report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on boa

Blind passengers are being ordered off buses or refused taxi rides because Muslim drivers or passengers object to their 'unclean' guide dogs.

One pensioner, a cancer sufferer, told how had twice been confronted by drivers and asked to get off the bus because of his guide dog, and had also faced hostility at a hospital and in a supermarket over the animal.

The problem to carry guide dogs on religious grounds has become so widespread that the matter was raised in the House of Lords last week, prompting transport minister Norman Baker to warn that a religious objection was not a reason to eject a passenger with a well-behaved guide dog.
George Herridge and his guide dog

While drivers can use their discretion to refuse to carry non-disabled passengers with dogs, they are compelled to accept guide dogs under disability discrimination law.

Yesterday both the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association and the National Federation of the Blind confirmed the problem was common, and, according to the latter organisation was 'getting worse'.

The tension stems from a strand of Islamic teaching which warns against contact with dogs because the animal's saliva was considered to be impure, the Muslim Council of Britain said.

It urged Muslims to show tolerance and common sense over the issue.

'We need to be flexible on this,' a spokesman said. 'Muslim drivers should have no hesitation in allowing guide dogs into their bus or car.

'If a dog does lick you, it's not the end of the world. Just go home and wash yourself.'

George Herridge, 73, a retired hospital maintenance manager, told the Daily Mail he was 'stunned' to be twice asked by bus drivers to leave their vehicles because of his guide dog Andy, a black Labrador.

Mr Herridge, who lives with wife Janet, 69, in Tilehurst, Reading, said that on the first occasion two years ago, he got off at the request of a Muslim driver because some Muslim children on board were 'screaming' because of the dog.(I can confirm this does happen, it pisses me off when I walk my WELL BEHAVED dog down a street, and Muslim kids and mums start freaking out. Fuck off out of my way, then)

He found himself in a similar scenario in May last year, when a Muslim woman and her children became 'hysterical'. Mr Herridge this time refused the driver's request to alight.

He complained to the bus company which launched an investigation. It later informed him the matter had been dealt with 'internally'.

Jill Allen-King, spokesman for the NFB, said she had been repeatedly left on the kerb by Muslim taxi drivers who refused to take her dog.

One cab driver told her he would have to 'go home now and wash myself' when she tried to enter his car with her dog.

Mr Baker yesterday warned bus and cab companies that, while there were within their rights to ask a passenger to leave if the dog was causing a nuisance, it was 'much more questionable to be asked to remove a dog for religious reasons'.

He added: 'One person's freedom is someone else's restriction.'

In 2006, Muslim minicab driver Abdul Rasheed Majekodumni was fined £200 and ordered to pay £1,200 costs by magistrates in Marylebone, central London, after being prosecuted for failing to comply with the Disability Discrimination Act when he refused to take a blind passenger because her guide dog was 'unclean'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0uFfmPNTh

(Not that I like using the DM as a source, but, come on!!!)

Bookmark and Share

Old 07-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
Youre right, the bus company must enforce the rights of the passengers (legal rights). If not ... the employees are failing, and should be sacked.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Yup, any sniff of something like this, and they should be fired, definitely.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Hating everyone equally since 1966

This was in Britian?
Thought they had laws in place to allow service animals in public spaces, much like here in the USA.

The drivers religion is irrevelant. If the law says to allow service animals, they must be allowed.
Hope the older man sues the bus company,with the drivers apology as part of the settlement.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Platinum Member

Once again, a bunch of entitled american handwringers shatting themselves about events in another nation and thinking they should get to have a say in it.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brywilson2 View Post
This was in Britian?
Thought they had laws in place to allow service animals in public spaces, much like here in the USA.

The drivers religion is irrevelant. If the law says to allow service animals, they must be allowed.
Hope the older man sues the bus company,with the drivers apology as part of the settlement.
They do.

Indeed, at least in my city, all dogs, as long as they are not aggressive, are allowed on public transport, for free.

I have yet to experience the problem with my dog, however, I can tell you, that if and when a Muslim tells me to get off, he can fuck right off.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermie View Post
Once again, a bunch of entitled american handwringers shatting themselves about events in another nation and thinking they should get to have a say in it.
They are as entitled to a view as anyone.

This is the internet, it's not a nation.

Fucking hell.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
They do.

Indeed, at least in my city, all dogs, as long as they are not aggressive, are allowed on public transport, for free.

I have yet to experience the problem with my dog, however, I can tell you, that if and when a Muslim tells me to get off, he can fuck right off.
I'm sure you're really close to having that happen aren'tcha.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
I'm sure you're really close to having that happen aren'tcha.
Well I don't know, do I Hermie, I cannot see into the future.

Christ on a bike, what is it with you!

Old 07-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well I don't know, do I Hermie, I cannot see into the future.

Christ on a bike, what is it with you!
The muslims are coming, the muslims are coming!!!!! They're gonna tell me I can't take my doggie on the bus!!!

What the fuck is it with you? Find a real problem son, it ain't like ya don't have 'em.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:41 PM
-- ---- --------, ---- ----.

Quote:
Blind passengers are being ordered off buses or refused taxi rides because Muslim drivers or passengers object to their 'unclean' guide dogs.

One pensioner, a cancer sufferer, told how had twice been confronted by drivers and asked to get off the bus because of his guide dog, and had also faced hostility at a hospital and in a supermarket over the animal.

