report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mortgage Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Newbie Member

Eden-Barn SCAM !

My Husband and I , were scammed back in September of 2009 by a company called EDEN-BARN ASSET MANAGEMENT for $2,200
They claimed they could provide low interest financing for a home purchase. This financing was being arranged by a Frank Stempfer who was supposed to be a millionaire philanthropist, this was Frank's way of "giving back."
We have asked for "our money back" and they have refused. Eden-Barn's local Las Vegas rep who continues to tout the company to this day is David Thawley (702) 672-7600 or (702) 407-9557
SANDY E. (SANDRA) RAINEY of NewCastle, CA is the person who is in charge and head of the whole scam. (916.521.7870) (916.663.0179)
Sandy speaks at the meetings, telling everyone, she left a $150,000.00 a year job to work as V.P. for Eden-Barn.
We want to prevent others from being taken advantage of as we were

Bookmark and Share

Last edited by djavsa : 04-25-2010 at 09:32 PM.

Old 04-27-2010, 04:43 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Eden-Barn SCAM !

Hi this is Sandy Rainey from Eden Barn. If you'd like to know the truth (which as you can see I don't hide behind a screen name), feel free to call me. As you can see Jim and Anita Grace have posted my name and phone all over the Internet. I will be glad to show you the police report I have against Jim and Anita Grace, both in CA and NV, I will show you the restraining order and the pending lawsuit for libel. I will let you listen to the death threats sent to me from them and see the facts for yourself. I may even invite you to the trial. This is going to go all the way to a jury. I look FORWARD to your call!

Old 04-27-2010, 05:21 AM
Newbie Member

The below letter was issued to Eden Barn Members in Colorado and directly to Brent Wood of CO. Springs, CO. who chose (and may be directly tied to the Grace family), to cause ireparable damage to Eden Barn, our members, our LPs and our employees_________________________

Dear Mr. Brent Wood,

This is Sandra Rainey, Vice President of Eden Barn. A copy of this note is going to Eden Barn Legal, Mr. Frank Stempfer and I am permitting our leaders to distribute this to all Members and Limited Partners in their regions, including Colorado.

You had a legal obligation to explore whether the inflammatory statements made about Eden Barn, Dave Thawley, John Alberts and myself were true and of any substance. Your choice to defame, slander and libel all of us was an egregious act of malice.

For your benefit, I have included in this email Brent, the definition of Libel. All of us have retained or are about to retain personal injury attorneys to pursue legal action against any and all persons and organizations who chose not to adhere to the law.

Had you done any exploring at all, or given Eden Barn the opportunity to provide you with details supporting our claim, here are things you would have learned.

You’d have found that Dave Thawley (a former Police Officer with the City of San Jose, CA) and I filed incident reports with Placer County (CA) Sheriff and Henderson Nevada Police Department. The Grace Family tried to extort money from Eden Barn and made death threats against me, my Husband and my 10 year old Son. (All saved on MP3).

You’d have found that in contacting my cell phone carrier for records of origination of threatening phone calls, it was discovered they were coming from the “exchange” in Las Vegas, NV.

Since the LP is not refundable (Statutory in NV) , you’d have found that an offer was made to purchase the Grace Family LP at a very reasonable rate minus the cost to change the name. The amount totaled $1750. The Grace Family would have had a small capital loss but in light of the fact that a new holder of the LP would have a charge of $585, it is fair.

You would have also found that I have a pending restraining order against Jim and Anita Grace, all relatives of the Grace Family and Extreme Digital Products, their advertising specialty company.

You would also have found that every inbound phone call and every presentation are recorded for the purpose of ensuring accuracy in statements and that there is no misrepresentation of information.

Definition of Libel:
The definition of libel depends upon whom is asked. It is clear that the definition of libel in U. S. law revolves around defamation of character in the written form. One definition of libel may not be enough to satisfy most, so we've put together the top 10 definitions of libel from various legal resources.
Definition of libel

1: Libel is the written act of defamation, vs. slander, the oral act of defamation.

2: use of print or pictures to harm someone's reputation. Until 1964, a person could prove that they had been libeled simply by showing that the statements in question were incorrect. In 1964, the Supreme Court decided that public officials had to prove that the statements in question were made with "actual malice"-for the purpose of harming the person's reputation. As a result of the Supreme Court case, Time, Inc. v. Firestone (1976); private individuals only have to prove negligence, rather than "actual malice," on the part of the press.
Definition of libel

3: Defamation of an individual or individuals in a published work, with malice aforethought. In litigation, the falsity of the libelous statements or representations, as well the intention of malice, has to be proved for there to be libel. In addition, financial damages to the parties so libeled must be incurred as a result of the material in question for there to be an assessment of the amount of damages to be awarded to a claimant. This is contrasted to slander, which is defamation through the spoken word.

