report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Platinum Member

Prosperity Central -- Another MLM Marketing Scam

http://www.prosperitycentral.com/index?page=index

Explode your business, my butt!!! The well known scammers go through boatlodas of these programs. The heavy hitters can make money by just dragging their whole teams into this ridiculous deal! Another way for the top goons to profit at the expense of their warm marks!

Soapboxmom

Old 04-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Prosperity Central -- Another MLM Marketing Sc

Are you ready to take your business to the next level?

Are you ready to take your business to the next level?
Never before has one tool done so much to help you make more money. And it works with any company, any opportunity, any team or individual. Prosperity Central makes massive action with minimal effort possible through the most cutting edge lead generation, presentation, recruitment, team building, and back-office tools available. It will, quite simply, change the way you build your business. Get ready to experience the difference for yourself…
-------------------------------------
And, this of course will mean 98% of MLmers won't lose money, no doubt! We will be watching for the testimonials so we can check some math!

Soapboxmom

Old 04-26-2010, 12:01 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I couldn't disagree more .

People pay $25/month just for an autoresponder.

This includes an autoresponder plus a contact manager, landing pages, videos, a marketing site, my own domain, tracking, toll free recording and voice mail, training and a lot more.

What about this makes you think scam?

Old 04-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

No owner's name or physical street address for where ever the owner or owners are really located.

Contact phone numbers are buried in 'Contact US' link at the bottom of the page:
Quote:
Our sales team is ready to answer any of your questions! We offer a variety of ways to get in touch:
Then they list a phone number and email address, that is 2 ways to contact them, 2 does not make a 'variety'.

Clicking on the 'Disclaimer' actually brings up the 'Privacy Statement' and 'Income Disclaimer' both are rather honest:
Quote:
Prosperity Central will only share the personal data you provide with other Prosperity Central entities and/or business partners who are acting on Prosperity Central's behalf to provide you services.
Ah, yes, up-sells, add-ons, additional services you need to make the entire program work to best advantage.

The 'Income Disclaimer' says:
Quote:
here can be no assurance that the prior success of these people can be used as an indication of your future success
And:
Quote:
Prosperity Central cannot guarantee that you will achieve these levels of income.
Sounds like they know that you won't make any money doing what they say.

'About Us' does not mention who they are, just gives an address:
Quote:
27702 Crown Valley Parkway, Suite #D-4 #127
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
Which is the address of AIM Mail Center in a strip mall, #127 must be a personal mail box at that location.

There is a gold circle touting the "100% Money Back Guarantee" but no mention of what the requirements are or what the process is to get your money back.

@emmalemon
All of that is what makes me lean towards scam.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 06-04-2010, 11:32 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Your "leaning" is incredibly unfair and unfounded...

You should also be ashamed of yourself for calling scam on something you obviously haven't used -- and don't understand.

(What is everyone's obsession with calling everything a scam... with absolutely no personal experience whatsoever?)

Besides, I don't understand how you can you call a SERVICE a scam. Prosperity Central isn't an opportunity... it's a TOOL that anyone can use with whatever opportunity THEY decide to promote.

It's an autoresponder, it's toll free voicemail, it's a contact manager, marketing site and a lot of other tools people rely on to build their business.

I love how you pick apart the whole site, yet fail to mention the fact that they have a great rating with the BBB.

As for the income disclaimer, that's a boilerplate disclaimer that you have to have. NO ONE can guarantee income will be made. This doesn't mean "they know that you won't make any money doing what they say."

I can understand your desire to warn people of actual scams -- really I do.

But to go through a website and say two methods of contacting isn't enough, having an income disclaimer must mean they know you won't make money, etc. is just really not right.

You should be basing your opinions on your experiences, not on your "leanings."

Old 06-05-2010, 07:58 AM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalemon View Post
Your "leaning" is incredibly unfair and unfounded...

You should also be ashamed of yourself for calling scam on something you obviously haven't used -- and don't understand.

(What is everyone's obsession with calling everything a scam... with absolutely no personal experience whatsoever?)

Besides, I don't understand how you can you call a SERVICE a scam. Prosperity Central isn't an opportunity... it's a TOOL that anyone can use with whatever opportunity THEY decide to promote.

It's an autoresponder, it's toll free voicemail, it's a contact manager, marketing site and a lot of other tools people rely on to build their business.

I love how you pick apart the whole site, yet fail to mention the fact that they have a great rating with the BBB.

As for the income disclaimer, that's a boilerplate disclaimer that you have to have. NO ONE can guarantee income will be made. This doesn't mean "they know that you won't make any money doing what they say."

I can understand your desire to warn people of actual scams -- really I do.

But to go through a website and say two methods of contacting isn't enough, having an income disclaimer must mean they know you won't make money, etc. is just really not right.

It's the OP's fault.

She (SBM) thinks that anything associated with MLM is a scam.

WRONG.

