report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2010, 06:19 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

The Wisdom of Beck: The "Pension Pyramid"

Here's one of the greatest scams in American history and it's killing our economy... and guess who supports this scam?

Love him or hate him, it's hard to argue with this clip.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:05 PM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Re: The Wisdom of Beck: The "Pension Pyramid"

Old 08-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

I understand... It must be embarrassing to support a political party that panders to such things, so launching a personal attack on Glenn Beck in a desperate attempt to avoid the issue, was exactly what I expected.

Now if you change your mind and decide to be a man and discuss the topic, just let me know.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazza View Post
Very true grim, but for those that want the whole story on Goldline, I must point you to WEINERFACTS

just to be fair

http://www.weinerfacts.com/weiner/

Old 08-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Challenge Authority

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...l-c171810.html

Goldline International

Posted: 2009-03-03 by Jimmy

Terrible experience
Complaint Rating:
Company information:
Goldline International
United States
goldline.com

Several years ago, I filled out an online form of Goldline Interntional's to receive some literature about investing in precious metals. Soon after I was contacted by John Arnette, a salesperson with Goldline. John was pleasant and convincing. He informed me that I should view him as an 'adviser' similar to my stock broker.

I was interested in buying gold but was not yet ready. When the time was 'right', I called John back with the intention of purchasing a large amount of Bullion gold.

The price of gold at the time was $420/ oz. and the price of silver was less than $7 per oz. In my opinion that was pretty good timing. John 'advised' me to talk further with one of Goldline's Numismatists. I was young as a precious metals investor and was looking forward to the education and 'advice'. The Numismatist sounded very educated and convinced me to invest half of my money in Silver PCGS MS64 Peace Dollars.

I agreed, as he told me that these had sold for as high as $250 each in the 1980's. I purchased 1000 of them at a price of $52 each ($52, 000 in Peace Dollars).

I recently called them back to re-sell my Peace Dollars. They told me that they would pay $47 each. At this time, the price of silver had doubled from the price it was when I first bought from Goldline.

I asked the representative, 'What would the price of silver have to be for me to get my money back?' The buyer from Goldline informed me that it would likely have to hit $20 per oz. before I could get $52 a piece for them.

When my stock broker 'advises' me on an investment, he certainly does not trick me into buying something that would have to more than triple before I can break even.

It was this phrase from John and I quote - 'We are telling our customers that they should view us as someone similar to a stock broker' that hooked me.

What a bunch of liars and deceivers these scam artists are at Goldline. Beware friends. If there is a class action suit against this company, I want in.

Old 08-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Diamond Member

And about those pensions......

Old 08-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Challenge Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
I understand... It must be embarrassing to support a political party that panders to such things, so launching a personal attack on Glenn Beck in a desperate attempt to avoid the issue, was exactly what I expected.

Now if you change your mind and decide to be a man and discuss the topic, just let me know.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:36 PM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Quote:
And which party is that?

Is that the Australian Labor party, who I voted for last election? Or is it the Australian Liberal party, who I voted for the election before that? Or is it the Australian Greens party, who I'll probably reluctantly vote for this election?

Or is it that not everyone in the world buys into the left-right dichotomy the media force feeds you?

Quote:

Sorry mate. Used to have respect for you before you decided to only drop in here with deliberately inflammatory one-liners and refuse to enter into any real discussion. You've become nothing more than a troll, to which I feel I've responded appropriately (with a similarly trivial image instead of a well thought out reply). There are plenty of conservative posters here I will, and do, discuss issues with.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:59 PM
ɹǝpun uʍop

I honestly find it hard to believe there are people in America who consider this fella to be anything other than a cartoon character.

Seriously???

Obama's not even a Marxist anymore, now he's actually Lucifer??? And you guys actually take Beck seriously??

Fuck. No wonder you end up with people like Obama, Bush, McCain and Palin running your country. Bloody hell.

Honestly. Who would have thought that in the year two thousand and fucking ten we would be trying to discredit our political opponents by claiming they are inspired by the devil? How the hell has this come to be accepted as political discourse in America?

Old 08-06-2010, 03:28 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
How the hell has this come to be accepted as political discourse in America?
I will tell you why I am a fan now....

When I forst heard him I really thought he was just a loud mouth, he annoyed me... So, I didnt pay much attention too him. Then I noticed that the people I do not agree with politically where bashing the crud out of him personally.

In the past that is always a sign on both sides that this guy is hitting a nerve and they are afraid of him. The attacks were not of his content, only personal. So, I gave him another shot.

Everything he says and investigates makes a ton of sense. He backs up every claims with facts, it is the reason he is so huge here in the US. There are armies of Liberals drooling to catch this guy making shit up... They cant.

I am a Beck fan. So are many others. Maybe in Europe and Australia his tactics of getting people too listen dont go over well but here in America, we are an animated people.

Beck is about where America should be... There is hardly anything he sputters that I dont agree with. Not only that, he doesn't just tell you so, he proves it so.

Just my insight as to why I like him....

- Thomas Sowell
http://www.tsowell.com/

Old 08-06-2010, 03:54 AM
Diamond Member

It really is incredible that people cant understand that Glenn's shows are the fusion of entertainment and information.

