report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Corporate Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2010, 12:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Premier Marketing Concepts, Inc.

Now, I wasn't particularly sure if this was indeed a scam or not, but it sure smelled like one from the first phone call I received. Maybe the name is familiar to some, but after doing some research, it was very hard to find anything on them, so I decided to take the chance and ask people who may have more information than myself.

Let me tell you about my experience with them on the phone and after having the first interview about an hour ago:

I received a phone call while I was visiting a friend about an entry level marketing position in the area I live in (Dayton, OH. in case anyone was interested). They stated that they noticed I was going to be a recent college grad and that I was looking for a full-time position on Monster. That was the first sign right there. Mostly, if its Monster employers, they reply to you through email, from what I've learned. They claimed that they wanted to offer me an Accounts Manager position through AT&T. I was skeptical, but since it was in a very expensive part of the city I figured it could be legit, so I set up a time to meet.

They asked me to bring in two copies of my resume and come in business attire. Hm... another thing that stood out to me. If this is an interview, why would I not dress in business attire?

I went to their website yesterday evening (www.premiermarketingconcepts.com), and took a look at the site. Impressive to an extent, but as I read along, there were typos on several pages, the application looked so simple and elementary and the overall description looked bogus. But, I still figured I would give this place a shot. I was under the assumption that maybe it was a small business and just starting up.

I go into the building, which is a basic office building with multiple companies inside it. I looked at the suite number on the wall and I saw the name of one company, called Reges. Supposedly, this is a company that rents out office space to companies. So that gave me another clue right there. If this place is so big and profitable, shouldn't they have their own major office?

I actually ran into the lady who was going to be interviewing me in the hallway. She had on ballet flats, a purple graphics shirt with black suit jacket and pants. I've never seen a manager or supervisor dressed in such a way. But, I had no idea that was who would be interviewing me, so I continued walking into the suite.

There were two ladies at the desk, but looking to be in their twenties. The whole time, they conversed with everyone who came in, but once they were alone, they used horrible language and obscene words with each other, just like college students in a class would. That give me another sign that this place had to be fake. On the application, they asked for my name, address, phone number and email. They asked how I heard about the company, and has me sign to make sure what I listed was accurate. Didn't want my job history. Hell, they didn't even take my SSN.

Once I turn it in, I'm met by the same woman as described, and walked down two hallways pass several empty office rooms, to one small and plain room to sit and talk with her.

The interview was only 5 minutes long. She said she enjoyed my humor and positive attitude and explained the next process. I had to dress in business attire once again for the 2nd and 3rd interviews and would be working from 12:30-7:30 and I would be job shadowing. She told me to wear comfortable shoes since I would be walking around a lot. She walked me out quickly and that was it.

As I mentioned before, she claimed that they worked with Fortune 500 companies, such as AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, Staples, etc. She said this branch deals specifically with AT&T and would be helping them sell their "Uverese" bundle in the area and that they needed people to help aid in expanding their company and had been working with them for 13 years an that the company had been in business for 17.

I attempted to call AT&T and get more information on this company, but they couldn't connect me to the department that would handle that information.

Smelled fake and phony, but gave a cleaner impression of what most places looked like. I had been in one scam before this one called PrimeAmerica, I believe, but I researched that and got out of there with no damage.

This time, I'm not sure because it seems very legit.

I would love some feedback on this, if possible.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: Premier Marketing Concepts, Inc.

if she wouldn't tell you what the job is, you don't want it. it is canvassing of some sort. walking door to door for no pay, hoping to get a commission. you don't know but the company probably already worked the same area over and over, hiring new sucker each day to try again to sell something. why not? it doesn't cost them anything to waste your time.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:16 PM
I am new at Scam.com

You're probably right.

The only thing she mentioned was trying to market for AT&T's "Uverse" bundle in the area, since the area is so small and they need help promoting it.

I'm thinking that if its AT&T, they should have enough money to market this product no problem.

She had a business card and put the website for the Uverse bundle from AT&T on it and told me to research it for my 2nd and 3rd interview. Why couldn't she just tell me that on the phone so that I could be prepared for the interview?

