report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2010, 06:23 PM

Edward Jones Scam

I apply for a position online as a virtual assistant. This woman name Elizabeth Brown was the hiring manager. I talk to her online with yahoo messenger. She told me work with Edward Jones. I looked up online that Edward Jones is a legitimate company. They told me they would send me money to have my own home office. I call to the headquarters in Missouri and they told me they did not hire people to work from home. They send the checks to me and I send them back to where they came from. It was scam and I'm just letting everybody know to be careful. The email address she is using is hmanager53@yahoo.com Times are hard and people are out here scammng people who are trying to make a honest living.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Re: Edward Jones Scam

Glad to hear that you figured out it was a scam before losing money to a scammer.

Thanks for posting up the email address that scammer is using.

You could also post up the emails themselves that the scammer sent you, it will help make your post more googlable for other suspicious potential victims to find when looking for information.

Unfortunately, now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of lottery winnings, lost money, millions in the bank and desperate, lonely, sexy singles. He will sell you email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer.Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

5 "Rules to follow" to avoid most fake jobs:
1) Job asks to use your personal bank account and/or open a new one.
2) Job asks you to print/mail/cash a check or money order.
3) Job asks you to use Western Union or moneygram in any capacity.
4) Job asks you to accept packages and re-ship them on to anyone.
5) Job asks you to pay visas, immigration, travel fees, expenses in cash via Western Union or moneygram.

Avoiding all jobs that mention any of the above listed 'red flags' and you will miss nearly all fake jobs. Only scammers ask you to do any of the above. No. Exceptions. Ever. For any reason.

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, then google for information and learn how. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 01-25-2011, 07:02 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi,
I just completed a Yahoo Instant Messenger interview and was hired by this company, Edward Jones, to work at home. They want me to send $380 to by some software that they say I will be reimbursed for. Sounds kind of fishy to me. They also want my bank account info so they can pay me via direct deposit.
Sounds like a SCAM.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:48 AM

100% scam, you are correct.

The bank deposit will be from a stolen credit card, hi-jacked paypal account, fake check or spoofed transfer. Money will never actually make it to your account but the scammer will insist you send him your money for the "supplies". When you bank realizes the deposit was attempted fraudulently, you get the real life job of paying the bank back and explaining why you are dealing with scammers.

You could post up the email address and emails that the scammer is using. Then delete and block that scammer, don't bother to 'tell him off', it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing people to send him their money via Western Union or moneygram.

Be cautious of any emails of job offers in the future, that scammer will try again to convince you to send him yoru cash. He will sell you email address to all his scamming buddies and they will to separate you from your money.

Old 01-27-2011, 08:18 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This is a definite scam. I just finished a chat with "Maria James" from "Edward Jones". Beware of following email addresses:
interviewdesk55@yahoo.com, interviewoffice90@yahoo.com, adminunit@logatech.net.

I responded to a job posting on www.*****slist.org for an administrative clerk/support position. I figured since you have to pay to post jobs on *****slist now that it was legit. I sent my resume and within 2 hours I was contacted by human resources and was told to set up yahoo chat and chat with the head of operations at Edward Jones branch to discuss the job description brief interview.

I felt uneasy from the very beginning. Why would I have to chat with you to get the job on "yahoo" if you work for Edward Jones. I copied the entire chat so you can read for yourself.

