report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Science Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 10-29-2010, 09:43 PM
lexx's Avatar
lexx lexx is offline
Most Valued Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,920
Time Travel Discovery?

this is freaky!?

__________________
i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you


Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 10-30-2010, 06:42 AM
Mike!'s Avatar
Mike! Mike! is offline
Swingdickery!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: You can't get there from here.
Posts: 919
Re: Time Travel Discovery?

No, this is stupid.
__________________
Who's running this popcorn stand anyway?



Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 11-01-2010, 06:58 PM
lexx's Avatar
lexx lexx is offline
Most Valued Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,920
Re: Time Travel Discovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
No, this is stupid.
i thought it was freakier than the dollar fold stuff!? i have heard an explanation, but please explain your remark!?
__________________
i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you


Last edited by lexx : 11-01-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 11-02-2010, 04:00 AM
Lord_jag's Avatar
Lord_jag Lord_jag is offline
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,800
Re: Time Travel Discovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
No, this is stupid.
Pretty much...

At best she's shielding her face from the camera while talking to someone off-camera. I don't see any evidence of her talking... The image is too grainy to make out any mouth detail.

If it's a cellphone.... Exactly how is she recieving a signal? Where is the nearest cell tower?
__________________
A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 11-02-2010, 06:25 PM
lexx's Avatar
lexx lexx is offline
Most Valued Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,920
Re: Time Travel Discovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
Pretty much...

At best she's shielding her face from the camera while talking to someone off-camera. I don't see any evidence of her talking... The image is too grainy to make out any mouth detail.

If it's a cellphone.... Exactly how is she recieving a signal? Where is the nearest cell tower?
well obviously it's not a cell phone!? but some kind of communication device thats size seems impossible for the time!? you have to watch the vid several times to get the impression she is speaking at the device!? but yah, you cant get a conclusive opinion unless you WANT TO believe!?
__________________
i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you


Last edited by lexx : 11-02-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 11-02-2010, 11:51 PM
J E Welya J E Welya is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2
Re: Time Travel Discovery?

the guy who made this video is jumping to conclusions that hes hoping for or so it seems because who would assume or want to think that this has anything to do with traveling through time? he ought to consider going back to the future and telling himself that its all only just a movie, lol.

this one really cracks me up, to believe in such nonsense. i wonder if this fellow was sober or stoned when he drummed this stuff up, whatever hes having i will certainly take the opposite, lol.

i will give him credit for having a good imagination and would like to tell him that all he has to do is his homework, type into google what year walkie talkies were invented and/or what year the phone was invented and you will find that it was invented long before what some might think it was, they did have talking devices when this movie was made, the person in the film was probably a bystander caught on tape when she wasnt assigned to be as it looks like she is walking the opposite way the real movie extras were going and she looks up as if to finally realize her surroundings and keeps on walking, thats about it. there isnt any other hidden meaning or anything else important to note or ruminate on about this unimportant event, its just a lady talking on a blab device who is unaware a film is being made, thats all.

how the man in the video can reach the conclusion that this person is a transvestite just because its a bigger woman is beyond me but i would suggest that the video creator doesnt apply to mensa all too soon, mao.

i love this one. i tried to give it some rational thought. i hope i dont come across as blitzed as the dude who made the bit.

ya never know.

Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 11-03-2010, 03:11 AM
Lord_jag's Avatar
Lord_jag Lord_jag is offline
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,800
Re: Time Travel Discovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexx View Post
well obviously it's not a cell phone!? but some kind of communication device thats size seems impossible for the time!? you have to watch the vid several times to get the impression she is speaking at the device!? but yah, you cant get a conclusive opinion unless you WANT TO believe!?
So... you believe this is time travel because you want to believe it is possible?

There is a paradox here. Assume there is a time traveller. And they are from the future because this technology isn't available yet. They either want us to know(in which case we would know) or they don't want us to know they can time travel.

If they want us to know about it they would just come to our time and show us they can.

If they don't want us to know, they would send another person to intercept this wayward traveller from walking infront of the camera. If it's evidence now it will be evidence in 100 years when we learn time travel. At that time they will fix it and eliminate the whole time stream of us knowing about it.

If this were time travel, why would they allow evidence like this to exist when it's within their power to change it?
__________________
A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 11-04-2010, 05:37 PM
lexx's Avatar
lexx lexx is offline
Most Valued Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,920
Re: Time Travel Discovery?

i thought i replied 2 days ago!? musta not took!? anyway, as far as i am aware of, no such electronic devices of the size we are speculating about existed at that time!? who knows if it's just a walky-talky!?(PUN) HAH!!! the time traveler may be on the other receiving device!? but actually, by the age time travel is discovered if ever, you would think devices for communicating would be much smaller!? unless maybe it's powerful enough to reach space!? time travel may have to be done in space not on earth!? or what about aliens!? whole nuther argument!?
__________________
i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 11-08-2010, 03:28 AM
lexx's Avatar
lexx lexx is offline
Most Valued Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,920
Re: Time Travel Discovery?

so anyway, here's the proposed answer to the possible device in question!?
Attached Images
 
__________________
i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 11-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Mike!'s Avatar
Mike! Mike! is offline
Swingdickery!
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: You can't get there from here.
Posts: 919
Re: Time Travel Discovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexx View Post
i thought it was freakier than the dollar fold stuff!? i have heard an explanation, but please explain your remark!?
After what's been said so far, do I need to explain anything?


