report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mail Order Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2010, 03:10 PM
REBEL

Finbarr International

Finbarr International (SHG)
Folkestone
Kent
CT20 2QQ
England

Finbarr International is a mail-order company for books. They mention in an ad "order with confidence, we have been advertising in the US since 1982".

They also have an Iron-Clad Guarantee, if someone isn't thrilled with what they have return it within 45 days and you will receive a full refund.

I ordered a book from Finbarr International for $22.99, checked out the book, wasn't thrilled with it and returned it within the 45 day period. I had returned the material on Feb. 26, 2010. It takes about a week for mail to get to England from the US. Still to date, I have not received a full refund. Instead, I received another mini-catalog.

Old 06-04-2010, 03:27 PM
REBEL

Re: Finbarr International

I have recently learned of the e-mail address and contact name for Finbarr International. There is E-mail address is Finbarrrock@ntlworld.com and the contact is Steven Gabriel.

I sent Mr. Gabriel an E-mail telling him that I was extremly dissappointed with his customer service. I explained to him that still to date I have received a refund for the material that I have sent, nor a response to both letters that I have sent to him requesting a refund.

Mr. Gabriel's reponse was that he has no record of receiving the material or both letters and that they were lost in the mail.

I have a really hard time believing that because my order with payment was accepted with no problem. I send the material back and make a request for refund 3 times, and it gets lost. Go figure.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:17 PM
REBEL

Re: brave opposite grouping

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrst344 View Post
President Do you dead spammer link consider what these else people? Einstein? "he continuing cry. Presently he shouted up to me. I got on the bus, along with everyone leaving.Dupe ever since I got out of polish to brave opposite grouping always loud - Ferras carriage, Blyth instruct, there dead spammer link are those thugs trainers, who now is the blue.
This idiot had no clue what he/she was talking about.

Last edited by Meri Widow : 09-10-2010 at 05:40 PM. Reason: delete spammer links

Old 09-10-2010, 02:45 PM
REBEL

Steven Gabriel of Finbarr International is a liar, a cheat, and a scammer.
BEWARE OF DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS MAN!

Old 05-12-2011, 01:48 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Finbarr International has been trading for almost 40 years & continues to serve thousands of customers who are satisfied with the customer service. Unfortunately, Knight-Mare is not satisfied despite repeated requests from Finbarr to provide supporting documentation that he returned the book back to us. We have very few people return books, but when they do & we actually receive the books then we have refunded their money immediately. Steve Gabriel did e-mail you on more than one occasion that the company had not received the book but still you failed to produce evidence that you had returned it. Steve Gabriel is a well respected Manager & an honest guy. Don't abuse his name when you don't know him. Sounds like your problem is with the Postal Service not him!!!

Old 05-17-2011, 12:15 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabster1966 View Post
Finbarr International has been trading for almost 40 years & continues to serve thousands of customers who are satisfied with the customer service. Unfortunately, Knight-Mare is not satisfied despite repeated requests from Finbarr to provide supporting documentation that he returned the book back to us. We have very few people return books, but when they do & we actually receive the books then we have refunded their money immediately. Steve Gabriel did e-mail you on more than one occasion that the company had not received the book but still you failed to produce evidence that you had returned it. Steve Gabriel is a well respected Manager & an honest guy. Don't abuse his name when you don't know him. Sounds like your problem is with the Postal Service not him!!!
LOL. You are a god-damn liar. Finbarr did not make repeated requests for documentation from me. If they did, than I would have provided something. Steve Gabriel did not e-mail me on more than one occaision. Steve Gabriel e-mailed one time and only one time, told me he would look into the matter and get back to me. That never happen.

How is that I mail in my order and payment to Finbarr International with no problems, yet when I send the material that I ordered back, and two letters, all sent at different times to the same exact address and Steven Gabriel's excuse is that neither the material (The Hand of God) nor the two letters was never recieved. Steven Gabriel is a liar, a cheat and a scammer.

* If Steven Gabriel is a well respected manager and honest guy, then he would have listed an e-mail address for customer support in his advertisments, but he doesn't

* If Steven Gabriel is a well respected manager and honest guy, then he would have a full money back guarantee on on his products, not just on The Hand of God publication, but he doesn't.

* If Steven Gabriel is a well respected manager and honest guy, then he would show some testimonials about Finbarr Internationals business and products, but he doesn't.

You say Finbarr International has been trading for almost 40 years. That may be, however there may have been a number of people before internet came around that were cheated and lied to by Steve Gabriel, and those victims did not know where to file a complaint and just gave up.

If you don't like me posting my experience with Steve Gabriel and Finbarr Internationl than you can STFU! I have every god-damn right too mention it!

People like you are always quick to blame the Postal Service, instead of taking responsibility.

