report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Science Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #19  
Old 05-21-2011, 11:41 PM
thistle thistle is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,600
Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmund129 View Post
Prove me wrong!!!

Dr. Patrick Moore is one of the co-founders of Greenpeace and the longest ruling president of Greenpeace, he says when the Berlin Wall fell the communists, Marxist, Facists and socialists had no where to go, so they ran to the environmental extremist movement and very cleaverly learn to use green language to push Anti-capitalist, Anti-Industrial and Anti-Globalization agendas, and nothing that really had anything to do with real environmentalism.

...
Yeah, believe the biased views of a 70's has-been who takes the industry shilling in his retirement, in preference to todays experts and fucking scientists in 2011. You are an idiot.

Picking individuals who dont agree with the current science does not make your argument correct. Do you see?

Quote:
Moore's views and change of stance (see above) have evoked controversy in environmentalist arenas. He is accused of having "abruptly turned his back on the environmental movement" and "being a mouthpiece for some of the very interests Greenpeace was founded to counter".[23][44] His critics point out Moore's business relations with "polluters and clear-cutters" through his consultancy.[23] Moore has earned his living since the early 1990s primarily by consulting for, and publicly speaking for a wide variety of corporations and lobby groups such as the Nuclear ****** Institute.[40] Monte Hummel, MScF, President, World Wildlife Fund Canada has claimed that Moore's book, Pacific Spirit, is a collection of "pseudoscience and dubious assumptions."

Controversial journalist George Monbiot has written critically of Moore's work with Indonesian logging firm Asia Pulp & Paper (APP). Moore was hired as a consultant to write an environmental 'inspection report' on AAP operations, however Monbiot states that Moore's company is not a monitoring firm and the consultants used were experts in public relations not tropical ecology or Indonesian law. Monbiot writes, that sections of the report were directly copied from an APP PR brochure,[45][28] commenting that hiring Moore is now what companies do if their brand is turning toxic. [28]




Last edited by thistle : 05-21-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #20  
Old 06-18-2011, 08:52 AM
edmund129's Avatar
edmund129 edmund129 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 366
Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazza View Post
Wow. Just... Wow.

Holy crap. I really didn't think you could get any more out there. I mean... global warming as a conspiracy by Communists.... Global warming killing off communists long before Marx was born.... vinyards in Scotland.... a green Greenland....

All of that is rubbish. This, however, takes it t a whole new level. Atlantis? You're making your point by arguing that Global Warming allowed a non-existant mythical civilization to live in peace for thousands of years before any other civilization was founded? Wow.

Most serious Archiealogist take the great city of Atlantis very seriously, because it is written about by many historians from many different civilizations for thousands of years, especially the Plato and the Pathagerians, and Aristotle. There was more written about Atlantis than was written about America, but America has only been around for a few hundred years or so. Atlantis was around for 3600 years.

The only thing in question is where was it, many believe it to be under the ocean, which is a really hard place to look, versus on land.

Contanents have a tendency to rise and fall more rapidly than the ocean, it is likely their island or contanent fell below sea level.

...


Last edited by edmund129 : 06-18-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #21  
Old 06-18-2011, 09:50 AM
nomaxim's Avatar
nomaxim nomaxim is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stow, OH SOL III
Posts: 2,517
Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmund129 View Post
Most serious Archiealogist take the great city of Atlantis very seriously,
No, we don't.

By the way, you misspelled Archaeologist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmund129 View Post
There was more written about Atlantis than was written about America, but America has only been around for a few hundred years or so.
Both continents (North and South America) have been around for a while. Humans have been living in the Americas for around 15,000 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmund129 View Post
The only thing in question is where was it, many believe it to be under the ocean, which is a really hard place to look, versus on land.
We've mostly mapped the terrain under the oceans. You have heard of sonar imaging, right?

In fact, we've even mapped the Moon and Mars. You have heard of radar imaging satellites, right?

