report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Newbie Member

Information Brokerage Services--Need Info

Hi all--Like most of you, I'm looking for a legit way to make a decent income from home. I received materials today from Information Brokerage Services, Inc. I researched a lot on the 'net and can't find anything awful about this company. BBB gives them an A-. I can't find a bad report on ripoffreport.com, either.

A "William Bradford" has signed the letter. Essentially, this company is offering a free way, after the return of an initial deposit of $76.95, to get into the biweekly mortgage payment business, designed to save substantial amounts on customers' mortgages. It looks like there is real, legit money to be made here, and I'm thinking seriously of hunkering down and sending the deposit in a few weeks, and giving this a go. The letter says we'll be shown ways for free advertising, and a website will be provided, etc.

I read a lot of the older posts (on here) about this company, and I'm wondering what you folks think now. I think it's a very good sign that the BBB gave them a good rating.

I'd appreciate anybody who has recent knowledge about this opportunity to share it. Like you, I can't afford to get ripped off, but I can't afford to miss any legit business opportunities, either. God bless.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:00 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: Information Brokerage Services--Need Info

if it was a way to make lots of money he would be really busy doing it instead of trying to sell it to you for $80. it's not a secret - for accounts where interst is calculated daily, moke payments more often will save interest charges. apparently this guy wants to charge you to sell the secret that isn't a secret?

the secret is: if he can get 1000 fools to send him $80 that's $80,000 in his pocket. yes, it a way to make money, for him, not you.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Newbie Member

Yes, I'm aware that biweekly payments pay down a loan faster. Of course, it's no secret, but people don't always think, and sometimes may not consider making multiple payments.

At any rate, I'm still researching this and other opportunities. Surely there's something out there legit.

I do wonder, though, how this company has an A- rating with the BBB. That surprised me.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:00 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Quote:
The letter says we'll be shown ways for free advertising, and a website will be provided, etc.
Sounds like they tell you post little ads and spam forums with links to your website. When no one clicks on your link to see your website, they will tell you to buy google adwords and pay for advertising to drive traffic to your site. Up-sells, pricey add-ons, premiums packages, mentoring, advice and 'buying leads' will be touted as essential costs to get your website to make you money.

The website will be just like hundreds or thousands of other affiliate's sites, all not making money for the affiliate.

Yes, telling people about making a half mortgage payment ever other week instead of paying monthly is a good idea. Most mortgage company already offer that service.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 04-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Newbie Member

Thanks, Meri Widow; that does put a different light on it. I think I'll keep looking.

Does anybody have ideas on real work at home programs? Just about everything either seems like a scam or turns out that way under examination. Something has to be real somewhere.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:53 PM
I am new at Scam.com

GospelSongbird HERES A LEGIT BUSINESS

GospelSongbird hi
there is a legit business you can make money with,
i have done it and have made so far $45,000
i sent out 125,000 emails and 1000 response sign up for this business
the business is free, zero out of pocket
here is the website
a link was here
i found this by mistake and it has paid off
good luck

Last edited by Meri Widow : 10-28-2010 at 04:45 PM. Reason: affiliant links go in siggy line

Old 11-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Newbie Member

Hi Gospelsongbird..

Wondering.. did you ever join IBS and if so, how is it going.. worth it? ? I've received the info a few times the last few years, and just received it again this week (from Bradford.. but I think it had been signed by another individual in the previous sales letters?). I'm thinking of sending for it also. I know people can do their own mortgage acceleration (I send extra principle with every mortgage payment on my current house), but I know a lot of people do not have the discipline to do it consistantly every single month, which is why I think this could be a good program. Especially since the payment coincide with how a lot of people are paid (twice a month). Also, in doing a few searches on bi-weekly mort. programs, seems banks and other services do charge a lot to set it up, plus the fees. Thanks for any info you can provide!

Team BeachBody - There is NO other business out there like it!
www.pushplay2succeed.com
www.earnwithustoday.com
3 Min. 24/7 Overview: (760) 406-9309