report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah Well Fine Then's Avatar
Yeah Well Fine Then Yeah Well Fine Then is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,597
Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on boa

Blind passengers are being ordered off buses or refused taxi rides because Muslim drivers or passengers object to their 'unclean' guide dogs.

One pensioner, a cancer sufferer, told how had twice been confronted by drivers and asked to get off the bus because of his guide dog, and had also faced hostility at a hospital and in a supermarket over the animal.

The problem to carry guide dogs on religious grounds has become so widespread that the matter was raised in the House of Lords last week, prompting transport minister Norman Baker to warn that a religious objection was not a reason to eject a passenger with a well-behaved guide dog.
George Herridge and his guide dog

While drivers can use their discretion to refuse to carry non-disabled passengers with dogs, they are compelled to accept guide dogs under disability discrimination law.

Yesterday both the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association and the National Federation of the Blind confirmed the problem was common, and, according to the latter organisation was 'getting worse'.

The tension stems from a strand of Islamic teaching which warns against contact with dogs because the animal's saliva was considered to be impure, the Muslim Council of Britain said.

It urged Muslims to show tolerance and common sense over the issue.

'We need to be flexible on this,' a spokesman said. 'Muslim drivers should have no hesitation in allowing guide dogs into their bus or car.

'If a dog does lick you, it's not the end of the world. Just go home and wash yourself.'

George Herridge, 73, a retired hospital maintenance manager, told the Daily Mail he was 'stunned' to be twice asked by bus drivers to leave their vehicles because of his guide dog Andy, a black Labrador.

Mr Herridge, who lives with wife Janet, 69, in Tilehurst, Reading, said that on the first occasion two years ago, he got off at the request of a Muslim driver because some Muslim children on board were 'screaming' because of the dog.(I can confirm this does happen, it pisses me off when I walk my WELL BEHAVED dog down a street, and Muslim kids and mums start freaking out. Fuck off out of my way, then)

He found himself in a similar scenario in May last year, when a Muslim woman and her children became 'hysterical'. Mr Herridge this time refused the driver's request to alight.

He complained to the bus company which launched an investigation. It later informed him the matter had been dealt with 'internally'.

Jill Allen-King, spokesman for the NFB, said she had been repeatedly left on the kerb by Muslim taxi drivers who refused to take her dog.

One cab driver told her he would have to 'go home now and wash myself' when she tried to enter his car with her dog.

Mr Baker yesterday warned bus and cab companies that, while there were within their rights to ask a passenger to leave if the dog was causing a nuisance, it was 'much more questionable to be asked to remove a dog for religious reasons'.

He added: 'One person's freedom is someone else's restriction.'

In 2006, Muslim minicab driver Abdul Rasheed Majekodumni was fined £200 and ordered to pay £1,200 costs by magistrates in Marylebone, central London, after being prosecuted for failing to comply with the Disability Discrimination Act when he refused to take a blind passenger because her guide dog was 'unclean'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0uFfmPNTh


(Not that I like using the DM as a source, but, come on!!!)
__________________
Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..


Bookmark and Share

Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 07-21-2010, 12:03 PM
thistle thistle is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,600
Re: Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
(Not that I like using the DM as a source, but, come on!!!)
Youre right, the bus company must enforce the rights of the passengers (legal rights). If not ... the employees are failing, and should be sacked.




Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 07-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Yeah Well Fine Then's Avatar
Yeah Well Fine Then Yeah Well Fine Then is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,597
Re: Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on

Yup, any sniff of something like this, and they should be fired, definitely.
__________________
Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..


Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 07-21-2010, 12:23 PM
brywilson2's Avatar
brywilson2 brywilson2 is offline
Hating everyone equally since 1966
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,586
Re: Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on

This was in Britian?
Thought they had laws in place to allow service animals in public spaces, much like here in the USA.

The drivers religion is irrevelant. If the law says to allow service animals, they must be allowed.
Hope the older man sues the bus company,with the drivers apology as part of the settlement.
__________________


Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 07-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Hermie Hermie is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,766
Re: Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on

Once again, a bunch of entitled american handwringers shatting themselves about events in another nation and thinking they should get to have a say in it.


Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 07-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Yeah Well Fine Then's Avatar
Yeah Well Fine Then Yeah Well Fine Then is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,597
Re: Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on

Quote:
Originally Posted by brywilson2 View Post
This was in Britian?
Thought they had laws in place to allow service animals in public spaces, much like here in the USA.

The drivers religion is irrevelant. If the law says to allow service animals, they must be allowed.
Hope the older man sues the bus company,with the drivers apology as part of the settlement.
They do.

Indeed, at least in my city, all dogs, as long as they are not aggressive, are allowed on public transport, for free.