Here is one more thing that you should know. The General Partner has the option to resign as the GP at any time and in doing so, would leave the LP with one of 2 options: Find a new General Partner or dissolve the partnership.

Brent, I have no reason to believe that you had any thing other than Libel in mind when you posted in writing your untrue and inaccurate statements about Eden Barn and the employees. You acted with the direct intent to cause irreparable damage to all of the Members of Eden Barn. I am going to demonstrate this tomorrow at a special invitation only event. It will be my greatest act to see that justice is received on behalf of all current and future members of Eden Barn.

What a shame that you acted at this time within a hair of the release of fund to you as an LP. Gosh, it was like running the race and stopping just short of the finish line.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:08 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

http://www.nvannualreport.com/entiti...EMENT-INC.aspx

Quote:
EDEN-BARN ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.

This information is current as of January 6, 2010.

Entity Name: EDEN-BARN ASSET MANAGEMENT INC.
Entity Type: Domestic Corporation File Number: E0760212007-5
Qualifying State:
Annual List Due: List Fees Due: $125.00 (Estimate)
Managed By: Expires On:
Entity Age: 2 Years, 6 Months

Registered Agent: Corporate Services Of Nevada

502 North Division Street
Carson City, NV 89703
Phone: Fax:
info@nevadacorps.com

No Par Shares: 0 Capital Amount: $1,000.00

President
Frank N Stempfer
C/o 204 W Spear St
Carson City, NV 89703

Secretary
Lorella K Brennan
C/o 204 W Spear St
Carson City, NV 89703

Treasurer
Lorella K Brennan
C/o 204 W Spear St
Carson City, NV 89703

Director
Frank N Stempfer
C/o 204 W Spear St
Carson City, NV 89703

Last edited by mumbles : 04-27-2010 at 09:29 AM.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:32 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

http://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/930...ry_Lending.asp

Quote:
John America | Contact or Connect with this Member
on
Jay - I heard Sandra Rainey present the Eden-Barn story during a webinar presentation and I have many concerns. Keep in mind, these are my opinions based on the responses I heard during the webinar. Eden-Barn wants $2000 in the form of a cashier's check or money order. The fee is supposed to cover the costs of reviewing your application and help set up the Limited Partnership under NV Revised Statues 88. The process takes at least 90 days. Cashier's checks and money orders are like cash - once they are cashed, you can't recover the money. Mathmatically, if Eden Barn cashes 10 of these every day for 90 days, that puts $1.8 million in their pocket. At worst, it's a scam and they run with your money. Slightly better is they run your application and deny you for whatever reason. Either way, you're out $2k. Why wouldn't Eden Barn simply request the fee for application initially and then take the next payment for setting up the LLP? My guess is they want to front end as many checks as possible. Who knows. Eden-Barn claims it has devised a revolutionary way of financing a home and they are doing this to help people who have been victims of bank lending practices. So Eden Barn claims it operates based on good will in cooperation with its non-profit division. When asked why they don't disclose information prior to submitting the $2k, Sandra said Eden-Barn doesn't want "other lending instututions to steal their idea." This struck me as strange. When the American Red Cross solicits for contributions to help victims, I think they want to help and hope you either donate to them or someone else you feel will provide aid. If Eden Barn is truly interested in helping people, wouldn't they want as many institutions engaging in this practice as possible? And what allegedly separates them form the rest of the lenders is their 3.25% asset management fee (interest rate). Who is going to be able to compete with that? It doesn't make sense. The other things that bother me: the Eden Barn website does not look like a website of a large company that Sandra claims they are. The contact address is a UK address, the parent company is in Canada. The phyisical address that is registered with the NV Secretary of State is listed on Google as "Value Vacation Rentals." The VVR website has no contact information and nothing with the BBB. Eden Barn is not listed with the BBB. Sandra is the VP of Eden Barn but uses an sbcglobal e-mail account. It's difficult to find a major business that does not use it's own url name for its e-mail. The officers listed with the Nevada Secretary of State for Eden Barn are Frank Stempfer (President and Director) and Lorella Brennan (Treasurer and Secretary). When asked how to prove Eden Barn wasn't a scam, Sandra told the caller "all the risk was on Eden Barn because they were providing funds to someone who probably wouldn't qualify for a loan." This is true - ONCE THE APPLICATION IS COMPLETE AND THE PARTNERSHIP IS SET UP. But until that happens, the person issuing the cashier's check or money order risks losing $2k. It is my personal opinion that this company is not legit. If you choose to proceed, be very careful.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:36 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

http://www.linkedin.com/in/sandrarainey

VP, CA/NV Regions at Eden Barn Asset Management

VIce President
Eden Barn
(Executive Office industry)

