report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #217  
Old 04-25-2010, 09:42 AM
put it out there baby put it out there baby is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,196
Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

03-01-2010, 02:15 PM
cyclemaster
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 217



Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

Wow Len...that is a whole lot to digest, but I want to commend you for your attempt at a pretty poor smoke screen. Your mathematical scenario is nothing more than smoke and mirrors to keep the Yoli followers on this board from asking questions about the backroom deals that the leaders have negotiated that have blatantly violated Yoli policies and quite possibly committed pyramiding violations.

Looks like the truths in my most recent posts panicked you enough to violate your vow of board celibacy in less than 48 hours. Things that make you go hmmm....


Quote:
Originally Posted by MWave
I see some of you are already trying to drag all your anti-Yoli propaganda over to this thread now that I’m not responding to it over there. By all means, pollute this thread all you want with off topic garbage.

But since recycelmaster is trying so desperately hard to make this multiple position issue about me, and this thread is about me (funny how I’m so unimportant, meaningless and irrelevant, yet the trolls here felt the need to devote an entire topic just to their efforts to discredit me – but I digress), and since demonstrating why he’s completely wrong is just do darn easy, I’ll indulge it a little longer.

As anyone with even a modicum of knowledge about Yoli knows, there was about a five month pre-enrollment period where various leaders collected paper apps and orders, then submitted them to corporate for processing all at the same time – the second week of November, 2009. So, $1.7 million in orders (yes, I know the company only claims “over $1 million”) were all piled into this first week of a 4-week rolling qualification cycle. Keep this in mind.

Now, since well over $1 million occurred in this single week, and about 40% of it occurred in the RIGHT leg off the master position (first level to the company), and since Rod Nichols is one of the four “Black Diamonds” (highest rank in the Yoli plan) in my personal right leg, it seems reasonable that he would have had no problem achieving the weekly $12,500 total earnings requirement to earn a reentry position – which is the actual requirement, which includes income from all sources, including matching bonuses, which generally account for about half on one’s total check, which means Rod could easily have earned a reentry with as little as $60,000 in his weak leg. And Rod actually has the majority of this company leg’s total volume under him! And four weeks later, when all the autoships from these same people occurred, he would have easily had well more than $60,000 in both legs again!



Not only are reentry positions a basic and standard aspect to literally every binary compensation plan that’s ever exited, but a simple Google search can easily and quickly verify that Yoli offers this as well.

http://tinyurl.com/yzaosk8



Yes, they are in the lesser volume side of a master position that had well over $1 million in volume under it the first week! Why recyclemaster assumes that less than half of this amount is a small number is… well, actually not that hard to figure out. He is either completely ignorant to binary plan nomenclature (look it up, Brian) and doesn’t understand that “weak leg” simply means the lesser volume side, and does not mean it is literally “weak”, or more likely he’s just desperately flailing away trying to pull what ever he can out of his upper colon to salvage a completely destroyed argument.



Again, you are wrong. You simply have no clue what you are talking about. It would not have been fair to a distributor to force them to pile all this volume onto one week (that huge first week), when spreading out over all four weeks would have been to their advantage. For example, to earn a reentry you have to earn $12,500 (from your total check, not just binary commissions) in four consecutive weeks. So, again just as an example, to force someone to pile $480,000 in one week when $120,000 per week over 4 weeks can earn them a reentry, would not be fair, right? That’s why Yoli waived the 4 consecutive week requirements for anyone who reached a rank that required it!

So Rod would only have had to “max out” a position in ONE WEEK to earn a reentry position.



You still haven’t provided even the slightest shred of evidence that I have violated any Yoli policy, let alone state or federal law. On what do you base this accusation on? Please, please don’t tell me that all you have is the fact that Team Vitality refers to me as one of their “leaders”.

Really, is that it? Seriously?

You must be soooo glad by now that you never posted under your real name. This would be so embarrassing

Len







  #218  
Old 04-25-2010, 09:42 AM
put it out there baby put it out there baby is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,196
Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

03-01-2010, 02:24 PM
fastmoney
Court "Certified" Anti- MLM Expert!
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,068



Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWave

Although this thread is getting boring as well. Do you all have any actual evidence to discredit anything I’ve said or done? Come on, people. You’ve got almost 20 years of material to work with. Nothing? Really?