I can see the purpose of your posting, is to try and convince people that Steve Gabriel is a really great guy and business individual. What a load of bull-shit. Steve Gabriel is a liar and a cheat.

Let's cut the crap, Gabsters1966 is Steven Gabriel.

Last edited by Knight-mare : 05-18-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:07 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Despite your distasteful language & tone, Finbarr International wants to resolve the matter. Hereby publicly stating to you. Provide documentary evidence to Finbarr International that you posted the book back & that we received the book. Once that is received then a refund or replacement, whichever you prefer, will be honoured. How can we say fairer than that.
To answer some of your points. We do have testimonials & in many of our ads we state to people to request copies of them if they want to read them. Secondly, we advertise in several US publications & it is a requirement that you provide Money back guarantees. This we do & we advertise many books other than Hand Of God. Also, if there were complaints by customers buying these books, would they not complain to the advertiser if there wasn't a satisfactory conclusion with Finbarr International? If they did, then surely the advertiser would not accept advertisements from Finbarr International if they kept receiving complaints. We have been advertising in the US for 25 years & our ads are still accepted & published. Also, we do not publish an internet e-mail address for one simple reason. We are not on the Internet!! We don't use computers for our trading. I only use my personal e-mail address in dire emergencies where there is a problem. I am writing as a partner of Finbarr International & am trying to defend the name of my manager, Steve Gabriel. We have now given you the opportunity to help resolve the issue & let's see if you take it or choose to continue to spout untruths. Wait to hear from you.

Old 06-07-2011, 12:48 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabster1966 View Post
Despite your distasteful language & tone, Finbarr International wants to resolve the matter. Hereby publicly stating to you. Provide documentary evidence to Finbarr International that you posted the book back & that we received the book. Once that is received then a refund or replacement, whichever you prefer, will be honoured. How can we say fairer than that.
To answer some of your points. We do have testimonials & in many of our ads we state to people to request copies of them if they want to read them. Secondly, we advertise in several US publications & it is a requirement that you provide Money back guarantees. This we do & we advertise many books other than Hand Of God. Also, if there were complaints by customers buying these books, would they not complain to the advertiser if there wasn't a satisfactory conclusion with Finbarr International? If they did, then surely the advertiser would not accept advertisements from Finbarr International if they kept receiving complaints. We have been advertising in the US for 25 years & our ads are still accepted & published. Also, we do not publish an internet e-mail address for one simple reason. We are not on the Internet!! We don't use computers for our trading. I only use my personal e-mail address in dire emergencies where there is a problem. I am writing as a partner of Finbarr International & am trying to defend the name of my manager, Steve Gabriel. We have now given you the opportunity to help resolve the issue & let's see if you take it or choose to continue to spout untruths. Wait to hear from you.
LOL. Oh, gee you are just so generous with your offer, just like last time. I can clearly see what is going on here, Steve Gabriel is trying to save face and convince people that not only is he a great guy, he is also a great business manager. What a load of bull-shit. Steve Gabriel is a liar and a cheat.

You want to talk about what's fair? I'll tell you what would have been fair and that is Steve Gabriel sending me a full refund for the material that I sent back to Finbarr over a year ago. What is also fair, is for Steve Gabriel to stop lying and take responsibility for a customer complaint that should have been taken care of over a year ago.

As I told you in my first e-mail to Steve Gabriel, I have sent the material that I ordered back to him and two additional letters by regular mail requesting a full refund.

This is an E-Mail that I received of Steve Gabriel's response:
I am afraid that we have no record of receiving a book back from you, nor of receiving letters from you. Please can you give me a postal reference number & courier with whom you sent the book back & i will endeavour to check the position with them. Please also advise me of the date you returned the book.
Thank you

Finbarr

I sent Steve Gabriel the additional info that was requested and I never received a response back from him and that was over a year ago, so am I to believe what you say this time?

You want to know what pisses me off about this matter? I send in my order and payment to the address that is advertised and it's received and processed in a timely manner. I decide to send the material back to the same address as I sent my order and payment to and get to refund from Steve Gabriel. So I send a follow up letter, no reply again from Steve Gabriel, so I send another letter and still get no reply from Steve Gabriel, but that payment sure got through with no problems. Yet you believe that 2 letters and the material I sent back to you was lost and that it is the fault of the Postal System and not Finbarr. I have a hard time believing Steve Gabriel.

To address some of your responses, you claim that there is a money back guarantee on anything, yet the only advertisement that I have seen that Finbarr offers a money back guarantee is for The Hand of God. The other two catalogs that Finbarr has sent to me has absolutely, NO MENTION of a money back guarantee on anything else. You claim it, then show it!

You claim that Finbarr has been advertising in the US for 25 years. Quote: We have been advertising in the US for 25 years. Really? Yet in the advertisement for The Hand of God, Finbarr claims, "we have advertised in the US since 1982. That's 29 years, not 25 years. You represent a company and you don't really have a clue how long the company has been advertising in the US. Pathetic. What part is true and what part is bull-shit?