Old 06-02-2010, 03:25 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Post for the job position on Careerbuilder, in case anyone wanted to see it:

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeek...M6XL7DWZ7S5JZG

Old 06-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

This paragraph from the ad:
Quote:
As a Management Trainee, you are empowered to make business decisions that will affect your career as well as bottom line. Our promotions are soley based on performance rather than tenure with the company. That means if you are a go-getter, you can advance at your own pace, and as quickly as you would like. Pay based upon performance.
Sounds like 100% commission job to me. Maybe it is the door-to-door type job trying to convince homeowners to switch to AT&T from whatever phone/internet/cable company they have.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 06-07-2010, 06:19 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi,

I am just wondering what you ended up doing for this Premier Marketing position. I also applied for this job on CareerBuilder because it seemed legit (decent website, etc.). I applied on Saturday, and was contacted today (Monday) to set up an interview (which never happens this quickly). The "HR" representative was pleasant, but did not seem at all interested in my qualifications, and, as if reading from a script, her description of the company and interview process were exactly as you described. I too have been scammed before, (previously by an "administrative position" listing which was really just selling Kirby vaccums door-to-door). I went ahead and set up the appointment, just to keep my options open, but I am skeptical and would like to avoid the inconvenience of going in for an interview only to find out it is a scam. Any insight you can give me would be great!

Old 08-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Spam Debunker

I interviewed last Wednesday for the Sales and Marketing position with Premier Marketing Concepts. It's respectable and 'legit' in my opinion, like anj1987 was saying.

They market for different telecommunication companies, including AT&T. The "U-Verse" product is new to the area, so AT&T has assigned their firm to head the direct sales and marketing portion of the campaign. They do direct sales and marketing, but AT&T provides the list of people for them to speak to so they know exactly who they're going to talk to. They don't have to provide their own leads and they don't sell randomly to people who they don't have names or addresses for. It was definitely not like the other pushy salesman jobs I've interviewed for in the area, like the ones with companies who market and sell Dish and Direct TV.

I interviewed with the same person you did. She was professional, in a suit and heels. Everyone in the office was in suits, so I kind of felt under-dressed. The HR Manager even introduced herself as well, and was very professional and nice. She didn't sound scripted with me on the phone at all when she invited me to interview and she did ask about my previous experience and what I currently wanted in a position.

I was invited back for a second round interview which was an all day job shadow with their top account manager. He was cool and made me excited at the idea of working with them when he explained how much they make doing so little. I couldn't accept the position as I am a full-time student at WSU and it wouldn't work with my fall school schedule. If you're looking for a job where you get to avoid traffic, their hours are great.

I can assure you it's not a scam. There are so many companies that I've interviewed for in the area that are real scams. You don't have to put any money into this job, they pay you during training, and even though it's 100% commission, they showed how easily they made money before we even went to lunch and they get paid bonuses and incentives daily, weekly, and monthly. AT&T even gives them free AT&T gear.

They explained the management training program and it seems easy. It takes more or less 2 years. The guy I went out with for the 2nd interview broke down the company pay structure and positions. It's awesome to me because you advance based on performance, not seniority like all the other jobs I've had and companies I've interviewed for. I like it because I don't have to be there for years on end to advance to the upper positions in the company. The owner even made it to management in 2 years. There's potential in the company since they're constantly growing and stable, and their employees are pretty competitive.

Like I said, I have interviewed with many companies in Dayton and Cincinnati, and this one is by far more legit than all the others.

Don't believe everything you read guys. I read anj1987's post before my 2nd interview and went into it very skeptical and nervous. I felt like an idiot afterwords because It wasn't like I thought based on the posts.

Last edited by scamdebunker : 08-09-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:13 AM
Tired of Scams

I had the same exact experience! I tried to contact the BBB, but they could not help me, and told me to call the Dayton Area Dept. of Labor... ugh. So I made a report on ScamAlert. Here's what I posted:

Quote:
I had recently applied for a job with said company two weeks from posting this report. It read as an entry level business job as a "Campaign Manager." I was called in a week after I had submitted my resume. I was taken in for an interview and thought it was a nice place. Very kind and friendly atmosphere. The preliminary interview was strictly for screening processing. I was asked to come back a week from then for a follow-up interview. They had given me an odd time for an interview, 12:30P to 7:30P. I was cautiously optimistic, and had accepted.

