report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2010, 11:00 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Dino Direct Are Crooks: Don't Let Them Scam You!!!

First post, just registered. I hope this is the right section, otherwise please point me towards it.
I'm kinda new to lock picking, and when I was browsing around I just found that dinodirect has started selling some different lockpick tools. I'm not new to dinodirect, and I think its a good store, free worldwide shipping and all. You might have to wait a while to get your stuff though. Anyway, I'm not asking for advice about the store, I just want to know if these tools are any good. What do you think? Good for a total beginner like me, or more advanced?

Last edited by sea20 : 08-12-2010 at 04:51 PM.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:01 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: dinodirect lock picking tools, any good?

This is already turning out to be the WORST shopping experience I have ever had!!!
I have PAID FOR MY ORDER IN FULL VIA PAYPAL but when I log into my account on the Dino Direct website, it is marked as “unpaid” & when I tried to email them on their forums, one of their arrogant staff finally replied after I had posted & directly emailed them about a dozen emails!!!…
My order # is: 542372-DD & finally after a ridiculously long wait this arrogant staff member told me that I had not paid because I had not clicked on their “security checkout” even though I did & I emailed them back a copy of the entire email PayPal sent me including my transaction ID #:6199416246681123P
but they still have not got back to me & my order is still showing up as “order unpaid” despite my numerous emails to them throughout the entire day which have remained unanswered!!! -I feel that I may have no choice but to open up a PayPal dispute & that will be proof to them that I PAID IN FULL despite their arrogant staff telling me that I haven’t when in fact I HAVE & WILL PROVE IT BY FILING A DISPUTE ON THEM IF NEED BE!!!…
Please DO NOT believe any positive posts as their employees often pose as consumers (often quite obvious that they are doing this) on their forums as well as other websites reviewing them like this one & I will NEVER place another order with them ever again!!!…
Also, in the beginning it was possible to speak to someone directly via a live chat option on their website but now it is not an available option & I would say that “it would be easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle” than to communicate or deal with these crooks!!!:(…
Worst of all they promote special sale event periods to lure unsuspecting consumers into ordering when they clearly show no intention of fulfilling these orders & they will even scam you on one of these sale events at Christmas time while leaving you with no hope of your goods arriving on time or of seeing your money without filing a long PayPal dispute!:( BUYER BEWARE OR ELSE YOU WILL CERTAINLY REGRET IT!!!

Read more: http://www.rateitall.com/i-2519078-d...#ixzz18JHGvWSK

Old 12-16-2010, 11:06 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Dino Direct Are Crooks: Don't Let Them Scam You!!!

This is already turning out to be the WORST shopping experience I have ever had!!!
I have PAID FOR MY ORDER IN FULL VIA PAYPAL but when I log into my account on the Dino Direct website, it is marked as “unpaid” & when I tried to email them on their forums, one of their arrogant staff finally replied after I had posted & directly emailed them about a dozen emails!!!…
My order # is: 542372-DD & finally after a ridiculously long wait this arrogant staff member told me that I had not paid because I had not clicked on their “security checkout” even though I did & I emailed them back a copy of the entire email PayPal sent me including my transaction ID #:6199416246681123P
but they still have not got back to me & my order is still showing up as “order unpaid” despite my numerous emails to them throughout the entire day which have remained unanswered!!! -I feel that I may have no choice but to open up a PayPal dispute & that will be proof to them that I PAID IN FULL despite their arrogant staff telling me that I haven’t when in fact I HAVE & WILL PROVE IT BY FILING A DISPUTE ON THEM IF NEED BE!!!…
Please DO NOT believe any positive posts as their employees often pose as consumers (often quite obvious that they are doing this) on their forums as well as other websites reviewing them like this one & I will NEVER place another order with them ever again!!!…
Also, in the beginning it was possible to speak to someone directly via a live chat option on their website but now it is not an available option & I would say that “it would be easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle” than to communicate or deal with these crooks!!!:(…
Worst of all they promote special sale event periods to lure unsuspecting consumers into ordering when they clearly show no intention of fulfilling these orders & they will even scam you on one of these sale events at Christmas time while leaving you with no hope of your goods arriving on time or of seeing your money without filing a long PayPal dispute!:( BUYER BEWARE OR ELSE YOU WILL CERTAINLY REGRET IT!!!

Read more: http://www.rateitall.com/i-2519078-d...#ixzz18JHGvWSK

Old 12-17-2010, 11:19 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Dino Direct Are Crooks: Don't Let Them Scam Yo

I agree they are not a Reputable Company. I started a Group on Facebook calle Dinodirect Scam that you can reach by typing in your search bar on FB. It has links to all places were it states how bad this company is. Some customers are satisfied but the majority are unhappy customers! DinoDirect are listed with the BBB and Trustlink thru the BBB. But they are not from the US or Canada.... This was the only reason I ordered from them because they were listed with the BBB. I did file a report and stated that they are from another country.... And was even told by the BBB that they have a address in California they lied to the BBB and will be checked out.... everyone should complain about this! and as far as my Order wich was placed on Dec 2, 2010. and the money taken out on the 3rd I still havent recieved it or a refund like I asked and no responce. Todays date is 12/17/10. Very poor Company!!!!!