Len


As an objective reader of this thread.. Let me ask you..

For all your ego and all your confidence..

Do you have any actual evidence that you have actually accomplished anything in your entire life?? You have almost 51 years of material to work with..

From the looks of it, you have nothing.. Really!!!

Dare to dream Len...



  #219  
Old 04-25-2010, 09:43 AM
put it out there baby put it out there baby is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,196
Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

03-01-2010, 02:25 PM
cyclemaster
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 217



Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

Oh, when you said your career and life were so busy that you were committing to "board sobriety" I didn't realize that meant your career and life were just too busy for two threads, but wasn't too busy for just one thread. Now I understand a little more clearly.

I think maybe the info you were seeing as the rebuttals to your ridiculous and factually inaccurate posts might have concerned you a little methinks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MWave
I was referring to the Yoli thread. Which I specifically declared to prevent anyone from misunderstanding and thinking this applied to this or any other thread on scam.com.

Although this thread is getting boring as well. Do you all have any actual evidence to discredit anything I’ve said or done? Come on, people. You’ve got almost 20 years of material to work with. Nothing? Really?

Len






  #220  
Old 04-25-2010, 09:43 AM
put it out there baby put it out there baby is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,196
Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

03-01-2010, 02:32 PM
cyclemaster
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 217



Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

The hilarious thing about Lenny is that after his antics on the Yoli thread which extended that thread to almost 3,500 posts and over 72,000 views he then vows board sobriety. Less than 48 hours later he begins his antics all over again on a completely different thread in an effort to break his previous records on the Yoli thread.

Keep 'em coming Lenny....we are all rooting for you!! Remember, if you can believe it, you can achieve it!!



  #221  
Old 04-25-2010, 09:44 AM
put it out there baby put it out there baby is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,196
Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

03-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Doc Bunkum
At least 200+ Mensa tested IQ
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bumfuck, Iowa
Posts: 1,379



Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmoney
As an objective reader of this thread.. Let me ask you..

For all your ego and all your confidence..

Do you have any actual evidence that you have actually accomplished anything in your entire life?? You have almost 51 years of material to work with..


Well, he oversaw the complete restoration of his 1925 Model T (I say "oversaw" because I hardly doubt he did the work himself), and he had his Jaguar S-Type repaired.

I will admit the Jaguar S-Type is some nice sheet metal.

But who wants a car that leaks oil all over your driveway?

Or that you have to tune every morning to get the thing to run?

But, each to their own.



  #222  
Old 04-25-2010, 09:45 AM
put it out there baby put it out there baby is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,196
Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

03-01-2010, 03:00 PM
MWave
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 711



Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclemaster
The hilarious thing about Lenny is that after his antics on the Yoli thread which extended that thread to almost 3,500 posts and over 72,000 views he then vows board sobriety. Less than 48 hours later he begins his antics all over again on a completely different thread in an effort to break his previous records on the Yoli thread.

Keep 'em coming Lenny....we are all rooting for you!! Remember, if you can believe it, you can achieve it!!


Here is what I said, within the Yoli thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWave
Listen, people… This has been a blast (slight pun intended). But even posting on weekends is tough for a someone who has a career and a life. Besides that, we are so clearly done here. You all are so obviously out of ammunition, and the desperation you are now resorting to in an effort to find some kind of fault with Yoli is self evident. Its no longer necessary for me or anyone else to point it out.

I’m not saying I won’t post an occasional warning to any objective, rational reader to remind them of who is posting here and your real agenda. But otherwise I think Yoli has stood up extremely well to the tsunami of scum and garbage you’ve all thrown at it over the last several months. In spite of this being essentially a battle between about ten full time trolls and anti-MLM zealots against three part time posting MLMers, Yoli still managed to come out without a scratch. I’m completely confident that anyone who has actually followed this thread, or follows its archives, will come to the same conclusion.

I would also encourage Kerry and Chris to join me in my renewed attempt at board sobriety, at least within this Yoli thread. Watching all the trolls starve and feed each other their own troll droppings will be hilarious. If cyclemaster posts as many recycled pleas begging me to feed him just between weekends, imaging what they’ll all do if we completely cut them off!