You can use Google Earth to look around under the oceans.

http://earth.google.com/ocean/

Here's a nice screen shot of the under water terrain off the Cape Verde Islands. That's the coast of Africa in the upper right hand corner. You can also clearly see the Mid-Atlantic Ridge (Wiki) along the left side.



Here's a shot of the terrain around Wake Island in the Pacific.



Here's a much closer shot of Wake Island.





Last edited by nomaxim : 06-19-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #22  
Old 07-16-2011, 06:23 AM
edmund129's Avatar
edmund129 edmund129 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 366
Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
Interestly enought NONE of this has to do with global warming. Nor is it factual to draw casuation. The issue if the place exists or not has no bearing on the factuality of your claim. It's like saying the bible is 100% true because jerusilam existed.



However, i'm for once forced to side with Ed on one point. Atlantis did exist. IT WASN'T MYTHICAL OR FANTASITIC. It was a island in the meditarian sea that was destroyed ** valcanic eruption. It's survivors escaped to the surrounding areas and told there story.

The fantastic myth comes in because of a typo in the texts. The text said "greater than" eruope and africa when in fact it meant "between" eruope and Africa.

Everyone was all excited about this massive island disappearing and this far and wide story. When in reality it wasn't all that grand or exciting.

I'll see if I can find some text or video on this turn of events.
It has everything to do with the Global Warming Scam. Global Warming propogandist keep preaching about how global warming will bring about apocholipitic end to the world and mass misery for everyone. When the historical facts say the exact opposite. The warmer the climate gets, the more life flurashes and prospers; and the more agriculture prospers. Atlantis is a perfect example of what really happens because of run away global warming as it did during the Holocene Maximum.

The Holocene Maximum was 6 to 8 degrees warmer than now, far warmer than the most insane computer model could ever forcast, and it lasted for 7000 years, and only good things came from that, nothing negative.

The world didn't come to an end, the polar bears didn't go extinct, the ice in Antartica didn't melt, the ice in Greenland didn't all melt, yet it was 6 to 8 degrees warmer than now and was like that for 7000 years.

...


Last edited by edmund129 : 07-16-2011 at 06:28 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #23  
Old 07-16-2011, 06:54 AM
edmund129's Avatar
edmund129 edmund129 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 366
Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpaulmathew View Post
The earth is warming up, and the best available evidence points to the increasing concentration of greenhouse gases as the leading cause.The importance of the education on global warming is increasing.
That was NASA's official position until President Obama cut off their f u n d i n g. Now NASA says it is 100% the sun driving the Earth's climate not greenhouse gases. So it looks like NASA was only feeding us the bullshit lies of greenhouse gas warming for so long as the government grant money continued to bribe their conclusions.

Oh b.y. the way, 99% of all greenhouse gases is w.a.t.e.r. vapor, CO2 makes up less than 1% of all greenhouse gases. And human contribution to CO2 is less than 1/4 of 1% (or less than 1ppm) per year. Humans produce about 6.5 billion tons of CO2 per year, the Earth's atmosphere weighs 6.93 Quadrillion tons, if you work out the math that comes to less than 1 part per million per year of man made CO2 concentrations in the Earth's atmosphere. The measured amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is 380 parts per million (ppm).

The propoganda behind the Global Warming education is de-education so that America hating, Jew hating, Capitalist hating, industrial hating Marxist can take advantage of the scientificlly illiterate and convince them that they need to be punished, taxed more, and slaughtered b.y. the billions like polluting insects.

For the past 11 years the Earth's average temperature has actually gone down while measured CO2 levels still increase.

....


Last edited by edmund129 : 07-16-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #24  
Old 07-16-2011, 07:07 AM
edmund129's Avatar
edmund129 edmund129 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 366
Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

Here is a perfect example of the mass fraud behind Man Made Global Warming, as you can see there are CO2 measurements going back to the early 1800's taken from flasks of air captured at that point in time. Notice how the CO2 levels are all over the place depending on when and wher eit was measured. Notice how they cherry pick the smaller CO2 numbers for the early 1900's. so as to create a fraudulent rise in CO2 levels.