You claim to have testimonials. Quote: We do have testimonials & in many of our ads we state to people to request copies of them if they want to read them. I have'nt seen not shred of a testimonial from a satisfied customer in any ad or catalog, nor have I seen anything to request copies of testimonials from Finbarr. If Finbarr has any testimonials of satisfied customers, in what publications can I find this?

You say that Finbarr does not use computers. Steve Gabriel uses his personal e-mail for dire emergencies. I call that poor customer service. Finbarr is located in the UK and advertises in the US, yet there is no way to address customer concerns and issues because there is NO E-MAIL ADDRESS nor PHONE NUMBER advetised. So if any other person has problems with Finbarr, then they would most likely have to write and hope that there letter is received and replyed to. Good luck with that.

Last edited by Knight-mare : 06-08-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Old 07-16-2011, 08:02 AM
I am new at Scam.com

As matter of interest did you return the book via some form of registered/recorded delivery ?

Old 07-20-2011, 03:37 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cofton View Post
As matter of interest did you return the book via some form of registered/recorded delivery ?
I returned the book through regular mail service.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:25 AM
Newbie Member

i have also had a similar experience with Finbarr books in Kent. I spent £35 this y ear 2011 and ordered 3 books i have returned them a month ago now and not heard nothing. I did request some new books in exchange. I explained being female and going into the woods is not appropirate for me as im disabled and i live in a town so always people about. The other books i ordered state that you dont need any rituals to work. I will be emailing FInbarr and writing to them soon. I have my copy of return from the Post Office still. Lets see the outcome and i will post my experience on this website.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:07 AM
Newbie Member

Also i have looked at some other issues of their catalogues which was sent to me every month after i placed an order. I have noticed one book i reordered was £5 less in another catalogue of Finbarrs???

Old 07-27-2011, 01:12 AM
Newbie Member

P.S yet theres also another USA customer who stated that they sent Finbarr a Postal Order from USA and never received their books!
Theres another scam website on the net. Just need to Google Finbarr International Scams or FInbarr Scams

Old 08-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Finbarr International Success Story

At last just over a month and I have now received some more books from Finbarr as a replacement for the ones I returned back. I'm very happy as he also wrote me a ltetter saying as I have been a customer in the past he will honour my request.

Thank You Very Much Mr Finbarr .

Old 08-08-2011, 03:43 PM
REBEL

Re: Finbarr International Success Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey125 View Post
At last just over a month and I have now received some more books from Finbarr as a replacement for the ones I returned back. I'm very happy as he also wrote me a ltetter saying as I have been a customer in the past he will honour my request.

Thank You Very Much Mr Finbarr .
There is no Mr. Finbarr, but you would have realized that if you had read my posts. Steve Gabriel is the head of Finbarr International.

Steve Gabriel still owes me a full refund. Until I receive a full refund, my opinion of Steve Gabriel will not change. I still consider Steve Gabriel to be a liar and a cheat.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:03 AM
Newbie Member

I'm sorry to hear your still waiting for a refund. My first order with Finbarr was in 1980 a book called Winning With Witchcraft. It has taken me 15 years of getting robbed ** other Occultist. 2 of which charged me £1000 each . If I was you I'd think myself very lucky to lose only $22. Try going on free websites and try to work your spells on the full moon night. I have also read that if you meditate then you don't even need to do any spells at all.
Are you new to Magic? I know part of my problem was that I worked full time and I had an undiagnosed illness. I also got taken advantage of ** my friends and my partners. I have a disability and I'm sure you will agree Disabled People have a lifetime of ABUSE. Good Luck.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:04 PM
REBEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey125 View Post
I'm sorry to hear your still waiting for a refund. My first order with Finbarr was in 1980 a book called Winning With Witchcraft. It has taken me 15 years of getting robbed ** other Occultist. 2 of which charged me £1000 each . If I was you I'd think myself very lucky to lose only $22. Try going on free websites and try to work your spells on the full moon night. I have also read that if you meditate then you don't even need to do any spells at all.
Are you new to Magic? I know part of my problem was that I worked full time and I had an undiagnosed illness. I also got taken advantage of ** my friends and my partners. I have a disability and I'm sure you will agree Disabled People have a lifetime of ABUSE. Good Luck.
I'm not really new to magic, because I don't really get in it.

I will agree with your comment about the abuse a disabled person has to go through. It's not right.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:57 AM
Newbie Member

Thanks for your reply. Well Magic is not for eveyone. I did read that if you meditate you don't need to do any irituals at all. I hope you try it some day. It works ** relaxing you then you sttart atttracting what you need in life. Hopwfully you will win the lottery, maybe even your dream job etc.