Grab a box of popcorn, blast a bottle of FUN (Yoli’s newest product), and enjoy the show!


Seriously, recyclemaster... do you have a reading comprehension problem, or are you just a lying scumbag?

Len




  #223  
Old 04-25-2010, 09:45 AM
put it out there baby put it out there baby is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,196
Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

03-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Live&Learn
Learning is fun!
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 655



Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWave
OMG! You actually have to ask???

Your friends and family must have a field day with you every April 1st

Len


For a person who refers to himself in the third person on message boards, I can easily imagine that you think you are a legend.




  #224  
Old 04-25-2010, 09:46 AM
put it out there baby put it out there baby is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,196
Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

03-01-2010, 03:01 PM
MWave
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 711



Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Bunkum
Well, he oversaw the complete restoration of his 1925 Model T (I say "oversaw" because I hardly doubt he did the work himself), and he had his Jaguar S-Type repaired.

I will admit the Jaguar S-Type is some nice sheet metal.

But who wants a car that leaks oil all over your driveway?

Or that you have to tune every morning to get the thing to run?

But, each to their own.


I'm curious, Brian... what do you drive?

Or, should I ask... what can you fit into?

Len



  #225  
Old 04-25-2010, 09:46 AM
put it out there baby put it out there baby is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,196
Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

03-01-2010, 03:07 PM
Live&Learn
Learning is fun!
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 655



Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWave
Riiiiight. That’s why I met with the Yoli founders on Thursday… then went into the Yoli thread on Saturday… and posted twenty-two times!

Because they ordered be not to post in the Yoli thread.

Why do you guys make this so easy?

Len


That's funny. Still haven't seen that proof that Yoli managament approves of your online shenanigans.



  #226  
Old 04-25-2010, 09:47 AM
put it out there baby put it out there baby is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,196
Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

03-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Live&Learn
Learning is fun!
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 655



Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastcapnutrition
Well Len nor Yoli had nothing to do with the lies my sponsor told me, but I do agree the business model of sending full bottles of water across the country was idiotic. I would of loved to see that case after sitting in the back of a ups truck all day when it was below zero here for a few days. Just stupid.

On top of all that, another issue I didnt address was the price hike Yoli imposed just weeks after pre-launch. They realized they didn't have a cap/bottle combo that totaled the 50PV required to be active. (The 12 caps had a 25 PV and the 6 bottles w/caps had a 20 PV) Talk about poor planning. I suggested to management that they simply lower the required PV to 45, problem solved. Instead, Yoli raises the already high cost of the 6 bottles and ups the PV to 25. So now the price we were all told we would pay for a six pack, (our lead item to try to retail), is now even higher. GREED is what I accused them off, of course they called it something else.


Alan Ratliff made his comments back on January 28. I'm sure you've all noticed that Lenny continues to avoid my question.

What does Yoli management do about sponsors who lie?



  #227  
Old 04-25-2010, 09:50 AM
put it out there baby put it out there baby is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,196
Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

Pages through #14 are now posted. What is interesting to note, is that when I leave out 99% of the trolling, worthless drivel done by Jeb, Chrissey and Heiney the page count now goes to #5 on here! ROTFL! What does that tell us? lol




Last edited by put it out there baby : 04-25-2010 at 10:13 AM.

  #228  
Old 04-25-2010, 10:50 AM
put it out there baby put it out there baby is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,196
Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

Found this on the net:

USANA Health Sciences, Inc. faces severe challenge by Fraud Discovery Institute



Stock price plummets as the news gets out. Weak defense by Len ****** debugged.

Len ****** and Marketwave – after Wave – of Deceptions.

By Jon M. Taylor, Ph.D.
In the article by Len ****** entitled “An Open Rebuttal to the Fraud Discovery Institute Report on Usana Health Sciences,” he attacks my research and me personally. Unable to effectively refute my research, he frequently engages in personal attacks on me, which I routinely ignore. However, since his arguments reflect on Barry Minkow and his FDI, just a few of the litany of deceptions relating to my input seem appropriate:

1.(page 2) ****** refers to Robert Fitzpatrick and myself as “anti-MLM zealots” and our “biased, anti-MLM propaganda.” The reader should note that the vast majority of our writings and advocacy are done gratuitously through our respective non-profit organizations, Pyramid Scheme Alert and Consumer Awareness Institute. While we are occasionally hired as consultants or expert witnesses, it does not cover but a small fraction of what we have donated out of pocket to serve consumers. We are entirely independent of any profit-making entities, especially MLM’s. I don’t even sell anything on my site. This is not true of Len ******, who is selling books, periodicals, advertising, seminars, promotional materials, consulting, etc. – all on behalf of the MLM industry. His livelihood is dependent on his defending MLM.

