report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: Do You Believe You Can Make Money Online?
NO..Every money making offer online is a scam 2 66.67%
MAYBE..but I know you need some related training 0 0%
YES..but I know it requires study and perserverance 1 33.33%
YES..I believe in any get rich offer \ 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2010, 10:39 AM
andrewh

Varolo: Has anyone heard of this?

Has anyone heard of an "ad review" site called Varolo? I received an email from someone regarding joining this, and don't know how legit it is.

Any information or expereince(s) would be helpful.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:20 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Varolo: Has anyone heard of this?

**I am also interested to hear other people's responses. I learned about it recently, and went ahead and signed up. I have learned many things that seem to point me in the direction of believing that Varolo is legitimate (e.g. they don't ask for ANY money EVER, they don't require much personal information, and there's no obligation to continue), but we won't really know until the ads launch and people do/don't get paid.
**They announce this as the pre-registration period, where people can start building up their villages, as members will earn a percentage of the earnings from the ads they watch too.
**Another couple interesting facts: As of yesterday, there were supposedly almost 19000 members. (There are almost 7000 fans on Facebook). Also, the founder and CEO has been well-respected in Internet Security for over 10 years. I got this verified on a site that was non-Varolo related. So, so far, I feel comfortable having joined, and promoting it to others. Btw, if this was helpful, and anyone wants more information, you can click on this link to become part of my village: Again, no buying or selling, or any money required, so this is not illegal, as far as I can see.

-----------------
Varolo User
link to tour: a link was here

Last edited by Meri Widow : 10-03-2010 at 08:50 PM. Reason: personal links go in siggy line

Old 09-08-2010, 07:00 PM
Newbie Member

Varolo is legit, but we are still in pre-registration so there are many people that wonder about it. We were originally going to not open it up for pre-registration (where you can join and invite others to build a "village") but users talked us into it so people wouldn't have to wait to make money. It is a great concept whos time has come. It is a 100% free service. We don't ask for any information that could be used for identity theft or fraud. We don't ask for credit cards, drivers license numbers or anything else like that. We also encourage those that are worried about it to wait to build a village until we launch. We have heard some people say it is an elaborate scheme to harvest peoples email accounts and sell them. If that were true, we would be wasting the best idea that can come around in a very long time. You can buy 1 million email addresses for $10 on the Internet. Come on. We aren't trying to harvest emails. We are trying to give people a totally free way to earn money paid for by advertisers. Watch the presentation and decide for yourself if it is a scam or the best idea you have heard.

Last edited by varolo : 09-08-2010 at 07:04 PM.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Platinum Member

While I haven't looked into Varelo itself, I do not like the names I have seen promoting it already.
Several major cash gifters (tax fraudsters with pyramid schemes) have shown up hawking it.
The kinds of folks who flock to get rich quick schemes, the less legal the better they like them.

Also, Facebok numbers are worthless as indicators, as there are services out there that sell "friend" requests by the 100s. Folks just buy a bunch to look important.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:24 PM
sheilaline

But how do you earn money with Varolo?

Old 09-10-2010, 03:48 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Well, as a registered member with Varolo, I can say that I've really liked what I've seen so far. For weeks they were holding a live, hour-long Webinar about Varolo with the Founder and CEO hosting. There were opportunities for live audience questions at the end, and CEO (Kevin Prince) was also very thorough and complete in answering them. I actually submitted 4 questions and had them all answered... so it wasn't staged. My impression of Varolo is that they are very professional, very upfront and thorough.
How to "make money" with Varolo: (taken directly from Varolo's site)

Varolo is a free service that offers users the opportunity to watch advertisements in exchange for jackpot entries while earning money from the ads that are watched by their entire network of friends.

