report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Preserve. Protect. Defend.

Filth: Put Democracy On Hold For Climate Shakedown

LOL...these fucking animals. Lets just keep 'em talkin'!

British scientist: Maybe we need to put democracy “on hold” to deal with climate change
posted at 5:23 pm on March 29, 2010 by Allahpundit
Share on Facebook | printer-friendly

It’s been awhile since we had a good “global-warming alarmist advocates horrifying authoritarian solution” story on the site, hasn’t it? The last one, I think, was that Canadian columnist’s love letter to Chinese population control back in December. Come to think of it, we haven’t had much juicy atheist content or police taser viral videos lately, either.

Thank goodness for Sarahcuda. Without her, this blog would be unrecognizable.

Humans are too stupid to prevent climate change from radically impacting on our lives over the coming decades. This is the stark conclusion of James Lovelock, the globally respected environmental thinker and independent scientist who developed the Gaia theory.

It follows a tumultuous few months in which public opinion on efforts to tackle climate change has been undermined by events such as the climate scientists’ emails leaked from the University of East Anglia (UEA) and the failure of the Copenhagen climate summit.

“I don’t think we’re yet evolved to the point where we’re clever enough to handle a complex a situation as climate change,” said Lovelock in his first in-depth interview since the theft of the UEA emails last November. “The inertia of humans is so huge that you can’t really do anything meaningful.”

One of the main obstructions to meaningful action is “modern democracy”, he added. “Even the best democracies agree that when a major war approaches, democracy must be put on hold for the time being. I have a feeling that climate change may be an issue as severe as a war. It may be necessary to put democracy on hold for a while.”

I was unaware that the “best democracies” agreed on that — America managed to hold an election during World War II — but if leading greens want to push this talking point, I’m happy to call it to the attention of the stupid, unevolved, voting public. Oh, here’s some related news for your pea brain: Turns out the feared slowdown in the Gulf stream due to global warming isn’t happening after all. Like the man says, it’s very complex. Just trust him.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/03/2...limate-change/

Make Your Heart As Big as Your Dreams
Is your future secured?
Do you have all the money you need?
Do you have a plan to achieve your financial goals?
Would you like to see one?
thinkdreamcreate@gmail.com
Think big. Dream big. Create a better world.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:56 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: Filth: Put Democracy On Hold For Climate Shake

. This hotair.com article show exactly how to turn the interesting philosophical thoughts of a 90 year old scientist (yes, 90 year old) into politically motivated hatred for science.

Laugh out loud idiotic.

Oh, and Lovelock isnt anything to do with the climate scientists involved in the UEA emails, he is disgusted by the affair.

Quote:
.... he has little sympathy for the climate scientists caught up in the UEA email scandal. He said he had not read the original emails – "I felt reluctant to pry" – but that their reported content had left him feeling "utterly disgusted".
The "hotair.com" article is piss poor. You de realise Lovelock doesnt speak for anyone except himself? Making political points out of one man's opinions - thats propaganda.

Good find pwrone! You dont post nearly enough propaganda.

Last edited by thistle : 03-30-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Diamond Member

How about we put this Mother fucker on hold...with a lead slug.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
Your welcome to come back the the science forum to discuss the facts and issues as well as the scientific evidence.

Or you can of course keep doing what you have been..... "just talk"

Who's the alarmist. The guy who puts forth imaginary situations with no evidence, or precedence. With far out and silly consequences.

Please don't use that "they do it too, so it's only fair" argument. I expect an adult like yourself to come up with something better than just talk.

You should be fully aware of the difference between an elected official with power and a 90 year old scientists OPINION PIECE.

Expecially since lovelocks original article is linked in your article and is about 8 times as long and makes it INCREDABLY CLEAR that this is his personal opinion is that the vast majority of people are too easily swayed by pointless stories and blog articles. Something you just proved.

Last edited by Spector567 : 03-30-2010 at 03:22 PM.

Old 03-30-2010, 02:53 PM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrush1966 View Post
How about we put this Mother fucker on hold...with a lead slug.
Right wing wackos: Shoot everyone we don't agree with.

That's right. Shoot a 90 year old man for daring to speak an opinion that you disagree with. Stalin would be proud.

And the fucking funniest thing of all, is that YOU are the one calling everyone else fascists. You don't have a fucking clue what that word means, do you?

