report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2010, 09:17 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Amazon Scam

BEWARE OF THIS AMAZON SCAM.

It was well put together and I thought that it was Amazon who sent me this email. The email address that this person used was (ORDERS@AMAZON.COM) to try and convince me that the email was authentic. In the subject, it said (ORDERS). They also wrote me an email the day before saying using this email (MUSAYUSUF29@YAHOO.COM OR MUSAYUSUF29 AT YAHOO DOT COM)

What I did was looked at my Amazon account and see if my item was sold and it wasn't. Make sure you check your sellers account and make sure you're item has been sold before you make any moves!

NOTE- Below is what the email had said.

Dear...

Your Amazon.com Marketplace Sale has been CONFIRMED. We have Deposited your Earnings from the Sale of this Item into our Payments Account, but it's yet to be Transfered into your amazon Account.This includes a Postage Credit of $90.00 If you haven't already Provided Us with your Bank Account Information, Please do so at your Earliest Convenience, because we can not Transfer Funds to you until you Provide your Bank Account Detail's and if we do have your Bank Account with us already, we hereby inform you that you should go ahead with the Item Shippment within the next 1or 2-Days and email us back with the Shippment Tracking Number.

PLEASE DISPATCH ITEM IMMEDIATELY

*MY ITEM WAS LISTED 1ST*

You have agreed to Dispatch no later than One or Two Working Days after the Buyer's Purchase on 14.06.2010. In the Unfortunate case that you cannot Provide the Item which you have Sold on amazoncom or do not want to ship outside the USA and Payment has been removed from the Buyer's Account, you should Issue a Full Refund through Western Union Money Transfer or eMoney Gram Outlet and email Us back with the Full Payment Sent Detail's.

ACCOUNT:
http:s1amazon.comexecvarzeasubstyour-accountseller-account-payments.html
Your Buyer's Delivery Address is below ( please use your own address as the return address and enclose the packing slip for your Buyer's Reference):
NOTE: You WIll have to Ship Item and email Us the Tracking Reference Number of the Shipment for the Release of Funds to be Authorised to your Current Account. Also Item will be ended up once this is done. Get back to Us on:cus-o4-ser :(amazon-esalessellerservicepay@inmail24.com).

Here are the details of your Completed Amazon Marketplace sale:

Order #:276-8461914-6436246
Listings: 1
Total Item Count: 18
Listing 1 *MY ITEM IM SELLING [Electronics]*

Listing ID: 0515G****
SKU:
Quantity: 1
Buyer's Price: $1,750.00
Postage & Handling:$90.00
Total Amount: ($1,840.00)
----------
Less Amazon.com. Marketplace Fees: ($7.76)
Less VAT on Amazon.com Marketplace: ($30.00)
Total Due Seller: $1,810.00
For General Questions about Amazon.com Marketplace: You will find more information here: http:wwwamazon.comexecobidostgbrowse-3149141
Amazon.com Marketplace -- Amazon Services Europe S.a.rl.Sell Your
Stuff http:www.amazon.com.marketplace

PACKING SLIP:
Amazon.com Marketplace Item.* MY ITEM IM SELLING*[Electronics]
Listing ID: 0515G*****

Purchased on: 14.06.2010
Dispatched by:

INVOICE ADDRESS:
Name: Adewole Benson
Address Line 1: 20,Olabayo Avenue
Address Line 2:
Town City : Shomolu
County: Lagos State
Post Code: 23401

DELIVERY ADDRESS:
Dispatch to : Adewole Benson
Address Line 1: 20,Olabayo Avenue
Address Line 2:
Town City : Shomolu
County: Lagos State
Post Code: 23401

Buyer Name: Yusuf Musa
Buyer e-mail: musayusuf29@yahoo.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
DISPATCH LABEL
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Name : Adewole Benson
Address :20,Olabayo Avenue
City : Shomolu
State : Lagos
Zip-Code : 23401

Old 06-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Coffee Marketer

Re: Amazon Scam

this is a spoof e-mail you should try forwarding it to spoof@amazon.com most websites have a spoof mail box in place incase fraudsters are using their brand for the wrong reasons.

BTW if you have brought anything off amazon you might want to keep an eye on your bank/ creditcard statement as they have a habit of tricking people at the checkout with free offers that aren't free - if you see $4 -$10 USD's trickling out of your account and you can't think where it is going, you really have been screwed by one of the many companies that add auto subscriptions to the checkout - now that is the REAL scam with them.

www.123contactform.com/contact-form-lemonpies

Old 06-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Glad you figured out that 'fake shipping confirmation' type scam before losing money and your electronics. That email was better than most scammy emails.