Messages sent to you while you were signed out of Chat:
Maria James (1/27/11 7:39 AM):
Maria James (1/27/11 7:39 AM): Okay
Maria James (1/27/11 7:39 AM): Let me know when you are ready for the job briefing and interview
Maria James is Available
Me: Hello Mrs. James, I'm available
Maria James: How are you doing today?
How are you doing today?
Me: I'm doing well, how are you?
Maria James: I am doing Great
Are you set for the job briefinga nd interview?
Me: Yes
Maria James: The name of the company is Edward jones Company, this branch recruiting is located at St louis MO USA,to know more about the company www.edwardjones.com we're known for our personal approach to business. Everyone here, whether they work in our headquarters or in their own neighborhood office as a Financial Advisor or branch office administrator, is dedicated to one purpose – helping our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. The company is mainly into Data entry and accounting work from home and now going into Data Entry and Accounting work from home job to create employment opportunity for the less privilege, disables and manily to decrease the rate of unemployment in the economy.
Me: The job is located in St. Louis?
Maria James: This is strictly an online and work from home job the working hours are flexible and you can chose to work from anywhere of your choice,the pay is $25 per hour training is $20 per hour and will be get payment bi weekly via direct deposit or paycheck working 40 to 45 hours weekly,if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor.Benefits: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, Employee Wellness and 401k plans.Paid Time Off and Holidays with Generous Company Discounts
Me: Sounds great so far
Maria James: Working hrs are flexible.All activities and corresponding time are to be recorded in excel spreadsheet.As for your duties, i will assist you with any difficulties by email
Me: What does training consist of?
Will training be via online as well?
Maria James: Yes
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:Tracks data and source documents.Prepares and sorts source documents, and identifies and interprets data to be entered.Compiles, sorts and verifies data for accuracy.Contacts responsible parties to resolve moderately complex questions, inconsistencies, or missing data.Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from source documents into computer following format displayed on screen, and enters necessary codes.Compares data entered with source documents identifying errors and subsequently correcting any errors.Files or routes source documents after entry.
Responds to inquires regarding entered data.Maintains daily count of work processed. May create periodic reports for management.Performs routine maintenance on machinery used.Preparation of Balance sheets (Mini), account balancing, invoicing recording,proper data analysis of sales records and recording pay slips into accounting database all these will be done through the use of the Accounting Software.The Supervisor, who would be attached to you online, He/She would assign logs of duty daily and you would be required to work according to instructions, using the Microsoft Office tools and the Accounting software. Now the function of the Accounting software is to arrange, formalize and manage the data you have processed, sent to your supervisor via E-mail.
Me: ok
Maria James: You will undergo a one week training from your training supervisor,he will training you on how to work with the programs accurate and other Data entry works you will need to get done.Your training is going to be done online through your Pc and Phone
Me: How will I get access to the programs? Will I receive a package to install on my home computer?
Maria James: You will Earn $25 per hour,You will receive your pay via Direct deposit or Paycheck bi weekly.Training $20 per hour Here are the name's of the software's you will need to start working with Myob business essentials software 2010, US Patent Single Users Pack simply accounting 2010
Me: Will the company be sending me the software?
Maria James: The company will provide you a free Hp laptop with a fast internet connection and your W4 form will be coming along with the working materials you need to start working with.Therefore you are needed to make purchase for the software programs you need to start working with and the company will have you reimbursed for the order of the software programs.You are to make the purchase for the programs the company does not specialized on the software programs you are to get it from the company certified vendor that is the third party to the company she will have them install with disc and shipped to you overnight via FedEx
Me: So as an employee, I would have to purchase the software myself and wait to be reimbursed?
You will be reimbursed along with your first paycheck
Me: Will I receive any official paperwork from Edward Jones?
Having all communication be via online I feel uneasy having to purchase items with my own money to start a job and not knowing if I'm being duped
I want to make sure this is legit
I hope you don't take offense
We dont run scams in our company
I am assuring you that you are in good hands
Me: I am familiar with Edward Jones reputation and I would love to be apart of the Edward Jones team, as long as this is what it is.
So far, the job description and benefits sounds great
Maria James: Good
Me: What would be our next step?
Maria James: The cost for the softwares is 325 NOTE:You will be reimbursed along with your first paycheck
Me: Would I get an official packet in the mail and laptop before I purchase the software?
Maria James: If you make the payment today you will be getting the packages tomorrow that will enable you to start working ASAP okay
Me: I would not feel comfortable making the purchase until I receive an official offer letter from Edward Jones
Maria James: Yes you will receive that now
What email should i send it to
Me:
Maria James: Okay hold on
i JUST SENT IT TO YOUR EMAIL DID YOU GET IT
Me: Yes I did receive it
Maria James: Good
So where do we go from here?
Me: Is there a contact number to Human Resources at Edward Jones corporate office so I can verify this is all legit?
Maria James: Such inforamtion are not let out until you are a full member of the company
We dont run scams in our company ok
Me: I thank you for your time, but I do not feel comfortable with this offer.
Maria James: bye

Last edited by tjmaxx916 : 01-28-2011 at 07:35 AM.