Last edited by mantazz69 : 12-17-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Banned

If you check the Contact Us page they list a number of address's;
Quote:
USA Warehouse Address(Not for receiving return package):
To:DinoDirect
Ad:8605 Santa Monica Blvd #22395
Los Angeles, CA 90069

Canada Warehouse Address(Not for receiving return package)
191 160 est av.
N.D.I.P quebec Canada J7V8P9

Hongkong Office Address(Not for receiving return package):
To:Dinodirect
Room 1505, 15th Floor, World-Wide House, 19 Des Voeux Road, Central, Hong Kong

China Office Address:
To:DaLongWang
Blk 4 West 5 floor B-1
Saige Kejiyuan,Huaqiang Road
Futian, Shenzhen, China 515028
+86 (755) 3334 8685

UK Office Address:
DINODIRECT LLC LTD
The Meridian
4 Copthall House
Station Square
Coventry
CV1 2FL
I have not been able to verify the US address (the one from the website or the BBB) nor can I locate a business registration at kepler.sos.ca.gov in California. They are registered as a Business with the UK address.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/5d...f7/compdetails
Quote:
Name & Registered Office:
DINODIRECT LLC LTD
THE MERIDIAN 4 COPTHALL HOUSE
STATION SQUARE
COVENTRY
WEST MIDLANDS
ENGLAND
CV1 2FL
Company No. 07416948

Date of Incorporation: 22/10/2010
However, this registration was just filed two months ago.

The WhoIs info shows the domain was registered 14JUL2008.

The BBB Report.

Last edited by nomaxim : 12-17-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:34 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantazz69 View Post
I agree they are not a Reputable Company. I started a Group on Facebook calle Dinodirect Scam that you can reach by typing in your search bar on FB. It has links to all places were it states how bad this company is. Some customers are satisfied but the majority are unhappy customers! DinoDirect are listed with the BBB and Trustlink thru the BBB. But they are not from the US or Canada.... This was the only reason I ordered from them because they were listed with the BBB. I did file a report and stated that they are from another country.... And was even told by the BBB that they have a address in California they lied to the BBB and will be checked out.... everyone should complain about this! and as far as my Order wich was placed on Dec 2, 2010. and the money taken out on the 3rd I still havent recieved it or a refund like I asked and no responce. Todays date is 12/17/10. Very poor Company!!!!!
Did u ever get your stuff?

Old 04-11-2011, 11:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I am a new victim of DinoDirect.com. In the past, they can get away as they know it is VERY hard for consumers to find overseas authority to report. Too bad, they hit the wrong person. Therefore, I will share the insight to everyone who is being SCAM by DinoDirect- CROOKS.

For USA, be sure to file 2 complaints as the company has 2 file on BBB.

If you defect or wrong item package sent to you from Hong Kong, you need to report to (1) Hong Kong Police Department (2) Consumer Council.

For complaint to Hong Kong Police Department - Click on "e-Report Room", and select "Report Cyber Crime." Link: http://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/contact_us.html.

Dino Direct address in Hong Kong is Room 1505, 15th Floor, World-Wide House, 19 Des Voeux Road, Central, Hong Kong.

(2) You also need to report to Consumer Council in Hong Kong. Link: http://www.consumer.org.hk/website/w...ocomplain.html.

Be sure to use Internet Explorer when reporting to the Consumer Council. You click on the "Complaints & Advise." Then, select "How to Complaints." Go all the way down to No. 5 On-line and click "complaint."

The only way that we can prevent more victims and stop this crooks, DinoDirect, doing phony business is to report to both countries authorities. The authority overseas can't help us if they don't know how big is the issue of this company.

I file my report to Paypal, BBB, Hong Kong Police Department, and Hong Kong Consumer Council today. I will follow up the case.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This is the follow up of DinoDirect.com complaints.

If you get scam from DinoDirect, I suggest you take action as this is the only way to stop online CROOKS.

DinoDirect finally reply Paypal message accusing they had sent the right item. I attached a copy of the transaction generated by Paypal to proof they are lying. They trick me asking to put as resolve in order for exchange. I will not fell for it again.

USA and Hong Kong are very reliable as I get a message from the Hong Kong Police Department.

Below is the reply...

============================jackeylo@police.gov.hk to me show details 1:40 AM (8 hours ago)

Dear sir/madam,

I refer to your complaint / report / enquiry made to Hong Kong Police on
(2011-04-12).

In order to assist our investigation, I shall be grateful if you would
contact our investigator – Mr. KONG on telephone (852) 2860 2909 at your
convenience.

Regards,

Jackey LO,
Operations Team B
Technology Crime Division
Commercial Crime Bureau
Hong Kong Police

Old 04-13-2011, 08:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Updates....

I've found more information regarding DinoDirect scam and reported to both USA and Hong Kong authorities.

The company joined BBB in USA since 2008. Like previous victim investigated (Victim Nomaxim), the address in USA provided by the company online and 2 other address and phone number in BBB file are INVALID and NOT working whatsoever.

