report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Government Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Silver Member

Re: Social Security

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexx View Post
the fix dont have to be ugly!? just eliminate anyone over 200,000 from receiving any bebefits!? that and raise retirement age to 75!? there you go!? NEXT!?

So your "fix" for a failing ponzi scam, would be to increase the ponzi-ness of it (if I am allowed to make up a word) - by just stealing the money off a segment of society and telling them they have no right to expect a penny of it back?

Old 04-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJefferson
Imagine the outcry of people like Barbie if she was told her and her family would only be able to collect if the age were properly adjusted.

They'd become apoplectic.
. . . . and the outcry of Libertarians when they think about the federal government helping people.

They become apoplectic.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Most Valued Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJefferson View Post
So your "fix" for a failing ponzi scam, would be to increase the ponzi-ness of it (if I am allowed to make up a word) - by just stealing the money off a segment of society and telling them they have no right to expect a penny of it back?
just a stab fool!? can i get your robe and slippers dear!? what else do you want me to do!? and remember, you dont get anything back from car insurance!? this is social insurance!? NOT RETIREMENT MONEY!? you and your details!? here, try this!?

The Solution to the Social Security problem:

For the Social Security Trust fund to remain solvent there has to be recognition that the rules of the game must be changed.. So far Republicans have misfired on the notion that private savings accounts will somehow make the system solvent again.

But everyone with any knowledge on the subject knows this is not true. Democrats for their part wonít put forth any program and are happy to watch Republicans fight over private accounts. This is one Republican who is not afraid to confront the situation and call for changes that would in the long run, solve the problem. First, no one presently over 55 faces any change in anything. The trust fund is quite capable of paying at least through 2027, before the red ink even begins to accumulate.

A combination of three elements needs to be addressed to solve the problem; one what to do about the present cap of ninety thousand dollars upon which social security taxes are paid, the payroll tax; two the issue of the age of retirement and the increasing longevity of the American worker. And three, the issue of means testing. Rather than an up or down vote on each of these, which is the current limited thinking in both parties, Republicans rejecting means testing and raising the payroll tax threshold, and Democrats rejecting any notion of raising the retirement age because many of their workers are blue collar and therefore work with their hands and in more strenuous physical activities why don;t we simply think about how we get to solvency with a gradual an incremental change in all of these which by the time the trust fund is supposed to be in deep trouble around 2042 the problem will be ameliorated in such a way that no one group will have to bear any undue financial burden.

For example, with regard to the payroll tax threshold, Letís raise it to 150,000 from 90,000 with the caveat that over the next 10 years it goes up 6,000 per year with the rate of taxes paid on the increases going up marginally as well year by year for the same ten years. Thatís the equivalent of indexing for inflation and with rising wages the people who end up in ten years paying payroll taxes on 150,000 will be in no worse financial shape than those paying on the first 90,000 today.

Next, those people who have over 200,000 a year in either non taxable earnings like municipal bond income, or other interests that nets out to 200,000 per year after taxes have to give up part of their social security benefits, but not all of them according to a formula which reduces the benefits by 10% for each 50,000 in income over the 200,000 threshold, and again this is fased in over the same 10 year period as the payroll tax so that inflation indexing covers a large part of the increase and so that current recipients and those retiring in the next ten years are only minimally affected.

Finally the retirement age should be increased over a 20 year period from 65 to 67. With the technological advances being made to make manual laborers jobs easier and the increases in longevity, there is no reason to believe that those who are in their forties wonít be able to work an additional two years when they are in their 60's. And that increase should not start until the year 2010 resulting in approximately a month a year.

Now let the Congressional Budget Office run those numbers and see how close we get to making the system solvent. Iím sure the members of the Congress on both sides of the aisles, can tinkering around with the percentages, the years and the dollars if we are still in trouble. But to deny there is a problem is shortsided, and to say there is a crisis is misleading. Republicans and Democrats have a responsibility to deal with the issues so that future generations donít get hit with enormous deficits and massive tax increases to solve a problem when there is this much lead time and this much flexibility

and remember, if you die before you need it, the dead DONT CARE about money!? as far as i know, but in your case, maybe we can make an exception!?

Old 04-13-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Its only forced on people who want to drive on Government roads.

Ranchers, farmers, large property holders are under no obligation to insure vehicles that never leave their property.

maybe you should stay on the ranch, your ancestors handed down, that got it by puttin a gun in the injuns face!? it's probably the size of texas, so you got your own little world to drive around in and dream!? nobody can touch me!? i'm king of my domain!? aint america a great country!?