I have yet to experience the problem with my dog, however, I can tell you, that if and when a Muslim tells me to get off, he can fuck right off.
__________________
Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..


Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 07-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Yeah Well Fine Then's Avatar
Yeah Well Fine Then Yeah Well Fine Then is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,597
Re: Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermie View Post
Once again, a bunch of entitled american handwringers shatting themselves about events in another nation and thinking they should get to have a say in it.
They are as entitled to a view as anyone.

This is the internet, it's not a nation.

Fucking hell.
__________________
Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..


Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 07-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Hermie Hermie is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,766
Re: Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
They do.

Indeed, at least in my city, all dogs, as long as they are not aggressive, are allowed on public transport, for free.

I have yet to experience the problem with my dog, however, I can tell you, that if and when a Muslim tells me to get off, he can fuck right off.
I'm sure you're really close to having that happen aren'tcha.


Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 07-21-2010, 01:35 PM
Yeah Well Fine Then's Avatar
Yeah Well Fine Then Yeah Well Fine Then is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,597
Re: Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermie View Post
I'm sure you're really close to having that happen aren'tcha.
Well I don't know, do I Hermie, I cannot see into the future.

Christ on a bike, what is it with you!
__________________
Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..


Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 07-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Hermie Hermie is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,766
Re: Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
Well I don't know, do I Hermie, I cannot see into the future.

Christ on a bike, what is it with you!
The muslims are coming, the muslims are coming!!!!! They're gonna tell me I can't take my doggie on the bus!!!

What the fuck is it with you? Find a real problem son, it ain't like ya don't have 'em.


Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 07-21-2010, 06:41 PM
PaulM's Avatar
PaulM PaulM is offline
-- ---- --------, ---- ----.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,327
Re: Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
Blind passengers are being ordered off buses or refused taxi rides because Muslim drivers or passengers object to their 'unclean' guide dogs.

One pensioner, a cancer sufferer, told how had twice been confronted by drivers and asked to get off the bus because of his guide dog, and had also faced hostility at a hospital and in a supermarket over the animal.

The problem to carry guide dogs on religious grounds has become so widespread that the matter was raised in the House of Lords last week, prompting transport minister Norman Baker to warn that a religious objection was not a reason to eject a passenger with a well-behaved guide dog.
George Herridge and his guide dog

While drivers can use their discretion to refuse to carry non-disabled passengers with dogs, they are compelled to accept guide dogs under disability discrimination law.

Yesterday both the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association and the National Federation of the Blind confirmed the problem was common, and, according to the latter organisation was 'getting worse'.

The tension stems from a strand of Islamic teaching which warns against contact with dogs because the animal's saliva was considered to be impure, the Muslim Council of Britain said.

It urged Muslims to show tolerance and common sense over the issue.

'We need to be flexible on this,' a spokesman said. 'Muslim drivers should have no hesitation in allowing guide dogs into their bus or car.

'If a dog does lick you, it's not the end of the world. Just go home and wash yourself.'

George Herridge, 73, a retired hospital maintenance manager, told the Daily Mail he was 'stunned' to be twice asked by bus drivers to leave their vehicles because of his guide dog Andy, a black Labrador.

Mr Herridge, who lives with wife Janet, 69, in Tilehurst, Reading, said that on the first occasion two years ago, he got off at the request of a Muslim driver because some Muslim children on board were 'screaming' because of the dog.(I can confirm this does happen, it pisses me off when I walk my WELL BEHAVED dog down a street, and Muslim kids and mums start freaking out. Fuck off out of my way, then)

He found himself in a similar scenario in May last year, when a Muslim woman and her children became 'hysterical'. Mr Herridge this time refused the driver's request to alight.

He complained to the bus company which launched an investigation. It later informed him the matter had been dealt with 'internally'.

Jill Allen-King, spokesman for the NFB, said she had been repeatedly left on the kerb by Muslim taxi drivers who refused to take her dog.

One cab driver told her he would have to 'go home now and wash myself' when she tried to enter his car with her dog.

Mr Baker yesterday warned bus and cab companies that, while there were within their rights to ask a passenger to leave if the dog was causing a nuisance, it was 'much more questionable to be asked to remove a dog for religious reasons'.

He added: 'One person's freedom is someone else's restriction.'

In 2006, Muslim minicab driver Abdul Rasheed Majekodumni was fined £200 and ordered to pay £1,200 costs by magistrates in Marylebone, central London, after being prosecuted for failing to comply with the Disability Discrimination Act when he refused to take a blind passenger because her guide dog was 'unclean'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0uFfmPNTh


(Not that I like using the DM as a source, but, come on!!!)
Good article... thanks for posting it. This seems to pose an interesting dilemma for the muslim drivers. I'm certain there is much more to this than simply washing one's hands. As I understand it ritual cleansing is a rather drawn out process, carried out in phases and involving ceremonial prayers. BUT... if that is the case then they're in the wrong line of work & maybe should take up something that permits them to control their environment.

