report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Government Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2010, 03:00 AM
I am new at Scam.com

FIGHTING the real estate tax-man .... ?

Who here has a fraudulent assessment of their real property ? .. In Michigan .. this is happening EVERYWHERE.

WHY ? ... because these-people(the assessors) are hired by the tax-man to extract as much money out of we-the-people ...and they do not care that the real-estate bubble has burst.

So ...we sue them for FRAUD....and grand-theft ....and MAYBE for a violation of our civil rights ....4th Amendment ??

MORE later ... I have yet to hit-the-hay !

Old 04-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Bronze Member

Re: FIGHTING the real estate tax-man .... ?

You need to contact your county real estate tax office and demand to have your values reassested. You will need some proof of the current values of your property. Find a Realtor to do comparables from the MLS for your home. The county doesn't have the manpower to dig up current vlaues. Nor do they care. I am in Ohio and did it. My property tax came down 800.00 because of it.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

yes, try to get your assessment adjusted. this doesn't solve the longer term problem - your local goverment is paying themselves too much. when everybody finally gets their adjustment, the rate will be raised because the government always needs more and more money to pay salaries and benefits.

every government agency has waste and fraud. there are people on the payroll that do nothing. support candidates that promise to cut spending. yes, that means cut government jobs. if you don't want to do that, then just pay it.

Last edited by mumbles : 04-13-2010 at 05:29 PM.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:52 AM
I am new at Scam.com

OK guyz ... how is there ACCOUNTABILITY with THESE PEOPLE ?

This corruption goes all-the-way UP to the state-level.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:26 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I thought I reged here before ... this is me again ....

Come on people .... THESE PEOPLE have to be held to account !!

Old 02-06-2011, 04:06 AM
419 Scambaiter

I asked for a reassessment of my property, and I went to see the township real estate tax person.
After presenting evidence of why I thought my property was overvalued ( in a friendly way ), she agreed to a revaluation.
I received a letter in the mail a few weeks ago that my property was reassessed for $8,000 less than it was last time.

This will save me about $240 a year on property taxes.