report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Platinum Member

Satanist and Atheist are the same.

You could say that whereas atheist don't believe in God, satanist do. However, is that true? When confronted with biblical ideas atheist deny that God exists or detest the idea. They often declare the idea of God to be absurd and mostly the product of stupid people. Satanist go directly to the heart of the matter and declare that God is not necessary and, if believed, should be ignored because the self is more important.

Atheist also believe the self to be more important than the idea of God. Thus, both atheist and Satanist worship self over God or the idea of God. Even if it were proven that God exists, both Satanist and Atheist would proclaim Him to be worthless compared to the idea of "self."

Last edited by Cnance : 03-11-2010 at 07:20 PM.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Satanist and Atheist are the same.

No, the two words have entirely different meanings.

Plus, there are Satanic churches and worship groups (although of a rather different nature tha mainstream Christianity depicts them as - see Anton LeVey). There are no atheist worship groups that I have ever heard of.

Now, will you stop trolling and use this forum for its' intended purpose of discussion of scams using religion as a front, or will you need to be shown the door?

Old 03-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Platinum Member

ProfHenryHiggins
Quote:
No, the two words have entirely different meanings.

Plus, there are Satanic churches and worship groups (although of a rather different nature tha mainstream Christianity depicts them as - see Anton LeVey). There are no atheist worship groups that I have ever heard of.

Now, will you stop trolling and use this forum for its' intended purpose of discussion of scams using religion as a front, or will you need to be shown the door?
I know they have different meanings, but in practice it's apparent that they've come to mean the same. Often, you can't tell them apart. Atheist on scam.com pour out venom at anyone who believes in God, just as satanist do. So, you may have a testbook definition of an atheist, but in practice it doesn't exist.

Are you going to show me the door?

Last edited by Cnance : 03-12-2010 at 08:34 PM.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Atheism is not the hingepoint between "Christ and Satan"... That would be agnosticism. Atheism believes in no naturally unexplainable occurrence or entity (i.e. no super or supra natural beings, objects or events) and as such has no play in Satan or Satanism (I'll elaborate in a second). Because an atheist does not believe in a god, they also would not believe in a supernatural being called "Satan". Christ & Satan are on but one pendulum... Theism and Atheism is a teeter-totter upon which said pendulum balances.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member

joanalex

Quote:
Atheism is not the hingepoint between "Christ and Satan"... That would be agnosticism. Atheism believes in no naturally unexplainable occurrence or entity (i.e. no super or supra natural beings, objects or events) and as such has no play in Satan or Satanism (I'll elaborate in a second). Because an atheist does not believe in a god, they also would not believe in a supernatural being called "Satan". Christ & Satan are on but one pendulum... Theism and Atheism is a teeter-totter upon which said pendulum balances.
Technically, I think you're correct, but in practice atheist often attack Christians with the same vigor as do Satanist. As an example, they've been successful in forcing courts to eliminate Christianity in public places while advocating for Islam and other religious faiths. If they are nonbelievers, why do they promote other religious at the expense of Christianity?

Old 03-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Platinum Member

Funny thing... some of the Satanic literature I've read applauded Christ for rebelling against the authorities of his time. Very different from what Christians say Satan worshippers are like.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:12 AM
Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
joanalex

Technically, I think you're correct, but in practice atheist often attack Christians with the same vigor as do Satanist. As an example, they've been successful in forcing courts to eliminate Christianity in public places while advocating for Islam and other religious faiths. If they are nonbelievers, why do they promote other religious at the expense of Christianity?
Gee, I wonder why?....Let's see....Bible-babblers want all those living in the US to not only honor and embrace all the tenants of their, unproven faith and god, but to have them taught as facts in the public schools and to have those unproven tenants legislated into law.

Fortunately for us in the US, the Constitution provides us protections from such idiocy.
"I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:26 AM
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Quote:
joanalex

Satanists fight Christians because they believe that Satan is (or should be) the true ruler of the world.

Athiests don't like Christians because YOU PERSONALLY go around spreading lies, like you did when you started this thread.

I suppose you get the feeling you're preaching and lies aren't appreciated by either group. That feeling would be right.
I believe there will be a nuclear war in October of this year.
Oh Cnance.... Full of shit as always.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Platinum Member

Well, it looks like I'm hating more than ever. This thread brought them out of their holes.