Old 04-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexx View Post
and remember, you dont get anything back from car insurance!?
again with the car insurance?

you are slowly becoming a poster worth skipping over.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
again with the car insurance?

you are slowly becoming a poster worth skipping over.
the feeling is MUTUAL!? you offer nothing of SUBSTANCE!?

Old 04-14-2010, 03:15 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie Zirconia View Post
. . . . and the outcry of Libertarians when they think about the federal government helping people.

They become apoplectic.
How much per month did FICA steal from your bother-in-law, and had he the wisdom to do so, would your sister be far better off had he taken that money and purchased a term life insurance policy?

A half a million dollar policy can be had for less than 50 dollars a month. Let me know when she collects that amount from SS.

What could they have done with the leftover money?

It's not the Federal Government helping people that causes libertarians disgust, its the theft, and systems that by design keep people dependent on Government that does it.

Old 04-15-2010, 05:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
How much per month did FICA steal from your bother-in-law, and had he the wisdom to do so, would your sister be far better off had he taken that money and purchased a term life insurance policy?

A half a million dollar policy can be had for less than 50 dollars a month. Let me know when she collects that amount from SS.
Nice try, Mr. Jefferson.

Here's what Social Security says about it:

"In fact, the value of the survivors insurance you have under Social Security is probably more than the value of your current life insurance. And you thought Social Security was just for retirement!"

Quote:
It's not the Federal Government helping people that causes libertarians disgust, its the theft, and systems that by design keep people dependent on Government that does it.
The theft?

When you pay your taxes, you're paying for national defense, public scientific research, education, unemployment insurance, highways, airports, national parks . . . etc.

This isn't theft. You're paying for very important functions and services that are provided for by the government.

I feel proud that I pay my taxes. Look what I get for it.

By attacking taxation, it is the Libertarians who are promoting theft. Why should people get these things for free?

Old 04-21-2010, 03:30 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie Zirconia View Post
Nice try, Mr. Jefferson.

Here's what Social Security says about it:

"In fact, the value of the survivors insurance you have under Social Security is probably more than the value of your current life insurance. And you thought Social Security was just for retirement!"

The theft?

When you pay your taxes, you're paying for national defense, public scientific research, education, unemployment insurance, highways, airports, national parks . . . etc.

This isn't theft. You're paying for very important functions and services that are provided for by the government.

I feel proud that I pay my taxes. Look what I get for it.

By attacking taxation, it is the Libertarians who are promoting theft. Why should people get these things for free?
You mean the Social Security Administration defends it own program ? !

shocking

and Yes I mean theft.

Neither you nor I can avoid FICA - which in theory does not pay for any of the things you mentioned above.

That is unless "democrats" decide to ""borrow"" from the mythical ponzi-scheme-created Lock Box

Its pure theft.

And perhaps we should look at just how this scam was created in the first place. It was hardly uncontroversial.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:53 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwil View Post

Can you spell NIMBY?

I can spell 'nonsense' which is what you mostly post.

Tea party leaders say they would Ďabsolutelyí abolish Social Security.

As many observers have noted, tea party fervor has infected the modern Republican Party. The Republican Budget Road Map, championed by Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) and a growing number of GOP lawmakers, would appease the tea parties by slashing entitlement programs like Medicare and Social Security through cuts and privatization. Unfortunately, King did not discuss the billionaire-backers of the tea parties, like David Koch, who similarly wants to do away with Social Security.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
That is unless "democrats" decide to ""borrow"" from the mythical ponzi-scheme-created Lock Box
The U.S. Treasury already owes Social Security $2.5 trillion dollars.

It's been borrowing the money from Social Security for decades.

But I don't see what this has to do with the democrats. Care to explain that one for us?

Quote:
Its pure theft.
Since you'll be getting all of your money back from Social Security, how is that theft?

Unless you're complaining that it's theft because you're forced to pay it . . . but then, you're forced to pay your other taxes as well, not just payroll taxes. Is that theft too?

Old 04-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Silver Member

There is a guarantee that I will be getting all of the money I paid into Social Security back?

Good grief that's idiotic.

Nothing of the sort exists.

Old 04-22-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
There is a guarantee that I will be getting all of the money I paid into Social Security back?

is there any guarantee the sun will come up tomorrow!? and dont forget the old standard, "what do ya know,fer sure" !?

