report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #19  
Old 10-03-2010, 08:14 AM
MrSandman MrSandman is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 109
Re: Paradise lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
A face to face encounter with him? YES PLEASE!

I didn't know that was an option! Sign me up! I'm available all this week. How's his schedule looking? Can I expect him around 5?

Once face to face meeting and I'll drop to my knees, repent and spend the rest of my days spreading the good word. That would be excellent proof. Can I get it on videotape?

If he can't make it I'll understand... Mythical creatures have so little time for manifestations. Especially the ones with infinite powers over time and space.
"Would it count for you as a 'face to face' if say, it occurred in a dream, in that same week.? Obviously, God manifestations, especially of the power and magnitude of the buy-bull type(s), is very dangerous to experience 'live' . So would an encounter in a trance, dream, etc. qualify.??
I'm just asking, for clarity, as to what constitutes a 'Cara a Cara' episode.
__________________
"Science adjusts it's views based on what's observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved."

-Tim Minchin











Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 10-03-2010, 10:05 AM
GHOST DOG's Avatar
GHOST DOG GHOST DOG is offline
We are all that we have
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Glendale Az
Posts: 1,069
Re: Paradise lost

MrSandman said:
Quote:
"Would it count for you as a 'face to face' if say, it occurred in a dream, in that same week.? Obviously, God manifestations, especially of the power and magnitude of the buy-bull type(s), is very dangerous to experience 'live' . So would an encounter in a trance, dream, etc. qualify.??
I'm just asking, for clarity, as to what constitutes a 'Cara a Cara' episode.
I have always said on this forum that I feel that there is a "God," as in any creation (The Universe) suggests a Creator. This is logic to me... I do realize that a certain group have the belief in a "Personal God" as in the biblical thoughts they've studied and defended from the atheists. However, there is no logical, scientific proof for a Personal God...only a Heartfelt belief, and a stalwart defense of this belief. However, a Creator Of Every- thing is known by all of the creations present, and fits in well with postulations made by the likes of Spinoza; that "God" is the sum and total experience of creation and the manifested things of this life. What is the difference if the Creator of All was a white-bearded old Man, living in Heaven....having no historic, tangible proof.... or some Unknown, and to the present, Unknowable Force, or Forces, either consciously or unconsciously coming together causing the creation of this Universal Experience we call life? The biggest difference that I can realize is it is easier for me to conceive of the latter than the former, as more workable. One side rants about "the Bible" and how it is "proof" of His Existence and His history....even though it is almost totally fact-less, while the other side rants about how those who are "God believers" have thoughts about a God that disobey all of science. I would hope that sentient, open-minded persons would learn to grasp their own inner ideas of this conundrum, measuring them with the facts that surround us universally, and not listen to those who would distort common-sense just to satisfy some dogma-based, unworkable belief-system that has only been saved from the grave by people intent on living in fear of some white-bearded old Man who, they say, will sit in judgment upon the death of us.
__________________
Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Reply With Quote

  #21  
Old 10-03-2010, 10:35 AM
doojie's Avatar
doojie doojie is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,349
Re: Paradise lost

The Cambrian explosion can be generally explained within the concept of epigenetics.

Since it is becoming increasingly accepted that evolution is driven by the "cutting and pasting" of viral DNA back and forth across species, any number of exchanges across the "soup" prior to the Cambrian emergence would be highly random, but that randomness would gradually decrease as viral DNA is exchanged across spectrums of life in differing parts of the "pool".

The human body, for example is composed of "junk DNA" that is basically the same as viral DNA, possibly DNA absorbed as a kind of precaution to deal with future viruses of similar nature.

As this DNA "pool" began to build among differing life forms, certain immunities would also develop to protect the organizational integrity of each organism.

While viral DNA exchange would be random and rapid in early stages, it would gradually slow as each organism accumulated a process of labeling and recognizing DNA and avoiding excessive change.

Ultimately you see the emergence of several different life forms almost fully adapted to their own niche in the environment.

It is also possible that this slowdown of viral DNA exchange gradually developed into a form of sexual reproduction, in which only a certain amount of viral difference is allowed within a species, exchanged from male to female within that species.

Sperm "infiorms" the egg with necessary information, after which a new organism develops with built-in immunities that further separates the species.

The result is emergence of many different adapted life forms.



Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 10-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Cnance's Avatar
Cnance Cnance is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,852
Re: Paradise lost

[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
So much bullshit...so litte time.....
Most of what you've posted are insults, not intelligent discussion. A real of thumb is when a debater fires back with insults and profanity, that's when I've won the debate.

Saying its B.S. doesn't make it so. Where's your scientific argument for the universe coming from natural processes? You, like Hawking, are desperate to deflect criticisms about your bankrupt theories.

Stephen Hawking may be a brilliant scientist, but he lost it when he proposed in his 2010 book The Grand Design with his co-author a "multiple universe theory."

You're being intellectually dishonest when you propose ideas without scientific proof.