Glen uses humor to get people to watch, but his information, his research, his opinions, are all based in fact.

He is destroying and exposing the progressives, both on the right , and left, so again, Kazza, you should watch the show

Last night show was fantastic, exposing the lack of any common sense in the pensions being promised by state workers

But lets focus on Goldline, or Glenn making a comment about the devil himself

Unreal

Old 08-06-2010, 04:12 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Sorry mate. Used to have respect for you before you decided to only drop in here with deliberately inflammatory one-liners and refuse to enter into any real discussion. You've become nothing more than a troll, to which I feel I've responded appropriately (with a similarly trivial image instead of a well thought out reply). There are plenty of conservative posters here I will, and do, discuss issues with.
I really like how you shifted from attacking Beck, to attacking me, just to avoid the discussion. You have certainly captured the essence of what "progressive discussion" is really all about.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
I really like how you shifted from attacking Beck, to attacking me, just to avoid the discussion. You have certainly captured the essence of what "progressive discussion" is really all about.
Because it is about you. It's not about the topic or the idea it's about your sports team and how you like to show it.

Heaven forbid that people act like we live in a democracy. Heaven forbid there are more than 2 choices.

Instead of seaking information you are preaching to the choir because no-one else will spend the entire 10mins listening to fasism this and czar that.

If you happen disagree your an evil progressive. run run for the hills.

As for Beck what he says does make a lot of sense and does contain alot of facts. Of course if you knew anything about half the topic you'd relize just how many facts that have been left out. Just how many wild assumptions he makes to string those fact together.

If people just held him up as entertainment great. However, they don't some people quote him daily and about his "wisdom". Do you talk about the wisdom of other Actors?

The reason that people on a different political spectrum don't like him. Is because they don't like being lied about or have fantisy stories made up. Nore do they like the english language re-written to a twisted version of 1984.

Beck is a really smart guy however, I doubt it's for your benifit. Afterall you can pay him hundreds of dollars to take one of his university courses.

Last edited by Spector567 : 08-06-2010 at 08:02 AM.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:

Yeah, 'cause your "side" would never do that.

I think you should follow Beck, and besides, he's gonna bring your "honor" back.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucefan View Post
It really is incredible that people cant understand that Glenn's shows are the fusion of entertainment and information.

Glen uses humor to get people to watch, but his information, his research, his opinions, are all based in fact.

He is destroying and exposing the progressives, both on the right , and left, so again, Kazza, you should watch the show

Last night show was fantastic, exposing the lack of any common sense in the pensions being promised by state workers

But lets focus on Goldline, or Glenn making a comment about the devil himself

Unreal
Anyone getting their "information" from television is poisoned.

Get fucking real. Too goddamned lazy to read.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazza

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Must be the crying jags, he can do it on cue.[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']This is the new white minority politics in america. Appeals to the peckerwoods who feel the darkies are taking over "their" country and that they need to take it back. You're gonna see more of it and it'll get worse.[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']All based upon fear/emotion with no facts. It's very moving to the unenlightened.[/font]

Originally Posted by kazza

Old 08-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
Instead of seaking information you are preaching to the choir because no-one else will spend the entire 10mins listening to fasism this and czar that.
Tell that to the 3 million viewers he draws daily.

Quote:
If you happen disagree your an evil progressive. run run for the hills.
I never said that, nor do I believe it. We are talking about one topic here.

Quote:
As for Beck what he says does make a lot of sense and does contain alot of facts. Of course if you knew anything about half the topic you'd relize just how many facts that have been left out. Just how many wild assumptions he makes to string those fact together.
Please tell me what facts he left out and what assumptions he made in the video I posted.

Quote:
If people just held him up as entertainment great. However, they don't some people quote him daily and about his "wisdom". Do you talk about the wisdom of other Actors?
Insulting Beck and downplaying what he presents doesn't change a god damned thing. What he presents to his audience is honest, common sense truths about the state of this country and the direction it's being steered in. That's why the attacks on him are always of a personal nature, rather than substantive.

Quote:
The reason that people on a different political spectrum don't like him. Is because they don't like being lied about or have fantisy stories made up. Nore do they like the english language re-written to a twisted version of 1984.
More bullshit personal attacks and no specifics. Could you be any more typical?

Quote:
Beck is a really smart guy however, I doubt it's for your benifit. Afterall you can pay him hundreds of dollars to take one of his university courses.
Why don't you insult his religion, or call his wife a whore or something.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Tell that to the 3 million viewers he draws daily.

I never said that, nor do I believe it. We are talking about one topic here.

Please tell me what facts he left out and what assumptions he made in the video I posted.

Insulting Beck and downplaying what he presents doesn't change a god damned thing. What he presents to his audience is honest, common sense truths about the state of this country and the direction it's being steered in. That's why the attacks on him are always of a personal nature, rather than substantive.

More bullshit personal attacks and no specifics. Could you be any more typical?

Why don't you insult his religion, or call his wife a whore or something.

"Tell that to the 3 million viewers he draws daily."

You can always tell the fiercely 'independent' souls, they need the comfort of running in a pack.