So, Varolo members watch and give feedback on ads from companies which are played directly online. Viewers are able to select what type of ads they want to see, and the system is set up that members only have to watch ads 10 minutes a day to claim all their earnings... which have the *potential* to be substantial. This is absolutely, completely, 100% FREE for Varolo members, and there is no buying or selling ever required. Members are not required to give detailed personal information that could be used in Identity Theft. Check them out further if you are interested or skeptical. There are plenty of Varolo resources online, including a Varolo Facebook Discussion page, and FAQs on the Homepage. I will include a link to a 2 minute tour of Varolo directly from Varolo's site (which has tested good by McAfee SiteAdvisor). At the end of the 2 min. presentation, there is an opportunity to register and you will see that they do not require much personal information, not even street address or phone number. I, for one, am excited about the possibilities with Varolo, and have been sharing it with my friends AND family! Take a look, and judge for yourself!

-------------------

"oksofar"
Varolo Member
link: a link was here

Last edited by Meri Widow : 10-03-2010 at 08:51 PM. Reason: personal links go in siggy line

Old 09-10-2010, 04:07 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I did not come across with valaro but my friend has. he told that There is no free money. It's a scam to get your e-mail and contact information.He answered one of those cable TV commercials and late night for a few moments BIGSPOT.COM and its disposable e-mail account was added to tens or even hundreds of spam lists. we never found our way through all the screens to find a study that paid real cash.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:05 PM
I am new at Scam.com

It seems legit. I've joined it because they don't ask for much info. But today I was going through a lot of there terms and service stuff and as any REAL employer, if you make more than $600 a year(which everyone is going to try to do) from them, you have to supply them your Social Security Number for the 1099 for. So it might be a trick to get social security numbers.

What do you guys think?

Old 09-20-2010, 01:48 AM
Newbie Member

According to U.S. law a 1099 must be issued to anyone that makes more than $600 in a calendar year for tax reporting purposes. Varolo does not want any personal information that isn't absolutely required for some reason. That is why Varolo doesn't ask for this information up front. Varolo only asks for it as you are about to exceed the $600/year threshold. Then Varolo is of course required to or it would be an illegal practice.

Old 09-25-2010, 04:24 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Okay, let's take this one step at a time. Kevin Prince, one of the founders of Vaolo, is legitimate. He's got contact info on the net.

Is this a legitimate company? As far as I can research it, yes.

Is everyone who joins going to make money? Well that depends on a lot of things. While this isn't a scam, as such, it is a recruitment driven enterprise; the more people you sign up, the higher your chances are for earning money.

How much money can you earn? Again, it depends on how much money the advertiser is paying Varolo. If the advertisers are paying $.05(five cents) per click, then you will get a percentage of that money. If one of your people clicks an ad, then you will also get a certain percentage. What you do not know is how large a percentage you will receive, it may fall well below $.01 (one cent). It will take a lot of clicks, both by you, and your partners to make any money.

You may make money, but like any worthwhile endeavor, it will take time and effort.

Old 09-27-2010, 05:44 AM
Newbie Member

One clarification. The Varolo model is not built on "clicks". The website is setup so you view commercials. Viewing commercials does 2 things. The first is each ad you view is like getting a lottery ticket. It gives you an increased chance to win the weekly jackpot. The second thing watching ads does is allows you to claim your village earnings. Your village is made up of people you invite to Varolo, those they invite and so forth. As those individuals watch ads, you earn a fixed percentage of the revenue on that ad. The more money an advertiser spends, the more money you make because it is a fixed percentage. As your village earns money, you claim that money by watching ads yourself. You don't have to click on anything, buy anything and the service is completely free. For more information, I suggest watching the following two video's.

http://blog.varolo.com/flash/Varolo12Min.html
http://blog.varolo.com/flash/VaroloComp.html

Old 10-03-2010, 08:43 PM
I am new at Scam.com

A couple of things tell me to stay away. No clear explanation of compensation relating views/clicks or whatever to dollars. The FAQ says:

"How much money can be made from Varolo?
The answer to this question is up to you. There are no limits on the size of your Varolo Village therefore there are no limits on how much money can be made. The jackpot grows over time based on the number of Varolo members so the jackpot gets larger over time and the frequency it can be won can also increase."

An answer this vague is not acceptable.

What really worries me more is that not only do they have your email address, but EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD has it! There's a big security/privacy failure.

Varolo uses members emails as User Ids. The links that members share have their emails at the end so Varolo knows which member to credit when the visitor gets to the site.

