report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2011, 06:35 AM
Newbie Member

Re: stopzilla for real or a scam?

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the replies.

If anyone is having trouble with a redirection to a STOPzilla web site, please contact me directly. I would very much like any additional information regarding that issue. STOPzilla absolutely does not hijack browsers, and we do not condone that type of activity. If our site is appearing on a redirection, we will find out what the problem is, and correct it immediately.

The same is true for trouble uninstalling STOPzilla. I will personally make sure that any problems removing the program are resolved to your satisfaction.

Again, please do not hesitate to contact me regarding any STOPzilla questions or issues.

Thanks,
Ben
Email: ben at stopzilla dot com
Phone: 1-877-877-9944 ext. 128#

Old 05-30-2011, 05:01 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflippy2 View Post
If StopZilla is not a scam, Why has it hijacked my browser after my computer got infected ? Why do I try to go to previously legitimate sites like Malwarebytes and AVG to try to fix this problem and IE8 redirects me right back to StopZilla ?? Why do I need to browse the web in FireFox for hours just to try to fix my IE8 from redirecting me to your bulls*t website ???

If itís not a scam, How come I canít find a solution to this problem. How come I canít stop my IE8 from redirecting me back to Stopzilla ?

StopZilla Is Malware ! StopZilla is a Scam ! I donít want it Ė I never loaded it Ė I didnít accept any agreement Ė and I canít get rid of it !
I've spent countless hours trying to get rid of your redirect on my IE8 - I NEVER downloaded StopZilla - I never accepted anything. But this StopZilla malware is stuck in my browser.

Perhaps Microsoft should look into this legally - Due to the fact that a lot of folks have switched to Other Browsers just because their IE browsers are no longer functional because of the constant StopZilla redirects.

Last edited by mrflippy2 : 05-30-2011 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Incorrect

Old 05-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Newbie Member

I remember StopZilla on the WOT forum trying to get a green rating for their site, and while they acted in a very professional manner on the forum, I felt it was a form of damage control rather than real interest about the issues people were having with StopZilla.

You can check the StopZilla scorecard and see the comments left by other users & raters at: http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/stopzilla.com

The majority of comments have tagged the software as Adware and Rogue software as it hijacks your browser and gives pop-ups until you pay for the software.

Old 05-30-2011, 12:27 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: stopzilla is a SCAM

StopZilla is a SCAM. It disguises itself as a malware and antivirus program on the internet. They fake a pc scan and report it found several botnets, malware, viruses, and spambots. But it is fake. There are none. It then lures you to buy the program with a credit card. Not Paypal. Thats because they want your CC number. The program opens up ports to send your confidential info back to a data center. You think all is ok but it is not. Next year they will invoice you even if you cancel the subscription. Stay far away from this scam

Old 05-30-2011, 12:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com

STOPzilla is not an antivirus program. It was reported by trusted companies like Sophos, McAffey, AVG, MS Security, and other that STOPzilla is fake. It will take your money and perform fake scans every week. You computer will also slow down. IF you have dn loaded it, perform a deep format of your hard drive and reload from start. They also have no support to cancel the subscription.
Also, cancell your credit card completely or warn your CC provider of a subsequent scam every year (after year after year)

Old 05-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Bronze Member

StopZilla is a real anti-virus program, however it is not a very good one and will often (intentionally) report false positives.

I wouldn't call it a scam, but it is pretty close.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:01 AM
Newbie Member

Hi All,

I wanted to address the most recent posts.

Users are not forced to install or pay for STOPzilla. It can be uninstalled at any time. It does not run fake scans, hijack browsers, or intentionally list false positives. We had an issue in the past with false positives, but that has since been corrected. Our targeting system has been completely revamped for greater accuracy. Also STOPzilla does not open ports to send confidential information from a userís computer.

We have FREE email, phone, and live chat support available at our site for anyone using STOPzilla. Here is a link to the site: http://www.stopzilla.com/support/stopzilla/home.do

Toll free support phone number: 1-877-877-9944 then dial 3.

In regards to placing an order for STOPzilla, it is possible to purchase with a credit card or PayPal. Here is a link to our purchase page. The different options are available there.

https://store.is3.com/cart/index

Subscription cancellation is also available. All payments are completely refundable within 30 days of the initial subscription date and 60 days of the renewal date.

Our Billing department can be reached by calling 1-877-877-9944 then dialing 2. They can assist with any billing related issues including new orders, renewal transactions, and cancellations.