2009 — 2010 (1 year )

Director of Sales
Xanthos Systems
(Public Safety industry)

2007 — November 2008 (1 year )

Desinged marketing strategy
Established modular approach to selling complex solution

VP Sales
Forma Home Systems
(Building Materials industry)

February 2004 — May 2007 (3 years 4 months)

High-tech panelized manufacturing of mid to high end custom homes.

Execute strategy for acquiring initial investments to launch LLC to self fund key manufacturing facility in Nevada.

First to market sales strategy development to launch the use of tech in the blg sector never before used in the US.

Break into traditional century old industry capturing production builder community with advancement of process driven building of homes and commercial projects.

VP of Sales
Synchron Networks, Inc.

2004 — 2006 (2 years )

Vice President
Corporate Software and Technology

2002 — 2004 (2 years )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sandy Rainey’s Education
California State University-Sacramento
1981 — 1984

Sierra College
AA , General Ed , 1979 — 1981

Old 04-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

http://www.whoscammedyou.com/scams.view.cfm?scamID=639

Quote:
Since its formation in 1984, the focus of Eden-Barn™ began with “the enhancement and facilitation of philanthropic ways to create a positive atmosphere where a common pool of solutions can be achieved to truly find inspired ways to overcome social, economic and logical inequality that affects the needy around the world.” The charitable non-profit Eden-Barn Foundation was formed in 1999 on the principal of assisting orphaned, destitute children and elderly people through a worldwide humanitarian project of constructing sustainable eco-villages. Eden-Barn Foundation’s Chairman, Mr. Frank Stempfer spoke about this concept in January 1999 to 50 United Nations Ambassadors and Delegates attending a “World Family Wellness” conference where Eden-Barn’s vision for eco-villages worldwide was widely embraced. Eden-Barn Association, a universal non-profit membership cooperative, was formed in 2007 to afford like-minded people the opportunity to participate as a member in support of Eden-Barn Foundation’s worldwide humanitarian outreach. In 2008, with the housing collapse in our own country, Mr. Stempfer stepped forward to arrange for capital contributions for those qualified Members who had formed a Family Limited Partnership (FLP) in the State of Nevada, with Eden-Barn Asset Management acting as the General Partner (GP). With the lengthy financial negotiations behind us, the GP’s ability to provide a capital contribution for those Members holding a FLP in good standing is imminent.
Eden-Barn™ refuses to be silent any longer when slanderous and defaming statements are made about this organization. Libel and Slander against Eden-Barn Foundation, Mr. Frank Stempfer and Senior Executive Members will be dealt with to the fullest extent of the law. The comments and threats made by the Graces are beyond reproach. Mr. Stempfer nor any person working for Eden-Barn ever stated that he was a self-made millionaire, nor insinuated that he has been a member or worked under any United States Administration or President Reagan Administration. Eden-Barn is the holder of many types of assets and high-tech technologies under written contract and a fully equipped manufacturing facility with substantial large signed contracts is in place for product delivery.
i didn't find any sustainable eco-villiages for orphans yet, but i am still looking.

Quote:
Eden-Barn Asset Management Inc. engages the services of Corporate Services of Nevada to assist Eden-Barn Association Members with the forming of a Family Limited Partnership as an Estate Planning tool designed to protect the asset of the qualified Limited Partner. Once an individual or family joins Eden-Barn Association with dues of $250.00 it provides a Member the opportunity to form a Family Limited Partnership (FLP) should they so desire at a cost of $1,750.00. The FLP may choose any qualified asset manager as their General Partner. Mr. Grace requested to expedite the formation of the Family Limited Partnership and therefore sent the extra $200.00 that the State of Nevada requests for expediting this service. (The $1,300 cost for forming and registering the Family Limited Partnership and $450.00 to Eden-Barn Asset Management, Inc. for services rendered = $1,750.00.) Monies outside of the formation of the LP are held in escrow by the General Partner on behalf of the Limited Partner until such time a financial contribution is provided by the General Partner.