As you have realized, Amazon (and ebay, paypal, etc) do not send out such emails and do not ask for confirmation of bank details or demand tracking numbers to 'release' the money.

What you have there is a 'double-dipper' scammer.

He wanted your bank account information to spoof a deposit and then demand you send the 'shipper' the 'excess' money to pay the shipping charges. The 'shipper' email address would have been him, just using another of his fake names and fake email addresses. The scammer using the fake shipper email address would have demanded you send the payment by Western Union. This way, he receives your cash anonymously.

The second half of the scam was you sending the 'item'. Sellers of electronics, high end clothing and jewelry have to be extremely cautious, scamming fake buyers will do everything they can to convince the seller to ship their items. There is not any kind of escrow, money holding, amazon/ebay/paypal transaction protection third party entity company out there. Those types of emails are always from a scammer.

Notice how the emails send to you never once called what was being sold/purchased by name but instead used the word 'item'. That is another red flag, scammers send hundreds of emails to amazon and ebay sellers and can't be bothered to even know what the seller is selling. The scammers just send the exact same cut-n-paste email to every seller they can find, always calling what is for sale an 'item'.

The free email address, yahoo, and odd capital letters are both clues that the emails were send from a scammer.

Since you are selling on amazon, you will receive dozens more fake buyer emails. Some will be as sophisticated as this one, others will be obvious scams. All will sound similar, ship overseas, some kind of escrow service, demand of the tracking number, sense of urgency, free email address and usually some story about purchasing the 'item' as a gift, lame reasons why they can't call or show up in person and mention of Western Union somewhere in the emails.

When suspicious or just plain curious, always post/ask here and on every scam-warner-fraud-watching site you can find before taking a chance and losing money and electronics to a scammer.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 06-16-2010, 01:33 AM
Those who can, do...others cry scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonknickers View Post
this is a spoof e-mail you should try forwarding it to spoof@amazon.com most websites have a spoof mail box in place incase fraudsters are using their brand for the wrong reasons.

BTW if you have brought anything off amazon you might want to keep an eye on your bank/ creditcard statement as they have a habit of tricking people at the checkout with free offers that aren't free - if you see $4 -$10 USD's trickling out of your account and you can't think where it is going, you really have been screwed by one of the many companies that add auto subscriptions to the checkout - now that is the REAL scam with them.
hmmm thats quite interesting... Have bought things from amazon for 2 years now and never have seen those types of free offers.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewP View Post
hmmm thats quite interesting... Have bought things from amazon for 2 years now and never have seen those types of free offers.
I have been buying and selling on Amazon for nearly 4 years and have never encountered these free offers.
I have encountered them on Crai*g*sLi*st. I sell on there and have received all kinds of bogus offers.

Free Tools and Resources for making money online: Raief.com.

26 free videos on how to create a web business.

Old 12-11-2010, 02:13 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I just got hit by 2 of these. It appears that they are using product inquiry to phish for people to respond to them. Probally get a high hit rate from people looking to sell. I wanted to include the full e-mails here, just to help google connect these dots for people looking to verify suspicions.

Product details inquiry from Amazon customer [e-mail address removed]
mailed-by marketplace.amazon.com
hide details Dec 6 (4 days ago)
Item: [Exact Description of my amazon item listing]

------------- Begin message -------------

Please send pictures attachment from your personal e-m ail to : michealdoris63 @ y a h o o . c o m

------------- End message -------------

For Your Information: To help arbitrate disputes and preserve trust and safety, we retain all messages buyers and sellers send through Amazon.com for two years. This includes your response to the message above. Amazon.com uses filtering technology to protect buyers and sellers from possible fraud. Messages that fail this filtering will not be transmitted.
We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products on Amazon.com. Learn more about Safe Online Shopping (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...odeId=10412241) and our safe buying guarantee (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...&nodeId=537868).

[commMgrTok:AWMQALUWNPUJM]

Unfortunately, I was dumb enough to assume that the e-mail was legit, and I forwarded pictures immediately.

Interestingly enough, they did get back to me.

