report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mail Order Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2010, 09:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Ubi Payment Services

Received a letter in the mail telling me that I was to receive $5,000.00, all they needed was my signature. I am sure if there was a way some how they could forge my signature. I was aware this was a scam.

Where is this scam coming from???

Old 03-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: Ubi Payment Services

http://bulletin.aarp.org/yourmoney/s..._t_add_up.html

Quote:
Revealed in the “Official Contest Rules” on the back of the letter: “The winner will be required to send a copy of their passport or identification to the sponsor to confirm their age and identity.” Common sense suggests you should never mail or e-mail passport or driver’s license details, “which can easily be used for identity theft purposes,” says Scott McKee, district attorney of Henderson County, Texas, who is also warning about this scam.
Where is UBI Payments? Good question, because a copy of this letter obtained by Scam Alert was sent from Singapore, but the return envelope goes to a post office box in Australia. UBI already has an “F” rating by the BBB for previously mailing dubious puzzle contest entry letters. It has operated under three dozen other company names, including Global Sweepstakes, Winpac, and Sweepstakes and Prizes, and also has borrowed some legitimate ones, including Allstate Financial Services, AT&T Financial Services and Reader’s Digest.
http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=44179

Last edited by mumbles : 03-10-2010 at 09:29 PM.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:02 PM
I am new at Scam.com

This is a very well known scam. Just google UBI Payment Services and you'll find heaps of information about it. The way it works is that they send you a cheque for $5000 which you bank. You then return $3500 of that back to them as a fee for a 'prize' of $50,000. Problem is that the original cheque turns out to be fake and your bank wants its $5000 back which you MUST pay. You end up $3500 down plus bank fees and of course never hear anything about the promised $50,000!

Old 05-05-2010, 09:08 AM
I am new at Scam.com

UBI Payment Services $5,000 check!

I received a letter from UBI payment services today and immediately looked them up. SCAM poped up when I did my search and confirmed my questions. I have never even heard of these people and wonder where in the world did they get my info from? I have read all the other post on this company and just wanted to let everyone know that they are still up to the same game. The post from Aus. providing the link to the gov. website does indeed work now. I reported this company there as well. If anyone else receives this letter please throw it away, maybe they will finally give up. Unless you have entered into a contest on your own terms, do not entertain anyone who sends you something out of the blue.

I also recieved an invite to become a member of the Biltmore Who's Who. I have been a stay at home mom for 7 years now, so how am I able to represent anyone anywhere in the catagory of Executives and Professional Women? What a crock of crap!!!! There are so many things out there to try and get your money. Just because we all need it doesn't mean we need to entertain everything that comes our way. Be cautious and hold on to your hard earned money. Best of luck to everyone.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:01 PM
I am new at Scam.com

UBI Payment Services

Postage paid envelope from Hong Kong Port Paye Permit No 3293

This is a very important statement. You are guaranteed to receive $5,000.00.

Release from: Puzzle

Circle the correct answer
20 + 5 = 25 21 23.
The release form has my correct name and complete address requiring a signature.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:54 PM
I am new at Scam.com

They Are At It Again Or Still, I Just Recvd My Letter For 5,000. Where Are These People Getting Our Addresses
From. I Just Moved After Having Lived Else Where For Nearly 20 Yrs.
Amazing..............

Old 04-01-2011, 12:57 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Listen a couple of years ago i received something like this but it was suppose to be a sweepstake i enter and 2 months later received a check for 5 thousand dollars to my surprise when i tryed to cash it i was attained by the police and questioned about the check many ppl received it and some got to cash it...
but its most definitely a scam

Old 05-05-2011, 12:54 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I got one of those $5000 letters today from Australia. As I was reading it all I could hear was Lewis Black's voice screaming in my head: "ARE YOU F#%KING KIDDING ME!!!".
I just have to wonder about anyone who would even think for a minute that it could be legit. Just remember if it's too good to be true...

Old 07-03-2011, 01:55 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetgal View Post
Received a letter in the mail telling me that I was to receive $5,000.00, all they needed was my signature. I am sure if there was a way some how they could forge my signature. I was aware this was a scam.

Where is this scam coming from???

ok mandemelo de nuebo ok

Old 07-03-2011, 01:56 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: UBI Payment Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl White View Post
Postage paid envelope from Hong Kong Port Paye Permit No 3293

This is a very important statement. You are guaranteed to receive $5,000.00.

Release from: Puzzle

Circle the correct answer
20 + 5 = 25 21 23.
The release form has my correct name and complete address requiring a signature.
ok si mandemenlo