Old 03-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Quote:

British scientist: Maybe we need to put democracy “on hold” to deal with climate change
posted at 5:23 pm on March 29, 2010 by Allahpundit
Share on Facebook | printer-friendly

It’s been awhile since we had a good “global-warming alarmist advocates horrifying authoritarian solution” story on the site, hasn’t it? The last one, I think, was that Canadian columnist’s love letter to Chinese population control back in December. Come to think of it, we haven’t had much juicy atheist content or police taser viral videos lately, either.

Thank goodness for Sarahcuda. Without her, this blog would be unrecognizable.

Humans are too stupid to prevent climate change from radically impacting on our lives over the coming decades. This is the stark conclusion of James Lovelock, the globally respected environmental thinker and independent scientist who developed the Gaia theory.

It follows a tumultuous few months in which public opinion on efforts to tackle climate change has been undermined by events such as the climate scientists’ emails leaked from the University of East Anglia (UEA) and the failure of the Copenhagen climate summit.

“I don’t think we’re yet evolved to the point where we’re clever enough to handle a complex a situation as climate change,” said Lovelock in his first in-depth interview since the theft of the UEA emails last November. “The inertia of humans is so huge that you can’t really do anything meaningful.”

One of the main obstructions to meaningful action is “modern democracy”, he added. “Even the best democracies agree that when a major war approaches, democracy must be put on hold for the time being. I have a feeling that climate change may be an issue as severe as a war. It may be necessary to put democracy on hold for a while.”

I was unaware that the “best democracies” agreed on that — America managed to hold an election during World War II — but if leading greens want to push this talking point, I’m happy to call it to the attention of the stupid, unevolved, voting public. Oh, here’s some related news for your pea brain: Turns out the feared slowdown in the Gulf stream due to global warming isn’t happening after all. Like the man says, it’s very complex. Just trust him.

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/03/2...limate-change/

Ok, I'l see your bullshit and raise you by Facts:

Quote:
Climate data not manipulated
British lawmakers say science sound, but want transparency

Kirsty Wigglesworth / AP
The University of East Anglia in Norwich, England, was at the center of the climate controversy.

LONDON - The first of several British investigations into the e-mails leaked from one of the world's leading climate research centers has largely vindicated the scientists involved.

The House of Commons' Science and Technology Committee said they had seen no evidence to support charges that the University of East Anglia's Climatic Research Unit or its director, Phil Jones, had tampered with data or perverted the peer review process to exaggerate the threat of global warming — two of the most serious criticisms levied against the climatologist and his colleagues.

In their report released Wednesday, the committee said that, as far as it was able to ascertain, "the scientific reputation of Professor Jones and CRU remains intact," adding that nothing in the more than 1,000 stolen e-mails, or the controversy kicked up by their publication, challenged scientific consensus that "global warming is happening and that it is induced by human activity."

The 14-member committee's investigation is one of three launched after the dissemination, in November, of e-mails and data stolen from the research unit.

The e-mails appeared to show scientists berating skeptics in sometimes intensely personal attacks, discussing ways to shield their data from public records laws, and discussing ways to keep skeptics' research out of peer-reviewed journals.

One that attracted particular media attention was Jones' reference to a "trick" that could be used to "hide the decline" of temperatures.

"Hide the decline" was not an attempt to conceal data but was scientific shorthand for discarding erroneous data, the committee concluded. Similarly, Jones intended "trick" to mean a neat way of handling evidence, rather than anything underhanded, the inquiry found.

The e-mails' publication ahead of the Copenhagen climate change summit sparked an online furor, with skeptics of manmade climate change calling the e-mails' publication "Climategate" and claiming them as proof that the science behind global warming had been exaggerated — or even made up altogether.

The lawmakers said they decided to investigate due to "the serious implications for U.K. science."

Some e-mails 'appalling' Phil Willis, the committee's chairman, said of the e-mails that "there's no denying that some of them were pretty appalling."

But the committee found no evidence of anything beyond "a blunt refusal to share data," adding that the idea that Jones was part of a conspiracy to hide evidence that weakened the case for global warming was clearly wrong.

In a briefing to journalists ahead of the report's release, Willis said the controversy would ultimately help buttress the case for global warming by forcing the University East Anglia — and other research institutions — to stop hoarding their data.

"The winner in the end will be climate science itself," he said.

The winner on Wednesday was Jones, who stepped down temporarily as chief of the climate research unit about week after the e-mail scandal broke. The committee expressed sympathy with Jones, whom Willis said had been made a scapegoat for larger problems within the climate science community.

"The focus on Professor Jones and the CRU has been largely misplaced," the report said.

But the lawmakers did criticize the way Jones and his colleagues handled freedom of information requests, saying scientists could have saved themselves a lot of trouble by aggressively publishing all their data instead of worrying about how to stonewall their critics.