Reply With Quote

  #23  
Old 10-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Cnance's Avatar
Cnance Cnance is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,852
Re: Paradise lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
"Would it count for you as a 'face to face' if say, it occurred in a dream, in that same week.? Obviously, God manifestations, especially of the power and magnitude of the buy-bull type(s), is very dangerous to experience 'live' . So would an encounter in a trance, dream, etc. qualify.??
I'm just asking, for clarity, as to what constitutes a 'Cara a Cara' episode.
That's in interesting question. Yes, I believe it would count. Even a vision or a trance would count, but a face-to-face experience with God is very dangerous.

Without elaborating, I'd rather experience God in a dream then awake.


Last edited by Cnance : 10-03-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #24  
Old 10-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Cnance's Avatar
Cnance Cnance is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,852
Re: Paradise lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
A face to face encounter with him? YES PLEASE!

I didn't know that was an option! Sign me up! I'm available all this week. How's his schedule looking? Can I expect him around 5?

Once face to face meeting and I'll drop to my knees, repent and spend the rest of my days spreading the good word. That would be excellent proof. Can I get it on videotape?

If he can't make it I'll understand... Mythical creatures have so little time for manifestations. Especially the ones with infinite powers over time and space.
Put your request in writing, send it to Santa Claus and wait. I'm sure you find something nice in your Xmas stocking.

Otherwise roll the dice and wait for snake eyes to come up one hundred times in a row. That's a conservative estimate of the possibility.

Better yet, ask God. He's the initiator.

Of course, that's only my opinion.

Reply With Quote

  #25  
Old 10-04-2010, 01:59 AM
Lord_jag's Avatar
Lord_jag Lord_jag is offline
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,800
Re: Paradise lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
"Would it count for you as a 'face to face' if say, it occurred in a dream, in that same week.? Obviously, God manifestations, especially of the power and magnitude of the buy-bull type(s), is very dangerous to experience 'live' . So would an encounter in a trance, dream, etc. qualify.??
I'm just asking, for clarity, as to what constitutes a 'Cara a Cara' episode.
Nope... dreams are no good. I can't videotape dreams.
__________________
A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Reply With Quote

  #26  
Old 10-04-2010, 02:00 AM
Lord_jag's Avatar
Lord_jag Lord_jag is offline
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,800
Re: Paradise lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
Put your request in writing, send it to Santa Claus and wait. I'm sure you find something nice in your Xmas stocking.

Otherwise roll the dice and wait for snake eyes to come up one hundred times in a row. That's a conservative estimate of the possibility.

Better yet, ask God. He's the initiator.

Of course, that's only my opinion.
Okay so what is the point of you asking if you know very well that it's never going to happen?
__________________
A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old 10-04-2010, 02:04 AM
Lord_jag's Avatar
Lord_jag Lord_jag is offline
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,800
Re: Paradise lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post

Most of what you've posted are insults, not intelligent discussion. A real of thumb is when a debater fires back with insults and profanity, that's when I've won the debate.

Saying its B.S. doesn't make it so. Where's your scientific argument for the universe coming from natural processes? You, like Hawking, are desperate to deflect criticisms about your bankrupt theories.

Stephen Hawking may be a brilliant scientist, but he lost it when he proposed in his 2010 book The Grand Design with his co-author a "multiple universe theory."

You're being intellectually dishonest when you propose ideas without scientific proof.
Well... is't it BS when you offer to setup a face to face meeting with God only to tell me that it's never going to happen unless Santa Clause makes it?

That's not intended as an insult, it's pointing out BS.
__________________
A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Reply With Quote

  #28  
Old 10-04-2010, 03:08 PM
nomaxim's Avatar
nomaxim nomaxim is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stow, OH SOL III
Posts: 2,517
Re: Paradise lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
Well... is't it BS when you offer to setup a face to face meeting with God only to tell me that it's never going to happen unless Santa Clause makes it?

That's not intended as an insult, it's pointing out BS.
No, no dude, you want to meet the Tooth fairy!


Reply With Quote

  #29  
Old 10-04-2010, 03:21 PM
LogicallyYours's Avatar
LogicallyYours LogicallyYours is offline
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,378
Re: Paradise lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
Saying its B.S. doesn't make it so. Where's your scientific argument for the universe coming from natural processes? You, like Hawking, are desperate to deflect criticisms about your bankrupt theories.
No, once again, you are wrong...100% wrong. There is plenty of evidence for origins being a natural event/process. As a matter of fact, all the evidence points to natural causes. None of it points to the contrary...none.

Your argument/position is the tired old, "god of the gaps" argument. You god exists in the questions that are not fully known...but when we can answer those questions via natural causes, you move him from that gap to another. How convenient.

"Like Hawking..." Ha!...I wish! I wish I had his understanding of physics and mathmatics...I wish I had his vision to see how it alll comes together.

Enlighten us, tell us how Hawking's theories are "bankrupt"...and then present evidence, any evidence that stands on its own...that points to ANY god. I bet you can't.