And again, I am available for any kind of issues or questions. We are here to help!

Regards,

Ben
Email: ben at stopzilla.com
Phone: 1-877-877-9944 ext. 128

Old 05-31-2011, 08:05 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
I've spent countless hours trying to get rid of your redirect on my IE8 - I NEVER downloaded StopZilla - I never accepted anything. But this StopZilla malware is stuck in my browser.

Perhaps Microsoft should look into this legally - Due to the fact that a lot of folks have switched to Other Browsers just because their IE browsers are no longer functional because of the constant StopZilla redirects.
I've PM'ed you regarding this one. I really want to get to the bottom of this issue.

Thanks,
Ben

Old 06-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Newbie Member

I Installed and it did not clean the virus it activated it upon scanning it. Nearly lost everything. I removed this program and asked for a refund. It happened in minutes of install. You could watch it find the virus
and go YEA! and then in milli-seconds it loaded it.
The live help is a scam as well it goes to email another lie. I am giving then 24 hour to refund or I am reversing it on my credit card. I have been working on computers since the 70's this is a total scam. I had the prgram less then 30 minutes and expect a refund. The support is a joke I called and no answer. Avoid or take a chance going through what I did . Lucky I was skilled enough to save it destroying my pc.

CT

Old 06-09-2011, 03:26 AM
Newbie Member

They refunded my money with in 12 hours of purchase. I will give them that. I wonder if someone in their business is
doing this with out the owners knowledge.

I find it intersting they come on here offer help, and even give a refund to me. Yet the program is very destructive and invasive. Get this I had to go with FREE AVG to get rid of the problems the 40.00 program Filezzilla caused.
I have never liked AVG cause its slower then rush hour in L.A. I used to do programming and my job was to destroy the programs we built. Sounds like someone is making life difficult for Filezzilla. Or they just have poor designs/

Either way this publicity is not helping Filezzilla and there are reports only days old all over the net of the same problems.

Last edited by Cybertoad : 06-09-2011 at 03:28 AM.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:44 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I do not think Stopzilla is a scam. I purchased the Software and did attempt to use it to remove a virus from my computer. It caught SOME of the junk that was on my machine, but could not get it all (in fairness- my computer was already infected).
Ben Groshek from the company helped me re-install StopZilla after the Virus crippled it, and afterwards it was able to remove even more Malware.
But still didn't get ALL of it. As of today, the only symptom I have of a virus is that Windows Cannot Update. For that alone, I plan on doing a reinstall and hoping that fixes the problem.
It is nearly impossible for a Virus Removal tool to get rid of Malware AFTER your computer is already infected. I tried StopZilla. It helped, but could not fix the problem completely.
The Subscription was $40 with a $30 one time rebate for the first year. I received that rebate and will soon cancel my subscription so I am not billed next year.
I tried StopZilla, do not regret it, even though it couldn't "heal the damage" I think it definitely helped.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:46 AM
Newbie Member

Before reinstalling try malwarebytes, completely free to try. As for StopZilla, there is a long record of StopZilla identifying viruses that aren't even on your computer, STOPzilla is a rogue program which many experts mark as scareware.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:40 AM
Newbie Member

Sorry Bro - But any software package that installs itself, keeps giving pop-ups that 1526 items are infected and won't go away until you uninstall it - Then run Malware**tes and it finds 2 or so infections and the computer runs great - That's a scam. Before you do a complete reinstall, Uninstall Stopzilla, Google: Malware**tes (and) Cnet. Download and update malware**tes. Then decline the free trial and do a quick scan. You will be glad you did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad Schnakenberg View Post
I do not think Stopzilla is a scam. I purchased the Software and did attempt to use it to remove a virus from my computer. It caught SOME of the junk that was on my machine, but could not get it all (in fairness- my computer was already infected).
Ben Groshek from the company helped me re-install StopZilla after the Virus crippled it, and afterwards it was able to remove even more Malware.
But still didn't get ALL of it. As of today, the only symptom I have of a virus is that Windows Cannot Update. For that alone, I plan on doing a reinstall and hoping that fixes the problem.
It is nearly impossible for a Virus Removal tool to get rid of Malware AFTER your computer is already infected. I tried StopZilla. It helped, but could not fix the problem completely.
The Subscription was $40 with a $30 one time rebate for the first year. I received that rebate and will soon cancel my subscription so I am not billed next year.
I tried StopZilla, do not regret it, even though it couldn't "heal the damage" I think it definitely helped.