.


Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 07-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Yeah Well Fine Then's Avatar
Yeah Well Fine Then Yeah Well Fine Then is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,597
Re: Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermie View Post
The muslims are coming, the muslims are coming!!!!! They're gonna tell me I can't take my doggie on the bus!!!

What the fuck is it with you? Find a real problem son, it ain't like ya don't have 'em.
Hermie.

The only man in the entire history of Scam.com to unite old adversaries. You should be flown out to the Middle East mate, and, when you pissed off both the Israeli's, and, also the people of Gaza, they would unite as well, and we would owe this all to you.

Well done.
__________________
Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..


Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 07-21-2010, 10:18 PM
Yeah Well Fine Then's Avatar
Yeah Well Fine Then Yeah Well Fine Then is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,597
Re: Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM View Post
Good article... thanks for posting it. This seems to pose an interesting dilemma for the muslim drivers. I'm certain there is much more to this than simply washing one's hands. As I understand it ritual cleansing is a rather drawn out process, carried out in phases and involving ceremonial prayers. BUT... if that is the case then they're in the wrong line of work & maybe should take up something that permits them to control their environment.

.
I think it is down to their religion, Paul, I have researched this, because, as a dog owner, I used to wonder why Muslims would freak out, when I walk Ti Amo (my woof), down the road, even on a lead. We have a LOT of Pakistani's living in my city, and I tell you what mate, I have yet to meet ONE who is a dog owner.

There is another aspect too, I believe.

Apparently, in Pakistan, there are a lot of stray dogs with rabies, that run around, thus creating a sort of in built fear.

This fear is taken with them, when they move over here.

And passed on to their kids, when they are born here.

As you say, in terms of being employed in the public transport service, if this is such an issue for them, then they shouldn't be in this line of work, however, you can imagine, I am sure, the outcry if they were discluded from being able to do so.

Steve
__________________
Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..


Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 07-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Hermie Hermie is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,766
Re: Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then View Post
Hermie.

The only man in the entire history of Scam.com to unite old adversaries. You should be flown out to the Middle East mate, and, when you pissed off both the Israeli's, and, also the people of Gaza, they would unite as well, and we would owe this all to you.

Well done.
Yeah, what a surprise, you're all alike. What, you never notived before?


Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 07-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Yeah Well Fine Then's Avatar
Yeah Well Fine Then Yeah Well Fine Then is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,597
Re: Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermie View Post
Yeah, what a surprise, you're all alike. What, you never notived before?
Nope.

I have never notived before.

But I have noticed before.
__________________
Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..


Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 07-22-2010, 01:49 PM
pwrone's Avatar
pwrone pwrone is offline
Preserve. Protect. Defend.
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 14,076
Re: Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on

LOL

Imagine the hand-wringing this is causing in the 'Office of Making all Things Perfect for Muslims who Complain'...


This would be simple if it were not the religion of peace (and murder!) we were talking about.

A basic 'sign here if you understand the responsibilities in this job' would be sufficient.

With the redundant addendum: 'sign here if you understand you don't have a job if you won't do your job...'


You know, I bet there are religious practices that exclude all kinds of human actions and interactions, from all the religions of the world.

How in the world do THEY go on?!






.
__________________
________________

Make Your Heart As Big as Your Dreams
Is your future secured?
Do you have all the money you need?
Do you have a plan to achieve your financial goals?
Would you like to see one?
thinkdreamcreate@gmail.com
Think big. Dream big. Create a better world.


Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 07-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Revydo's Avatar
Revydo Revydo is offline
Not Banned Yet
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: where groids don't
Posts: 1,696
Re: Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on

Muslim are scum of the earth and must be eradicated.
__________________
Signature back in one week


Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 07-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Yeah Well Fine Then's Avatar
Yeah Well Fine Then Yeah Well Fine Then is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,597
Re: Muslim bus drivers refuse to let guide dogs on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revydo View Post
Muslim are scum of the earth and must be eradicated.
Oh lordy, he's back.
__________________
Every Saint has a past, every sinner has a future..



Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Europe Business Guide aka World Business Guide Aminah Robertson Internet Scams 0 03-25-2011 09:16 AM
MSNBC, CNBC Refuse to Run Pro-War Ads Grim17 Political Chat 18 08-31-2007 10:02 PM
They'll Never Put A Chip In Me! I'll Refuse. boone Political Chat 2 12-24-2005 07:09 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the Userís own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.