Old 01-27-2011, 03:19 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I just had my online interview and i thought it weird that they didn't have my information from the LOQ's, nut I proceeded anyways. Well when I got down to them wanting me to go to Western Union and wire 380 some odd dollars. I told them I needed to do that tomorrow and they weren't having that. I figured Im not sending you crap and shut my chat and phone off.

No job specially a financial company should be requesting money from anyone. I mean aren't you able to afford it as a "financial investment company".

They are really good though beware!

Old 01-28-2011, 07:19 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Good Morning,
We wish to inform you have been selected for an online interview , Your resume has been reviewed by the company's appropriate department (Edward Jones Inc ) on (hireahero.com) It is required for you to have your resume sent for future reference and also have the hiring manager added Ms Melissa Pittman to your Yahoo Messenger list, Her ID is (hm.desk2011@rocketmail.com) . She's online and ready whenever you are..
Time: ASAP
Salary: $25 hourly
Venue: On line Via Yahoo Messenger
Positions available : DATA ENTRY CLERK, ACCOUNTING CLERK, CUSTOMER SERVICE AND MEDICAL BILLER
Ms Melissa will be online and waiting for you whenever you are for the interview.
Announcer: Mrs McNaughton

On Thu, 1/27/11, Susan MacNaughton wrote:

Subject: Empoyment Opportunity
To:
Date: Thursday, January 27, 2011, 7:35 PM

Good Morning,
We wish to inform you have been selected for an online interview , Your resume has been reviewed by the company's appropriate

department (Edward Jones Inc ) on (hireahero.com) It is required for you to have your resume sent for future reference and also have the hiring manager added Ms Melissa Pittman to your Yahoo Messenger list, Her ID is (hm.desk2011@rocketmail.com) . She's online and ready whenever you are..
Positions available : DATA ENTRY CLERK, ACCOUNTING CLERK, CUSTOMER SERVICE AND MEDICAL BILLER
Ms Melissa will be online and waiting for you whenever you are for the interview.

This is a scam and they want 345 western union I did online and told them it was a scam.

Good Morning,
We wish to inform you have been selected for an online interview , Your resume has been reviewed by the company's appropriate department (Edward Jones Inc ) on (hireahero.com) It is required for you to have your resume sent for future reference and also have the hiring manager added Ms Melissa Pittman to your Yahoo Messenger list, Her ID is (hm.desk2011@rocketmail.com) . She's online and ready whenever you are..

Old 02-04-2011, 12:24 PM
I am new at Scam.com

LORETTA ABEL SCAM Re: Edward Jones Scam

Hi, I also sent out resumes online and this is the email I got:

---
Hello,

The Hiring Desk of the company has reviewed your resume and we believe you have the required qualifications to proceed. The name of this company is ***some legit company they pretend as*** This is a Data Entry/Administrative Position ,Working hours are from 8am-3pm,Monday-Friday( could be flexible).The starting pay is $25/hr for this position,we also offer part time work and you are also expected to come online through Yahoo Messenger during working hours.

Following our newest online screening introduced by Better Business Bureau, I want you to setup a yahoo messenger and if you got one already use it, add Melissa the hiring lady and IM me on this ID (hm.desk2011@rocketmail.com) asap for the interview/briefing and comprehensive job details.This is our first step to proceed further. I will be expecting to
hear back from you.

