report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Banned

Xtreme Fuel Treatment

Hi All,

About 3 years ago I got burnt by Photomax, lost about $3k and nearly lost my wife and kids.

Today I have been approached about this thing called Xtreme Fuel Treatment.

I'll be 'PHARKED' if I let myself get screwed again, so if anyone knows anything about it, can you please let me know.

This is all I get when I go to their website: https://www.goxft.com/cgi-bin/in1.pl?inview=15

Advanced apologies if I'm not supposed to do that.

The company is Syntax / Syntex?

I'm sorry for being a 'pain-in-the-ass' with my question.

Thank you for any help/advice given, but you know what they say, "Once Bitten ... Twice Shy".

PhotoHound

Old 04-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Banned

Re: Xtreme Fuel Treatment

ps. Sorry, can anyone tell me where I can get additional info about this? Thanks again.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

let's see. you are going to sell their stuff but they need your credit card to charge you? WTF? the end.

welcome to planet earth. there are many companies that will pay you a commision to sell their products. you can find them in the daily paper under help wanted:sales.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Platinum Member

This is their youtube video.

If what they are saying is true, your engine will either melt or explode. You can not just change burning point of gasoline engine if it was not designed for that specific temperature. Another lie that most of the fuel is wasted in the engine. About 98% of fuel is burned in the engine during normal conditions. Another lie: if you add fuel additive in fuel compartment it is not going to lubricate pistons. Patented and registered by EPA does not mean to be approved by EPA. It only means that it is safe to move and does not contain dangerous chemicals. In fact, chances are it is just a vinegar.

This is an old story. There has been 100s of these products pushed through MLMs and direct sales. None of them worked and all of them failed EPA test. EPA approval is a golden standard for any fuel additive. Those that pass are added by oil companies to their fuels. If they want to prove that their product works, tell them submit to EPA test. But I doubt they will.

Also, guys. This can not be their first try. Can anybody investigate previous reincarnations of this "product"?

Last edited by BorisZ : 04-19-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member

*points at ----->*
http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=120203
http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=11716

This appears to be the owner... although there are other claimants online
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnwinterholler

Last edited by ProfHenryHiggins : 04-19-2010 at 08:37 PM.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:02 AM

Years ago there was some company called ethos which was some sort of fuel additive. I also remember some sort of gas pill too.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Banned

Thank You Thank You Thank You SCAM.COM!!!

You saved my ass.

Will steer well clear.

Thank you all again.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Banned

From somebody that has actually used this product and being skeptical at first.. we tested this on an old 1990 chevy beretta and went from 19 miles per gallon to 26 miles per gallon after the 5th treatment, yes this stuff actually works, not to mention has been used by large industrial companys for about 20 years..
does what it says its suppose to.

Independent test results:
http://nextlevel.goxft.com/files/library/XFT_TESTS.pdf

Old 11-18-2010, 11:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0y3s View Post
From somebody that has actually used this product and being skeptical at first.. we tested this on an old 1990 chevy beretta and went from 19 miles per gallon to 26 miles per gallon after the 5th treatment, yes this stuff actually works, not to mention has been used by large industrial companys for about 20 years..
does what it says its suppose to.

Independent test results:
http://nextlevel.goxft.com/files/library/XFT_TESTS.pdf
https://nextlevel.goxft.com/cgi-bin/...ew=181&market=

Old 12-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Band

wonder if any of the distributors have had their fuel economy measured according to EPA standards. I think you'll find you actually have to do that if you want to make specific fuel mileage claims in your advertisements.

amazingly enough, no one ever gets these additives tested. nevermind if any of them did half of what they claim, the company would be worth billions overnight.
I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston_14 View Post
As far as the product not working...that is a lie! The product actually works great! It works every single time. My 2001 Nissan Xterra went from 15mpg-22mpg! Not only does it get better gas mileage, but it runs MUCH better too. I love it.
By involving in this MLM/gas additive nonsense you must have lost lots of money. The reason your Xterra went from 15mpg to 22mpg is probably because you have to auction off the vehicle doors, windows and seats to pay for your huge debt and now that your car is much lighter....

Anyone wishing to improve their car's mileage could also join any MLM scam and you would observe immediate effects due to a much lighter wallet.

Or you could just sell your gas guzzler and buy an ecomony car... 30mpg+ to boot...

Old 12-10-2010, 02:34 AM
Darkness Shines on Pyramids

If you are unhappy with this uh, "opportunity", here's another MLM.

Quote:
_Arthur

http://www.globalverge.com/index.php...=91&Itemid=117

Benifits (sic) of the FUEL OPTIMIZER Catalyst Delivery System:

Increases gas mileage (gasoline savings average more than 22%)
Cleans engines throughout of harmful abrasive carbon deposits
Works in conjunction with and extends the life of catalytic converters
Engines burn more completely captivating(sic) 22% of all fuel that is normally wasted without the FUEL OPTIMIZER System
3-5 Point octane boost
Significantly reduces pollution
Gives vehicles more pow-er and acceleration
Easy to use, pre-measured bottles of platinum formula
Installs in 10-15 minutes with easy to follow instructions. No special tools needed
FUEL OPTIMIZER Catalyst system is small
Fits conveniently in engine area
FUEL OPTIMIZER is safe and compatible with all gasoline burning engines

----------------------
I'll give you a few pointers.