Old 04-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:

Why would you not get your money back?

Do you think Social Security will suddenly end the moment you retire?

Old 02-10-2011, 05:24 AM
Newbie Member

I have read what everyone has said and I am not surprised at all to see all of this as I work privately with investors who have very large sums of money held in the Private Wealth Division of Wells Fargo and here's something to read and think about that happens with all banks and I mean all banks! If you are not in the private financial industry this may not make any senses to you but stop and think about this because the US authorities is now cracking down on everyone who has found ways to make millions of dollars the legal way and the government is pissed about it and calling everyone fraudulant.

Read carefully below:

Investors who have hundreds of millions of dollar at any major bank such as Wells Fargo have found a better way for those large investors to make a higher return on their money then what a bank will offer them, they simply rent/lease their funds/money to a company or person who needs to show large funds on their company ledger in order for them to do commodity/commercial deals worldwide, this is called a lease proof of funds (POF) and the investor will lease/rent their funds to the company/person for a period of 60 days at a time and charge anywhere from 2% up to 10% of the amount that the company/person is needing to show on their ledger. And what makes this safe to the investor is that the investor would allow a sub-account or non-depleating account to be opened under the investors main account, also called their master account and this keeps the investors money in their total control but now allows the company/person who leased/rented the money from the investor to now have an account with their name on it with let's say $100 Million Dollars in it. And now this will allow the company/person to show that they have the credibility now to support whatever transaction/deal that they are trying to close or get into to.

Let me show you an example of what I mean. Let's say an oil company has a buyer that has come to buy a large amount of oil from them but they do not have that oil in their own port/holdings the selling company would need to go to a large refinery and order the oil that the buyer has asked for but the seller must show that they have enough money to support their order. Now, the buyer is paying the seller more so this means, the buyer is buying at retail and the seller would get the wholesale price and flip the sale directly to the buyer thus making the profit but if the seller doesn't have enough funds in their account to show that they can afford the order then they would not be able to make the transaction happen at all and thus losing a large profit. Now the buyer has already showed and proved to the seller that they have all the funds to buy the oil so in order for the selling oil company to make a profit they will do what is called a flip sale and now is when they look to lease/rent money from a large investor because they can lease/rent the funds that they need to show the refinery that they can support their order. The refinery normally allows 7 days once the oil has been order to be transported to the final place and also payment. Thus making money now for the investor, the seller and the refinery and now transaction has been completed and money is now made and companies stay in business longer.

Now it's get's better, the government is telling the world that all leased/rented funds also known as proof of funds (POF) are all scams and fraudulant but as you can see above it is a way for the wealthy people to make fast and higher return on their money that is sitting at a bank and they make alot more in those 60 days then any bank would offer them and this allowed a smaller company to start growing but the government doesn't like the fact that all investors normally has a third party also known as an intermediary to do the transaction for them because no large investor has the time nor wants to deal direct with the general public. The intermediary get's paid a commission for these deals and now the government is taking all these intermediaries down and calling them all fraudulant and scammers because they have found a way to work for themselves with large private investors. The government agencies do not like people who are smarter then them or who makes more then them and until the world understands that these are everyday people who are working to make a paycheck, the world will only see everything as a scam instead of seeing the facts with reasons behind the transactions. After all you can do research and see that many attorney's now have given up their practice and have become an intermediary to these type of transactions/deals.

Now what makes this bad with banks is that if someone becomes under an SEC, SS, or FBI investigation, all the banks play stupid and run for the hills and tell the government agencies that these type of accounts (leased/rented accounts) are not real but they are done everyday in the Private Wealth Department of all banks! So, my advise to people who only listen to the news is to do some serious due diligence on when you see that while you sleep that the United States, Government Agencies and Banks are making hundreds of millions of dollars on your money that is sitting in your account as well as they make money by trading your social security number on the international market thus helping to create more bank notes for them to sell to the international world and that my friends is how we got into this mess. The governments love when babies are born as this now gives a new social security number to have a bank note created for and on.

My fellow American's please start looking at what goes on behind the banking world because until you understand how money is really made you will see nothing but what reporters report and that is everything and everyone including all investments in the world must be a scam to all American's because we can now be fooled very easy as our ears and eyes have been trained to only believe what is reported and that is what we have all done. If you would research the international trading market, the stock exchange and the private wealth world on how money is really created, you will soon see that thousands of people have been charged with guilt by a jury of it's peers only because they have been programed to believe that everything is fake!