Notice how there was as much as 550ppm measured in the early 1800's, far higher than Global Warming propogandist tell us will cause the end of the world.

Current CO2 levels are only measured in one place, Maui, Hawaii. All other CO2 levels aroung the world are ignored b.y. Global Warming Propogandist. Remember the CO2 station in Maui is surrounded b.y. warm CO2 outgassing Pacific ocean and CO2 outgassing volcanoes. Mt Kilawao has been errupting continously none stop since 1983. No wonder why the CO2 levels have and such a smooth increase in CO2 with no other direction detected.
Attached Images
 

Reply With Quote

  #25  
Old 07-16-2011, 08:16 AM
thistle thistle is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,600
Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmund129 View Post
... global warming will bring about apocholipitic end ...
hee hee
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmund129 View Post
Atlantis is a perfect example of what really happens ...
Ha ha.

Someone's paying you to be this poe-esque, surely?

Reply With Quote

  #26  
Old 08-07-2011, 05:45 AM
edmund129's Avatar
edmund129 edmund129 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 366
Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle View Post
hee hee

Ha ha.

Someone's paying you to be this poe-esque, surely?

I haven't recieved one red cent from anyone!!!

Most of my data comes directly from the Global Warming Propogandist themselves, their own data is proving them to be liars. They can't even read their own charts or diagrams.

More examples of how organizations can't even read their own data understand what it is saying:

The Texas DPS has published a report saying that 4000 children were killed in automobile accidents, and half of them weren't wearing seat belts.

Now ask yourself this, how does this statisitic prove that wearing seat belts saves lives? If 2000 were not wearing seat belts and they were killed, then 2000 were wearing seat belts and they were getting killed. which 2000 proves seat belts are safer? The last time I looked 2000 = 2000, neither one is greater than the other.

This statistic proves seat belts had no effect, what is probably having an effect is air bags are the very things saving lives, not seat belts.

,,,


Last edited by edmund129 : 08-07-2011 at 05:54 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old 08-07-2011, 10:48 AM
kazza's Avatar
kazza kazza is offline
ɹǝpun uʍop
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,363
Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmund129 View Post
I haven't recieved one red cent from anyone!!!

Most of my data comes directly from the Global Warming Propogandist themselves, their own data is proving them to be liars. They can't even read their own charts or diagrams.

More examples of how organizations can't even read their own data understand what it is saying:

The Texas DPS has published a report saying that 4000 children were killed in automobile accidents, and half of them weren't wearing seat belts.

Now ask yourself this, how does this statisitic prove that wearing seat belts saves lives? If 2000 were not wearing seat belts and they were killed, then 2000 were wearing seat belts and they were getting killed. which 2000 proves seat belts are safer? The last time I looked 2000 = 2000, neither one is greater than the other.

This statistic proves seat belts had no effect, what is probably having an effect is air bags are the very things saving lives, not seat belts.

,,,
Actually dumbass, you are missing a relevant statistic. How many children in all car accidents were wearing seatbelts?

If there were 20,000 kids in accidents, and 17,000 were wearing seatbelts, then that means your odds of surviving a crash with a seatbelt are 88%, and your odds of surviving without a seatbelt are 33%.

Of course, those numbers are completely made up, they could be the exact opposite, just to point out that your logic is utterly wrong and that you need more information to draw a conclusion.

Reply With Quote

  #28  
Old 08-09-2011, 02:16 AM
naturefreak2101 naturefreak2101 is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast, USA
Posts: 1,795
Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmund129 View Post
The Texas DPS has published a report saying that 4000 children were killed in automobile accidents, and half of them weren't wearing seat belts.

Now ask yourself this, how does this statisitic prove that wearing seat belts saves lives? If 2000 were not wearing seat belts and they were killed, then 2000 were wearing seat belts and they were getting killed. which 2000 proves seat belts are safer? The last time I looked 2000 = 2000, neither one is greater than the other.