Best regards,
Human Resource.
**** Company.
---

INTERVIEW is done through IM (red flag), they text you through IM (red red flag), and never provide a real business number (red red red flag). Part of the interview will tell you this:
"The company will provide you a free Hp laptop with a fast internet connection and your W4 form will be coming along with the working materials you need to start working with.Therefore you are needed to make purchase for the software programs you need to start working with and the company will have you reimbursed for the order of the software programs.You are to make the purchase for the programs from the company certified vendor, this is beacause the company does not specialized on the software programs.The company certified vendor that is the third party to the company she will have them install with disc and shipped to you overnight via FedEx"

These scammers use legit company but be smart and actually call the company, and you will find out they are liars!
OK! DoNT FALL FOR IT!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-01-2011, 05:55 AM
I am new at Scam.com

BUZZ!!!
lsr1284: hello
sue.watson72: Hello
sue.watson72: GoodMorning
sue.watson72: How are you today?
lsr1284: good morning I am doing well and how about yourself
sue.watson72: Am Good..
sue.watson72: Are you here for your job interview?
lsr1284: yes
sue.watson72: okay
sue.watson72: before we proceed you are to click avialable at the top of your yahoo im list so we can move futher
Sue Watson: Good..
Sue Watson: Can we proceed now?
Sue Watson: okay
Sue Watson: I am Mrs sue watson am here to brief and interview you more about the opening position
lsr1284: hi I am Linda
Sue Watson: Am Sue watson..Nice to meet you
lsr1284: Thank you nice to meet you too
Sue Watson: The name of the company is Edward jones Company, this branch recruiting is located at St louis MO USA,to know more about the company www.edwardjones.com
lsr1284: okay I am looking at the site now
Sue Watson: we're known for our personal approach to business. Everyone here, whether they work in our headquarters or in their own neighborhood office as a Financial Advisor or branch office administrator, is dedicated to one purpose – helping our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. The company is mainly into Investment and now going into Data Entry and Accounting work from home job to create employment opportunity for the less privilege, disables and manily to decrease the rate of unemployment in the economy.
lsr1284: great, more companies would benefit from doing this
Sue Watson: okay..
Sue Watson: This is strictly an online and work from home job the working hours are flexible and you can chose to work from anywhere of your choice,the pay is $25 per hour training is $20 per hour and will be get payment weekly via direct deposit or paycheck working 40 to 45 hours weekly,if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor.Benefits: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, Employee Wellness and 401k plans.Paid Time Off and Holidays with Generous Company Discounts

lsr1284: okay
lsr1284: When would I start if I am hired?
Sue Watson: Asap..
Sue Watson: DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:Tracks data and source documents.Prepares and sorts source documents, and identifies and interprets data to be entered.Compiles, sorts and verifies data for accuracy.Contacts responsible parties to resolve moderately complex questions, inconsistencies, or missing data.Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from source documents into computer following format displayed on screen, and enters necessary codes.Compares data entered with source documents identifying errors and subsequently correcting any errors.Files or routes source documents after entry.Responds to inquires regarding entered data.Maintains daily count of work processed. May create periodic reports for management.Performs routine maintenance on machinery used.Preparation of Balance sheets (Mini)
Sue Watson: account balancing, invoicing recording,proper data analysis of sales records and recording pay slips into accounting database all these will be done through the use of the Accounting Software.
Sue Watson: Hope you wil be able to handle this duties?
Sue Watson: All activities and corresponding time are to be recorded in excel spreadsheet.As for your duties, i will assist you with any difficulties by email
lsr1284: There will be no problem handling this. I done mortgage processing for a while and I also done accounting for a legal courier
Sue Watson: You will undergo a one week training from your training supervisor,he|she will training you on how to work with the programs accurate and other Data entry works you will need to get done.Your training is going to be done online through your Pc and Phone
Sue Watson: The Supervisor, who would be attached to you online, He/She would assign logs of duty daily and you would be required to work according to instructions, using the Microsoft Office tools and the Accounting software. .Now the function of the Accounting software is to arrange, formalize and manage the data you have processed, sent to your supervisor via E-mail.

