report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2010, 07:06 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Attorney at Law Scam

I am new to site, wanted to say thank you to everyone who contributes as well as having the site up.
I sent my mom the link for the site as she is still a newbie to the internet. This site is so very important as it
helps educate and can be used as a research area so that people do not fall prey to what these scammers
are hoping for. I can not say that I have not replied to some of these emails, not the kind of reply that the scammers need, I have wondered what they were thinking when they read my reply. I wanted to try baiting
as I wanted to waste their time and get their hopes up just as they do the people who sometimes fall victim to what the scammer seemingly
has to offer. Maybe get them frustrated when what they thought was going to happen never does.
Keep up the great work
Below is a fav of mine, the sent from address rlibertino@fastwebnet.it when googled offers up 2 results:
Ricardo Libertinos profile on Windows Live, upon clicking this link the page no longer exists.
http://cid-646c7e30a00a49e9.profile.live.com/
The second result brings you to Libertino Ricardo MarginaliaWiki
http://www.marginalia.it/mediawiki/i...rtino_Riccardo

In the description of the above link there is a website listed as:
http://www.glamourama.org/
Upon clicking that you arrive at a page stating coming soon.
Upon the end of this email there is another email address listed chiseng@wss-id.org
Googled that and found this being complained about and discussed on other boards.
The wss-id.org takes you to the windows server system for Indonesia
http://wss-id.org/
And finally found similar email to mine only the person listed an amnt but did not on mine..aww I feel so left out
http://www.shareyouremails.com/read.cgi?id=1261688222
Thanks again wishing everyone a glorious scam free day ( I know, but a person can dream right?)

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, September 8, 2010 8:51:22 AM
Subject: CONFIDENTIAL
Greetings
I am Chin Seng, Attorney at law. A deceased client of mine, that shares
the same last name as yours, who died as the result of a heart-related condition in March 12th 2009. I have contacted you to assist in distributing the fund left behind by my client before is been confiscated. chiseng@wss-id.org
Best Regards
Chin Seng

Old 09-26-2010, 05:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Attorney at Law Scam

Here is another email sent out by the same person. There is a different email address than the previous post referenced.

On Sep 26, 2010, at 8:38 AM, Chin Seng wrote:

My name is Chin Seng.I contacted you to help me claim some money left
in the bank by a late client of mine who shares the same last name with you.The
amount in question is 19 million dollars. Please reply me for more details.Thank
s
Regards
Chin Seng
Esq

Old 09-29-2010, 08:32 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Thanks you everyone. I also have been gettin scam email from this details below and then he asked me to pay for a next of kin because he was going to the court...very funny...i kept all his contact;

SCAM!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!!
GEORGE NEWTON & ASSOCIATES
Tel: +44 70359 83502
+44 87049 59673
Address: 33 Bedford Row,
London WC1R 4JH,
England.

Yours in Service,

Barrister George Newton & Associates (Esq)
Executors and Advocates
UNITED KINGDOM CROWN COURT

********Confidentiality Notice********
This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged,confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure or distribution of this email message, including any attachment, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:33 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Here's a copy of the email I received from "Chin Seng"

-------------------------------------------------

I must assure you that this transaction is 100% risk free to you before and after it is been completed .All I require from you is your maximum co-operation to enable this transaction sail through, the total amount is in united state dollar to my late client Andrew Tucker.

You must be able to keep this transaction very confidential till the total fund is transfer to your account and any body who have access to the attach documents that might be forwarded to you in nearest future will automatically have access to the fund.
To guarantee this payment or transaction to you i have decided to attach my passport i.d card, upon receive of the below information i will forward to you my late client death certificate .

Once i receive all the below information's from you via email attachment,l will send you a detail email on the next stage of this transaction.

1.A copy of your driver's license or international passport.
2.Your contact phone number/fax
3.Your contact address.

Best regards
Chin Seng Esq.

Attorney Chamber
14th Floor, Menara Keck Seng, 203 Jalan Bukit Bintang,
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Phone No: +60-172-840-182

This communication, links contained herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected.
2 attachments ó Download all attachments View all images

CHIN SENG.JPG
88K View Download

NATIONAL COLLEGE ADVOCACYT CHIN SENG 1..jpg

108K View Download

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I actually received this email along with the two attachments: 1) Passport ID Card and 2) Association of Trial Lawyers Certificate.

Thank you scam.com'mers for giving me a place to check this out. Now, who can I notify to investigate this scammer and will notifying any agency actually accomplish anything?

BTW, this was emailed to me by chusengin@gmail.com in case some spammer wants to fill his/her/their inbox with junk/scams!

Old 01-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by etucker1967 View Post

I actually received this email along with the two attachments: 1) Passport ID Card and 2) Association of Trial Lawyers Certificate.
Both photo-shopped in MSN paint, no doubt.

Quote:
Thank you scam.com'mers for giving me a place to check this out. Now, who can I notify to investigate this scammer and will notifying any agency actually accomplish anything?
As that scammer is planning on stealing victim's money, he did not register that email address with his real life name. All you have is one of his fake names, one of his free email addresses, fake documents, and maybe a paid-for-in-cash cell phone number, none of which will help law enforcement find that scammer.

Quote:
BTW, this was emailed to me by chusengin@gmail.com in case some spammer wants to fill his/her/their inbox with junk/scams!
Doing so won't help anyone, in fact flooding this email address could cause the scammer to abandon it and that is not helpful. Your post here contains that email address, a suspicious potential victim could go googling and find your post if the scammer continues to use that same email address. If he changes it, that same victim could miss your post.

Making a scammer's scam googlable is a great way to slow down a scammer down. The longer a scammer uses the same email address, the same copy/paste emails, the same cell phone number, the same name, the more posts of his scam there will be posted on every scam-busting/scam-warning/anti-fraud sites there are and more potential victims will find those posts.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Last edited by Meri Widow : 01-19-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:27 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Thank you for your response. All of your advice is helpful. I guess common sense should trump my desire for wasting his/her time with a fully loaded in-box. I hope others will listen to your advice in hopes that this person will continue to use the same email address that will be easily identified by potential victims of this scam.

Thank you for the reminder to keep myself grounded, when dealing with internet scammers.

Best wishes and enjoy your day!

Old 01-24-2011, 06:22 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by etucker1967 View Post
Thank you for the reminder to keep myself grounded, when dealing with internet scammers.

Best wishes and enjoy your day!
Thanks. While filling a scammer's box with spam isn't a way to slow him down, there are fun ways to irritate a scammer. Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, ask questions and learn all about that hobby.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 01-31-2011, 03:05 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Thank you, Meri Widow. I have plenty of free time, so I just might spend some of it looking into "scambaiting." Sounds like I might have some fun at the expense of the scammers.

Best wishes and enjoy your day,