This statistic proves seat belts had no effect, what is probably having an effect is air bags are the very things saving lives, not seat belts.

,,,
Again you're a complete numbskull. Learn about logical fallacies. Hint, in case you didn't kazza's post ... is your "4000" statistic about all children? Or only those that died?

Of 4000 children dead in car accidents, half were wearing their seatbelts. That means to me that of deadly car accidents, half were deadly enough to kill children even in their seatbelts. Doesn't say anything about children who didn't die (i.e. how much seatbelts can save).

Learn something.

Reply With Quote

  #29  
Old 08-09-2011, 12:52 PM
britelite britelite is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1
Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

Umm Back to GW...

No argument here that the planet experiences warming periods and cooling periods.

My argument is whether Human activity is the cause or the solution to the problem. Would it suprise you to know that EACH of the planets in our solar system are experiencing a warming period?

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread221608/pg1

Also, would it suprise you that back in the seventies there was a deep fear that human activity was causing a COOLING effect on the planet that would result in an ICE Age? There was even a bill in congress that even suggested that ** detonating nuclear weaponry in the polar ice caps we could prevent this ICE AGE from happening?!?!? FREAKS!!!

My point is that fear of climate change is simply a political tool to advance an ideology. The miniscule effect that human activity has on our planets climate fails in comparison to cosmic rays, solar radiation, and earth core rotation. like shooting a squirt gun at a forest fire.

Reply With Quote

  #30  
Old 08-09-2011, 01:57 PM
nomaxim's Avatar
nomaxim nomaxim is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stow, OH SOL III
Posts: 2,517
Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by britelite View Post
Umm Back to GW...

No argument here that the planet experiences warming periods and cooling periods.

My argument is whether Human activity is the cause or the solution to the problem. Would it suprise you to know that EACH of the planets in our solar system are experiencing a warming period?

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread221608/pg1
Nothing personal. But do you really expect a conspiracy theory website to be accepted as a reliable source?
Don't you think that websites dedicated to astrophysics, cosmology, geology, or other sciences would be more reliable?
Have you checked for published scientific papers on this topic in scientific journals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by britelite View Post
Also, would it suprise you that back in the seventies there was a deep fear that human activity was causing a COOLING effect on the planet that would result in an ICE Age? There was even a bill in congress that even suggested that ** detonating nuclear weaponry in the polar ice caps we could prevent this ICE AGE from happening?!?!? FREAKS!!!
Pretty much all of that has already been discussed in Ed's thread The Great Global Warming Swindle.

Beyond me why 'mumbles' and 'edmund129' felt it necessary to start other threads on the same topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by britelite View Post
My point is that fear of climate change is simply a political tool to advance an ideology.
That's why most of us in these discussions keep saying, "Who gives a FUCK about Al Gore".
Quote:
Originally Posted by britelite View Post
he miniscule effect that human activity has on our planets climate fails in comparison to cosmic rays, solar radiation, and earth core rotation. like shooting a squirt gun at a forest fire.
Ahh, but what happens to your forest fire if we have 7,000,000,000 squirt guns?

Reply With Quote

  #31  
Old 08-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Lord_jag's Avatar
Lord_jag Lord_jag is offline
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,800
Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
Nothing personal. But do you really expect a conspiracy theory website to be accepted as a reliable source?
Don't you think that websites dedicated to astrophysics, cosmology, geology, or other sciences would be more reliable?
Have you checked for published scientific papers on this topic in scientific journals?

Pretty much all of that has already been discussed in Ed's thread The Great Global Warming Swindle.

Beyond me why 'mumbles' and 'edmund129' felt it necessary to start other threads on the same topic.

That's why most of us in these discussions keep saying, "Who gives a FUCK about Al Gore". Ahh, but what happens to your forest fire if we have 7,000,000,000 squirt guns?
A water bomber drops 11,000 US gallons at a time.

A squirt gun holds about a cup of water. (1/16th of a gallon) Unless your talking one of those pumped air ones that come with a water backpack.

