report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Newbie Member

How long do money gram keep infor of transffers?

How long do money gram keep infor about made wire transffers?
I know a real name of one scammer and his real post address. And the name that he used for getting money with money gram wires.
How can i use this information? I've known some money gram offices take photos of some people when they receive cash.
I want to catch that fu..ing scammer who is from my home country.
Give me suggestions or any ideas, please.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: How long do money gram keep infor of transffer

if he took your money and you know who he is, where he lives, you contact the police in his district. if you have a good case, the police go to moneygram and get the picture and documents.

now, why would a scammer tell you his real name and address? that would be very unusual.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Yes that would be very unusual. If you have real information share it with the local authorities. Most scammers use these services because they do not track who picks up the money. As long as you have the code word.. you can get the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
if he took your money and you know who he is, where he lives, you contact the police in his district. if you have a good case, the police go to moneygram and get the picture and documents.

now, why would a scammer tell you his real name and address? that would be very unusual.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:43 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

I agree, notify the law enforcement officials where ever that scammer is located. You will need hard evidence that you have his real life information, that the emails and/or phone calls you have are from that person, that the scammer lied to you and you were convinced to send the money under false pretenses.

You will need strong evidence that you do have that the real life name and address and not just a fake ID name with fake address. Most moneygram locations don't even bother to ask for or even glance at one of the fake IDs the scammer is carrying. As long as the scammer has the MTCN# and question/answer the cash is handed over.

That being said, good luck, I wish you well. Come back and keep us updated as to what happens.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 05-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Newbie Member

Re: How long does money gram keep info of transfer

Here is my experience with Money Gram - - (I also have a thread on here called: Money Gram International = Money Laundering)

Apparently, there were over 34,000 people defrauded of money while using this service. Money Gram was found liable to the tune of $18Million that they had to pay back to the victims...

check out www.ftc.gov
The article on the suit is there.

I lost over $7,000.00 while using Money Gram, and recently got a check for over $1580.00 as part of the settlement. Better than nothing, but I am still going to try to make a lot of noise about Money Gram. They refused to give out info on all the crooks that came to pick up money at their locations. These guys could have been found but Money Gram choose to remain silent.

If you have your receipts it is worth calling or emailing Money Gram and making some noise.

Old 05-17-2010, 03:49 AM
Newbie Member

They keep the info, but if it is a year old (past the wiring/pickup date) you have to PAY them to send you the record of who picked up the money, could be $20 or $30, not sure...hopefully you still have the receipt??

Call the customer service dept at MG:
1-800-328-5678
They will direct you on getting the form off their website to send in. I believe if it is w/in a year, it is no cost...