report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mortgage Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2010, 05:18 PM
I am new at Scam.com

KEL attorneys mortgage help Orlando...any info?

Has anyone heard of KEL attoryneys in Orlando Fl.?

Old 06-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: KEL attorneys mortgage help Orlando...any info

Last edited by mumbles : 06-15-2010 at 09:40 PM.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Old 11-13-2010, 04:51 PM
I am new at Scam.com

They are a FRAUD!!, they got me for $3000 to do a loan modification in June. I paid them there 500 dollar a month fee and they told me they were in contact with bank of america and for me to send in my w2s taxes etc. 2 weeks later they said they needed me to send them again. I told them I wasnt going to play the banks game that they were already being sued for. About 4 months later I got a notice of default because these crooks told me to stop paying my mortgage because that was the only way they would do a modification and of course you would have money to pay them. After I called bank of america they said that they had no record of me being represented by anybody. When I complained to kelattornies and demanded that they sue BOA to stop my foreclosure that they charged me an extra 300 dollars for that they said I had to pay for filing fees but then they never filed the law suit. After I complained they sent me a letter saying they were no longer representing me and they were not going to refund my money. KELATTORNIES FRAUD

Old 11-14-2010, 06:54 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I hired them after I was unjustly put in foreclosure from First Franklin we hired KEl after being highly recommended they did nothing for us but sit on their hands we were 30 days from a modification when FF sold our loan to BOA now KEL wants more money after doing nothing for us.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:53 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I am going through the same situation. You can do a few things:

Contact the Orange County, Fl Bar
Contact the Florida Bar
Contact the BBB and file a complaint.

My case is they are extremely hard to get a hold of. Do not return phone calls or emails. I feel like I paid for nothing.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:28 PM
I am new at Scam.com

OMG they are doing the dame to my boyfriend, we are in broward county and when i called them they said they will be comming to represent him long story short today was the mediation and the send an attorney from another law firm who agreed with the bank instead of defending my boyfriend, we are desperate,.....

Old 02-21-2011, 08:29 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Well , they took my money and I received no modification, no deed in lieu no anything that helped me whatsoever. I lost 15k in equity in the property, the fees I sent KEL and wound up with a foreclosure on my credit report. **** KEL, I thing they are ****bags.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:06 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Wished I would have seen this b4 I hired them. Their service is awful.

BTW: There are 0 complaints at BBB; and I tried looking them up at the Florida Bar Association and couldn't find anything at all. This has been the most frustrating situation that I've ever been in.

Old 04-04-2011, 08:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Update, the Washington state bar association is investigating this firm on my behalf. Any lawyers out there who want to take a class action law suit you have a clients here.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:50 PM
I am new at Scam.com

My experience is similar to Saul Meschach. I paid KEL $3,250 last year to do a mortgage modification. I sent in all required documents. They did nothing. Two days ago, I was served with foreclosure summons. I called their office, was told to fax over paperwork. They were very rude to me. I faxed the paperwork, but they never responded - I have yet to talk with one of their attorneys.

I recently hired another law firm to represent me in the foreclosure action. I intend to send a Florida Bar complaint against KEL and sue them for legal malpractice. I have heard horror stories from others about how badly KEL messed up their loan modifications, ect.

WARNING: Those of you who hired KEL and still think that they are actually going to do something for you, you are being scammed in the worst possible way!!! Find another lawyer or law firm. ASAP!

I'm sure that someone somewhere will initial a class action lawsuit against KEL - I plan to sign up. Recently, KEL was banned from practicing bankruptcy cases in the Middle District of Florida. Do a Google search and you will see the article.

If my post convinces one person not to hire KEL, then it will be worth it. They are a nightmare.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:16 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I heard the KEL owns a baseball team and a rock band. And, that the attorneys with the firm are the players. Does anyone have any information as how I can get tickets? Thanks all!

Old 07-28-2011, 01:18 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul_meshach View Post
They are a FRAUD!!, they got me for $3000 to do a loan modification in June. I paid them there 500 dollar a month fee and they told me they were in contact with bank of america and for me to send in my w2s taxes etc. 2 weeks later they said they needed me to send them again. I told them I wasnt going to play the banks game that they were already being sued for. About 4 months later I got a notice of default because these crooks told me to stop paying my mortgage because that was the only way they would do a modification and of course you would have money to pay them. After I called bank of america they said that they had no record of me being represented ** anybody. When I complained to kelattornies and demanded that they sue BOA to stop my foreclosure that they charged me an extra 300 dollars for that they said I had to pay for filing fees but then they never filed the law suit. After I complained they sent me a letter saying they were no longer representing me and they were not going to refund my money. KELATTORNIES FRAUD