Quote:
You're being intellectually dishonest when you propose ideas without scientific proof.
Grab yourself a mirror and view the biggest hypocrite here at scam.com.
__________________
"Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Reply With Quote

  #30  
Old 10-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Cnance's Avatar
Cnance Cnance is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,852
Re: Paradise lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
No, once again, you are wrong...100% wrong. There is plenty of evidence for origins being a natural event/process. As a matter of fact, all the evidence points to natural causes. None of it points to the contrary...none.

Your argument/position is the tired old, "god of the gaps" argument. You god exists in the questions that are not fully known...but when we can answer those questions via natural causes, you move him from that gap to another. How convenient.

"Like Hawking..." Ha!...I wish! I wish I had his understanding of physics and mathmatics...I wish I had his vision to see how it alll comes together.

Enlighten us, tell us how Hawking's theories are "bankrupt"...and then present evidence, any evidence that stands on its own...that points to ANY god. I bet you can't.



Grab yourself a mirror and view the biggest hypocrite here at scam.com.
What are those scientific studies proving that the universe came from natural processes?

There are any! Right?

This whole thing is pointless. I've never claimed to have any empirical proof for God. So what's your problem? Your the one claiming science is superior and can explain the origin of the universe. If you can't produce proof of your claim, then forget it. No one's perfect.


Last edited by Cnance : 10-04-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #31  
Old 10-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Cnance's Avatar
Cnance Cnance is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,852
Re: Paradise lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
Well... is't it BS when you offer to setup a face to face meeting with God only to tell me that it's never going to happen unless Santa Clause makes it?

That's not intended as an insult, it's pointing out BS.
You don't get it. I never offered such a meeting. That's between you and Him.

Reply With Quote

  #32  
Old 10-04-2010, 03:49 PM
LogicallyYours's Avatar
LogicallyYours LogicallyYours is offline
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,378
Re: Paradise lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
What are those scientific studies proving that the universe came from natural processes?

There are any! Right?
CMB, the signature of the The Big Bang. Now provide me any evidence that this was the result of anything other than natural causes.

And, proved me with any proof of a deity created universe that can stand on it's own merits.

And, provide me with any proof that says if science is wrong, then a deity created universe is only other option.

Again, you dishonestly live in the excuse that until something is known 100% then, god is the answer. Well, you and yours have been wrong...100% of the time.
__________________
"Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Reply With Quote

  #33  
Old 10-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Lord_jag's Avatar
Lord_jag Lord_jag is offline
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,800
Re: Paradise lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
No, no dude, you want to meet the Tooth fairy!

Does she come with amnesia dust for the Mrs?
__________________
A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Reply With Quote

  #34  
Old 10-04-2010, 03:57 PM
Lord_jag's Avatar
Lord_jag Lord_jag is offline
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,800
Re: Paradise lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
You don't get it. I never offered such a meeting. That's between you and Him.
Pretty sure you did... Let's check...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
Would you relent and accept God if you had a face to face encounter with Him?
Why do you offer if it's not within your power to provide?
__________________
A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Reply With Quote

  #35  
Old 10-04-2010, 04:46 PM
nomaxim's Avatar
nomaxim nomaxim is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stow, OH SOL III
Posts: 2,517
Re: Paradise lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
You don't get it. I never offered such a meeting. That's between you and Him.
Pretty sure you did... Let's check...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
Would you relent and accept God if you had a face to face encounter with Him?
Why do you offer if it's not within your power to provide?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
I began college about your age and earned two advance degrees by the age of forty. In the meantime, I held middle management positions in the financial community and supported a family of four.
I'm guessing 'banking'.
Would explain the lack of understanding with logic and basic scientific concepts. Not to mention the complete loss of remorse when quote-mining and repeating/compounding other logical fallacies.

Would most diffidently fit with this comment,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
Why do you offer if it's not within your power to provide?

Reply With Quote

  #36  
Old 10-04-2010, 07:03 PM
Cnance's Avatar
Cnance Cnance is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,852
Re: Paradise lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
I'm guessing 'banking'.
Would explain the lack of understanding with logic and basic scientific concepts. Not to mention the complete loss of remorse when quote-mining and repeating/compounding other logical fallacies.

Would most diffidently fit with this comment,
This is ridiculous. Why would I offer an interview with God? I said would you? That doesn't mean I can do it.

Furthermore, where have I indicated a complete misunderstanding of scientific concepts. I have been careful not to intrude into areas of scientific expertise where I lack understanding. I think the problem is that I've stirred up a hornets nest because I've questioned sacred beliefs of atheist.

Before you accuse me, show where I overstepped?

The big issues are scientific explanations of the universe and life. For those explanations, I have found no conclusive arguments. All I get are hostile and acrimonious comments fit for the trash can.

You selected one quote from a Harvard professor that upset you, but you completely ignored all of the other references. Whose being selective?



Last edited by Cnance : 10-04-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
“If we’ve lost O’Reilly, we’ve lost the country” Batarang Force - Apostate Political Chat 7 07-22-2007 05:02 PM
'Trouble In Paradise'. coontie Chat Here 8 10-22-2006 02:36 AM
Paradise-the true definition heatwaveo8 Religious Scams 7 04-04-2006 09:46 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the Users own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 AM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.