so, he has misled thousands of consumers." On August 7, 2008, Gettleman issued an order that Trudeau was not to appear in infomercials for any product in which he has any interest, for three years from the date of the order; and was to pay a penalty of $5,173,000, an estimate of the royalties received from the weight loss book. On November 4, 2008, Gettleman amended the judgment to $37,616,161, the amount consumers paid in response to the deceptive infomercials. The court denied Trudeau's request to reconsider or stay this ruling on December 11 of the same year.

Trudeau appealed the ruling to the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit which upheld the contempt finding, but sent the case back to the lower court to explain the basis of the $37,616,161 damage finding and the three-year infomercial ban. After the lower court justified the basis for the damage finding, and set a $2 million performance bond for future infomercial advertising, Trudeau again appealed to the Seventh Circuit, which affirmed the damage award on November 29, 2011.

2010: Arrest on criminal contempt of court charge
On February 11, 2010, Trudeau was arrested and appeared in U.S. District Court before Gettleman for criminal contempt of court after he "asked his supporters to email the federal judge overseeing a pending civil case brought against him by the Federal Trade Commission." He was forced to turn over his passport, pay a $50,000 bond and was warned he could face future prison time for interfering with the direct process of the court. On February 17, Gettleman sentenced Trudeau to 30 days in jail and forfeiture of the $50,000 bond. Well-known critic of Trudeau, Stephen Barrett, the creator of Quackwatch.org, "has for years labeled Trudeau a fraud" and was quoted: "He struck me as somebody who (believes he) is omnipotent. That is, no one can touch him," Barrett said. "That’s almost been the case." Trudeau appealed the ruling and on May 20 the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals granted his motion, dismissing the contempt citation.

On November 28, 2011, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the Federal Trade Commission issued warnings to companies selling human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) as weight loss products as the claims are unsupported. The HCG diet was popularized by Trudeau's The Weight-Loss Cure "They" Don't Want You to Know About book in 2007.

On Nov. 29, 2011, Trudeau lost his 2010 appeal in the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals. The court found that the $37.6 million fine for violating his 2004 settlement with the Federal Trade Commission was appropriate as Trudeau had aired 32,000 infomercials and described the figure as "conservative." The court considered sales only from the 800 number used to place orders and excluded internet and store sales. Additionally, the court found that requiring Trudeau to make a $2 million performance bond prior to participating in an infomercial was constitutional.
So a convicted felon that has wracked up around $40 million in fines is going to tell you how to fix your credit?

Old 03-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Stick to thread topics please & don't scam.

All they are is a great domain name with shady billing and advertising techniques.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:21 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy50s View Post
I see these type of scams, but if i am interested in a home credit repair package and I see them advertised, are these scams? One such link is http://myreviewforyou.com/get-financ...-credit-score/ which takes you to a clickbank product, which looks pretty good, but I am dubious.
Clickbank seems to have a lot of products with shady descriptions.