2. (page 18) ****** states my only practical experience was in an “old-school breakaway program” 16 years ago. The company was Nu Skin, which still uses its breakaway compensation plan, and it was 12 years ago, not 16.

3. (page 2) ****** assumes Minkow was influenced by Fitzpatrick and myself when he began his investigation in 2004 and that we “played a significant role in his three year education into the MLM industry.” My first contact with Minkow was an email from him dated January 16, 2007.

4. (page 8) ****** touts Usana’s low product return rate (1.5% to 2.1% for the past three years). He asks why more buyers didn’t return their products if they didn’t want them and didn’t resell them. First, recruits are encouraged to use their products, not store them, and few meet the strict refund requirements (unopened, time limits, etc.) Also, victims seldom seek refunds for the same reasons they seldom file complaints with law enforcement. They are taught to blame themselves for their “failure,” they fear self-incrimination (since in every chain selling program, virtually every major victim becomes a perpetrator – having to recruit enough buyers to recover his/her initial and ongoing investment), and they fear consequences from or to their upline or downline – who are often close friends or relatives still in the chain. For a more complete analysis of low return rates and “pay to play” requirements of MLM or chain selling companies, read my full report prepared for the National White Collar Crime Center -
"THE 5 RED FLAGS: Five Causal and Defining Characteristics of PRODUCT-BASED PYRAMID SCHEMES or RECRUITING MLM's."

5. (page 8) ****** claims we “choose to believe that the FTC requires 70% of all sales by MLM companies to be to (non-distributor) retail customers.” If he read our writings, he would know that we understand very well the origin of the “Amway safeguards” and that these were not FTC demands, but a voluntary safeguard to which Amway agreed. However, the Amway rules are neither enforced, nor voluntarily complied with by the MLM companies that ****** defends, including Amway (now Quixtar).

6. (page 9) ****** creates the pejorative appellation “FitzMinklor” to imply a unified conspiracy between the three of us. In fact, we could hardly have come from more diverse backgrounds and viewpoints regarding the field of marketing and direct selling. Fitzpatrick was involved in a no-product pyramid scheme (The Airplane Game), I was involved in an MLM or product-based pyramid scheme (Nu Skin), and Minkow was involved in neither. Our varying perspectives give added credibility to our agreed-upon conclusion: Usana is a highly fraudulent pyramid or chain selling operation that has victimized investors, Associates, and Preferred Customers – to the extent of hundreds of millions of dollars.

7. (page 18) ****** refers to my PhD in psychology, obviously implying an unrelated and unqualified background. He fails to mention my MBA degree and my 30+ years experience in entrepreneurship and sales. Apparently unaware of the rigors of PhD study, he didn’t know that my PhD included two years’ training in statistics. I have also worked on the administrative staff of two universities where I evaluated the research of others.

8. (page 18) ****** refers to my statistical findings on failure rates as “educated guesses.”
Nothing could be further from the truth. Years of research went into these statistics, drawing from a base of experience with legitimate direct sales programs that far exceeds that of Mr. ******. This was amplified by my direct involvement with MLM and communications with hundreds of victims from a wide variety of MLM programs. This background, combined with extensive independent surveys and research on official MLM company reports enabled me to debunk the misleading statistics supplied by the MLM companies – and to present a much more accurate picture of loss rates to consumers considering MLM as an income opportunity. I have ample evidence (including surveys of tax preparers and statistics from gambling casinos in Las Vegas) that it is no more appropriate to post “business opportunity” above the gaming tables in Las Vegas than it is to tout an MLM such as Usana as a business opportunity. The odds of profiting are far better for participating in craps or roulette at Ceasar’s Palace than in MLM’s like Usana.

