report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2010, 06:09 AM
Cranky Old Fart

Does Picture of Fruit Imply Premium Juice?

While not MLM directly, an interesting question.

How much does picture of fruit imply premium juice?
Packaging Digest, 9/17/2010

A federal court jury in Los Angeles Monday found that juice maker Welch's intentionally misled consumers with false and deceptive labeling on its "100% Juice White Grape Pomegranate" product. In reality, each 64oz bottle contains over 63oz of inexpensive apple and white grape filler juices, plus additional color and flavor enhancers. Less than a single ounce per bottle is actually pomegranate juice.

"We view today's verdict as a clear win for consumers who are constantly bombarded by deceptively labeled products marketed by big juice companies," said POM Wonderful President Matt Tupper. "Based on their cleverly designed labels, these products appear to contain large quantities of exotic and healthy juices when in fact nearly all of the ingredients are cheap filler juices. The primary objective of our lawsuit against Welch's was to raise awareness of this widespread practice in the juice industry, and we are happy to have achieved this important goal."

Gee, I remember not too long ago Mike Adams reviewed Zrii and said...

Quote:
Remember this, folks: Talk is cheap. These companies can toss out all kinds of high-vibration language and associate themselves with all sorts of spiritual-sounding philosophies, but when it comes right down to it, Zrii is still mostly non-organic, pasteurized apple juice and pear juice.
Probably typical for most juices in the MLM arena as well.

POM Wonderful President Matt Tupper goes on to say...

Quote:
"POM has always been an advocate of honest labeling...
Good one Matt!

Honesty is always the best policy. Care to comment on this headline from yesterday?

POM Wonderful charged with selling snake oil

Quote:
The Federal Trade Commission said POM Wonderful violated trade laws by making "false and unsubstantiated claims" that its products will prevent or treat heart disease, prostrate cancer, and erectile dysfunction.
I can think of a few more names to send to the FTC to look into if they like.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:35 AM
Silver Member

Re: Does Picture of Fruit Imply Premium Juice?

Intentionally deceiving the public, regardless of business model, is completely wrong.

I would say that Welch's should be ashamed of themselves, but they probably aren't.

I never really liked their products to begin with, but I'll never buy from them in the future.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:52 AM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Welch's lost me as a customer when they changed their grape juice from "100% Concord grape juice" to simply "100% grape juice" or "Concord grape juice". Now, I purchase my "100% Concord grape juice" from another manufacturer.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 09-28-2010, 07:53 AM
Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop Express View Post
Intentionally deceiving the public, regardless of business model, is completely wrong.
+1.

No, make that +100.

I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!

Let's ask one of the original "Blast Cap" kings for his thoughts....

Heiney,

What was in that Yoli again?

Is that why you stopped peddling that w*a*t*e*r*ed-down Koolaid?

Here's a good one....
"That's why I changed my 'story'".
Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Old 09-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Cranky Old Fart

So, keeping that question in mind, by way of example, how much of the liquid in this bottle would you say is actually seaweed, judging by this picture?

Old 09-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Most Valued Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post
So, keeping that question in mind, by way of example, how much of the liquid in this bottle would you say is actually seaweed, judging by this picture?

And how would people be able to do that by looking at a picture, dickhead?
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:14 AM
Cranky Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
And how would people be able to do that by looking at a picture, dickhead?
OFFS!

Did you actually take the time to read the title of this thread and what the question is they were asking?

Old 09-28-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum View Post
OFFS!

Did you actually take the time to read the title of this thread and what the question is they were asking?

The original title and the story it links to is misleading anyway....obviously people weren't buying it and being misled by the pictures on the bottle, it was because they were being told it was 100% pomegranate juice.....the oldest advertising trick in the book......take a 1000 gallon tank of tap wat3r, put an ounce of say, pure pomegranate juice in it, then claim it ''contains pure pomegranate juice'', which is the truth but very misleading.

I presume you can show us that VM are misleading people with their Limu product now?
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Cranky Old Fart

Quote:
I presume you can show us that VM are misleading people with their Limu product now?
Where did I imply that?

Old 09-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meri Widow View Post
Welch's lost me as a customer when they changed their grape juice from "100% Concord grape juice" to simply "100% grape juice" or "Concord grape juice". Now, I purchase my "100% Concord grape juice" from another manufacturer.
Same here, Meri. Likewise, when I purchase cranberry juice, I check the juice content and make sure that the bottle specifies what percentage is specifically cranberry (usually 27% on the brands that do tell you, although I've seen two that claim to be 100% cranberry juice).

