report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Used Car Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2010, 02:39 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Yamaha ATV Scam

Here are some keywords.
Hope this will trigger a few google hits to these scammers. Basically, Yamaha ATV for sale. Seller offers to ship, but wants to use eBay (even though listed on *****slist). Then wants money shipped by wire to Larry January in London UK by western union. Original "seller" is dewitt5davis@msn.com who says he lives in Havre, Montana.

I have requested the ATV be shipped to the FBI field office in Salt Lake City UT. Haven't paid. Also registered compliant with FBI website. Hope this will help others

Old 11-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Re: Yamaha ATV Scam

Thanks for posting up the email address of a fake vehicle scammer, making a scam googlable is a great way to slow down a scammer when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information and does not become a victim.

You could also post up the emails themselves that the scammer is using, it will help make your post more googlable for other suspicious potential victims to find when looking for information. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of lost money, millions in the bank and desperate, lonely, sexy singles. He will sell you email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 11-29-2010, 09:30 AM
I am new at Scam.com

rantyshow@gmail.com is another guy how has tryed to do the same thing to me. he wanted to over pay and have me send the rest to some other place. i did have fun with him he sent the check to an old P.O box then the check was from PA, he wanted the money sent to WA, and the bike was going to be sent to MA.And the check was from C B world, i looked them up got a hold of the owner and talked to him about the check and he said it sounds like the place that he gets his checks made from and not to try to cash it. The scamer is went as far as telling me he is a man of GOD and the check was good, but when i called him out on it, i told him i hope god sticks lightning rod up his ass.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:34 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hello,

I just came across your Item and I'll like to know the following questions regarding the ad.

Q#1. How long have you owned the Item?
Q#2. a) Have you owned it from new? b) If not how many previous owner?
Q#3. Why are you selling it?
Q#4. In your opinion, what sort of condition is it?
Q#5. Any new available photo?
Q#6. What is the final asking price that you are asking for it now?
Q#7 Do you accept a ( Cashier Check / Money Order)as a mode of payment?
Q#8Will you let a shipping company come to your house for the pick up of the Item?

If you are through with this i will like you to get back to me with the present state of the Item and your contact information to mail out the payment to you as soon as possible.

Name you want on check:
Home Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Phone Number/Office Number:

Here is my personal email address to get back to me (robertdennis3920@gmail.com)

I'll like to have the response to these question in your earliest convenience. Hope to hear from you soon.

This one too!!! these guys never give up. do they really make any money on this?

Old 11-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelow51 View Post
This one too!!! these guys never give up. do they really make any money on this?
Unfortunately, yes. Scammers make a living doing this, enough to support spouses, children, parents, siblings, cousins and live quite comfortably.

Notice how the scammer's reply never once mentioned what it is that you are selling but always called it "Item"? That is a huge red flag of a scammer. They rarely read the ad and just send their stock copy-n-paste emails to every email they can find.

If you would like to waste that scammer's time safely and legally, google the word 'scambaiting' and check out the sites you find.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com