You know, I think I was correct. Based on what atheist have posted, they attack Christians the way satanist do. On scam.com, atheist pour out their venom on Christians without stopping, all the while expecting them to turn the other check.

I've noticed fewer Christians post here. I wonder Why?

I suspect that on scam.com there're more atheist than Christians. Could anyone take a poll?

Originally the religious scam was about religious fraud, now it is about how terrible Christians are. What's that have to do with religious fraud?

If atheist on scam.com are not also Satanist, why don't they behave like atheist. Live and let live. Instead of going on the attack, why not just admit you don't believe in God and let it go at that.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Well, it looks like I'm hating more than ever. This thread brought them out of their holes.
Just like when christians run-a-muck when two men or women try to marry, but hold back the flood gates when a preacher fleeces the poor of their last dollar.

Quote:
You know, I think I was correct. Based on what atheist have posted, they attack Christians the way satanist do.
I would treat a satanist with the same attitude as I do christians, of for that matter, anyone with a curb side degree in pseudoscientific-archeological-philosophy.

Quote:
On scam.com, atheist pour out their venom on Christians without stopping, all the while expecting them to turn the other check.
While you sit in your prayer circles pouring out your prayers expecting them to join you as sheep??

Quote:
I've noticed fewer Christians post here. I wonder Why?
Because evidence is a bitch.

Quote:
I suspect that on scam.com there're more atheist than Christians. Could anyone take a poll?
Count me as 1 atheist.

Quote:
Originally the religious scam was about religious fraud, now it is about how terrible Christians are. What's that have to do with religious fraud?
Personally, religion _IS_ the fraud. It's just such a large fraud that there are a million different ways to approach it.

Quote:
If atheist on scam.com are not also Satanist, why don't they behave like atheist.
Because they believe in something outside them selves as the anit-god. Whether it be nature, demons, good works, pleasure or pain. Its (satanism) based on the definition of the individual.

Quote:
Live and let live.
Because your god commands you to do otherwise. I don't ever remember going door to door fishing for souls to become an atheist.

Quote:
Instead of going on the attack, why not just admit you don't believe in God and let it go at that.
That is what atheism means. No belief in a -or- any gods. However, chrisitan rulers find it necessary to kill at the command of their deity, those who do not submit to or acknowledge the existence of god(s).

Old 03-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Platinum Member

svcguyhv quote

Just like when christians run-a-muck when two men or women try to marry, but hold back the flood gates when a preacher fleeces the poor of their last dollar.

I would treat a satanist with the same attitude as I do christians, of
Quote:
for that matter, anyone with a curb side degree in pseudoscientific-archeological-philosophy.

While you sit in your prayer circles pouring out your prayers expecting them to join you as sheep??

Because evidence is a bitch.

Count me as 1 atheist.

Personally, religion _IS_ the fraud. It's just such a large fraud that there are a million different ways to approach it.

Because they believe in something outside them selves as the anit-god. Whether it be nature, demons, good works, pleasure or pain. Its (satanism) based on the definition of the individual.

Because your god commands you to do otherwise. I don't ever remember going door to door fishing for souls to become an atheist.

That is what atheism means. No belief in a -or- any gods. However, chrisitan rulers find it necessary to kill at the command of their deity, those who do not submit to or acknowledge the existence of god(s).
Good evidence for my thread.

Most Christians I know don't fit these stereotypes. Atheist are good at setting up straw men.

Now that atheist have chastised us Christian sheep, they need to enlighten us. Assuming the Ten Commandments is rubbish and that morality is a thing of the past, what rules for living should we adopt? Maybe, we need a good dictator to bring about peace, prosperity and a better world.

Here we go, the next posting is going to be about crusades, inquisitions and all that.

Last edited by Cnance : 03-12-2010 at 10:28 AM.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Now that atheist have chastised us Christian sheep, they need to enlighten us. Assuming the Ten Commandments is rubbish and that morality is a thing of the past,
who said morality is a thing of the past?