Apparently BBB rep, Cariste, has another address of DinoDirect that the victims are aware of. I've sent a message to BBB what is the justification NOT to provide a valid US address and phone number to public. I still haven't get an answer yet.

Here is the information of BBB that you can contact to complaints. This is the person replied my message.

Cariste Blase/Operations
Tel: 408-278-7415
Fax: 408-278-7444
Email: Cariste@bbbsilicon.org

The company Hong Kong address belongs to a non-profit organziation called HandsOnHongKong.com

Address:
Room 1505, 15th Floor, World-Wide House, 19 Des Voeux Road, Central, Hong Kong

DinoDirect listed Hong Kong address link:
http://www.dinodirect.com/contactus/

HandsOnHongKong address link: http://handsonhongkong.org/en/contact-us

I found that many did not get their orders so the company is 100% profit from these kind of transaction on many victims. We have a right to know how the company report these profits to the tax office.

Since the company has physical address in USA and Hong Kong. That means the company has to file TAX. I have reported to IRS in US and in Hong Kong regarding this company and request an audit.

I got a reply from IRS in Hong Kong, and it is under investigation. If you are a victim like me and many others, please take action as this is the only way to stop this company conduct fraudulent business.

If there is more updates, I will share with all the victims.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu View Post
Updates....

The company joined BBB in USA since 2008. Like previous victim investigated (Victim Nomaxim), the address in USA provided by the company online and 2 other address and phone number in BBB file are INVALID and NOT working whatsoever.
Sorry, but I have never had any type of business interaction with DinoDirect. Nor have I ever claimed that I did.

Therefore I cannot be a victim.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:28 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I placed an order for 3 tablets on their site.

I went thru the steps for payment with Mastercard, and with all the hoops and verifications Mastercard does, I was sure the payment went thru (the payment gateway asks for a security password only I have registered).

I received an email saying there was a problem and that I had to email a copy of id and the credit card, which I did, assuming they were reputable. For 2 days I was unable to get to get any response from them at all. Although my order showed as in the approval step, I was unable to cancel it.

I called Mastercard, and they confirmed that the payment reservation had in fact been made, but because so many people have complained about shipping errors (getting 1 instead of 5) I decided I'de call Mastercard and let them know I was cancelling this order before signing for a paper tablet and paying for 3 Internet tablets.

I did notice one thing troubling about their site, ALL the customer reviews with western names seem to have a poor mastery of the English language, as though all the beautiful reviews were written by someone over there in China.

Remember the saying, If it sounds too good to be true, ...

Old 04-14-2011, 06:11 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
Sorry, but I have never had any type of business interaction with DinoDirect. Nor have I ever claimed that I did.

Therefore I cannot be a victim.
I apologize of the misunderstanding.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:48 AM
I am new at Scam.com

@ TZU..you did a great job, to follow this case up, i think every one should be involved, TO STOP THEM, the police in Hong Kong, in the USA, in the UK, and the services they are using such as mastercard, Visa and paypal, they are allowing these people to use thier service, in my opinion, they should be doing more to protect consumers, such as holding payment until the consumer receives the goods... I was thinking of making an order myself, as i always do, i double check the company, research them, thier history, read forums and so on, thats how i descovered your forum, because i do not want to waste my hard earned money on some lazy people sitting behind the screen all day doing nothing but preying on victims..When a bunisness company registers with Visa, mastercard or paypal, there are easy to trace, when there are more than 10 people complaining about the same issue, they cant just keep quiet...otherwise they are just as corrupt as they are..

If all these allegations are well proven and true, the ICE homeland Security investigations should shut this domain down.
I will try to get the NBC of or even CNN news to bring this company business dealings to light.

let me know how you get on.

Last edited by FindAndDestroy : 04-19-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Old 04-20-2011, 07:18 AM
I am new at Scam.com

holy shit good thing i found the site fishy and googled about it lol !!!!!

i saw an advert for dinodirect on youtube of all places

damn youtube need to check the reputation of the assholes they advertise ffs

Old 04-20-2011, 08:13 AM
Newbie Member

I ordered several Dino items in early December 2010. Paid using paypal, got email from them, waited nearly a month to get items shipped from Hong Kong, arrived, undamaged.

Is Dino scamming folks, I do not know but I wasn't scammed by them and I will buy more in the future.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:18 AM
Newbie Member

Re: dinodirect lock picking tools, any good?

I bought some bike lights, front and rear & they were like half price compared to Walmart.

I wanted to buy theDino "Bucky Balls" as a Christmas gift to a young neice but was afraid I'd end up keeping them for "me"!

Old 05-02-2011, 05:47 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkkid View Post
I ordered several Dino items in early December 2010. Paid using paypal, got email from them, waited nearly a month to get items shipped from Hong Kong, arrived, undamaged.

Is Dino scamming folks, I do not know but I wasn't scammed by them and I will buy more in the future.

How can you be satisfied with an item that takes a month to receive??my feeling is that you probably work for Dino...

Old 05-02-2011, 05:49 AM
I am new at Scam.com

How can you Be satisfied with an Item that takes a month to receive????
My guts feeling is that you probably work for Dino........