The problem is that they are so...(I'll say just) incompetent that they have used an obvious kindergarden encryption system.

In it, they substitute letters for the letter 13 positions ahead in the alphabet...a=n and n=a, b=o and o=b, c=p and p=c... so "yahoo.com" would be "lnubb.pbz" which is what the 2nd poster's above is. I suspected it immediately when I received a link, and confirmed it in under a minute.

So, spammers can google varolo and harvest addresses from all the links they find all over the web.

If this is an oversight from Varolo, then they better change it fast.

Well, you be the judge if you want to join.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:06 AM
andrewh

I don't know..

For a so-called legit company, its website and recording/stat database seem to fall short of acceptable.... always down. In a world populated with competent developers and programmers, this one (back end) looks amateurish (although the general look and feel are pretty good -- from a design aspect).

There's been the promise of the site/program launching with commercials/ads "soon", but no definite plan. "Soon" could be next year, by which time nobody will care about it anymore.

Everything about this is very vague; too vague, with no straight, concrete answers and explanations.

I've followed some of the facebook discussions and related forums, and they're filled with unintelligent and desperate people who seem to think they're going to make buckets of money on this program. Sounds like the kool-aid-drinking followers of the late ASD.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:57 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I find it really funny that Varolo has the time and resources to search out any possible criticism, and comment. Let it alone dude! If you're trying to raise venture capital on your business plan, then just get things rolling, and go for it.

As for your specific comment, watching ads, or clicking on ads is simply splitting hairs. A person still has to do something on your website, to make something else happen. What people are going to understand ultimately is that the more people who are enrolled, the smaller their chances are of winning "jackpots", of a given percentage of the fees advertisers pay to Varolo. To get money coming in, you will have to demonstrate that you can target a particular audience better than some other, competing website, and not only that, but demonstrate that they will then purchase the advertisers products or services. To get a legitimate cross section, you will have to gather a lot of data, which then goes back to the privacy thing posted by other users on this site.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Silver Member

QUESTION - y do u think its ok to spam a scam forum?

Old 11-17-2010, 10:51 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi, yes, I've heard of Varolo and I joined it. Basically it's a company that receives advertising from businesses and pays people to watch it. That's the simplistic version. There are more layers to it, especially where the pay structure is concerned. But the bottom line is, I don't see it as a scam. At least not yet because it's still too new to say for sure since it hasn't even launched yet. What I term as being a scam is something that takes your money and gives back nothing but that's not how Varolo works. With Varolo, you don't pay anything into it. What you do invest is your time. From what Varolo says, it averages out to about 10 minutes a day. In order to get paid you must first have a "village" of people in your network working under you and all doing the same minimum amount of ad viewing. And as long as you're viewing your ads too then the more people in your village, the more you get paid monthly. (At the end of the year you will receive a 1099 so you will have to pay taxes on your earnings.) If you check out the pay structure link at their website you can see that it has the potential to net you some very substantial returns depending on the size of your village. Since I have plenty of time being unemployed and unable to find work, and it doesn't cost me any money to participate and it does offer a potentially sizable return, I figure why not give it a try? Whether or not this is right for you is entirely up to you. Just know you won't lose any money doing it.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:48 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Varolo is a new company offering an exciting new method of advertising to companies that are frustrated with traditional advertising methods. Because consumers fast forward over TV commercials, have replaced their radios with MP3 players, and don't read the newspaper any longer, advertisers are looking for a new method to advertise. That method is Varolo! Visit Varolo.com for more information. Varolo allows advertisers to present full length commercials to consumers while the consumer benefits directly from the money the advertiser is spending. Varolo is looking for qualified sales and business development people to help show this amazing new service to advertising brands, ad agencies, ad buyers and others that might influence the sale of advertising. Varolo is looking for part-time or full-time people that can work from home on a contract basis. Job duties would primarily be to contact advertising companies introducing Varolo and setting up meetings with key individuals. No travel is required as sales management will travel and conduct these meetings. Familiarize yourself with Varolo at a link was here by watching the 2 minute video tour and join in and help this campaign grow.
First of all, I'm just a guy who heard about this new ingenious idea of an ultra targeted marketing campaign called Varolo, that has advertisers paying money for ads that go directly to their potential customers, in rich media filled commercials and ads, rather than wasting millions in ads that are never seen.
Who would want to watch commercials? Exactly. In this day and age of technology, we record our favorite shows on our DVR and 4X fast forward through the commercials. Advertise on the radio? We don't listen to the radio. We have iPods and CD players. When was the last time you decided to buy something by hearing an ad on the radio? Advertise on the web with millions of others and compete to have your page looked at? Newspapers? No Way. We have the world wide web on our phones, computers, and iPads! We choose the news we want to know about, and ignore the little cheesy side bar ads. The mailings that advertisers send out everywhere. How many of those ads go directly in the trash without even a glance?
This idea is simple. Allowing any company or small business to advertise for a penny per view.
If their commercial is watched and verified, the business knows they reached that consumer (let's say for 30 seconds) of their time, and they pay. Do the math. If an advertiser wants to spend $500 a week on ads on Varolo, that means he would have directly advertised to 50,000 people.