I was informed to dress in business formal clothing. I went and bought a tie and a nice dress shirt to accompany it. I showed up to my interview having anticipating it over the weekend, saw the HR manager and the president of the company. They had turned me over to what they call a "trainer." It turned out that the "job" included going door-to-door in a neighborhood to get them to purchase a plan for AT&T's u-verse. Keep in mind I was wearing a long sleeve dress shirt, dress shoes, and slacks in 90sF heat.

By the time we were on our final hour, I simply had enough. I could bearly walk and had pain beyond any explanation because of an existing skin condition despite the medication I am given for it. A day later, I am sore all over after probably walking a good four miles, as well as a blood blister on one of my heels and many other blisters on both feet, and lost five pounds of ***** weight. Simply put, their employment methods are deceitful. I called for an explanation as to the confusion of the job listing and they pulled their legal mumbo-jumbo. No where in the job post did it mention anything about door-to-door sales and a salary based strictly on commission despite how much work is done in one day alone until you have worked for them for longer than a year and a half.

I can't make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau because they do not take complaints dealing with employment methods, and the number they provide are ones for either civil\equality rights, or the US Department of Labor. So, I decided I'd post my frustration here, hoping somebody will read this before making a similar mistake of being caught by this venus flytrap (or who already has). Below is the information I got about their employment "advancement." Hope it helps:

Job Hours: Monday-Friday 11:30A to 8:30P | Saturday 10:00A to 4:00P

Entry Level: 3-5 Weeks
$300 - $500 per week (Commission Only)

Trainer: 8-16 Months
Must have 10 people personally trained and hired by the owner (first gen), and one trained by a first gen and hired by the owner (second gen) to become a trainer. -- Thus where the pyramid scheme shows its' head.
The people you have trained must earn a combination of $4,00 per week to be promoted
$500 - $900 per week (Commission Only)
Must have at least 8-10 sales a week

Assistant Manager: (4 months)
Large Scale Agent
"65% Raise in Commission" + 50% Salary
Half time in the office, the other half on the field
10% daily personal profit goes into a fund

Owner
You own your own firm, office work, conference calls, 50k per year
The 10% daily personal "fund" can only be removed when at least 25k or 50k has been saved

In a nutshell, save your dignity and time from lousy excuse for a business!

Old 08-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Spam Debunker

Anyone who knows how to read a job posting knows that "Pay is based on Performance" means it's commission based, and you actually have to work to earn your money, not just have it handed to you with minimal effort.

Their add also says that it's "direct interaction with people face to face on a daily basis." That obviously means that it's either door to door, business to business, or in a retail store.

They may be doing a residential campaign, or door to door as you put it, but it's not selling coupon books or whatever else to random people. They're people that AT&T has already contacted.

It's amazing the things that some of you people find as a scam. I was explained the way the company positions work and the way pay works, and you apparently got your information crossed somewhere. It's not a pyramid scheme. You don't make money off of the people you train, and you're not taking money from them that they earned and putting it in your own pocket.

I'm pretty convinced that all of you that are posting negative things about this company have never had a job where you have to work to make your money, versus having some hourly job. They explained why they do their interview from 12:30 - 7:30 PM. If they just hired you on without you getting a real feel for the job and seeing if it's a good fit for what you want, you'd quit on the first day.

When I applied, I understood it was commission based because I actually read the ad on Career Builder. If you've applied to any company, don't you ask questions like that right away? Why even move on in the interviewing process until you're 100% sure of things like whether it's hourly or commissioned pay, or what you'll be doing on a day to day basis?

That sucks that some of your feel that you had negative experiences, but mine was great. It's based on your own personal preferences.

My advice to future applicants: ask the right questions and they'll answer them. If you are willing to take a job where you actually have to WORK to make your money, this is a great opportunity.

Hope this helps all of you who read this. Don't believe everything you hear.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:43 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I just recieved a call from them too about an interview just the other day! I thought it was a marketing design type place, but nope it isnt. So for sure I didn't apply. I believe they found me on career builder somehow and called me up. I feel bad I just called them and told them id like a call back about an interview but im guna ignore them lol I DO NOT WANNA SELL STUFF

Old 02-11-2011, 01:34 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I used to work for this company if there is anything you would really like to know about the place, I had a great experience with them.