The problem to carry guide dogs on religious grounds has become so widespread that the matter was raised in the House of Lords last week, prompting transport minister Norman Baker to warn that a religious objection was not a reason to eject a passenger with a well-behaved guide dog.
George Herridge and his guide dog

While drivers can use their discretion to refuse to carry non-disabled passengers with dogs, they are compelled to accept guide dogs under disability discrimination law.

Yesterday both the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association and the National Federation of the Blind confirmed the problem was common, and, according to the latter organisation was 'getting worse'.

The tension stems from a strand of Islamic teaching which warns against contact with dogs because the animal's saliva was considered to be impure, the Muslim Council of Britain said.

It urged Muslims to show tolerance and common sense over the issue.

'We need to be flexible on this,' a spokesman said. 'Muslim drivers should have no hesitation in allowing guide dogs into their bus or car.

'If a dog does lick you, it's not the end of the world. Just go home and wash yourself.'

George Herridge, 73, a retired hospital maintenance manager, told the Daily Mail he was 'stunned' to be twice asked by bus drivers to leave their vehicles because of his guide dog Andy, a black Labrador.

Mr Herridge, who lives with wife Janet, 69, in Tilehurst, Reading, said that on the first occasion two years ago, he got off at the request of a Muslim driver because some Muslim children on board were 'screaming' because of the dog.(I can confirm this does happen, it pisses me off when I walk my WELL BEHAVED dog down a street, and Muslim kids and mums start freaking out. Fuck off out of my way, then)

He found himself in a similar scenario in May last year, when a Muslim woman and her children became 'hysterical'. Mr Herridge this time refused the driver's request to alight.

He complained to the bus company which launched an investigation. It later informed him the matter had been dealt with 'internally'.

Jill Allen-King, spokesman for the NFB, said she had been repeatedly left on the kerb by Muslim taxi drivers who refused to take her dog.

One cab driver told her he would have to 'go home now and wash myself' when she tried to enter his car with her dog.

Mr Baker yesterday warned bus and cab companies that, while there were within their rights to ask a passenger to leave if the dog was causing a nuisance, it was 'much more questionable to be asked to remove a dog for religious reasons'.

He added: 'One person's freedom is someone else's restriction.'

In 2006, Muslim minicab driver Abdul Rasheed Majekodumni was fined £200 and ordered to pay £1,200 costs by magistrates in Marylebone, central London, after being prosecuted for failing to comply with the Disability Discrimination Act when he refused to take a blind passenger because her guide dog was 'unclean'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0uFfmPNTh

Good article... thanks for posting it. This seems to pose an interesting dilemma for the muslim drivers. I'm certain there is much more to this than simply washing one's hands. As I understand it ritual cleansing is a rather drawn out process, carried out in phases and involving ceremonial prayers. BUT... if that is the case then they're in the wrong line of work & maybe should take up something that permits them to control their environment.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
The muslims are coming, the muslims are coming!!!!! They're gonna tell me I can't take my doggie on the bus!!!

What the fuck is it with you? Find a real problem son, it ain't like ya don't have 'em.
Hermie.

The only man in the entire history of Scam.com to unite old adversaries. You should be flown out to the Middle East mate, and, when you pissed off both the Israeli's, and, also the people of Gaza, they would unite as well, and we would owe this all to you.

Well done.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
Good article... thanks for posting it. This seems to pose an interesting dilemma for the muslim drivers. I'm certain there is much more to this than simply washing one's hands. As I understand it ritual cleansing is a rather drawn out process, carried out in phases and involving ceremonial prayers. BUT... if that is the case then they're in the wrong line of work & maybe should take up something that permits them to control their environment.

I think it is down to their religion, Paul, I have researched this, because, as a dog owner, I used to wonder why Muslims would freak out, when I walk Ti Amo (my woof), down the road, even on a lead. We have a LOT of Pakistani's living in my city, and I tell you what mate, I have yet to meet ONE who is a dog owner.

There is another aspect too, I believe.

Apparently, in Pakistan, there are a lot of stray dogs with rabies, that run around, thus creating a sort of in built fear.

This fear is taken with them, when they move over here.

And passed on to their kids, when they are born here.

As you say, in terms of being employed in the public transport service, if this is such an issue for them, then they shouldn't be in this line of work, however, you can imagine, I am sure, the outcry if they were discluded from being able to do so.

Steve

Old 07-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Hermie.

The only man in the entire history of Scam.com to unite old adversaries. You should be flown out to the Middle East mate, and, when you pissed off both the Israeli's, and, also the people of Gaza, they would unite as well, and we would owe this all to you.

Well done.
Yeah, what a surprise, you're all alike. What, you never notived before?

Old 07-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Yeah, what a surprise, you're all alike. What, you never notived before?
Nope.

I have never notived before.

But I have noticed before.

Old 07-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Preserve. Protect. Defend.

LOL

Imagine the hand-wringing this is causing in the 'Office of Making all Things Perfect for Muslims who Complain'...

This would be simple if it were not the religion of peace (and murder!) we were talking about.

A basic 'sign here if you understand the responsibilities in this job' would be sufficient.

With the redundant addendum: 'sign here if you understand you don't have a job if you won't do your job...'

You know, I bet there are religious practices that exclude all kinds of human actions and interactions, from all the religions of the world.

How in the world do THEY go on?!

Make Your Heart As Big as Your Dreams
Is your future secured?
Do you have all the money you need?
Do you have a plan to achieve your financial goals?
Would you like to see one?
thinkdreamcreate@gmail.com
Think big. Dream big. Create a better world.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Not Banned Yet

Muslim are scum of the earth and must be eradicated.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revydo View Post
Muslim are scum of the earth and must be eradicated.
Oh lordy, he's back.