report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Investment Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2010, 09:09 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Agora Financial

Not on par with a lot of "take the money and run" scams, but these guys seem pretty sketchy.

They're a group that gives "financial advice" but most of their site seems geared to promote their Chicken Little documentary. (which I admit I haven't seen; no matter how clever your speech is, I only trust the facts)

Then I found this. Tell me that's for real. Seriously.

And they've been investigated by SEC in the past.

So what's up with these guys? I'm honestly curious; they don't even seem to have a Wikipedia page. (though their movie does)

Bookmark and Share

Old 04-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Agora Financial

Quote:
One investment should rocket even faster than gold over the next 12-24 months... yielding at least 3-to-1 gains on every dollar invested... GUARANTEED.
Nobody honestly can guarantee that unless they are printing money. Definitely puts the whole company under question mark.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:28 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Their claims do seem too good to be true, but they do offer trial periods with money back guarantees. I invested in two of their plays and made money on both of them. I would have to say from my experience, it is better than going into the market on your own. Still some due diligence is warranted.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:29 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Their claims do seem too good to be true, but they do offer trial periods with money back guarantees. There customer support is very good. I invested in two of their plays and made money on both of them. I would have to say from my experience, it is better than going into the market on your own. Still some due diligence is warranted.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:32 AM
I am new at Scam.com

For a novice investor like me, who only has experience in precious metals, and my 401k, what's the best way to perform due diligence on Agora?

Old 01-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFern View Post
For a novice investor like me, who only has experience in precious metals, and my 401k, what's the best way to perform due diligence on Agora?
Sure! There's this brand new website with kind of a funny name that seems to be very useful. If I remember correctly, it's called "Google" or something like that. You might want to try it.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:45 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have been a subscribing customer of Agora Financial since early 2007. The editors are Libertarian in economic and political thought which can lead to non-Libertarians perceiving thier views as extreme. I have found all of their commentary (free information services) as uncomfortable in bluntness and outlook, but invariably borne out by the world economy within 24 months. The financial advice offered with their paid subscriptions has been outstanding. They offer a huge array of services to meet whatever your investing goals/risk apetite is and that can make chosing a specific service difficult. I have concentrated on using one of their options trading advisories and it has been very educational as well as profitable. No one is going to twist your arm to join any of Agora's services, but the few services I follow regularly are authored by very competent people. I definately believe that this is one of those situations where you get what you pay for. You just have to learn how to manage your own flaws and limitations as an investor.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:40 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I've pointed this site out in the Stansbury thread. They're actually loaded with good information about financial newsletters. Here is the link to their Agora Financial review:

http://greenlaserreviews.com/2010/12...ancial-review/

The guy who runs the site (Greenlaserreviews.com) was an executive at Agora... and a pissed off one at that. Good reading too!

Old 01-24-2011, 10:53 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invest54 View Post
I've pointed this site out in the Stansbury thread. They're actually loaded with good information about financial newsletters. Here is the link to their Agora Financial review:

The guy who runs the site (Greenlaserreviews.com) was an executive at Agora... and a pissed off one at that. Good reading too!
Wow, thanks. I'd just about given up on finding anything useful here... nice link!

So they aren't scammy, just sketchy. Good to know.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:25 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invest54 View Post

Wow, I wanted to get in touch with the pissed off guy but could not fine him the site is closed!

Old 07-15-2011, 04:23 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This has to be the slickest scam online. They can't write a sentence without trying to sell you something. Sign up for 1 promotion and you will be bombarded with offers. You can watch one of their videos which can last an hour only to find out that it is another opportunity of a lifetime. All of them are opportunities of a lifetime.
Their last one today touting HSI the so called Health Sciences Institute whis has been ripping of people for years.

If you hear about Agora or HSI or anything they are trying to sell ..
run as fast as you can.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I wanted to address this thread as an employee of Agora Financial. AF offers paid newsletter services dedicated to financial well-being. Newsletters contain political and economic commentary as well as investment strategies/recommendations. The editors who publish these newsletters are widely-recognized financial analysts and economic forecasters, who have appeared on Fox Business News, CNBC, Bloomberg and other networks. Additionally, we've been cited in the Financial Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, The Guardian, and elsewhere.

Agora Financial stands behind its products and welcomes subscribers or potential subscribers to contact our customer service team at any time: 800-708-1020.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

they're warmongers and they state their opinions as "historical facts". This alone in my eyes make them dodgy. I found them on DailyReckoning which disappointed me as dailyreckoning have always been antiwar and level headed.
Agora Financial claims Iran is about to attack all of it's neighbours just because they're Sunni Muslims! And this will make oil prices shot up to 200+ dollars. Like as if USA is going to sit by and watch that happen. Like as if the idiots in charge of Iran are so stupid that they've already forgotten what happened to Saddam Hussain.
Besides has the Iranian government not been struggling with its dissidents for the past 2 years? That's before this whole Arab uprising in the Arabian countries started. Their public would not support such a war, beside the fact that Iran's military equipments are even older than Gaddafi's due to 30+ years of sanctions. How many days did he manage to stay in charge of his country!? and he wasn't even fighting against another state's trained arm!
Also at no time in the Persian history I have found evidence of the Persians attacking one of their neighbours without being attacked first!

Now regarding all the Sunni v Shia clashes in the Sunni states (by the way, sunni & Shia's mix freely in Iran and can marry each other, whereas in Saudi it's not allowed)...these clashes have all roots in the fact that the ruling Sunnis in those states have been grossly discriminating against their Shia population. Just in Bahrain recently over a dozen doctors were arrested & tortured and got 3-15+ years jail sentences (google it!). Did you hear about those sentences in the mainstream media in USA!? even BBC had a tiny article in its back pages. Why? US's 5th largest military base is in Bahrain. Ok Iran might have been giving the dissidents some financial support but to stay that it's going to invade its neighbours and block the strait of Hormuz is just loony...with what army or warship!??

Old 10-07-2011, 02:26 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFRep1981 View Post
The editors who publish these newsletters are widely-recognized financial analysts and economic forecasters, who have appeared on Fox Business News, CNBC, Bloomberg and other networks. Additionally, we've been cited in the Financial Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, The Guardian, and elsewhere.
But in almost all of their newsletters they keep banging on how stupid and corrupt main media and specially Wall Street is! (mind you in my opinion rightly so)
My point is if I was hailed a genius by someone who I considered an illiterate mentally challenged being, can I still quote him as supporting proof that I'm a genius??

Last edited by ignorancekills : 10-07-2011 at 02:32 PM.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:36 PM
I am new at Scam.com

any body see this?
This Unexpected New Boom is Already Minting Billionaires...

Click here for full details on how it will change your lifeóand when (see below)

http://agorafinancial.com/reports/OS...BPhC7UB8htx97N

It has stalled in the middle of it, so I can't even finish it. It was sent out in an email from Bottom Line Secrets, which is another "entice you to buy more and more publications" type of outfit,