"The culture of non-disclosure at CRU and instances where information may have been deleted to avoid disclosure, particularly to climate change skeptics, we felt was reprehensible," Willis told reporters.

Deeper inquiries promised
Lawmakers stressed that their report — which was written after only a single day of oral testimony — did not cover all the issues and would not be as in-depth as the two other inquiries into the e-mail scandal that are still pending and which were instigated by the University of East Anglia.

Willis said the lawmakers had been in a rush to publish something before Britain's next national election, which is widely expected in just over a month's time.

"Clearly we would have liked to spend more time of this," he said, before adding jokingly: "We had to get something out before we were sent packing."

One of the two pending inquiries is being headed by former civil servant Muir Russell, who is looking into whether scientists, including Jones, fudged data or manipulated the peer review process. It also is examining the extent to which university followed applicable freedom of information laws. That report is due to report sometime this spring.

Geologist Ernest Oxburgh is leading a parallel investigation into the integrity of the science itself, one staffed by academics including Kerry Emanuel, a professor of meteorology at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and Huw Davies, a former president of the International Association of Meteorology & Atmospheric Science.

The committee said that climate scientists had to be much more open in future — for example by publishing all their data, including raw data and the software programs used to interpret them, to the Internet. Willis said there was far too much money at stake not to be completely transparent.

"Governments across the world are spending trillions of pounds, or trillions of dollars, on mitigating climate change. The science has got to be irreproachable," he said.

The full House of Commons report.
"I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Old 03-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Banned

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=126812 (The Deniable Darwin by David Berlinski)

pwrone's view so far in the above linked thread is something like, "If I hold a bowling ball to my chest and drop it, the bowling ball will immediately fly to the right. It will not fly to the left.

(I know, strawman argument ).

Of course, all of us know that the bowling ball will fall down. And it will fall down because of gravity, this is something generally known to most people, and is known as reality. But, 'pwrone' does not grasp such concept's as reality. To 'pwrone' the ball will fall in the direction that his opinion dictates.

Old 03-31-2010, 05:30 AM

Um...I think the fucking HEADLINE pretty well summed up the content of the post, but after reading the posts of our resident cultists, I realize that ANY article with 'climate' in the title anywhere will yield a wealth of laugh-out-loud protestations having nothing to do with the OP.

Let's see: 'British scientist: Maybe we need to put democracy “on hold” to deal with climate change'

I think that is pretty accurate. Except he is 90. So...useless? Un-quoteable? Not credible? Too old to live? Yeah, we know.

I mean, it's like someone suggested that God was dead. No, that's not right.

It's like someone drew a cartoon of Mohammad.

No...

It's EXACTLY like that.

Is your future secured?

Old 03-31-2010, 06:31 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Um...I think the fucking HEADLINE pretty well summed up the content of the post, but after reading the posts of our resident cultists, I realize that ANY article with 'climate' in the title anywhere will yield a wealth of laugh-out-loud protestations having nothing to do with the OP.

Let's see: 'British scientist: Maybe we need to put democracy “on hold” to deal with climate change'

I think that is pretty accurate. Except he is 90. So...useless? Un-quoteable? Not credible? Too old to live? Yeah, we know.

No...

It's EXACTLY like that.
No. An accurate summary would be, as Spector said, a 90 year old scientists OPINION PIECE.

A 90 year old scientist who is highly critical of the scientists you also criticise. Of course, you have no idea what youre talking about when youre criticising them....

A slightly (slightly) more honest way to use the comments by
Lovelock would be to use his criticisms of the UEA scientists to help your own fucking cause. But no, its much easier to just paint science = wrong.

You're an idiot.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:02 PM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Quote:

No...

It's EXACTLY like that.

So what's the point then?

There's a scientist out there with a radical opinion?

So?

Do you know how many UK scientists there are? You could have posted the opinion of a UK scientist saying that democracy must not be put on hold under any circumstances. You could probably find a scientist advocating the eradication of all red-heads, too, but it doesn't mean anything.

Why should I care? I'm a scientist too, should I change my opinion to match his? Does his opinion on this issue carry any weight? Is he in a position to effect this plan of his? Does his opinion reflect the opinion of people who are making decisions?

In short: Why should anyone care about this man's opinion?

Last edited by kazza : 03-31-2010 at 02:04 PM.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicallyYours View Post
Ok, I'l see your bullshit and raise you by Facts:

Holy shit! Are you saying that the british government exonerated the british scientists? LOL

The least 'scientific' nation in world history passing judgement on their own incompetence. Just shocked by this finding...