__________________
Who's running this popcorn stand anyway?

Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 11-19-2010, 07:36 PM
lexx's Avatar
lexx lexx is offline
Most Valued Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,920
Re: Time Travel Discovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
After what's been said so far, do I need to explain anything?


so your sayin you just dont want to play!? what would it take!? lots of possible tangents!?
__________________
i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 11-30-2010, 01:55 AM
Ol Slow Poke Ol Slow Poke is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 183
Re: Time Travel Discovery?

Time is not a tangable thing like space or gravity. It is only a man made choice of words to describe the difference between now............................................... .....and now! It cannot be manipulated in any way either now or in the future. It is, however, possible to look back into the past if you could travel faster than the speed of light. But that is only the action of witnessing the past, not interacting. Anyone who believes otherwise has been watching too much Star Trek lol.

As far as the lady in the film goes, who knows what she was up to. It would be nice to go back in time to ask her


Cheers, Pokey

Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 11-30-2010, 03:22 AM
lexx's Avatar
lexx lexx is offline
Most Valued Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,920
Re: Time Travel Discovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Slow Poke View Post
Time is not a tangable thing like space or gravity. It is only a man made choice of words to describe the difference between now............................................... .....and now! It cannot be manipulated in any way either now or in the future. It is, however, possible to look back into the past if you could travel faster than the speed of light. But that is only the action of witnessing the past, not interacting. Anyone who believes otherwise has been watching too much Star Trek lol.

As far as the lady in the film goes, who knows what she was up to. It would be nice to go back in time to ask her


Cheers, Pokey
what if we say time is NOT a quantity but a QUALITY!? for a good time, call....................the now is never-never land!? and you cant get too much of star trek!? beam me up scotty!?
__________________
i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you


Last edited by lexx : 11-30-2010 at 03:25 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 11-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Ol Slow Poke Ol Slow Poke is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 183
Re: Time Travel Discovery?

LMAO! Agreed. I watch a lot of ST too, but I do "try" to remain in the realm of reality.


Cheers, Pokey

Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 12-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Old Timer's Avatar
Old Timer Old Timer is offline
U.S.A. #1
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,640
Re: Time Travel Discovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Slow Poke View Post
Time is not a tangable thing like space or gravity. It is only a man made choice of words to describe the difference between now............................................... .....and now! It cannot be manipulated in any way either now or in the future. It is, however, possible to look back into the past if you could travel faster than the speed of light. But that is only the action of witnessing the past, not interacting. Anyone who believes otherwise has been watching too much Star Trek lol.

As far as the lady in the film goes, who knows what she was up to. It would be nice to go back in time to ask her


Cheers, Pokey
But if you watch the gait of that ( Lady ) and get a close look at the face, it kind of looks like a man and not a women.
__________________
Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 12-02-2010, 03:08 PM
PaulM's Avatar
PaulM PaulM is offline
-- ---- --------, ---- ----.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,296
Re: Time Travel Discovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
But if you watch the gait of that ( Lady ) and get a close look at the face, it kind of looks like a man and not a women.
It could just be a big woman with masculine characteristics...

BUT... What is really cool is that everytime you look up at the night sky you are looking into the past.
You are not seeing the Moon as it currently is... you are seeing it as it was about 1.3 seconds ago.
If you're looking at Mars you're seeing it as it was about 12 minutes ago, Jupiter about 43 minutes ago, the Andromeda galaxy... we're seeing what it looked like about 2.3 million years ago.

.

Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 12-03-2010, 07:44 AM
Lord_jag's Avatar
Lord_jag Lord_jag is offline
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,800
Re: Time Travel Discovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
It could just be a big woman with masculine characteristics...

BUT... What is really cool is that everytime you look up at the night sky you are looking into the past.
You are not seeing the Moon as it currently is... you are seeing it as it was about 1.3 seconds ago.
If you're looking at Mars you're seeing it as it was about 12 minutes ago, Jupiter about 43 minutes ago, the Andromeda galaxy... we're seeing what it looked like about 2.3 million years ago.

.
Except that you're wrong. You don't see them. You only see the photons they are radiating in the visible spectrum.

There is plenty of each of those you are not seeing.

(recalling a debate with a physics teacher who claimed we don't really see anything as what we call sight such a narrow bandwidth and so highly processed by the brain. )
__________________
A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 12-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Ol Slow Poke Ol Slow Poke is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 183
Re: Time Travel Discovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
Except that you're wrong. You don't see them. You only see the photons they are radiating in the visible spectrum.

There is plenty of each of those you are not seeing.

(recalling a debate with a physics teacher who claimed we don't really see anything as what we call sight such a narrow bandwidth and so highly processed by the brain. )

Exactly my point!

You merely "witness" the event through reflected and refracted light. You can't actually interact with the objects in any way.


Cheers, Pokey


Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Travel Agent - Travel De Society SunnyNepali Business Scams 1 03-01-2013 11:58 PM
Time Travel Decision lexx Chat Here 23 05-15-2010 12:55 AM
12,000 Year old discovery Paladine Science Scams 11 04-23-2008 01:07 PM
Exclusive travel membership | Discount travel memb jacobm1020 Work at Home Scams 1 02-11-2008 01:07 AM
Energy and 'Time' or Plane Travel stefandozier Science Scams 24 12-12-2006 12:09 PM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the Userís own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 AM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.