Last edited by mumbles : 04-27-2010 at 08:47 AM.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Banned

Current BBB Report doesn't have much yet, it was just opened last October.
Quote:
BBB Rating for Edenbarn Association
Based on BBB files, Edenbarn Association has a BBB Rating of C- on a scale from A+ to F.
Reasons for this rating include:
* BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
* BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.

Business Contact and Profile for Edenbarn Association
Name: Edenbarn Association
Phone: (916) 899-8790
Address: 204 W Spear St # 2409
Carson City, NV 89703-4160
Principal: Ms. Lorella K Brennan, Director
Customer Contact: Ms. Lorella K Brennan, Director - (916) 899-8790
File Open Date: October 2009
Type of Business: Financial Services
BBB Accreditation: Edenbarn Association is not a BBB Accredited business.
Additional DBA Names: Edenbarn Foundation, A Non-Profit Corporation

BBB has requested basic information from this company but has not received a response. As a result, BBB may not have current information about the company.

Business Management
Additional company management personnel include:

Mr. Frank N Stempfer - President
Mr. Don Harmer - Director

Customer Complaint History for Edenbarn Association
BBB processed a total of 0 complaints about Edenbarn Association in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.
Couple different listing with the Nevada SoS, many of the same names in the registrations.
EDEN-BARN ASSET MANAGEMENT INC., Domestic Corporation, Filed: 25OCT2007, Active.
EDEN-BARN ASSOCIATION, Dom Non-Profit Coop Association, Filed: 17JUL2008, Active.
EDEN-BARN ENERGY RESOURCES, INC., Domestic Corporation, Filed; 13JAN2009, Active.
EDEN-BARN FOUNDATION, A NON-PROFIT CORPORATION, Domestic Non-Profit Corporation, Filed; 16JUN1999, Active.
EDEN-BARN PROTECTION FUNDS INC., Domestic Corporation. Filed; 18MAY2007, Active.
EDEN-BARN INTERNATIONAL, INC., Domestic Corporation, Filed 14JUL1998, Dissolved.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

http://www.assetprotectionbook.com/f...rtnerships.htm

Quote:
Failure to Fund the FLP – Many people will go to great lengths to form their FLP and pay substantial fees to a planner to do so, but then never transfer any significant assets to it. Obviously, to the extent that assets are not contributed to the FLP those assets are not afforded either the tax benefits or asset protection benefits of the arrangement.
Quote:
Non-Business Assets or Activities – Notwithstanding the use of the term “Family” in FLP, these are still limited partnerships, which are fundamentally business entities and are not meant for personal use. The family residence should not, for instance, be placed into a FLP, nor should normal family expenses (utilities, clothing, educational expenses, etc.) be paid from the FLP. The use of the FLP for personal purposes could result in the entity being disregarded for tax and asset protection purposes.

Last edited by mumbles : 04-27-2010 at 09:26 AM.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

http://www.edenbarn.org/

Domain Name:EDENBARN.ORG
Created On:12-Jul-2008 18:41:30 UTC
Last Updated On:15-Dec-2009 15:43:11 UTC
Expiration Date:12-Jul-2010 18:41:30 UTC

site is now dead.

Quote:
Please direct any and all communications and correspondence to chairman@eden-barn.org.uk
http://eden-barn.org.uk/

is also inactive.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Newbie Member

Brent and Joyce Woods of Colorado Springs with little to no information about Eden Barn and should have come to us for the right answers.

Unfortunatly for them, they have posted a lot of information that means absolutely nothing other than it's meant to slander, libel and defame Eden Barn. Who knows, they may be relatives of the Grace Family.

My work history? C'mon Joyce. What possible baring could this have on the situation?

Stewart Title? 2008? Do you know what this means Joyce? Clearly you do not. If you or any one watching this post would like to speak with an executive at Stewart Title feel free to call me. I will provide you with her contact info. She will tell you exactly what this means. You will learn the truth.

And Joyce, listing our filings with the State of NV? Public record. Not sure what it means to you but it is simply that, our filings

At the end of the day, you must be deeply saddened by the fact that Eden Barn is resigning as the GP in your LP. You will be left with no options, no hope.

I will pray for you, it is clear you need help. You must have been crushed by the economy....maybe you are not making ends meet. I do not know what your motives are, but I will pray for you and Brent regardless.

You know Joyce, you cannot change Gods will. And His will is to see Eden Barn doing exactly what HE WANTS. We are a strong house!