These fucking morons gladly release mass-murderers because they don't have a doctor who can tell if a guy is dying or not.

They should be banned from using the word 'science'.

Is your future secured?

Old 04-01-2010, 03:31 AM
Banned

Well, 'pwrone' you may want to address your concerns to the US Government because it appears that they are taking climate change very seriously. In fact, the debate does not appear to be over wither climate change is real or not, but how to address the problem.

pewclimatesecurity.org
Quote:
Fighting global warming is one way to ensure the security of our nation — if left unchecked, global warming could lead to civil strife, economic stress, conflicts over water and other resources, mass migration, and increased terrorism.

The Pew Project on National Security, Energy and Climate is dedicated to highlighting the climate-security nexus in order to advance discussions and solutions that will make the United States safer, more prosperous, and secure.

Last edited by nomaxim : 04-01-2010 at 06:55 AM.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
Well, 'pwrone' you may want to address your concerns to the US Government because it appears that they are taking climate change very seriously. In fact, the debate does not appear to be over wither climate change is real or not, but how to address the problem.

pewclimatesecurity.org

No question--they are going to steal our money on this scam the same way they 'eased' obamacare through.

It doesn't matter whether or not we can actually effect climate change through our actions.

In fact, nothing could matter less. This is just about stealing money, as it has been from the start.

Is your future secured?

Old 04-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
No question--they are going to steal our money on this scam the same way they 'eased' obamacare through.

It doesn't matter whether or not we can actually effect climate change through our actions.

In fact, nothing could matter less. This is just about stealing money, as it has been from the start.
A little background for you. Wiki-John Warner,
Quote:
John William Warner KBE (born February 18, 1927) is an American Republican politician who served as Secretary of the Navy from 1972 to 1974 and as a five-term United States Senator from Virginia from January 2, 1979, to January 3, 2009. He did not seek reelection in 2008. Warner was once married to actress Elizabeth Taylor. He is a veteran of World War II, and one of only five serving in the Senate at the time of his retirement.
pewtrusts.org/about_us,
Quote:
History
The Pew Charitable Trusts, an independent nonprofit, is the sole beneficiary of seven individual charitable funds established between 1948 and 1979 by two sons and two daughters of Sun Oil Company founder Joseph N. Pew and his wife, Mary Anderson Pew.

From its first day in 1948, Pew’s founders steeped the new institution with the entrepreneurial and optimistic spirit that characterized their lives.
Wiki-The Pew Charitable Trusts
Quote:
The Trusts, a single entity, is the successor to, and sole beneficiary of, seven charitable funds established between 1948 and 1979 by the adult children of Sun Oil Company founder Joseph N. Pew and his wife, Mary Anderson Pew. The four co-founders were J. Howard Pew, Mary Ethel Pew, Joseph N. Pew, Jr., and Mabel Pew Myrin. The Trusts is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, with an office in Washington, D.C..

Joseph Pew and his heirs were politically conservative. The J. Howard Pew Freedom Trust had as its mission to "acquaint the American people with 'the evils of bureaucracy' and 'the values of a free market' and 'to inform our people of the struggle, persecution, hardship, sacrifice and death by which freedom of the individual was won.'" Joseph N. Pew, Jr. called Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal, "a gigantic scheme to raze U.S businesses to a dead level and debase the citizenry into a mass of ballot-casting serfs."

Most of the early beneficiaries were conservative organizations such as the John Birch Society, the American Liberty League, and the American Enterprise Institute, although the beneficiaries also included a cancer research institute, a museum, higher education, the American Red Cross, and historically black colleges. For many years, the Trusts tended to fund charities and conservative causes located in Philadelphia.

In 2004, the Pew Trusts changed from a foundation into a non-profit organization. It can now raise funds freely and devote up to 5% of its budget to lobbying the public sector.

According to the 2009 Annual Report, five of the 12 persons currently serving on the Board for the Trusts are named Pew. Two of the five are physicians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrone
So you are saying that this conservative group, with a Republican spokesman no less, is going to scam you out of your money just like the Democrats did with health care?

Old 04-01-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
A little background for you. Wiki-John Warner,pewtrusts.org/about_us,Wiki-The Pew Charitable TrustsSo you are saying that this conservative group, with a Republican spokesman no less, is going to scam you out of your money just like the Democrats did with health care?

Not clear--at all--what the Pew Foundation had to do with this.

Obama will be stealing our money through various 'climate tax' schemes, most of which you have no doubt heard of.

