report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2010, 10:08 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Is American Diversified Publications Inc, a scam??

Some one please tell me if it is or is not a scam and how i can reach them. I really need to know how to get my money back if it is a scam...

Old 03-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Re: Is American Diversified Publications Inc, a sc

Depends on your definition of a scam. That company appears to be selling a pamphlet that is suppose to contain a list of work-at-home companies. I can't find on their site where they say how often they update the list, whether or not those companies are accepting applications or are even hiring and why they publish a paper list instead of updating a page on their website.

Clicking on the 'About Us' tab brings up:
Quote:
With over thirty-nine years of experience
but at the bottom of the page is this:
Quote:
Copyright © 2005-2010 American Diversified Publications Inc.,
and the who-is says:
Quote:
Updated Date: 09-nov-2009
Creation Date: 09-nov-2001
Expiration Date: 09-nov-2010
So, what were they doing for the previous 30 years?

Farther down the 'About Us' they say:
Quote:
With a highly motivated staff and live operators 24 hours a day
(bolding is orginal to the site)

Yet, under 'Contact Us' they say:
Quote:
(800) 688-0295 operators available
8:00 am - 6:00 pm cst
Monday - Friday
Under the 'Frequently Asked Questions'
Quote:

10. What is the guarantee?
Order our package and look it over. If you are not 100% satisified with what you have received, return it in new and reusable condition within 30 days from the date you received it from American Diversified Publications. You will be refunded the cost of the program minus shipping and handling costs.

As you already stated, there is no mention of what the procedures are to get your money back, to whom and where do you send whatever you received from them and how do you prove what you sent?

Clicking on the 'Let's get started' tab brings up a picture of people and a form. Starting with the picture, according to this site, that picture is also on 3 other sites.
http://www.tineye.com/search/60d5fae...44a255b999a8ce

However, the scariest part is the form to fill out with your name, address, credit card number and other vital information is shown. The page is a regular http page NOT a secure https page.

I would suggest you keep a close eye on your credit or debit card since you may have sent it on an unsecured page.

I don't see any way for you to get your money back from a site that is working as a 'middleman' to supposidly connect you to work-at-home companies. As long as they have sent you something, no matter how useless you found it to be, legally they fulfilled their duty, just barely but they did what they advertise, sent you a pamphlet.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com