report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2010, 06:19 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Did my wife and i rush things too fast?

I'm 26 years old and so is my wife. We are high school sweethearts and we got married 5 years ago when we were both 21. Shortly after graduation she got pregnant and had our first child at the age of 23. Then not even a year later she was pregnant again with the second and so she became a stay-at-home mom/wife while I worked. Then we bought a starter home a couple of months ago for more space. Believe it or not she is pregnant again and due in october. I feel overwhelmed, stressed, and depressed. While most of my friends my age are getting masters degrees, going out partying, and living their life, I'm at home with a pregnant wife and two children. Don't get me wrong, i love my wife and our children, I just sort of wish we could have waited until a later time. I just feel like I'm too young for all of this. I mean my sister is 30 years old and she just got married last month which is something else that kind of made me question this.
========================
links were here

Last edited by Meri Widow : 09-30-2010 at 08:31 PM. Reason: personal links go in siggy line

Old 09-30-2010, 07:27 PM
We are all that we have

Re: Did my wife and i rush things too fast?

Suresh2010 said:
Quote:
I'm 26 years old and so is my wife. We are high school sweethearts and we got married 5 years ago when we were both 21. Shortly after graduation she got pregnant and had our first child at the age of 23. Then not even a year later she was pregnant again with the second and so she became a stay-at-home mom/wife while I worked. Then we bought a starter home a couple of months ago for more space. Believe it or not she is pregnant again and due in october.
Quote:
I feel overwhelmed, stressed, and depressed.
It sounds like you and your wife have bitten off quite a bit and it is affecting your home life, your life view. Have you talked to your wife and gotten her take on where you are as a team ...in other words are you both on the same page? You may need to get together and collectively seek some counseling from a professional in order to get your wits back about you....I would do it before it gets to you more. I've been there before, and the right professional can make all the difference. Don't be afraid to seek help from a pro...it doesn't mean that you are weak, it means that you are a normal, loving human, who just happens to need some help. Your sanity and your family are much too important to overlook any answer. Just a few thoughts......
Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Old 09-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suresh2010 View Post
I'm 26 years old and so is my wife. We are high school sweethearts and we got married 5 years ago when we were both 21. Shortly after graduation she got pregnant and had our first child at the age of 23. Then not even a year later she was pregnant again with the second and so she became a stay-at-home mom/wife while I worked. Then we bought a starter home a couple of months ago for more space. Believe it or not she is pregnant again and due in october. I feel overwhelmed, stressed, and depressed. While most of my friends my age are getting masters degrees, going out partying, and living their life, I'm at home with a pregnant wife and two children. Don't get me wrong, i love my wife and our children, I just sort of wish we could have waited until a later time. I just feel like I'm too young for all of this. I mean my sister is 30 years old and she just got married last month which is something else that kind of made me question this.
========================
links were here

Don't get depressed. There's hope. I speak from experience. You have a long life ahead of you. I began college about your age and earned two advance degrees by the age of forty. In the meantime, I held middle management positions in the financial community and supported a family of four.

Step back and take an inventory. You can do it. It just takes determination. And guess what, it's fun.

Life is dull without challenges.

There are no easy answers, but with the right attitude you can succeed.

Don't give up.

PM me if you want to discuss anything.

Last edited by Meri Widow : 09-30-2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: remove links from quoted section

Old 10-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
Don't get depressed. There's hope. I speak from experience. You have a long life ahead of you. I began college about your age and earned two advance degrees by the age of forty. In the meantime, I held middle management positions in the financial community and supported a family of four.

Step back and take an inventory. You can do it. It just takes determination. And guess what, it's fun.

Life is dull without challenges.

There are no easy answers, but with the right attitude you can succeed.

Don't give up.

PM me if you want to discuss anything.
Good stuff, Cnance. The big thing is to TALK, get counseling, and find out what you both can focus on for your mutual success.