Sue Watson: Good...
Sue Watson: Tell me about yourself your full name and location
lsr1284: My full name is Linda Sue Robbins and I am located in Antioch TN, which is 10 miles from Nashville
Sue Watson: Are you seeking for part time or full time job?
lsr1284: Full Time
Sue Watson: Why do you want this job?
lsr1284: Because I have always wanted to work in the investment industry I would be able to help people with their investments and being able to work from home, I could work as many hours as I wanted to.
Sue Watson: Good...
Sue Watson: What is your greatest strength and weakness?
lsr1284: my greatest strength is presistance and my weakness is I sometimes don't know when to say no
Sue Watson: okay...
Sue Watson: What are your career goals?
lsr1284: I would like to be a business owner someday
Sue Watson: What do you know about the company and How do you see yourself fitting in?
lsr1284: I feel that this company would give me an oppurtunity to achieve my goals and let me work for them to my full potential. I enjoying working and I feel that the company could benefit from that.
Sue Watson: How much training do you think you need to become a productive employee?
lsr1284: It would probably take me about a week to learn the different software and the policies of the company
Sue Watson: How would you describe yourself?
lsr1284: hard working, always wanting to learn something new, presistant and motivated
Sue Watson: Do you have a printer,scanner,photocopier and Fax machine

lsr1284: I have a printer but I can go out and get scanner and photocopier and fax if I am hired
Sue Watson: okay...
Sue Watson: Do you have an idea of how to use ms excel?
Sue Watson: what do you understand by privacy and code of conduct of a company
lsr1284: Do not give out client's personal information. What happens on the job,stays on the job. Do not give out confidental information about your employer
Sue Watson: Do you know your typing speed?
lsr1284: I took a typing test the other day for a potential employer and it was at 50
Sue Watson: I need you to hold on online because i need to forward our conversation to the Head Dept to enable them see if you are committed and good for this job.I need you to hold back online

Sue Watson: Am back...
Sue Watson: Congratulations the company has decided to give you a chance for you to work for the company.We will like to see your diligence,Charisma,Commitement to this job.
Sue Watson: The company will provide you a free Hp laptop with a fast internet connection and your W4 form will be coming along with the working materials you need to start working with.
lsr1284: okay,great
Sue Watson: You are welcome...
lsr1284: thank you
Sue Watson: Therefore you are needed to make purchase for the software programs you need to start working with and the company will have you reimbursed for the order of the software programs.You are to make the purchase for the programs the company does not specialized on the software programs you are to get it from the company certified vendor that is the third party to the company she will have them install with disc and shipped to you overnight via FedEx...after the purchase has been made the comapny will email you an employment letter you will have to fill it and sign on it then you email it at
Sue Watson: you will be needing to have the softwares purchase so that your supervisor will teach you on how to work on them during your traning
Sue Watson: understood?
Sue Watson: Five good reasons why you are needed to make purchase for the software programs.

Sue Watson: 1.The company does not have the software programs because we does not specialize of accounting soft wares.

Sue Watson: 2.This is to show how committed you are to work for the company.

Sue Watson: 3.The software vendor is the vendor all our employee has been buying from for years now.and you will make the order from her to enable her install the accounting software programs with disc and have it shipped overnight to you via FedEx.
Sue Watson: 4.Due to the rate of unemployment these days,The company is hiring 16 teams to work for the company with 4 software programs and to enable them deal with clients in the healthcare sectors,insurance sector,banks and business organizations e.t.c
Sue Watson: 5.Your training supervisor need you to get these programs ready to enable you work accurate with him or her.
Sue Watson: understood?
lsr1284: yeah how much does it cost?
Sue Watson: Here are the name's of the software's you will need to start working with Myjob business essentials software 2011, US Patent Single Users Pack simply accounting 2011,Apple Final Cut Express 3.5 HD Upgrade,Norton Ghost 9.0,Microsoft Office XP 2011 Standard Upgrade,Peach tree Premium Accounting 2011,the cost of the softwares is $450 and note:you wil be paid during your traning section..also you will be reimbursed with your first payment..

Sue Watson: okay?