Wait until you see how the filth propose to commence the stealing, then see who falls on what side.

Not that it matters.

Is your future secured?

Old 04-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Not clear--at all--what the Pew Foundation had to do with this.

Obama will be stealing our money through various 'climate tax' schemes, most of which you have no doubt heard of.

Wait until you see how the filth propose to commence the stealing, then see who falls on what side.

Not that it matters.
They would be the people you said were after your money in post #21. that big video where you said.

Quote:
A REPUBLICAN MILITARY THINK TANK.

Quote:
Holy shit! Are you saying that the british government exonerated the british scientists? LOL

The least 'scientific' nation in world history passing judgement on their own incompetence. Just shocked by this finding...
I love this quote. So what your saying is that the daily mail had it wrong about there citizens. That The citizens wouldn't press crimanal charges against people.

That is beyond arrogent. Do you honestly think that the American goverment is the only one who is spending money on this???? I think everyone care too especially the British. Expecially the Law.

Especially since half the articles against climate change come from a British paper.

Or do you include all of Britain, everyone else who observed the proceedings in this massive conspiracy of yours.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spector567 View Post
They would be the people you said were after your money in post #21. that big video where you said.

A REPUBLICAN MILITARY THINK TANK.

I love this quote. So what your saying is that the daily mail had it wrong about there citizens. That The citizens wouldn't press crimanal charges against people.

That is beyond arrogent. Do you honestly think that the American goverment is the only one who is spending money on this???? I think everyone care too especially the British. Expecially the Law.

Especially since half the articles against climate change come from a British paper.

Or do you include all of Britain, everyone else who observed the proceedings in this massive conspiracy of yours.

No, this is simply the british government covering up for the egregious crimes of their scientific 'elite' (LOL)

As for British citizens, I feel sorry for them. It seems that the attitude of their leaders is not what the vast majority of them think, at all.

This is judging from the comments in ALL the wonderful brit newspapers.

They have been bent over and lied to. They do not share the victim mentality and ignorance-seeking behavior of thistle and now it is too late.

Like the rest of Europe.

Is your future secured?

Old 04-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
No, this is simply the british government covering up for the egregious crimes of their scientific 'elite' (LOL)

As for British citizens, I feel sorry for them. It seems that the attitude of their leaders is not what the vast majority of them think, at all.

This is judging from the comments in ALL the wonderful brit newspapers.

They have been bent over and lied to. They do not share the victim mentality and ignorance-seeking behavior of thistle and now it is too late.

Like the rest of Europe. .
So in short what your saying is that the british government, all a of europe, Canada, India, China, Austrialia and many others through there own independent studies and evaluations. Have all been lied too and your the only one who knows the truth......

Yep you managed to make the conspiracy bigger. Any contrary evidence is just part of the conspiracy. The simplest solution would have been to abandon a weak argument and move onto a strong one that involved some evidence.

The daily mail didn't produce a completely fabricated story (climate U-turn) and you were never deceived by it one bit by it were you.

As for ignorance seeking behaviour..... What do you know about the issue.

Can you tell me the factors and influences that affect global climate,

Very various solutions,

The various scientific bodies and there opinions

Can you hold an argument based on facts and not opinion?

Thistle can and has. Just like the others above you. Just like others who disagree with them but for better and intelligent reasons.

Last week you couldn't even be pulled kicking and screaming into a science conversation. Today your calling people ignorant.

Ignorance seeking behaviour indeed.

You have never once considered the other side or anything beyond your American political spectrum. Reality doesn't care about your politics. You can't Visualize another reality.

Tell you what. Just as you asked me
. It's only fair.

Can you even say that there is a possibility that the earth is warming?That there might be a possibility that man has had a noticeable affect?
That just maybe some of the information your using as a complete science layman might be incorrect or misleading?

You asked me this question. I showed you I could. Using a quote from 2 weeks before you even asked. Saying that I had considered both evidence and that there was a possibility that AWG was not real but the advantages were few and unsubstantial compared to the possible dangers.

Can you do the same? I don't think you can. If you could you wouldn't have attributed everything that disagrees with you to some massive conspiracy.

Quote:
Conspiracy Nut:
In theory, it refers to someone who believes everything is a conspiracy. In practice, it is an overused ad hominem tactic against someone who believes that some incidents could be a conspiracy. True conspiracy nuts are pompous teens who want to feel important, but people who generally use the term are on the opposite end of the spectrum and afraid to acknowledge the possibility of a reality different from their perception.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...nspiracy%20Nut

Last edited by Spector567 : 04-01-2010 at 03:53 PM.