Hello,
Thanks for your kind and swift response and i hope all is moving on smoothly with you and your family.
Also thanks for the pics.Kindly forward your Seller name and Asin number? to enable locate your item because my computer rebooted ?
Because i will be needing the item as a christmas gift to my father which will be post to him directly.
And I am looking forward to place the order right now,but i want to be sure if you would be able to ship the item unfailingly this week ?
If you agree to ship,please get back to me and let me know before i make purchase on amazon .
Thanks

To: "michealdoris63@yahoo.com - Amazon Marketplace" ; michealdoris63@yahoo.com
Sent: Tue, December 7, 2010 2:47:20 AM
Subject: Re: Product details inquiry from Amazon customer [e-mail address removed]
[Quoted text hidden]

Bob Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 4:07 AM
To: Micheal Doris

I include link to my item.

If you purchase it today, I would be able to get it sent out the day of, as long as the purchase is made by 4:30 PM (as that is when packages are picked up from my my work)

Thanks for your interest!

-Bob

Re: Please use International Signed for Priority Handling delivery at the post office ]
1 message
Micheal Doris Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 1:50 AM
To: Bob
Hey,
I am terribly sorry it took me this long to place order. My mum had to fly up to New York because my grandmother was hospitalized, and just got back today. I just made payment for the item.

Thanks. I just want to inform you that i went ahead to make payment for your item and i have finished the procedure for the check-out and i believe amazon would notify you as soon as possible, am sending this item as a gift present to my father and i don't want you to write the content on the package because it is expected to be a surprise gift, you may just wrap and write gift item on it.

Please use International Signed for Priority Handling delivery at the post office and here is the shipping address below...

Mr David Micheal
116, Baale Animashaun Road,Alakuko
Lagos,23401.
Nigeria.

Note: Please do not use courier or express service for this shipment use REGISTERED MAIL, First-Class Mail International
at the post office service for this shipment/postage and the reference number has to start with ( CP )

I will be awaiting your reply as soon as possible concerning postage details.
Thanks

I received another inquiry like the one before. This had even worse spelling.

Inquiry from Amazon customer Racheal Chan
7 messages
Racheal Chan - Amazon Marketplace <5yjdpkjsk2yr9tk@marketplace.amazon.com> Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 7:56 AM
Reply-To: Racheal Chan - Amazon Marketplace <5yjdpkjsk2yr9tk@marketplace.amazon.com>
Item: [Exact Description of my amazon item listing]
------------- Begin message -------------

Hi,
I saw your advert on Amazon and would like to know if you can sell this item to me,as i need this item for a wedding gift for a friend of mine who lives in Ghana.i`ll appreciate if this mail is treated as a matter of urgency and pls do reply with your personal email.my personal....rachealchan20102011................... ...gmail.........................i will be waiting to hear from you back soon.

thanks

For Your Information: To help arbitrate disputes and preserve trust and safety, we retain all messages buyers and sellers send through Amazon.com for two years. This includes your response to the message above. Amazon.com uses filtering technology to protect buyers and sellers from possible fraud. Messages that fail this filtering will not be transmitted.
We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products on Amazon.com. Learn more about Safe Online Shopping (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...odeId=10412241) and our safe buying guarantee (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...&nodeId=537868).

[commMgrTok:A3KMX8K6B419V2]
Bob Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 1:14 PM
To: Racheal Chan - Amazon Marketplace <5yjdpkjsk2yr9tk@marketplace.amazon.com>
Hey,

I can indeed sell this item to you. I do have issue shipping outside
of the US. I could accommodate this, but you would have to pay the
shipping.

-Bob
[Quoted text hidden]
Bob Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 1:18 PM
To: rachealchan20102011@gmail.com, 5yjdpkjsk2yr9tk@marketplace.amazon.com
Hey,

I had to take pictures for a different inquiry, so I thought I would
send them to you as well. It was hard to show the scratches on the
cover with the glossy finish. DSC01147 does the best job.

Again, this is for item:

[link to my item]
-Bob

7 attachments
DSC01146.JPG
DSC01145.JPG
DSC01141.JPG
DSC01140.JPG
DSC01139.JPG
DSC01144.JPG
DSC01147.JPG
Mail Delivery System Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 1:21 PM
To:
The following message to <5yjdpkjsk2yr9tk@marketplace.amazon.com> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 552-'5.3.4 Message size exceeds fixed limit'