In addition to incentivized purchases when I was with Nu Skin, I kept careful track of the out-of-pocket costs of MLM recruiting, which I found absolutely essential to advance up the hierarchy of distributors, which qualify one for sufficient commissions and bonuses to have any hope of recouping “pay to play” investments – laundered as product purchases. ****** will likely say “Well, that was Nu Skin.”
I have personally analyzed the compensation plans of over 250 MLM programs, including that of Usana. And I can safely assert that virtually all MLM’s, including Usana, have compensation plans that reward primarily the recruitment of a downline and incorporate powerful incentives for investing in the initial package and in making ongoing “pay to play” purchases.

9. (page 8 and whole report) The deceptive arguments ****** uses to prove Usana is not a pyramid scheme, includes an out-of-context quote from the FTC’s James Kohm regarding “internal consumption,” as follows:
“In fact, the amount of internal consumption in any multi-level compensation business does not determine whether or not the FTC will consider the plan a pyramid scheme.” ****** adds, “There it is, in black and white, straight from the horse’s mouth. Case Closed.”
But the case is far from closed, as this quote illustrates. He left out important parts of the letter from James Kohm, especially the following that leads to a completely different conclusion than the portion he quoted out of context:
"The Commission's recent cases, however, demonstrate that the sale of goods and service; alone does not necessarily render a multi-level system legitimate. Modern pyramid schemes generally do not blatantly base commissions on the outright payment of fees, but instead try to disguise these payments to appear as if they are based on the sale of goods or services. The most common means employed to achieve this goal is to require a certain level of monthly purchases to qualify for commissions. While the sale of goods and services nominally generates all commissions in a system primarily funded by such purchases, in fact, those commissions are funded by purchases made to obtain the right to participate in the scheme. Each individual who profits, therefore, does so primarily from the payments of others who are themselves making payments in order to obtain their own profit. As discussed above, such a plan is little more than a transfer scheme, dooming the vast majority of participants to financial failure."
“This precisely describes Usana (and Nuskin and a host of others) and appears to condemn them as ‘transfer schemes’ that ‘doom the vast majority of participants to financial failure’," as pointed out by Robert Fitzpatrick of Pyramid Scheme Alert in a letter to me dated April 26, 2007. Careful analyses of payout data from the companies themselves by both Fitzpatrick and myself confirm the high loss rates (approximately 99%) and harm to consumers.
Other deceptions in Clement’s paper would require reams of paper to debunk and more time than you as a reader or I as a writer have time to consider. But my 40-page “5 Red Flags” article cited above and linked to my law enforcement page essentially answers all his challenges, summarizing years of research on the topic. For that report and several related reports go to –
http://www.mlm-thetruth.com/law_enforcement.htm


10. (whole report) ****** also buys into and promotes the whole complex maze of deceptions essential to the success of the MLM or pyramid/chain selling model. I would refer the reader to “30 typical Misrepresentations Engaged in by Recruiting MLM’s.” – linked from Item #1 on the law enforcement page of my web site at – http://www.mlm-thetruth.com/law_enforcement.htm
Given the time, I could debunk several dozen more deceptions in Clement’s paper, which (as is true of all of his MLM treatises) is packed with deceptions. However, this sampling should be sufficient to support my conclusions about Len ****** and the business model he espouses. It is true that (in addition to recruitment skills) a limited number of persons can be “successful” at an MLM/chain selling program like Usana – but only if they meet four requirements:
  • They must be deceived.
  • They must maintain a high level of self-deception.
  • They must go about aggressively deceiving others.
  • They must maintain a state of denial about the multitude of victims left in their wake.
Len ****** and the leadership of Usana meet all four requirements.



  #229  
Old 04-25-2010, 11:41 AM
put it out there baby put it out there baby is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,196
Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

Found this on the net as well:

Barry Minkow versus Len ******: Who is Winning?