Obviously, to most, but her & her kind.

They're called Anti-MLM Zealots. Don't bother them with any facts.

Beware.

Kerry
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Old 06-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalemon View Post
I don't understand how you can you call a SERVICE a scam.
So, ALL "services" are by definition legal and ethical and legitimate, is that what you're saying?!

Old 06-05-2010, 12:35 PM

@emmalemon
Quote:
Where did a previous poster make that statement?
How can you defend something you obviously haven't used -- and can't explain?
Quote:
What is everyone's obsession with calling everything a scam... with absolutely no personal experience whatsoever?
What is your obsession with calling everything legit...with absolutely no personal experience whatsoever?
Quote:
Besides, I don't understand how you can you call a SERVICE a scam.

Quote:
What specifically are those 'other tools'?

Quote:
As for the income disclaimer, that's a boilerplate disclaimer that you have to have.
Only certain types of sites have to have that disclaimer.

Quote:
But to go through a website and say two methods of contacting isn't enough
That is not what I said, this is what I said:

Quote:
Our sales team is ready to answer any of your questions! We offer a variety of ways to get in touch:
Quote:
Then they list a phone number and email address, that is 2 ways to contact them, 2 does not make a 'variety'.
I was pointing out that the site claimed a "VARIETY OF WAYS", yet listed a mere 2 ways, one email and one phone number. Not even several emails or a couple of phone numbers, just one, singular, one of each.

I also pointed out that the site was misleading in that they are implying that they have an office in a building by using the address of:
Quote:
27702 Crown Valley Parkway, Suite #D-4 #127
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
Which is NOT a business building with suites, it is a strip mall with mailing center that rents personal mail boxes. If that site wanted to be honest about it, they would have stated their address is a private/personal mail box not pretend they have an office. If a company is going to be misleading about something as simple as a mail box address, some people might wonder what else are they misleading about?
Quote:
Does that mean you will be taking your own advice and only base your opinions on your experience and not on your "leanings"?

Old 06-05-2010, 01:46 PM
Newbie Member

Contact Us

Customer Support

If you have a support question, please contact us:Billing

Trying to reach our billing department? We can be reached:
  • By Email: billing@prosperitycentral.com
  • By Phone: 1(888) 276-0932 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1(888) 276-0932 end_of_the_skype_highlighting (We’re here from 9 am to 4 pm, Pacific time.)
Sales

• By Phone: 1(888) 532-6878 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 1(888) 532-6878 end_of_the_skype_highlighting (We’re here from 9 am to 5 pm, Pacific time.)
  • By Email: sales@prosperitycentral.com

I see 3 email addresses and 2 phone numbers. Surely that constitutes a "variety."

The company that runs this system has created systems for a number of different companies ...

They offer tremendous value for FREE ... and even more value for a monthly fee.

There is also a support area in the back office for emailing support.

Responses are received promptly.

I've spoken on the phone with one of the owners.

I know many, many people who have used their systems with various companies and am unaware of any billing or other complaints.

Their other systems are company-specific. This one is generic with an affiliate program attached.

I personally never recommend the monthly fee on these systems unless at least one of two criteria is met:

(a) The distributor is in profit or
(b) The distributor has plenty of discretionary funds to build a business and will in no way be harmed by the monthly fee (which can be easily cancelled at any time)

The larger package includes web conferencing, toll-free number, conference bridge, video and audio creators, it's customizable with the ability to share training with your team, autoresponders, tracking of clicks on autoresponders, multiple lead-capture pages some of which are customizable ... and on and on and on ...

Anyone who is purchasing those things separately would be well served to purchase the larger package. I have the larger package from the same company via one of their company-specific systems and have had zero issues with the company or the system.

I hope this puts to rest any thought that this is a scam.

Can we move on, folks?

Old 06-05-2010, 02:09 PM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meri Widow View Post
@emmalemon
How can you defend something you obviously haven't used -- and can't explain?
What is your obsession with calling everything legit...with absolutely no personal experience whatsoever?

What specifically are those 'other tools'?

Only certain types of sites have to have that disclaimer.

That is not what I said, this is what I said:

I was pointing out that the site claimed a "VARIETY OF WAYS", yet listed a mere 2 ways, one email and one phone number. Not even several emails or a couple of phone numbers, just one, singular, one of each.

I also pointed out that the site was misleading in that they are implying that they have an office in a building by using the address of:
Which is NOT a business building with suites, it is a strip mall with mailing center that rents personal mail boxes. If that site wanted to be honest about it, they would have stated their address is a private/personal mail box not pretend they have an office. If a company is going to be misleading about something as simple as a mail box address, some people might wonder what else are they misleading about?
Does that mean you will be taking your own advice and only base your opinions on your experience and not on your "leanings"?
Sorry, Meri Widow, I think you're nit-picking, looking for a scam where there isn't one, really. Same with SoapBoxMom,(which isn't surprising one bit!)