I truly appreciate you being on our call this morning. My phone has been ringing off the hook. The EB crowd is circling the core to protect their future.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:13 AM
Newbie Member

P. S. Customer Complaint History for Edenbarn Association
BBB processed a total of 0 complaints about Edenbarn Association in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period.

Until you and Jim Grace. WOW that makes 2.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
What a shame that you acted at this time within a hair of the release of fund to you as an LP. Gosh, it was like running the race and stopping just short of the finish line.
how many of your clients have had funds released to their LP?

why is the website not operating?

Old 04-27-2010, 01:08 PM
Newbie Member

This is absolutely crazy Joy!

Please note the BBB rating you posted. There is a C rating because there is no information...on purpose! It has been said a thousand times by Sandy and Frank. This is not a discovery of yours. Placing this information out there like it is new and CSI is helping you is very funny.

No one is deterred by your attacks, moreover, we are renewed by your aggression in attempt to discredit Eden Barn.

I think if you calm down and take a breath you will realize how futile this is. EB made it and those of us who had faith in God, will be walking around that mountain for the last time.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:28 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

hello? is anybody awake? clients of this firm did not go seeking somebody to help them file papers for a family limited partnership. apparently, clients answered some kind of ad promising help with their mortgage or an investment opportunity?

it doesn't matter if sandy paid the money to the government to file papers or if she snorted it up her nose. the money was paid as an advance fee to get "funds". if there are no funds now and no funds coming, sandy is responsible for returning the money. she promoted the scheme and reaped the profits. perhaps sandy can work nights at waffle house to get the money? $2000 is alot for some people but is it pocket change to a "wealthy philanthropist". why doesn't he just issue a check?

the BBB is not involved. as for the threats, sorry, people tend to say rude things when they have been scammed. not relevant to the original question: where's the money that was promised by sandy? that is what the clients paid for. they didn't get it. they won't get it.

Last edited by mumbles : 04-27-2010 at 02:27 PM.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Rainey View Post
Until you and Jim Grace. WOW that makes 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudtobew/EB View Post
This is absolutely crazy Joy!

Please note the BBB rating you posted.
My name isn't 'Joy' nor is it 'Jim'. I posted the information for background on the company/business in question.

If either of you a referring to the thread starter, 'djavsa', well all you have to do is click on their username above to see that they have only posted once since joining this forum. You will also see the date that member joined this forum.

The two others posting in this thread ('mumbles' and 'nomaxim') have been members here for 3-4 years.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Banned

Found some other websites.
WhoIs for edenbarn.org,
Quote:
Domain ID:D153327712-LROR
Domain Name:EDENBARN.ORG
Created On:12-Jul-2008
Last Updated On:15-Dec-2009
Expiration Date:12-Jul-2010
Sponsoring Registrar:GoDaddy.com, Inc. (R91-LROR)
Registrant ID:CR36299742
Registrant Name:Registration Private
Registrant Organization:Domains by Proxy, Inc.
Registrant Street2:15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Scottsdale
Registrant State/Province:Arizona
Registrant Postal Code:85260
Registrant Country:US

Reverse IP:
5,680,424 other sites hosted on this server.
IP Address:
IP Location:
United States - Arizona - Scottsdale - Godaddy.com Inc
WhoIs for edenbarn.net,
Quote:
Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Domain Name: EDENBARN.NET
Created on: 22-Feb-09
Expires on: 22-Feb-11
Last Updated on: 23-Feb-10

Reverse IP:
12,343,585 other sites hosted on this server.
IP Address:
IP Location:
Same private registration service and host, but different servers for the two above.

This one has the same IP as the first. Different registration and a registar in Germany.
WhoIs for eden-barn.org.uk,
Quote:
Domain name:
eden-barn.org.uk

Registrant:
OCS American LLC

Registrant type:
Non-UK Corporation

Registrant's address:
2020 Pennsylvania Ave NW - Ste 711
Washington
DC
20002-1811
United States

Registrar:
Key-Systems GmbH [Tag = KEY-SYSTEMS-DE]
URL: http://www.Key-Systems.net

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 12-Jul-2008
Renewal date: 12-Jul-2010

IP Address:
IP Location:

Last edited by nomaxim : 04-27-2010 at 03:25 PM.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Newbie Member

Why are you so sure there will not be a fund forthcoming?

Are you 100% absolutely positive this will not happen?

Do you have information to support your claim?

If so, please post this, so I can review for myself. I would like to know what, I do not know.

I am a reasonable person, I challenge you to provide me material proof, not accusations and I will review it.

The information provide above, is not material proof.