My first clue that this was a scam, was the woman could not even spell certain words right, there is no way you can be that stupid and still work for Edward Jones. Thanks to this site, I didn't listen to that woman. Thanks Scams.com

Old 07-22-2011, 11:25 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I applied for a data entry clerk position and almost got scammed ** edward jones..if you read you will notice that they told me to add so and so's email (a woman) for an online interview then it instructs me to instant message (HIM)???? SCAM!

ATTN:

The Hiring Desk of ...Edward jones.ltd......has reviewed your resume and we believe you have the required qualifications.

This is a work from home job ,Work hours is from 8am-3pm ...Mon-Fri and You will earn $25.00per hr for this position,you are also expected online at yahoo messenger during working hours. We also offer flexible hours

Do you have a yahoo messenger on your computer. To proceed with this job position you must undergo an online interview via yahoo messenger.

I want you to setup a yahoo messenger,add Mrs sue watson the hiring manager and IM him on this ID (...sue.watson72@yahoo.com......... ) asap for the interview briefing and comprehensive job details.she will be online waiting for you..Hope to read from you if you need any directions or more instructions.

Interview Schedule: ASAP
Venue:Online on yahoo messenger
Interview Time: ASAP
Training is Available

Best regards
Mrs Sue
Edward jones ltd

Old 11-08-2011, 11:50 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Dear Applicant.

The Human Resources of ( Cardinal Health Company ) has reviewed your Resume posted on (http://www.christiancareercenter.com/) and due to your Resume information you have the required qualifications to proceed. There is an Organized Training Program for hired Applicant, and the working hours are flexible, this position is available for Full-Time and Part-Time Candidate and the Pay Scale is negotiable starting with $32.50/hour to $67.16/hour depending upon skill level. Medical and retirement benefits.

Following our newest online screening introduced by Better Business Burea , you are required to setup a yahoo messenger account if you don't have one and you can download one using this link ( http://messenger.yahoo.com/download/ ) after the process make sure you add up Mrs Priscilla Dawkins the Hiring Manager on her yahoo IM ( americansonline_hiringdpt@yahoo.com ) to your yahoo messenger list for the Job Interview and comprehensive job details. This is our first step to proceed further she will be expecting to hear from you soon.

Kind regards
Human resources
( Cardinal Inc. Online )

Old 11-08-2011, 04:46 PM

Thanks for posting up the information from that scammer.

Making a scammer's scam googlable on every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post containing the name the scammer is using, his email address, phone number and the emails themselves and then that potential victim does not become a scam victim because you took the time "get the word out".

Thanks!!

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, post up a fake website, read up on how to alert a hosting company that they are hosting a fake website, ask questions and learn all about the hobby of scambaiting.

Old 12-01-2011, 05:26 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I just talked to someone who claimed to be from Cardinal Health Inc. same email.... same conversation..... see below.... ***NOTICE THAT WHEN THEY FIRST TRIED TO CONTACT ME, IT WAS AT 1AM!!!!!****

THEN .....

WHEN I MENTIONED THAT IT SOUNDED LIKE A SCAM, SHE WENT OFFLINE.....

HMMMMMMMMMM.......

1:00:48 AM
americansonline_hiringdpt:
1:00:54 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: Hello

1:00:58 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: are you there ?

1:01:07 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: Notify me once you get online

IM Dec 1, 2011 8:21:39 AM

8:03:40 AM ME: Good morning!

8:04:00 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: Morning

8:04:04 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: How have you been ?

8:04:20 AM ME: Great! And yourself?

8:04:57 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: I'm good, thanks for asking

8:05:09 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: Are you now set for the Job Briefing and Interview?

8:05:15 AM ME: Yes

8:05:33 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: Okay

8:05:37 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: Are you currently employed ?

8:05:43 AM ME: Not at the moment

8:07:28 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: Okay

8:08:44 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: I'm Mrs Priscilla Dawkins. 56 years old the Interview Manager of ( Cardinal Health, Inc. ), i received myB.A. in French from Louisiana State University in New Orleans and also studied accounting at the University of New Orleans. I have been with Cardinal Heath Company for twenty years now. I work for Accounting team.