-That gadget has been on (and off) the market since 1977
-see http://nationalfuelsaver.com/about/about.html

-Since 1980 their basic claim has been unchanged: 22% fuel economy on average.

-That claim is presented in various ways, like 22% to 28% fuel economy, up to 48% fuel economy, guaranteed 22% fuel ecomony, etc...

-They claim that their system works equally for gasoline and diesel engines, with the magic 22% for both

- They present a test, (or is it a testimonial), with a Chevrolet 1980 V8 engine, in simulated conditions. The results were a 18% fuel economy

-Since 1980, engines, carburators and fuel mixes have changed A LOT. Their claims have remained unchanged.

-They claim it's "EPA Approved". It is. As any gizmo claiming to improve engine efficiency.
Here is the EPA webpage: http://www.epa.gov/otaq/consumer/reports.htm
And here is the result of the EPA tests for the Platinum Gasaver: (900K PDF) http://www.epa.gov/otaq/consumer/devices/pb92104413.pdf
The EPA concludes that the device brings no improvement either emission or fuel economy, so it is legit to sell it in the US of A.

-The device mixture purportedly contains platinum, rhodium and niobum. Currently, platinum fetches $1500 an ounce.

-The Global Verge CEO claims that the product has won a Truth in Advertising award. This is false.
The National Fuel Saver company was sued in 1980 by the US Postal Service under the Truth in Advertising law, for claiming that the product brung UP TO 48% fuel savings.
National Fuel Saver initially lost the case (they had done no systematic testing), but the case was reversed on appeal.
http://www.usps.com/judicial/1981deci/10-1dd.htm
So, no, they didn't win any "Truth in Advertising" award, and the Courts didn't affirm or condone their tests, or lack thereof.

-Here is the results of the test of the device by Consumer Reports:
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/c...view/index.htm
"The Platinum Gas Saver ($248 for two, free shipping) includes tubing and a plastic reservoir containing liquid.
The National Fuelsaver Corporation claims the device is guaranteed to increase fuel mileage by 22 percent, in addition to extending engine life by cleaning out abrasive carbon deposits.
The manufacturer says that the product adds microscopic amounts of platinum to the air and fuel going to the engine, helping your car burn gas more efficiently and cleanly.
In more than 1,800 miles of driving, our tests showed no overall mileage improvements."

So much for the Global Verge Fuel Economizer.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:20 AM
Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by char View Post
Engines burn more completely captivating(sic) 22% of all fuel that is normally wasted without the FUEL OPTIMIZER System
You could make ALL the uncombusted fuel go towards combustion in a modern engine, you wouldn't effect your mileage. While there is a tiny amount of fuel that isn't combusted, it's so small, you couldn't do anything meaningful with it.
I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

Old 12-10-2010, 06:35 AM
Darkness Shines on Pyramids

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinandhobbes View Post
You could make ALL the uncombusted fuel go towards combustion in a modern engine, you wouldn't effect your mileage. While there is a tiny amount of fuel that isn't combusted, it's so small, you couldn't do anything meaningful with it.
OR, we could direct market a flux capacitor and put the plutonium on "autoship" and with 1.21 gigawatts of power, who needs fuel anyway.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:03 AM
Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by char View Post
OR, we could direct market a flux capacitor and put the plutonium on "autoship" and with 1.21 gigawatts of power, who needs fuel anyway.
Nah, go right for the "Mr Fusion" reactor, but skip the flux capacitor. That's what made time travel possible, and once that's possible, your downline will keep going back in time and becoming your upline. You'd continuously be getting pushed to the bottom of the pyramid, thus making little money.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:10 PM

sorry this is so late from first post, but I just came across it. I am a rep of Syntek Global & if anyone is in doubt (not going to do this for everyone that contacts me though) i will give one of you enough product to test on your car & report back here your results. How does that sound

Old 02-24-2011, 05:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I was referred to this site regarding Xtreme Fuel Treatment. I've read through the comments and it seems to me that the negative comments are from people who have not used the product.
I don't know about anyone else but my own experiences. I was given XFT to use when I had to make long trips because my granddaughter was fighting cancer for a year. still is. All I know is that it did increase my miles per gallon and also I noticed a marked improvement to my power and performance. I can only go by my own experience.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:19 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoHound View Post
ps. Sorry, can anyone tell me where I can get additional info about this? Thanks again.
I can only attest to what I have experienced. I was given XFT to use while I was doing a lot of traveling to see my granddaughter when she was diagnosed with cancer. I live in mountainous country.
I saw a marked improvement in my miles per gallon as well as an overall improvement in the performance of my 2006 Jeep Liberty. I received more power going up hills and used 1/4 tank less gas.
This was over the road driving as well as in town driving.
Hope this helps.