** the Way, Stop belly-aching you piece of fraud ... KEL or any other firm cannot strong arm banks into qualifying you for loan modification IF YOU DO NOT QUALIFY. Grow a brain, bone up, and get with the program.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:19 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karyn99 View Post
My experience is similar to Saul Meschach. I paid KEL $3,250 last year to do a mortgage modification. I sent in all required documents. They did nothing. Two days ago, I was served with foreclosure summons. I called their office, was told to fax over paperwork. They were very rude to me. I faxed the paperwork, but they never responded - I have yet to talk with one of their attorneys.

I recently hired another law firm to represent me in the foreclosure action. I intend to send a Florida Bar complaint against KEL and sue them for legal malpractice. I have heard horror stories from others about how badly KEL messed up their loan modifications, ect.

WARNING: Those of you who hired KEL and still think that they are actually going to do something for you, you are being scammed in the worst possible way!!! Find another lawyer or law firm. ASAP!

I'm sure that someone somewhere will initial a class action lawsuit against KEL - I plan to sign up. Recently, KEL was banned from practicing bankruptcy cases in the Middle District of Florida. Do a Google search and you will see the article.

If my post convinces one person not to hire KEL, then it will be worth it. They are a nightmare.

DIPShit! You fell prey to your own greed. Know better next time...

Old 07-28-2011, 01:22 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I am no fan of KEL. The thing I love most about this thread, is that the shitsheads belly-aching about being defrauded ** KEL were taken while trying to defraud their lender. Heads-up: No one is giving away houses for free.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:24 AM
I am new at Scam.com

My wife and I had been foreclosed on and the house had all ready been sold on the courthouse steps. This was not from a bank but with a private lender. There were a lot of complications through out the foreclosure. We saw a KEL Attorneys commercial on TV and decided to give them a call. They listened to our story, and said that we had 30 days after the sale on the courthouse steps to file a motion to set aside the judgement.We said ok and they told us to pay them $850.00 to get started and if they got a hearing we would pay $2,000.00. We never did talk to the attorney they assigned us in Orlando, but they sent us a a letter with the date of our hearing.
I arrived at the courthouse about 30 minutes early, but no attorney showed up. The judge gave me 5 more minutes for my attorney to arrive, when I saw a man who looked lost. I asked him if he was from KEL, and he said that he was from Jacksonville and the attorney that was assigned the case had faxed him the info, and he didn't have chance to read it yet.
We went into the judges chambers, and when he asked my attorney to tell him why the judgement should be set aside, he didn't know what to say so I started to talk to refresh the judges's memory and he said " you can't talk you have representation". At that point the attorney said your honor kel just faxed me this case this morning and I don't know anything about it, so I will defer to my client, he knows what is going on. I told the judge what I thought the reason to set aside was, when the lender's attorney said that we didn't have 30 days from the sale on the courthouse steps, but 30 days from the judgement and we filed to late. The judge said that was right. We lost and that was it.
Not only did Kel take our money after the time was up, but they sent an attorney who didn't even work for their law firm.
I am pursuing retribution and some kind of sanction by the Florida Bar now. If you know anybody who has been taken by them and want to get something going post it on this forum and I'm in. http://www.scam.com/images/smilies/judges.gif

Old 02-09-2012, 08:13 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Wow, I posted last year and didn't realize how many more complaints there were. I feel horrible that so many people have experienced negative results with KEL. By in large, most attorney's I've worked with are very responsive and get positive results. Since my last posting, I've helped several more former KEL clients from this board short sale their Orlando area properties. It's quite an easy process if you have honest and hard working people working for you. We close each short sale in an average of 4 months. Less if it's a cut and dry transaction. In most cases, I already have buyers...so no long listings on MLS. All I can say is if you or anyone you know is interested in the option of short selling vs. foreclosure, please call or email me. By the way, talking to me is free!

Sean Spencer
Licensed Real Estate Advisor
Owner: Spencer Realty Professionals (look us up on Google)
407-770-0327 (choose option 3) and you'll get my direct line
www.SpencerRealtyPros.com

Old 08-03-2012, 09:03 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: KEL attorneys mortgage help Orlando...any info?

KEL is completely a FRAUD. They were handling my short sale, THANK GOD I FIRED them today.
I plan on filing complaints with the Florida Bar, Orange County Bar Association and the State Attorneys office.

Does anyone know if a Class Action suit has been filed against them?