7 billion squirt guns hold 437,500,000 gallons of water. I think the squirt guns win for volume, but how do you get them to all shoot the fire at the same time in one big burst?

I can go camping, drink two cases of beer and pee on the fire all night and it doesn't go out, but one bucket of water and the fire's done. (I give a second bucket just to be safe btw)

The numbers look good, but the execution would be terrible.
__________________
A real, honest, falsifiable claim made b.y Seer of dreams:(2011)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.


Last edited by Lord_jag : 08-10-2011 at 02:34 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #32  
Old 08-10-2011, 09:59 AM
nomaxim's Avatar
nomaxim nomaxim is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Stow, OH SOL III
Posts: 2,517
Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
A water bomber drops 11,000 US gallons at a time.

A squirt gun holds about a cup of water. (1/16th of a gallon) Unless your talking one of those pumped air ones that come with a water backpack.

7 billion squirt guns hold 437,500,000 gallons of water. I think the squirt guns win for volume, but how do you get them to all shoot the fire at the same time in one big burst?

I can go camping, drink two cases of beer and pee on the fire all night and it doesn't go out, but one bucket of water and the fire's done. (I give a second bucket just to be safe btw)

The numbers look good, but the execution would be terrible.
I'm sure Kent Hovind could figure out that minor logistical issue in no time.

Well, once he gets out of prison anyway.


Interesting tidbit.
waterinfo.org
Quote:
WATER CONSUMPTION
* 3.9 trillion gallons of water are consumed in the United States per month. (AWWA Journal, June 2006)
That's ~130 billion gallons a day. (avg. 30 days per month)
~5.417 billion gallons per hour.
~90.278 million gallons per minute.

So 437,500,000 gallons of water is about the amount of water consumed in the US every 5 minutes.


Last edited by nomaxim : 08-10-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #33  
Old 10-26-2011, 10:49 PM
Harrison Harrison is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2
Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

Global warming is real there is a scientific consensus on it and if you are on the side argueing it isn't real then I'm sorry but any "evidence" you give is a lie.

The earth goes through natural cycles of warming and cooling and climate change is a natural process. However we have speeded up this natural process by pumping out vast amounts of Greenhouse gases, changing the earths albido, changing the water cycle, deforestation etc all of these affect climate.

There is no debate on global warming it is a fact you may as well debate if gravity exists or not. The greenhouse effect is a thermodynamic fact.

Reply With Quote

  #34  
Old 10-28-2011, 11:19 PM
thistle thistle is offline
Most Valued Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,600
Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

Facts! Arrrggghh! (Carl runs away)

Reply With Quote

  #35  
Old 11-12-2011, 05:48 PM
edmund129's Avatar
edmund129 edmund129 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 366
Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle View Post
Yeah, believe the biased views of a 70's has-been who takes the industry shilling in his retirement, in preference to todays experts and fucking scientists in 2011. You are an idiot.

Picking individuals who dont agree with the current science does not make your argument correct. Do you see?
It isn't just Patrick Moore that is saying this, but every single founder of Greenpeace is saying this. That the Environmental movement has been highjacked by Marxist and Communists.

Reply With Quote

  #36  
Old 11-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Spector567's Avatar
Spector567 Spector567 is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,232
Re: Global Warming - Global Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmund129 View Post
It isn't just Patrick Moore that is saying this, but every single founder of Greenpeace is saying this. That the Environmental movement has been highjacked by Marxist and Communists.
Did you just respond to a 6 month old post?


Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Global Warming JTB7 Science Scams 1204 04-07-2012 12:51 PM
Global P.ower Elite Back Away from Global Warming pwrone Political Chat 0 09-27-2010 03:53 PM
Global warming again pancho Science Scams 18 06-05-2007 01:56 PM
The end of Global Warming Worried_in_the_USA Science Scams 52 06-05-2007 01:54 PM
Global Warming SubJunk Science Scams 236 10-17-2006 08:34 PM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the Userís own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.