Quote:
....what rules for living should we adopt? Maybe, we need a good dictator to bring about peace, prosperity and a better world.
The rules we have today are based in law. Our laws are based on shared human experience and morality which has evolved, like the rest of human societies, in a way which benefits us collectively. The basic ideas behind the ten commandments existed before the commandments did.

I would suggest human experience and culture shaped the ten commandments, not the other way round.

Quote:
Here we go, the next posting is going to be about crusades, inquisitions and all that.
Nope.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Incidentally, to an Atheist such as myself the Satanist, the Christian, the Muslim and the Buddhist can be grouped together (I wont say they are the same).

They believe in their particular god or deity, and dont believe in any of the others. Me, I dont believe in any of them.

But each to his own.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Good evidence for my thread.
What evidence? "There he goes again, with that freedom of speech thing!"

Quote:
Most Christians I know don't fit these stereotypes. Atheist are good at setting up straw men.
What stereotype? This is what the christian religion *REQUIRES* of it's followers. Where have I set up a straw man?

Quote:
Now that atheist have chastised us Christian sheep,
I think that the church fathers did a great job doing that. Jesus the shepherd, knows his voice, shepherd goes after that one lost sheep. etc, etc, etc....

Quote:
they need to enlighten us. Assuming the Ten Commandments is rubbish and that morality is a thing of the past, what rules for living should we adopt?
As if before the commandments people were a hoard of immoral beings? When the commandments (which are rubbish) of which, I know of no one who lives by them, came onto the scene, like a light switch, every one played nice? Try again.

Quote:
Maybe, we need a good dictator to bring about peace, prosperity and a better world.
Yeah, like a good christian leader. Check with history and look up Constantine.

Quote:
Naw, I like the more contemporary stories of the Vatican telling millions to not use condoms in AIDS saturated populations.

But I do agree with thistle, I group all myth believers in the same category. No special pleading here.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Platinum Member

I have said this before, I will say it again.

No evidence exists that atheists are evil.

As if we need god for moral bearing.

A lot of people believe in god, and that is fine.

Some people don't.

Is there a problem with that?

Old 03-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Not my chair, not my problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post

Some people don't.

Some of the nicest people I know are atheists. I can't understand how the two can be confused or compared.

On another thread, I posted some links. In the second link (The History Channel) they say that some satanists were originally atheists. I don't know how true that is, but I would bet that some satanists were formerly Christians or Jews, etc. I'm not aware of a real correlation between satanists and atheists.

http://scam.com/showpost.php?p=892019&postcount=3
The Rainforest Site/charity
http://www.therainforestsite.com/cli...gin=Sister_ars

Last edited by HotParadox : 03-12-2010 at 12:49 PM.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Platinum Member

thistle

Quote:
who said morality is a thing of the past?
Well, I agree, that's too general of a statement. We can certain there is little or no consensus about morality. The point I was trying to make it without believing in anything, where do we go. Without guides, euthanasia is OK, animal sex is OK, rape is OK, etc. Where do we draw the line?

Quote:
The rules we have today are based in law. Our laws are based on shared human experience and morality which has evolved, like the rest of human societies, in a way which benefits us collectively. The basic ideas behind the ten commandments existed before the commandments did.
You don't know that. We know there were some nations were evolving toward moral codes (Code of Hammurabi). You don't have to believe the Bible as historical reference, however there are many, including historians, who do.

I accept the Bible story about the Ten Commandments. You don't have to, but don't tell me I'm stupid because I don't believe like you.

Quote:
I would suggest human experience and culture shaped the ten commandments, not the other way round.
That's your opinion and I have a right to disagree with you.

The problem I have with atheist is that, having dismissed Christians as stupid, they become arrogant thinking they have all the answers, even when evidence is to the contrary.

Again, if you don't believe in God, why bother attacking those who do. What do you accomplish? You certainly aren't converting Christians to paganism.

Let it go.

If you stop attack Christians, I'll stop calling all of you satanist. Keep it up and all of you will convince us that your really satanist. After all, that's what satanist do. They attack believers in God, and apparently, Christians are their best targets.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Platinum Member

howdy

Quote:

Some people don't.

I have no problem with that. My problem is with the others on scam.com that spend most of their time attacking Christians. Why is that? If they are atheist, as they say they are, why so obsessed with pouring out venom on Christians. That's what satanist do.