8:08:49 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: The position available are. Data Entry, Clerical Admin, Medicall Biller/Coding, Customer Service, Accounting, payroll Clerk, Book keeping, Typist Clerk. And there is a Training Program Organize to enable you handle the Duties effectively if you don't specialize in any of the Above position which you will earn $32 hourly during training. Which are you applying for ?

8:09:59 AM ME: Will you please explain the difference between Typist clerk and Data entry?

8:10:52 AM me: I recently worked for a company in which I did alot of data entry, worked incoming / outgoing correspondence and Medical Billing support.

8:11:47 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: Okay, you have to choose one of the position

8:12:02 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: do you want to proceed with Data Entry ? or Medical Biller

8:12:09 AM ME: Data entry

8:13:00 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: Okay

8:13:53 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: You are welcome to Cardinal Health Company. Cardinal Health, Inc. is a Fortune 19 company that improves the cost-effectiveness of healthcare. As the business behind healthcare, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals and ambulatory care sites focus on patient care while reducing costs, improving efficiency and quality, and increasing profitability. Cardinal Health employs more than 30,000 people worldwide.This recruiting branch is located at. 7000 Cardinal Place Dublin, OH 43017

8:14:05 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: At Cardinal Health, our mission is to make healthcare safer and more productive. Join our team and you can help improve the performance of healthcare .We recognize the value of working in an environment that celebrates individual differences. The Company is mainly into HealthCare and now going into Accounting, Data Entry, Clerical Admin, Customer Service and Medicall Biller work from home job to create employment opportunity for the less privilege, disables and manily to decrease the rate of unemployment in the economy.

8:14:14 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: This recruiting branch is located at Dublin, OH, soon we will be setting up a branch at your location this is why we are seeking for 16 teams workers to work from home at the moment and once the Branch is been setup at your location you can choose to work in a office or from home.

8:16:30 AM ME: Sounds good.

8:17:16 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: This Job is currently available strictly online and it's a work from home job where all the Data Entry work is been done remotely online the working hours are flexible and you can chose to work from anywhere of your choice, the pay is $47 hourly training is $32 per hour and will be get payment by every (Friday) of the week via deposit or paycheck working 40 to 45 hours weekly,if you are employed you are going to be working as a full employee and not an independent contractor.

8:17:25 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: And your Benefits as a member of the Organization will include: Health, Dental, Life and AD&D Insurance, Employee Wellness and 401k plans.Paid Time Off and Holidays with Generous Company Discounts.

8:18:34 AM ME: Okay. Is there a Cardinal Health in Mira Mesa?

8:21:04 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: The Position working hours are flexible. All activities and corresponding time are to be recorded in excel spreadsheet. And as for your duties, i will assist you with any difficulties by E-mail....

8:21:31 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: it will be setup at your location

8:21:32 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: Your Duties & Responsilities as a Data Entry worker will involve: Tracks data and source documents.Prepares and sorts source documents, and identifies and interprets data to be entered.Compiles, sorts and verifies data for accuracy.Contacts responsible parties to resolve moderately complex questions, inconsistencies, or missing data.Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from source documents into computer following format displayed on screen, and enters necessary codes.Compares data entered with source documents identifying errors and subsequently correcting any errors.Files or routes source documents after entry.Responds to inquires regarding entered data.Maintains daily count of work processed.

8:21:39 AM americansonline_hiringdpt: May create periodic reports for management.Performs routine maintenance on machinery used.Preparation of Balance sheets (Mini), account balancing, invoicing recording,proper data analysis of sales records and recording pay slips into accounting database all these will be done through the use of the Accounting Software.

The Management Training Supervisor, who would be attached to you online, would assign logs of duty daily and you would be required to work according to instructions, using the Microsoft Office tools and the Accounting software. Now the function of the Accounting software is to arrange, formalize and manage the data you have processed, sent to your supervisor via E-mail.

ME: This sounds like a scam

americansonline_hiringdpt is offline.....