Mr. Les ******, who describes himself as a Court recognized expert on Network Marketing, has written a response to the Fraud Discovery Institute's report on USANA.
Mr. ****** response to the FDI report can be read here, and Mr. Minkow's rebuttal is here.
****** makes a number of points, but I wish to concentrate on what is the main issue, which is a two-parter. The FDI claims, in essence, that since USANA's products are too expensive, a distributor cannot make money by selling vitamins retail and can only make money by recruiting others, who have to recruit others, etc. Eventually, according to the FDI, the recruitment must fail for most individuals as a matter of cold hard mathematics.
****** takes issue with this argument. With respect to the second premise, ****** claims that:
"Eighty-five percent of distributors lose money because 85% of distributors don’t do what they’re suppose to do to make money!

People who spent $1,000,000 for a Taco Bell franchise typically take their business pretty seriously. People who spend $20 for a distributor kit do not. People usually spend 4-8 years and tens-of-thousands of dollars preparing for their career. For those who join a network marketing venture to eventually earn a living income (92%) this would essentially be a career choice. Yet, most will make this decision based on nothing more than a compelling “opportunity call” or a jazzy online flash presentation. Sure, a few really do their due-diligence, work hard and give it their best shot and still fail, as is true in any business. But the vast majority of those who enroll as an MLM distributor do little more than tell a couple friends about it, who decline, and they’re done. Many don’t even do that much. Some may even give it a good effort for a month or two, then not understanding the commitment level necessary to succeed they either drop out, or more likely hop from one “better” MLM program to another. Over and over and over. Much like a marathon runner who repeatedly stops at the one mile marker and returns to the starting line,
then stands their scratching her head wondering why she can’t “succeed”. Then finally, as most ex-MLMers do, they walk away disgusted, blaming their failure on their shoes, the course, the race officials, the weather – everything but themselves." (my emphasis)


****** is at odds with the official USANA explanation, most "distributors' join in order to access discounts on vitamins. While, I don't doubt the veracity of Mr. ****** description of what the average MLM does when they encounter failure, this is not an explanation for the failure. Mr. ****** description of the what the average MLM recruit does is complete consistent with the FDI claim that MLM recruitment must fail, as a matter of design.

The critical question is not whether 85% of distributors don't do what they are supposed to do to make money, the question is whether the USANA products can be sold in highly competitive retail marketplace. If the products are not being sold, then a distributor cannot be buying them with the intent to retailing them, and therefore is buying them primarily to keep his or her recruitment income in place -or at least that is how I understand the FDI argument.

So who has got the better argument against retail? ****** argues:


"Most network marketing companies extol the benefits of this bypassing of the middleman as a means to afford greater commissions to their sales reps. This, and the dramatically reduced advertising costs, allow for a much larger chunk of the margin to go towards distributor rewards and compensation than those that are sold via conventional channels (since the distributors themselves are essentially the ‘middleman’ and their advertising mechanism). And that’s exactly what Usana is doing here. Note the slide above exclaims “Receive a generous percentage of the profits,” not “Receive a generous discount on the products,” let alone a 75% discount."


The FDI's response is:

"If what you are saying is correct, then I would expect the financial information disclosed by Usana to include something to the effect that distributors receive “a generous percentage of the profits.” Yet as we have seen, the 2006 associate earnings information released by Usana shows that more than 94,000 North American distributors never earned a dime in commissions (that’s of the 142,000 that are counted). It also shows that 72% of the compensation paid went to 2.6% of the distributors. These facts can’t be spun.

So much for the newcomers to Usana receiving part of that 75% of profits! And beyond that, you clearly missed the point in the report: that the products are so hopelessly overpriced that very little actual retailing of the
products occurs and that no such 75% is pulled out at all! If it were the commissions going to distributors and the current retail price for Usana products would be a ‘push’ but instead even with the “75% being saved and passed on to the distributor commissions’ the prices for these
products post that calculation are still hopelessly overpriced dooming distributors to failure because they cannot retail."


Well, who has the better argument, on the numbers, here? It is hard to understand ****** since an upline by definition is a middleman, stuck between the consumer and USANA. If there was a single level of distributors, then the standard marketing company's line about a 75% saving might make some sense.

On the other hand, the FDI is making a different point, on disclosure of the amount of commissions paid to how many distributors.
What about those preferred customers, surely those are retails sales? ****** raises this very point.
Here is FDI's take on the preferred customers.

"76,000 Usana Preferred Customers purchased $52.3 million in products during 2006. You use this statement to debunk our assertion that little to no
retail sales are occurring at Usana.