Please follow this link, another link was here to understand more about Varolo, the next generation in permission marketing. Advertisers waste millions of dollars every year trying to reach their target market, because so much of their advertisements go unseen, are skipped over, or never reach their intended audience. I believe Varolo, to be an ingenious innovation of allowing advertisers to meet their target audience in a technology-driven world. Through an ultra-targeted campaign, advertisers can reach exactly who they want to reach AND have the ability to ensure that their complete ad was seen by their potential customers! Advertisers can also direct customers to their sites, present discounts and incentives, and even offer a Buy It Now option. Please watch the full presentation, and decide if you are interested in giving it a shot. I urge you to at least try it out. Its launch is in December, so you have the opportunity to pre-register to get in before the launch. If later, you decide it's not for you, then what have you lost? Nothing. It's free to sign up, and free to use. Each time you watch a commercial, you essentially buy a lottery ticket for the weekly Jack Pot !! When you get people to sign up with you, you have the ability to easily earn money for each commercial they watch too. The money made from this new marketing innovation will be directly added to your Pay Pal money account. Please watch the videos which explain exactly how this marketing campaign works.If you are interested, create an account through this link, a third link was here and I can send out more information on why Varolo will be successful and information on how to get started.

Have a business that you want to advertise? You will have access to complete online tools for spending money to advertise on Varolo. ROI-Return on Investment tools. Secure Paypal Transactions. Demographic charts, marketing data, and even help making an ad!!Can you refer a business to advertise on Varolo? You will make $ each time their commercial or ad is watched!

Please check it out. Grow your Varolo Village.Refer to the FAQ page for Frequently asked Questions. Please do your research to see if this job is for you. Join my Varolo Village and I can post more thoughts and ideas on how to make this advertising campaign work for you. Varolo is not a multi-level marketing scam. If so, they would be begging for your money. It's FREE. And you work at it at your own pace, on your own time. Varolo will not sell your email. You will not receive tons of SPAM. Varolo is a free service that offers users the opportunity to watch advertisements in exchange for jackpot entries while earning money from the ads that are watched by their entire network of friends.
  • Varolo is completely, 100% free!
  • View ads based on you and your interests.
  • Get coupons, see new products, get promo codes.
  • Chance to win a huge weekly jackpot.
  • Build a village of friends and earn money on each ad they watch.
Like the official Varolo page on Facebook and get updates !!! like this last update :

• 23 minutes ago

• Varolo
    As we countdown towards the opening of Varolo, we want to highlight some of the features that will be available during the public beta. Today's highlight...the new point system! In addition to village earnings, jackpots, and achievements, users will earn points on every ad they watch themselves. These points can be saved up and redeemed for prizes such as iTunes gift cards, iPads, and much more!

Last edited by Meri Widow : 11-19-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: affiliate links go in sig line

Old 11-22-2010, 10:57 AM
I am new at Scam.com

If anyone is interested in joining Varolo, Email me at pattecom@gmail.com.