Old 04-09-2012, 01:02 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have got an offer for in home position as well from this person and he wanted me to register on yahoo messenger and add James Harrington to start interview. I did and he offered me very good opportunity. lol. After the interview he sent me job description. Here it is.

(NEWEGG COMPANY)
(www.newegg.com)
(JOB DESCRIPTION)
We are Specialized in the sales of legal agreements and all kinds of Computer peripherals Supplies such as ATDX case, Networking Routers,HDDX Compacts,Satellite HDD Communicator, Computer Peripherals,CD-RHard Drives,Memory Sticks and many more. We are into Computer Peripherals Supplies. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of independent dialysis providers around the world by leveraging today's most innovative technologies to deliver a full spectrum of high-quality services to the business community. We have got loads of logs for the Account Dept from our United States and Canadian Clients that are spread all over. Now the London center here cannot be over stretched. So we opted to recruit staffs online to work from home to help do (Balance sheets, account balancing, invoicing recording, proper data analysis of sales records and recording payslips into Accounting database all through the use of the Accounting Softwares ).

JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Entering all checks vouchers and payment in appropriate account, maintains accurate records of all Receivable's and Payable's, Developing, analyzing, and maintaining financial reporting systems in general accounting, budget or cost systems. Responsible for compiling amounts owed from purchase orders, charge slips, sales tickets etc

BRIEFING SUMMARY

You will be enlisted for 2 weeks training programme. Find Training program details below:

*You will have to be online from 9am to 12pm daily for training programs as you will be given series of tasks during training.
*You will resume work fully after training and your working hours will be 8am - 2pm your time zone.
*Whether or not you have an assignment or task to carry out you will be paid for $20/hr and for 6hrs a day as long as you are online during the stated hours.
*You have to keep strict record of time and activities. A time sheet should be sent in every Friday's days for monitoring (In your own format).
*In carrying out any assignment or task a progress report has to be emailed every Friday to me.

*You are paid weekly.
*There is no start up cost, the training would be administered on line, this is an Internet based position, and the base pay is $20 per hour.
*Either party is free to terminate at any time with notice.
*Benefits include: 401k, health and dental, paid vacation and 2 weeks sick leave you will be enrolled for this benefits after 2months after which you would become a regular employee of company.

WORKING EQUIPMENTS
Equipments will be provided for you by the Company asap. This includes a Hp Laptop/Notebook for mobility and some other softwares for accuracy, Speed of data processing, Time Monitoring and Effectiveness,(4 in one Zebra ZM 400 Barcode Printer and Cards,Fax Machine,Scanner,Photocopier Machine, 4Drawer Cabinet and OfficeDesk). Details on the Uses and delivery of these equipments would be provided to you ASAP.

You would be Given the Following to start work with after training: *
Staff User Name and Password for Our Website Link ( For easy access to company data and task for each day )

Employment Supervisor
Mr James Harrington.

Seems to be great job. lol. He never asked me to pay for anything but it seemed to be scam and I contacted to HR of Newegg company, and they said they have no idea what is going on and they said it is scam and asked me to report about it. I told this guy and he said i contacted to wrong person. Whatever.
People, I just want to let you know that this person always changes the names on yahoo messenger. Now he appears with a name James Harrington and the email address is jamesharrington249@yahoo.com. People. Be careful. And Companies, too. I wish everybody good luck in job hunting.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:44 PM

Thanks for posting up the information on that scammer.

Making a scammer's scam googlable on every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post containing the name the scammer is using, his email address, phone number and the emails themselves and then that potential victim does not become a scam victim because you took the time "get the word out".

Thanks!!

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, post up a fake website, read up on how to alert a hosting company that they are hosting a fake website, ask questions and learn all about the hobby of scambaiting.

Since that scammer intended to steal your money, he did not giving you his real life information. All you have is one of his fake names, one of his free email addresses, one of his fake stories and one of his paid-for-in-cash cell phone numbers. None of information is going to help your local law enforcement agency track down that anonymous scammer sitting in a cyber cafe half way around the world from you.