Old 07-13-2011, 04:42 AM
Newbie Member

I see that this thread is not allowing me to post the software name. I'll try it with dashes inbetween: m-a-l-w-a-r-e-b-y-t-e-s

Quote:
Sorry Bro - But any software package that installs itself, keeps giving pop-ups that 1526 items are infected and won't go away until you uninstall it - Then run Malware**tes and it finds 2 or so infections and the computer runs great - That's a scam. Before you do a complete reinstall, Uninstall Stopzilla, Google: Malware**tes (and) Cnet. Download and update malware**tes. Then decline the free trial and do a quick scan. You will be glad you did.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:55 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This thread was helpful to me as I worked through some malware. In my experience Stopzilla seems to have caused more problems than it fixed. Coincidence or ??, I had two serious malware attacks immediately after running Stopzilla. Other malware removal software eventually found the problems and fixed them. I paid $30 for Stopzilla but have chosen to uninstall it--and hope that it is in fact gone. Others report being held "hostage" ** software such as Stopzilla--and that is how I feel. I would stay FAR AWAY from Stopzilla.

Old 08-16-2011, 10:55 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgriffith360 View Post
without all the name calling,, is this company a scam or no??

,,here is my brief experience with this product.....yes it seems to remove things and they reappear. My computer was working better without the download (that I paid for). I have made 3 or 4 attempts to contact them but for some reason, they are out of the office. Now this was the company that won what for service. To be fair, before I pull the plug and stop payment on the credit card, I will give them till tuesday afternoon to help me out. It was this offer that caused me to pay,,,they claimed their tech was second to none....I`ll keep everyone updated

scott

I would consider them a scam as their product is no better than the free ones and they make it seem like its only $9.95 for the bronze plan which says it includes the rebate but then they charge you $39.95 and want you to mail in a rebate form for the $30.00. Now that is somewhat of a scam as nowhere does it say $39.95. Program is not worth $1.00, browser redirect was fixed with TDSS Killer for which is free from Kaspersky. Stopzilla did not solve the problem, which is stupid since a free program did, you think they would just add this to their software, guess they can't figure it out.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:02 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Ben, I certainly hope you are right. I bought the program because it said it could remove the problem virus I had just received. Unfortunately, after I "removed" the virus, I had more problems. None of my programs worked anymore.
I had to reinstall everything and some could not be replaced. At any rate, I didn't complain about the software itself. I just figured that I will let my IT manager stay on top of this. I just wanted to make sure I get my rebate. I was told they had me down for a $20 rebate but I was supposed to get $30. It looks like I will have to wait a week or so to see if it really happens. If it doesn't, I will be back to let folks know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOPzilla View Post
Hi All,

I wanted to address the most recent posts.

Users are not forced to install or pay for STOPzilla. It can be uninstalled at any time. It does not run fake scans, hijack browsers, or intentionally list false positives. We had an issue in the past with false positives, but that has since been corrected. Our targeting system has been completely revamped for greater accuracy. Also STOPzilla does not open ports to send confidential information from a userís computer.

We have FREE email, phone, and live chat support available at our site for anyone using STOPzilla. Here is a link to the site: http://www.stopzilla.com/support/stopzilla/home.do

Toll free support phone number: 1-877-877-9944 then dial 3.

In regards to placing an order for STOPzilla, it is possible to purchase with a credit card or PayPal. Here is a link to our purchase page. The different options are available there.
https://store.is3.com/cart/index

Subscription cancellation is also available. All payments are completely refundable within 30 days of the initial subscription date and 60 days of the renewal date.

Our Billing department can be reached ** calling 1-877-877-9944 then dialing 2. They can assist with any billing related issues including new orders, renewal transactions, and cancellations.

And again, I am available for any kind of issues or questions. We are here to help!

Regards,
Ben

Old 08-29-2011, 05:22 AM
Newbie Member

If you install this program you will get five things.
  1. It will find non-existing viruses
  2. It will attach its self to files without telling you.
  3. It will slow down your pc.
  4. It will crash your pc.
  5. It will cost you money.
There are literally 20+ free programs that work and verified to work. No spam, or Malware. I have no idea what is wrong with StopZilla but the internet is full of hundred reporting major difficulties with it. I do not care what StopZilla says. They are not the ones having messed up Pc's.

Avoid or pay the consequences and hours and hours to fix what this program screwed up. I still have minor bugs this thing caused.