report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Government Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2010, 08:29 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Im not stupid

So I got a phone call today from a India sounding lady saying I got chosen for a government grant, What are you talking about I ask, she said once a year the government chooses a limited number to get this grant, I said really???? They had my name and address, and I was like ok, lets see what else they haveto say, so she said you can get this money today is you give me your card number, I was like ok, but I dont have a bank account , ok what about a master or visa card, I said, I dont own any cards, well thats ok she said, we can send you a check in mail. Ok do that so she said it will take a few weeks. Now you need to call this number to verify you claim number, I called the number just to see if its a accusal number called it, and Im suppose to get a check in a few weeks, Yeah, we will see and then that check will give me the information needed to get this scam to stop. I am not stupid, and the man I talked to I was like yeah we will see if your true!!!

Old 11-27-2010, 02:12 PM
I will watching YOU

Re: Im not stupid

If you received a check you cant trace the company or who send it to you. How do I know?

Simple. Most of the time this checks are fraudulent most of the checks belong to a close account who has been reported as stole ID or more.

This account numbers most of the time belong to big companies and take like 2 or 3 months before the company notice.

When I received a check of $5,000.00 I know that the check was a scam because I never play lottery.

So I contact FBI I visit there office and they said if I deposit the check on my account and I said NO because I never play in UK, SO THEY EXPLAIN THAT this scam are very hard to find who start it and locate the company or people involve.

So if you received it trow it to the garbage.

Beware I will watching YOU