I see NOTHING "scammy" about it. It looks like a legit service for MLMr's and DS people.

Your issues with it regards to the income disclaimer & address etc? Those same examples can be found all over the net with many legitimate companies. Those aren't clear indications of a scam at all!

Three email addresses and a phone number is a variety of ways to reach out, isn't it?

Aslo the 888 prefix is not Skype prefix, it's a toll free prefix, like 800, 877, or 866. CLICK HERE

Apply your "scam" criteria to Herbalife's website ( CLICK HERE ). Is it a scam too? Because they have a PO Box listed for contacting them and a disclaimer further on!?

I don't think so!

I myself would have to dig much further, and find something much more "incriminating", to be able to play the scam card with a clear conscience, with Prosperity Central. JMO

Dig further, & if you do find something more worthy of PC being called a scam, please let us know. I think you're wasting your time as it's a service. It either delivers on it's claims of being a worthy tool or it doesn't. If it doesn't deliver or work properly, THEN it's a scam.

Kerry
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Old 06-05-2010, 02:21 PM

As you clearly read, since you cut-n-pasted the entire pop up, the statement of:
Quote:
Occurs AFTER the other 2 email addresses and 1 phone number but BEFORE just one phone number and email address.

The statement about "VARITEY OF WAYS" is only about getting in touch with the the sales team NOT the Customer Support or Billing.

Quote:
The company that runs this system has created systems for a number of different companies ...
Good, please post up the websites of a number of different companies.

Quote:
I've spoken on the phone with one of the owners.
And that person's full name is?

Quote:
I know many, many people who have used their systems with various companies and am unaware of any billing or other complaints
Think some of us here will wait for those many, many people to come on here and defend this system/company/website and answer questions.

Quote:
I personally never recommend the monthly fee on these systems unless at least one of two criteria is met:

(a) The distributor is in profit or
(b) The distributor has plenty of discretionary funds to build a business and will in no way be harmed by the monthly fee (which can be easily cancelled at any time)
And the cancellation policy is posted where on that site?

Quote:
Their other systems are company-specific.
And those company-specific systems can be read about where?

Old 06-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Newbie Member

You can cancel at any time with the click of a mouse in the back office.

http://www.prosperitycentral.com/ind...e=how-it-works

There are a variety of ways to get in touch with these people ... that's very clear, including within the back office ... responses are prompt.

Here's a list of what you get ... and even the basic FREE package is fantastic ...

http://www.prosperitycentral.com/index?page=comparison

I'm sure as you continue to drive traffic to Prosperity Central, our readers will understand that this is a valuable business-building service available to them absolutely FREE of charge ... If they choose the monthly fee, they can easily refer the system to a few people and earn a cheque to cover their costs.

You can continue the conversation ... This was my last post on the topic ...

I'm sure Prosperity Central is thrilled at this thread ... Anyone googling them will find a great system absolutely FREE of charge and which can be customized to any business.

C'mon, folks ... There are plenty of real scams out there ... Why waste your time trying to create a scam out of a free or reasonably priced business building tool?

Old 06-06-2010, 09:02 AM

@ohein56
Quote:
I think you're nit-picking, looking for a scam where there isn't one, really.
You could be right, only time will tell if this program/company/website is a scam or not.

Quote:
Your issues with it regards to the income disclaimer & address etc? Those same examples can be found all over the net with many legitimate companies. Those aren't clear indications of a scam at all!
Never said that they were clear indications. Pretending the mailing address is a suite# when it is in reality a rented mailbox, some might wonder what else are they taking liberties describing.

Quote:
Aslo the 888 prefix is not Skype prefix, it's a toll free prefix, like 800, 877, or 866.
Never said it was, WendyD posted about the phone numbers and didn't remove the formatting mentioning the word skype.

Quote:
Apply your "scam" criteria to Herbalife's website ( CLICK HERE ). Is it a scam too? Because they have a PO Box listed for contacting them and a disclaimer further on!?
Whether or not Herbalife is a scam is being debated elsewhere. That Herbalife site clearly states a PO Box, they are not pretending the mailing address is a building with suite numbers as Prosperity Central is. Herbalife is being honest about the mailing address, they clearly state a PO Box, someone mailing to that address knows exactly where that letter is going, the post office. Someone mailing to Prosperity Central is thinking their letter is going to an office building with suites, when in reality it is going to a private/personal mailbox. A mailbox that as long as the owner pays the bill, no one has to ever pick up the mail there.

Quote:
It either delivers on it's claims of being a worthy tool or it doesn't. If it doesn't deliver or work properly, THEN it's a scam.
True, Prosperity Central will either deliver it's claims of being a worthy tool or not. People with post here defending it or decrying it. Potential buyers of this service can come here before or after making a purchase, read these post and make their own decisions. They can either agree or disagree, that is what scam dot com is all about.

@WendyD
You answered one of then four points brought up.