And even when they do tell you, the juice supplier isn't always honest - anyone else recall the Beech Nut apple juice scandal some decades ago, with a fraudulent supplier selling this baby food company "apple juice" that had the flavour adjusted precisely to their requests? It was actually coloured, flavoured sugar *****.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:17 AM

Subliminal messages work by introducing a message to you through an unrelated medium. They pass below the normal limits of your mind's perception. After these subliminal suggestions are registered in your psyche, you're now wired to take future action.

Let's put this subliminal message theory to a real test.

Look at the images below for 5 seconds each. Ready.....go!

Did it work?

Here's a good one....

Old 09-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Bronze Member

The beer looks hot because the c02 looks like steam. The stream is way too thick to be making such an even pour. Its gonna spill over the edge at that rate of pouring. The water line in the beer suggests that lady lumps still pretty full despite having poured a full glass.

Finally, the beer looks filtered like a lager and carbonated, in which case why would you pour some crappy lager into a glass? If you're so concerned about your drinking vessel you'd probably want to be going for an ale.

/beer wank.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagon View Post
The beer looks hot because the c02 looks like steam. The stream is way too thick to be making such an even pour. Its gonna spill over the edge at that rate of pouring. The water line in the beer suggests that lady lumps still pretty full despite having poured a full glass.

Finally, the beer looks filtered like a lager and carbonated, in which case why would you pour some crappy lager into a glass? If you're so concerned about your drinking vessel you'd probably want to be going for an ale.

/beer wank.

Yeah, looks like a totally fabricated picture.
Was it your intention to con people Jamesy?
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 09-30-2010, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Yeah, looks like a totally fabricated picture.
Was it your intention to con people Jamesy?
Fabricated? Check Aisle 2 of your virtual garage.

The pictured product at the bottom will be located on the top shelf, next to all the other autoshipped crap you have collected over the past decades of your mlm “business building” career.

You should really make more of an effort to learn more about products in your own store. You are its #1 customer, right?

Anyway, why do you make such a joke out of everything? I am trying to help you out here with a new marketing strategy. Pay attention, you might really learn something for a change.

Subliminal messaging is powerful stuff.

What if somebody could just simply look at a bag of your fake meat super strips and not only lose their “cravings for alcohol”, but also lose their cravings to eat anything all?

Forget about the Adkins, South Beach, cabbage soup diet plans...we now have “Doyle’s Fake Meat Super Strip Plan”. Catchy…isn’t it?

No longer would someone have to suffer through the act of actually eating the chicken flavored Super Soy fake meat strips, they could simply look at the bag and get the same results!

Let’s try this test again….Ready, Go!

Did it work this time?

Here's a good one....

Last edited by James R : 09-30-2010 at 11:54 PM.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James R View Post
Fabricated? Check Aisle 2 of your virtual garage.

The pictured product at the bottom will be located on the top shelf, next to all the other autoshipped crap you have collected over the past decades of your mlm “business building” career.

You should really make more of an effort to learn more about products in your own store. You are its #1 customer, right?

Anyway, why do you make such a joke out of everything? I am trying to help you out here with a new marketing strategy. Pay attention, you might really learn something for a change.

Subliminal messaging is powerful stuff.

What if somebody could just simply look at a bag of your fake meat super strips and not only lose their “cravings for alcohol”, but also lose their cravings to eat anything all?

Forget about the Adkins, South Beach, cabbage soup diet plans...we now have “Doyle’s Fake Meat Super Strip Plan”. Catchy…isn’t it?

No longer would someone have to suffer through the act of eating actually eating the chicken flavored Super Soy fake meat strips, they could simply look at the bag and get the same results!

Let’s try this test again….Ready, Go!

Did it work this time?

You are a despicable conman.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-01-2010, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
And POMs lawsuit is under MLM why?
Its a very fair question Will

Thread should be locked imo.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-01-2010, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
And POMs lawsuit is under MLM why?
It's a perfect place to discuss suggestive advertising. It way more intereresting than looking at some shyster posing in front of somebody elses yacht or little popups showing piles of cash on a some cheesy website.

Quote:
Its a very fair question Will

Thread should be locked imo.
Interesting, especially coming from the undisputed champion of illegal locked threads at SCAM.COM.

Anyway, I stumbled accross another interesting image. How did they fit all of that stuff in that little bottle?

I don't get the same tinlgy feeling I get when I look at the fake meat strips. This image does nothing for me. Anybody else?

Here's a good one....