Initially, your numbers appear impressive, until one does the math on direct sales and the number of associates and preferred customers. For example, Usana reported 142,841 “average distributors” and 70,000 “active” preferred customers in North America in 2006. Total direct sales in North America for 2006 were $246.5 million. This averages to about $89 every four weeks, per associate or preferred customer. (And the amount purchased per associate or preferred customer is actually lower than $89, as the associate and preferred customer numbers released by Usana only included “average” and “active,” and not all participants throughout the year.)

What does $89 every four weeks get an associate or preferred customer? About 84% of a 28 day supply of the HealthPak 100. If you want proof that products are not being retailed, the discussion is over. Distributors and preferred customers themselves are not even purchasing one full HealthPak 100 every four weeks, one of the company’s best selling products.

Okay Mr. ******, maybe the 2005 Usana numbers are more favorable? Not much. Usana reported 101,361 “average distributors” and 63,000 “active” preferred customers in North America in 2006. Total direct sales in North America for 2006 were $209.4 million. This averages to about $98 in wholesale purchases every four weeks, per associate or preferred customer. That’s still not enough money to buy even one four-week pack of the now famously overpriced HealthPak 100." (my emphasis)

The overall calculation appears correct, and the preferred customers on average don't appear to even be ordering a four-week pack. But they could be ordering something else, other product. How many products are the preferred customers ordering before they find them too expensive, if they do? Neither side hit a home run here, but I think that the FDI hit at least a double, and probably a triple.


Last edited by put it out there baby : 04-25-2010 at 11:43 AM.

  #230  
Old 04-25-2010, 12:01 PM
howdy howdy is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,260
Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

Only $89.00 a month for vitamins,

Wow, what a deal.

LOL.

Nice articles you found, this and the previous one.


  #231  
Old 04-25-2010, 12:33 PM
James R's Avatar
James R James R is offline
I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,596
Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

Memo to Leonard "the Mensa 155" ******

Dude, you made a horrible mistake by misrepresenting yourself as a "moderator" on this forum only to collect information and delete threads.

I can understand how a "computer programmer/court-cerified mlm expert" could be confused after a "Rhodes Scholar-like" education from the prestigious Heald Community College studying COBOL, FORTRAN and Slide Rule technologies from the last century in the 70s.

After 30 years of mlm scam jumping, I would predict that the 155 Mensa IQ will kick in at some point and you will figure out you are would probably better suited selling used cars at Lucky Lenny's Lot (w/CARFAX report) in B.F Egypt.

Did you also "delete" all the Yoli autoship accounts after YOU knew this ship was never going the sail after a few months of endless hype BACK IN 09? Or did you try to squeeze that last bit of hope out of your virtual Yoli downline? It's "virtual" because you never really had a "Yoli" committed downline to begin with...did you?

We know the truth because you haven't even remotely promoted "blasting" anything except "trolls" on this forum and positioned yourself for the next scam (Numis maybe ?).

Whatever scam you decide to join next...somebody is going to call your bluff! Are you going to try to "delete" that too?


Last edited by James R : 04-25-2010 at 12:41 PM.

  #232  
Old 04-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Owninator Owninator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,129
Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

good work piotb, im slightly surprised at len ****** for deleting this thread originally. i mean, if he was "right" surely hed want the world to see him "feed trolls" and pit us in our place...

oh well, win some lose some... but in an mlm junkues case its always lose.


  #233  
Old 04-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Owninator Owninator is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,129
Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

also, the meer fact that len did not delete the yoli thread means he is no longer repping yoli, and probably is suing them.


  #234  
Old 04-26-2010, 01:26 AM
ChrisDoyle's Avatar
ChrisDoyle ChrisDoyle is offline
Most Valued Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 18,730
Re: Len ****** - Who is he anyway?

I'm still loving all the ''Len-obsession''

__________________
The musings of joecool44:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.



Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LIVE DEBATE between RickyB & Len ****** Doc Bunkum MLM Scams 35 11-11-2011 04:30 PM
Len ******....why is he a moderator of Scam.com? cyclemaster MLM Scams 8 05-20-2010 06:09 PM
Len ****** Launches Funny Web Site SkyWeb MLM Scams 3 08-29-2008 10:54 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.