Final-Recipient: rfc822;5yjdpkjsk2yr9tk@marketplace.amazon.com
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; [72.21.207.93]
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 552-'5.3.4 Message size exceeds fixed limit' (delivery attempts: 0)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: rachealchan20102011@gmail.com, 5yjdpkjsk2yr9tk@marketplace.amazon.com
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 13:18:02 -0500
Subject: Inquiry from Amazon customer Racheal Chan

noname
Racheal Chan - Amazon Marketplace <5yjdpkjsk2yr9tk@marketplace.amazon.com> Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 6:10 AM
Reply-To: Racheal Chan - Amazon Marketplace <5yjdpkjsk2yr9tk@marketplace.amazon.com>
To: e-mail>
thanks for the response

i understand and i will appreciate it if you can send it to her. sending the laptop through the post office will cost less. i dont know if you have paypal account? rachealchan20102011 @ gmail com

i will appreciate it to hear from you back

thanks

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 11:14 AM, - Amazon Marketplace <[e-mail address removed]> wrote:
Hey,

I can indeed sell this item to you. I do have issue shipping outside of the US. I could accommodate this, but you would have to pay the shipping.

-Bob

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 7:56 AM, Racheal Chan - Amazon Marketplace
<[e-mail address removed]> wrote:
> Item: [Exact Description of my amazon item listing] [ASIN: legit]
>
> ------------- Begin message -------------
>
> Hi,
> I saw your advert on Amazon and would like to know if you can sell this item to me,as i need this item for a wedding gift for a friend of mine who lives in Ghana.i`ll appreciate if this mail is treated as a matter of urgency and pls do reply with your personal email.my personal....rachealchan20102011................... ...gmail.........................i will be waiting to hear from you back soon.
>
> thanks
>
> ------------- End message -------------
>
> For Your Information: To help arbitrate disputes and preserve trust and safety, we retain all messages buyers and sellers send through Amazon.com for two years. This includes your response to the message above. Amazon.com uses filtering technology to protect buyers and sellers from possible fraud. Messages that fail this filtering will not be transmitted.
> We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products on Amazon.com. Learn more about Safe Online Shopping (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...odeId=10412241) and our safe buying guarantee (http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...&nodeId=537868).
>
>
>

[commMgrTok:ABK0G9Y3N4UTC]
Racheal Chan Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 6:13 AM
thanks for the response

it was a nice picture and am sorry for the stress given you on this. i will appreciate it if you can get back to me with your paypal email address and price for the laptop

i will appreciate it to hear from you back soon

thanks
[Quoted text hidden]
Bob Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 6:20 AM
To: Racheal Chan
Just purchase the laptop through amazon. I have updated the price to reflect what I think the trouble would be to ship to you.

-Bob

I know I should not have responded to this one, but at this point, I was making sure my item was still there. It was kinda silly too because I made the item cost 1,000,000. I didn't know if the guy was going to use a stolen CC number or something. After I upped the price for the item, I decided that I was going to report this and post my experience somewhere.

This one is the scary one. Upon checking my amazon account, I confirmed that the item had not been purchased.

Bob
"Sold - Ship Now!" [Exact Description of the item]
1 message
Amazon.com Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 1:46 AM
To: [my e-mail]
Dear [my e-mail],

Your Amazon.com Marketplace sale has been confirmed.

Order ID: 738-0157085-6017455

Please dispatch these products using USA Postal Service (Priority mail International) with the Reference/Tracking number that start's with (RE)or(RA)or (RR) Registered Delivery.

Item: in by [my name] ( *my username*)

Condition: Used - Good

Condition Note: In Stock.

Item: [Exact Description of the item]

Seller ID:[This may have been the correct info, not sure where to find this to be honest. Clever Nigerians.]
ASIN:[legit]
Purchased on: 10/12/2010
Buyer\'s Price: $300.00
Amazon Commission: ($6.33)
VAT on Amazon.com Marketplace: ($0.40)
Postage Credit: $60.47
Your Earnings: $353.74

You have agreed to ship not later than two business days after the buyer\'s purchase on 10/12/2010.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
BUYER\'S INFORMATION FOR THIS ORDER:
Cardholder\'s Name: Ms Micheal Doris
Card Type: Master Card
Address Line 1: 49 Worle Moor
Address Line 2:
Town / City : Salt Lake
State: Utah
Post Code/Zip Code: UT 84150

Amazon Buyer\'s e-mail: michealdoris63@yahoo.com

SHIPPING INFORMATION FOR THIS ORDER:
Here is your buyer\'s shipping address (use your own address as the return address, and enclose the packing slip in this e-mail for your buyer\'s reference):

Shipping Label
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --
PACKING SLIP:
Amazon Marketplace Item: [Exact Description of the item]

SHIPPING ADDRESS:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ship to: Mr.David Micheal
Address Line 1:116, Baale Animashaun Road,Alakuko.
Address Line 2:
Address Line 3: City: Alagbado, Lagos.
State: Lagos
Zip Code: 23401

Amazon Buyer\'s e-mail: michealdoris63@yahoo.com

Amazon Seller\'s email:

Note that Amazon.com is crediting you $60.47 in addition to your net sales price to help cover delivery costs. You are required to dispatch these items even if the postage credit does not fully cover your delivery costs.

