report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Insurance Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2010, 06:11 AM
Newbie Member

Aflac is a Scam.

Bottom line is Aflac mass hires new agents. Provides no leads to there new agents. Sends agents with little or no training out into the field. So, here is the scam part for all the sceptics out there who defend these companies. Every business has failures, and if you understand that most entrepreneurs fail, Aflac should be no scam. However, does Aflac advertise for francises, or does it advertise for a job. Do you have required meetings? Yes. Do you have to work long hours or be let go? Yes. Do you have a manager that you work for? Yes. Do you really have a job and not a business? Yes. If you hire someone who needs money to live on, who is not a rich person looking for a venture, and don't tell them most likely they will fail, you have a scam. Aflac needs to be ordered by law to tell new hires the following information. How many people they hired this year. How many of those will make it one year. How many will make it 5 years. How much the average person who only last 3 months makes. How much the average person who last 6 months makes. How much the average person who makes it a year makes. How much the average person with 5 years makes.(agents only no managers to mess with the numbers) The SCAM is this plain and simple they don't tell you the truth, and people get hurt. People say this is not a scam, but Its comparable to watching a kid walk towards a pool, and doing nothing. That is what Aflac does to these people. They don't outright lie to them, but they don't tell them about the land mine right in front of them. If one out of hundred for some reason side step it and make it they tout there company and its programs. But the other 99 that fail, they simply say well if they didn't know about the mine it's not my problem. These are some real sick people here folks. They are some of the most cruel business people on the planet. They would sell their souls for just one more deal, and they don't care if 100 people they hired go bankrupt this year, its just casalties of war to them. It's like the company is the Natsies and the agents are Jews. IM totally serious. Stay away from this company.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:48 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Aflac is a Scam.

Big ideas for someone who cant spell NAZI's! What you failed to mention is that the same is true for any performance- based, big business, white collar job on the market. Especially in my(insurance) industry! Oh and BTW companies arent legally obligated to share anyones income in fact if they did they would get a 250k fine and could lose their license!

Old 05-31-2010, 07:31 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brennie View Post
Big ideas for someone who cant spell NAZI's! What you failed to mention is that the same is true for any performance- based, big business, white collar job on the market. Especially in my(insurance) industry! Oh and BTW companies arent legally obligated to share anyones income in fact if they did they would get a 250k fine and could lose their license!
Hey sorry about the spelling, but I went to Purdue University and were an Engineering school not so big on spelling. However, if we can get back to the subject. The whole point here is this, Aflac isn't honest with people. If you are not paid buy someone, but are expected to attend meetings, and be managed , then you should know that only say 1 in a 100 will make it at Aflac. Not telling these people this information is like watching a kid walk in front of a car, and doing nothing. If you work at Aflac, or someone you know, I wish you the best, and I hope you make it big(honest). I'm only saying that hiring someone for a job, and that is how they set it up when you apply) you should be told the numbers so you can prepare for the reality of the situation. Not everybody is smart like you and knows the rules of a sales job. Some are just honest folks looking for away to pay there bills, and they are excited about how much they could make. The managers don't tell these people the odds of making it at Aflac, and these people get hurt and sometimes loose there family over the with holding of information. So all I'm saying is Aflac should get the truth out to everybody and stop hiring everybody with a pulse. Thank You

Old 06-01-2010, 06:49 AM
Newbie Member

The only point I am making here is this, they hurt people. If they were honest about what the job is, and not hire just anybody, they would not destroy so many peoples lives. How hard is it for a multibillion dollar company to just be honest with new hires. If I gave my 6 year old a gun, and a 5 min lesson on gun safety, and my kid shot themselves. Who's fault is the shooting? Mine! If Aflac hires an unqualified person and gives them poor training and that person fails. Who is at fault? Aflac! Best of luck guys, and I hope you are having success in whatever your doing.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:51 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbiggs007 View Post
The only point I am making here is this, they hurt people. If they were honest about what the job is, and not hire just anybody, they would not destroy so many peoples lives. How hard is it for a multibillion dollar company to just be honest with new hires. If I gave my 6 year old a gun, and a 5 min lesson on gun safety, and my kid shot themselves. Who's fault is the shooting? Mine! If Aflac hires an unqualified person and gives them poor training and that person fails. Who is at fault? Aflac! Best of luck guys, and I hope you are having success in whatever your doing.
I tend to agree with mrbiggs007. I was just recently laid off from a financial industry company and my roll was in Information Services (Voice and Data Communications).
I have absolutely NO sales insurance experience or sales in general experience.

I put out my resume’ on the net and immediately received two e-mails within a day and then another e-mail and phone call telling me how my qualifications are excellent for a position in Aflac.

Now I have been in the business world for quite a long time. I have dealt with large, medium and small vendors and their sales “teams”. Anyone with half a brain can see that the Aflac “tactic” and their lame approach at trying to recruit people with no experience is not a responsible’ “honest” organization to be dealt with.

Old 05-18-2011, 03:36 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Obviously, your short stint with Aflac was a complete failure... not to mention for the person who recruited you and the person who trained you.

1) No one works at Aflac on a salary other than those who work at the corporate office in GA. Everything is earned. There is no entitlement here.

Me, I like that because my ambition, drive, tenacity, professionalism, and work ethic can destroy 90% of these clowns from reputable colleges who feel the world owes them something.

2) Other than the money you invest on your accident/health license (which belongs to you, not Aflac), what investment are you referring to?

Aflac takes care of EVERYTHING else. All marketing materials, forms, equipment, etc.

So, stop lying as if you are trying to make people believe they will be paying franchise fees and royalties.

3) What job does not require you to work long hours and report to a Manager?

4) Leads have been provided to me on a daily basis. I have no idea what you are referring to!

You must be referring to leads that do not require any work on your part... just straight to enrollment, right?

Please.

5) You are truly embarrassing yourself using stats like 99 out of 100 Agents fail in this business.

Did you come up with that to make yourself feel better about failing miserably?

The reality is I have a far better chance of staying onboard with Aflac in 5 years than I do in any other industry.

In addition, the retention level of an Aflac Agent after just 12 months of service is staggeringly high!

In this economic environment, remaining with the same company for 5 years would be an achievement. Plus, what guarantees does a salaried employee really have?

NONE.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The truth is you are very immature and suffer from insurmountable challenges with grammar.

If anything needs to come light, it is whether you have what it takes to be successful... in life... or in anything.

Go find a job that lets you play games on Facebook all day.

Signed,

The Aflac Recruiter

Old 05-23-2011, 03:13 AM
I am new at Scam.com

For the record, I WAS a salaried employee and I was let go. I know a few people that work at Aflac, 1 busted out and is now selling cars, the other two are fine. In this economy selling a product like Aflac is tough, businesses can barley afford standard coverage let alone supplemental coverage.