Important Notice: Only ship to the address given to you by Amazon.com Marketplace. Do not honor buyer\'s request to ship orders to any address other than the one provided by Amazon.comMarketplace. Payment for the sale may be withheld if these guidelines are not followed. Kindly go and make the shipment via USA Postal Service to the shipping address provided for you.

Failure to dispatch on time may lead to negative seller feedback, revocation of postage credits, or even suspension of your seller account.

ABOUT YOUR PAYMENT:

This transaction will be posted to your Amazon Payments account shortly. Funds in your Amazon Payments account are automatically disbursed every 14 days.

Please make sure you have entered your bank account information. Amazon Payments cannot disburse funds to you until you provide this information. To do so:

1. Go to Your Seller Account by clicking \"Your Account\" at the top of any Amazon.com page, then clicking \"Your Seller Account\" on the right side of the page, under Marketplace.

2. Click the Account Information link in the Settings section.

3. Add or change your bank account information by clicking the Edit button in the Bank Account section.

To protects our customers, we\'ve already have the money in our Account and ready to be transferred into your Amazon Account. Your FUNDS will not be TRANSFERRED into your Amazon Payments Account and your item will not be REMOVED from Amazon.com web-pages not until you go and post/ship the item to the address given to you and get back to our Customer Care Service at: (customer.serv@consultant.com) with the Postage Reference Number so that we can Transfer your Funds into your Amazon Account.

NOTE ****

You are not allowed to send the Postage Reference Number to the buyer not until you received your funds into your Amazon Account but immediately you ship the item send the postage reference number to our customer care at: (customer.serv@consultant.com) and we will track it and transfer your money immediately into your Amazon Account.

--Got more questions? You\'ll find answers about selling on Amazon.com at: www.amazon.com/make-money--Cant find the answer to your question on our website? Got a suggestion for us? Contact Amazon.com customer service at (customer.serv@consultant.com).

Thank you for selling on Amazon.com.

Amazon.com,--Amazon Services SARL Sell Your Stuffhttp: www.amazon.com./marketplace
NOTE: (This message was sent to you by an automated e-mail system. Please don\'t reply to it).

Old 01-13-2011, 01:24 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Wow, this person "girl" is slick. The first email from her said that she wanted to buy my item from her email personally. Then she asked me for the ASIN/ISBN# to my item that she wanted to buy because she said that her computer was reset. I then unknowingly sent her the ISBN number to this product. And the next email came also from her saying that she recently purchased my item along with the address she wanted this to be sent to her so-called dad as a present. Also I received another email at the same time that I almost fell for saying it's from the so-called amazon site. In this "almost perfect" to the real amazon confirmation email, it had all the information about this buyer named Samantha Cameron like the Seller ID, ASIN#, Quantity#, Purchased Date, Buyer\'s Price, Amazon Commission, VAT on Amazon.com Marketplace amount, Postage Credit amount, and Your Earnings amount. Then it tells me to ship it to:

SHIPPING ADDRESS:
Ship to: Mr.David Micheal
Address Line 1:116, Baale Animashaun Road,Alakuko.
Address Line 2:
Address Line 3: City: Alagbado, Lagos.
State: Lagos
Zip Code: 23401

Amazon Buyer\'s e-mail: samanthacameron8914@yahoo.com

Not only this, but near the bottom it mentioned something that I had two business days to ship this out, and my Amazon account would be suspended if I failed to ship to the address above. I've been selling on Amazon for a number of time, but have never encountered these email until now. The "You must ship within two days" almost got me, but luckily I ensured whether or not this email is a scam.

It all seemed pretty accurate and legit, but then the real Amazon wouldn't really type all this info out. Instead, they would have a link to the instructions on what to do to ship my item. Besides the address seemed a bit off as I tried researching the location. Overall, I made sure that whether or not this item was for real by logging in to my Amazon account and seeing all of my closed/opened listings. Shockingly, I found these emails were really a scam because my item is still in stock according to what Amazon had said.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:23 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I am very leary of any buyer from Nigeria or Ghana. When will they find a new location to scam from?!?!!!